Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Prashant MahlotraYour feedback matters!
I' m 18 years old. Sometimes after walking long or sitting very long time I feel a hard pain in my shoulders. Is it normal or what?
I having pain in my back bone from last 3-4 month regularly I take pain killer but no relief from it.
I am a 60-year-old male having severe back pain. The muscles do not carry my body weight and I lose balance. I can hardly walk for 30 odd metres and then I have to sit down and take rest before continuing my journey. The pain is so severe that I can not sleep at might. Pain seems to be travelling down to upper thighs though it concentrates in my lower back. I can not do any exercise. I am a heart patient - had aerotic valve replaced and quadruple bypass surgery in 2010. I am on warfarin, beta-blockers and bp controlling tablets. Please suggest remedy ?
Hi, I am an software engineer since December 2011 to may 2015, currently I am not working. The reason behind this actually I got thrombosis in brain. Actually I was getting pain from past 2 years back, but not recognized the reason behind this, after got treatment by some good doctors, now feeling better, so I would like to know about thrombosis in details and better treatment for it. Thanks.
My mother has every early morning she is struggle on leg pain and upper knees, all leg neuro have more pain she cannot fold leg usually. Please advice for treatment and which food are took must. Thanks.
I have pain in my right knee from a month or so .there is no medical history of this joint pain Dr. has said it's lack of lubricant in the knee. .and prescribed biocart ,osta d cal riconia, and fam d tablets. Can it be cured through physiotherapy.
I my 18 years old suffering with back from last months and also suffering from skinny person and suffering from night fall.
I am 29 years old last few months. My hand shoulders was getting pain in night time.what should I do?
Hello doctor. I'm having heel pain in both legs since last 3 years. Please suggest any remedy or medicine.
I am 24 yrs old female. From last few days I have too much pain in my legs. Sometimes its untolerable this pain. This pain for this summer season or anyother else. Please tell me.
You might be an elite athlete or just a commoner. There is always a possibility for you to develop back pain while carrying out your daily activities. You might not be aware, but regular activities such as sitting at the computer, running on the treadmill or simply crawling into your bed for a good night sleep can affect the health of your spine. You are always at the risk of damaging your spine, these damages lead to back pain. It has been found that faulty postures can cause back pain by causing straining of the back muscles, injuring the tendons and damaging the vertebrae or ligaments. Back pain can be caused due to the overuse of a particular activity or for undertaking a new activity.
However, it is often very difficult to pin point the exact reason behind the occurrence of back pain. Here are the common causes for back pain:
- The screen trouble: You are likely to develop back pain, if you spend long hours sitting in front of the commuter. Researchers believe that spending nine hours or more a day by texting on smart phones or tablets or typing on the computer is dangerous. You must take break at regular intervals while working on the gadgets to avoid back pain. Your monitor of the computer should be placed at the level of your eye.
- You skip the core exercises: The health of your spine depends on the core regions of your body as well. The core region includes your back, side, pelvic, and buttock muscles. It is important that you practise the core exercises like lunges, squats, and planks. They help in strengthening the muscles around your core region and keep your spine healthy.
- Improper sleep pattern: Your sleeping pattern is as much important as your walking or sitting pattern, when it comes to the health of your spine. If you sleep on your stomach, pressure is placed on joints and muscles. This may cause straining of the muscles or ligaments in the spine region.
- Smoking: Cigarettes are not just unhealthy for your lungs or heart, they are equally bad for the spine. Cigarettes contain nicotine. Researchers have found that nicotine hampers the flow of blood to vertebrae and disks in between the spine. Insufficient supply of blood to the spine region results in low absorption of calcium by the bones in this region. Therefore, you end up developing back pain.
- Blame it on your emotions: Back pain adds to your emotional stress. But believe it or not, the reverse is equally true. Depression and emotional stress increases or sometimes even initiates back pain. When an individual is depressed, his or her glands releases stress hormones known as cortisol. This hormone causes the muscles in the back region to tense up.