Lybrate.com has top trusted Pulmonologists from across India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Management of Smoking Cessation
Asthma Management Program
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Treatment & Management
Submit a review for Dr. Prashant SaxenaYour feedback matters!
My wife is 62 yrs female. Suffering from cns tuberculosis with multiple tuberculomas since 25th january, 2015. Taking first line medicines from 25th jan. I. E. Rcinex 450/300, combutol 600, pyraziramide 1250 daily empty stomach. Also streptomycine 0.75 injections daily. But after taking 75 injection doctor asked me to stop as she lost hearing from right ear. Combutol is also stopped due to eyes opening become problem in light. Besides dexamethasone 4mg thrice and eption 100 mg bd. Is also given daily along with pentocide dsr bd. After two months mri scan exhibit increase in lessions so doctor started second line treatment for the last 20 days adding ethide 250 mg bd and levofrox 750 mg od. Still having daily body temperature up to 100 which goes down of its own in 8-12 hrs. Body weight is decreasing and weakness rising. What should be done. Vomiting also comes despite taking emset 4 mg sometimes.
What is pneumothorax lung disease? I can't understand. And what is the reason of this disease. please help me.
I have very bad dry cough what is the natural way to get rid of this I have been drinking hot water for 2 days but nothing has happened.
Hi, My daughter is 2 years 3 months old, yesterday she got drenched in rain and today she caught cold, what would be the best medicine, please suggest. Thanks in advance.
Now Days I quit smoking but now I want to clean my lungs from taar please give suggestion to heal it.
I have cough and cold for more than a week. Today I am also having pain all around my neck. What should I do?
I have fever, cold, cough for last ten days. I took medicine but no positive result. So what should I do?
I am suffering from dry cough for the last two weeks and I have chest pain when ever I cough hard. Can you suggest I what I should be done.
I am 35 yr old male and have' sinusitis' right nose close and pain in head, eye last 10yr What should I do?
I am suffering from asthmatic. I take asthalin 4mg daily 3 times. With out medicine I am facing problem. Kindly suggest me properly treatment Thanks sir.
Hi team, I am in the middle of UPSC CSE preps. I have pollen allergy n slight sinus pblm and as time have passed I realize that it has a great influence in my sleep cycle (I feel difficult to breathe during night and this postpones my sleeping time accompanied by sneezing, eye irritation n slight cough sometimes) and I also feel lack of sleep the very next day that affects my preparations. So my question wud be how to reverse this pattern and what would be the best foot forward to make my day more effective and to have a good n sound sleep? Do I have to undergo any course of treatment? Pls suggest.
From one week I m suffering from cold. Every morning I feeling My nose full of cough and as the day passes it becomes ok.
As soon as I started using an eye drops acupat' I was having an unusual feelings or irritation below my eyes near nose. Now I already stopped using the drop after using it for two months, but also the feelings or irritability has not gone. What shall I do? I have mild headache too sometimes. Or is it sinus irritation due to the side effect of the drop since I used it for a long time?
I have allergic asthma, and uses foracort 400 capsule whenever their is asthma attack. And I usually take one pill for day. But from yesterday I am feeling breathlessness even after taking foracort and wheezing, having itching all over body and little bit cough and my heart is beating fast.
I am 63 years old. Diabetic patient with t. B. Take medicinejanuvia100 for diabetes and rcnex 600 for t. B. My feet has become blackish coloured. Please Advise.
Yearly twice I'm Suffering from deep cough, and it's lasting more than 20 days. Can you suggest any medicine? Which causes this symptom?
It is an episodic chronic respiratory disorder in which there is airflow obstruction causing difficulty in breathing. It is a very common disorder affecting children more than adults For some, the condition is mild with infrequent episodes & for others it is a serious medical emergency-An episode may pass away quickly and may be short lasting or at times lasts longer & requires immediate medical help.
Causes behind it
Hereditary & familial tendency or history of allergy, which may be skin allergy also predisposes to asthma in the offsprings. Allergy mostly inhaled is the most common cause of asthma.
Allergens can be:
- Environment - smoke, dust & pollution and petrol fumes.
- Pollen and molds from grass, flowers and trees.
- Strong perfumes
- Paints & varnishes
- Tobacco smoke
- House dust mite
- Chemical fumes
- Food, which can cause allergy are:
- Sour food
- Citrus fruits
- Cold food & drinks
- Artificially colored & flavored foods
- Beer, wine
- Canned vegetables
- Infection of the lung, which can be bacterial, viral predisposes to asthma.
- Emotional stress is a known trigger factor for an asthmatic attack.
- Over strenuous exercise and inhalation of cold air and climatic changes are also trigger factors.
- Initially there is a feeling of restlessness with a painless, tightness in the chest.
- There may be cough, sometimes with phlegm and a wheezing or whistling sound when breathing.
- Mild to moderate shortness of breath and shortness and rapid breathing follow with a feeling of anxiety, sweating & inability to lie down on the back.
- Usually the sufferer finds comfort in sitting bent forwards and near the windows.
- For infants born in vegetarian family, vegetarian food is preferred.
- Avoid food and drinks known to cause allergy - cow milk, vinegar, lemon juice, grapes, instant tea, corn syrup, fruit toppings, cold food and drinks, canned food, food additives, beer and wine.
- Eat balanced nutritious diet.
- Eat fresh unprocessed food.
- Consume Bitter gourd (Karela) cooked or juice, it strengthens the immunity.
- Every morning, drink boiled mixture of – ½ cup water, little ginger, 2-3 leaves of sweet basil (tulsi) and mint leaves, or you can eat the raw leaves, this will boost up you immunity.
- Boil a mixture of Bishops weed (Ajwain), tea leaves and water and inhale the steam, helps to decongest.
- Consume garlic and onions, will be beneficial, but avoid them if you are on homeopathic medicine.
- Consume lots of Vitamin B complex.
- Liver, kidney, pancreas, yeast (Brewer's yeast), lean meat especially pork, fish, dairy products, poultry, egg, shrimps, crabs and lobsters,.
- Milk and milk products, green leafy vegetables, legumes, nuts, whole grain cereals.
- Carrots, bananas, avocado, raspberries, artichoke, cauliflower, soy flour, barley, cereals, pasta, whole grains, wheat barn like rice and wheat germ, dried beans, peas and soybeans.
- Increase intake of magnesium in your diet.
- Sea food, nuts, green leafy vegetables.
- Peas, lotus stem, pulses, whole grains, fruits.
Do's & Don'ts
- Try to recognize the trigger factors that bring on your attack, so that you can avoid them In families with history of allergy (asthma, eczema), avoid artificial milk, eggs, cocoa, juices & wheat preparations till completion of 6 months. In such circumstances you can only breast feed till 6 months.
- Do breastfeed your baby for the first 6 months to strengthen the immune system and avoid contact with allergens such as in cow's milk .
- Avoid foods & drinks that are known to cause a problem such as vinegar, lemon juice, grapes, instant tea, corn syrup, fruit toppings, cold food & drink, canned vegetables, beer and wine Avoid smoke, pollution, dust as far as possible.
- There are three steps to be taken when dealing with an allergy.
- Firstly, identify the cause or allergen
- Secondly, avoid it.
- Thirdly, if avoidance is impossible, treat the symptoms.
- Keep a diary and try to trace a pattern or relation between your allergic reaction and the allergen. E.g. Sneezing while doing housework could mean you are allergic to house dust.
- Take steps to deal with stress, anxiety and tension as these can influence the frequency and severity of symptoms
- Good nutrition, balanced diet, adequate rest and relaxation will be beneficial.
- Yoga can help you by breathing exercises. Breathing exercise will help better utilization of available lung space.
Homoeopathy at your rescue
Homoeopathy helps to get rid of inhalers & nebulisation quickly & permanently. Homeopathy not only deals with disease it deals with patient as a whole.
- Avoid smoke, pollution, and dust as far as possible.
- Try to reduce stress, anxiety and tension, practice yoga will help to relax and relive stress.
- Yoga will also help by breathing exercise. Breathing exercise will help better utilization of available lung space. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.