Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Prashant ChopraYour feedback matters!
I had a yellowish blend of teeth even after using many toothpaste, mouthwash the color is still yellow Seeking opinion for whitening teeth
My age is 16. In my teeth I am having pyorrhea and I am feeling a slight movement in one of my front tooth. My gums are reddish and swelled. I am having calculus. I had a history of dental trauma 6 years ago. My teeth are not at all straight. I am in a fear of loosing my teeth. What has happened to my teeth? What should I do now? Will I really loose my teeth?
He can never talk freely, feeled ashamed to be sit among friends, can t talk freely to their clients so and so.
Reason for this problem is formation of volatile sulphur compounds cause bad smell. Halitosis can be through bad habits like smoking, drinking, gutka chew etc or can be gerd (gastric entero regurgitation disease).
Treatment plan is in your hands.
1. We brush daily but cant give enough time on toungue cleaning which is real reserviour of bad smell producing bacterias so clean your toungue thorughly you can feel the change in few days
2. Stop the bad habits
3. Make routine to follow proper oral hygeine plan
4. Stop eating randomly or rinse mouth every time you eat randomly
5. Chlorhex+zinc mouthwash is the key to achieve wonder use it properly by 1: 4 ratio of mouthwash to water and rinse in mouth for 1minute atleast never eat half an hour after that use this two weeks than stop
I hope you like this article and start a new life free of demon called halitosis
Hello doctor, I am suffering from strange type of problem. My inter mouth scales got eroded. Here and there particularly beneath the tooth. At the same time my scrotal sac outer skin is also getting eroded. It is so painful. And little bit reddish. Please help me doctor.
I want my teeth clean without bleaching Prescribe good toothbrush and paste. The money is not a problem advice me as soon as possible.
Hi now summer season is started and am I going to gym and my body is hot body so my body is getting too heat so daily morning am having badam gum but most of them saying that you should not have a badam gum daily because it will effect your emasculated. So just say me what I wanna do else give any suggestion to cool my body without any sideeffects.
One of my teeth is paining from one week I thought that it is breaking so I also tried to break it but from that time it is moor paining What should I do!
I am getting blood from mouth while getting up from bed only at mornings there is gum bleeding and no cough.
Dental braces have become more common nowadays. In fact, nearly 4 million people in the United States are wearing braces at any one time, according to the Pennsylvania Dental Association. While dental braces used to be all metal, you will find many different types of braces today.
Discovering the Different Types of Braces
If you’re considering braces for yourself or your child, you have many options. Your orthodontist will help you make the best choice for your scenario, but here are the basics of each type.
- Traditional metal braces are made of the stainless steel brackets and wires that inspired the term “metal mouth” years ago. Fortunately today’s metal braces are noticeably smaller. And new heat-activated arch wires move your teeth more quickly and less painfully as they respond to your body’s heat.
- Ceramic braces mock metal braces in shape and size but they use tooth-colored or clear ceramic brackets that blend more naturally into your teeth. Some even use tooth-colored wires to keep your treatment even lower profile.
- Lingual braces use the same metal brackets and wires used in traditional braces, but the brackets and wires are installed on the inside of your teeth to keep them hidden.
- Invisalign consists of a series of customized, clear BPA-free plastic tray aligners that are removable and typically replaced every 2 weeks to keep your teeth moving in the desired direction.
Other braces may involve the use of nickel-titanium or copper-titanium for the wires and brackets. These metals may last longer and require fewer adjustments than stainless steel wires.
Most dental braces also involve the use of tiny rubber bands to help move your teeth. If you have any sensitivity to latex or certain metals, your orthodontist can help find a suitable alternative for you.
Assessing the Pros and Cons of the Different Types of Braces
So let’s take a look at the advantages and disadvantages of each type.
Allows kids expression
through colored bands
Limit you from eating hard
and stick foods
Less noticeable than
Most effective, like metal
More costly than metal
May stain more easilty
Invisible from outside
Harder to clean
More costly than other types
May be more uncomfortable
Less effective for severe cases
Routine adjustments take longer
than metal or ceramic braces
Allow you to eat and drink
Only available for teens and adults
Less effective for severe cases
May be more costly than others
Treatment may take longer
Require brushing teeth after eating
to prevent staining
Treatments with both braces and Invisalign typically involve some use of retainers or mouth guards afterwards to maintain the new position of your teeth.
Kids should be evaluated for orthodontics by age 7, according to the Indian Orthodontic Society. By this age, your orthodontist can detect even subtle issues with jaw growth and emerging teeth.
While most kids begin treatment between ages 9 and 14, your orthodontist will help determine whether it’s best to wait or begin treatment right away. Many orthodontists recommend treatment while your child is still growing because it can take longer and be more intensive to treat teeth after they’ve stopped growing.
Lastly, kids who receive early orthodontic treatments (like appliances to correct cleft palates) may still need braces later. But the early treatment attempts to prevent further issues from developing while providing a healthier environment for the growth of permanent teeth.
Keep in mind that while some dentists perform orthodontics, an orthodontist specializes in treatments like braces and Invisalign, having 2 or 3 more years of education and training than is required for a dentist.
I have got allergy in mouth. When I eat some fruits like grapes pineapple. Orange apple I get ulcers in my mouth. And I also get rashes in mouth. What shall I do?
I am from punjab my age is 37 male. Meri tung(jubaan )ka agla hissa 3/4 din se karva sa feel kar raha hai namak bhi fika lagta hai. Sirf aage se pichle hose me thik hai.
Sir my teeth split broken in two sir please help to treat I scared about its too pain full so please reply me sir its pain full operation?
A baby's first tooth erupts at the age of 6 months. For proper dental growth of a baby, the first visit to the dentist should be at the age of 2 years.
I have cavity but no much pain. Whenever i eat my food food beat struck inside the gap tell me what do.
1) Helps diabetics by slowing sugar release into the bloodstream.
2) Boosts metabolism and increases energy because it is more likely to be burned as fuel than stored as body fat.
3) Helps treat malnutrition because it is easy to digest and absorb.
4) Kills disease-causing bacteria, fungi, yeasts and viruses because of the antimicrobial effects of its fatty acids.
5) Prevents strokes and brain disorders such as Alzheimer's and Parkinson's.
6) Prevent tooth decay - coconut oil fights bacteria responsible for tooth decay and could be a healthy, non-chemical additive in toothpaste and mouthwash.
Click on consult privately to ask me any follow-up questions on this.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.