Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prashant Bajpai
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Prashant BajpaiYour feedback matters!
I am a techie , so almost 8 hours a day I have to sit in front of the computer. Recently I have developed a back ache. Whenever I sit for 10-15 minutes in any particular position , I feel back ache. I sit in a straight wooden chair. Please suggest me what to do.
I am 40 year old age I am suffering from last 20 year anklosing spondylises my father suffering from same disease.
I am suffering from pain in my right foot. This pain was from last 10 days. When I pressed my fingers area pain increases rapidly. Why this is happening and what are the necessary medicines to get rid out of this problem.
It’s true that physical activities and sports can do wonders for your health. But, they can also be dangerous for your health, when it comes to injuries. While on one hand exercise provides you relief from stress, it can leave you with different kinds of injuries. However, there is no need to worry as these injuries are treatable. They can be treated by physical therapies. Here are some of the common injuries that can be cured by physical therapy:
- Ligament tearing and damage of tendons: This condition is very painful. It occurs due to any accident, trauma or serious injury at the time of exercising or sports activity. Sometimes, it is required to undertake a surgery in order to fix up the tendons or ligaments. However, physical therapy can treat this condition.
- Tendinitis: It is a common condition. It is nothing but the inflammation of the tissues around muscles and bones. This usually occurs in the shoulder, elbow, wrist, hip, knee, or ankle.
- Fractures: This is a very common type of injury. Be it skiing or walking, you can anytime meet with an accident and develop fractures. Physical therapy is first applied to give back the strength of the muscles in the affected part.
- Arthritis: It is a common problem in athletes. It occurs due to repetitive motion, such as swinging a racket. It is similar to other conditions in which there are a muscle tear or sprain. These can be treated by physical therapy.
- Dislocations: This is a condition in which the bones move out of their positions. It might occur due to a sudden fall or blow during any physical activity.
- Low Back Pain: It is a common problem for ageing people. It can be mild to severe. If you are having a low back pain for more than six months, you must consult a doctor immediately. Frequent sessions of physical therapy are advised for over a prolonged period to get rid of the pain.
Physical therapy is not just to heal your injury. There are clinics which now offer preventive evaluations. These are done to determine the muscle weakness in your body. If the therapist finds any problem in the body, he tried to strengthen the muscle in the area to avoid chances of meeting accidents or falling prone to injuries.
3 Tips to choose a physical therapist
- Be sporty: Choose a clinic that offers treatment to athletes and is not for regular patients.
- Look for certifications: Find out whether the clinic is certified to meet your requirements. Check whether they have a sports certified specialist (SCS) or an orthopaedic clinical specialist (OCS)
- Do background check: Ask others to get feedback on the clinic. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.