Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Prashansa GirewalYour feedback matters!
I had miss my periods since 1 mnth nd 11 th day. Nd I had checked 3 times pregnancy test by kit bt results are negative. So wat should I do?
While a vacation might be a thrilling proposition for many, there are people who get anxious at the very thought of travelling for a vacation. These are travellers who suffer from motion sickness, a condition that causes head reeling and nausea when the patient is in a moving vehicle or even on a roller coaster. It can be occur on trains, buses, cars and even flights. It is a disturbance that is caused in the inner part of the ear. Thankfully, help is at hand with homeopathy treatments.
Let us find out what are the homeopathy treatments for this condition.
- Argentum Nitricum: Dizziness and nausea can be treated with this medicine. Also, it can help patients who are suffering from claustrophobia and general anxiety.
- Borax: When nausea and dizziness as well as anxiety are experienced during downward motion, this medicine can be used. It is best used before the landing of an aeroplane or while going downhill in a car or a bus.
- CocculusIndicus: This is one of the most common medications for motion sickness includes CocculusIndicus. It is especially helpful when the nausea becomes worse with the smell of certain foods. The patient may also take this medicine when the dizziness and weakness makes the patient lie down. This dizziness can also lead to an empty or hollow feeling in one’s abdomen, in which case this medicine can help. Lack of sleep and constantly looking at moving objects are some of the symptoms that can also be treated with this medicine. It can also be used to cure sea sickness.
- Kali Bichromicum: This medicine is ideal for sea sickness, and can be used for symptoms ranging from nausea and dizziness that happens when you stand up. Weakness and an aching body can also be treated with this medicine.Bloating, gagging and retching are also some of the symptoms that can be treated with this medicine.
- Tabacum: When the patient is experiencing symptoms like feeling extremely cold and tired, or even a sinking feeling, this medicine can be used as a remedy.
- Petroleum: Constant nausea can be treated with petroleum. The symptoms treated by this medicine also include an empty feeling in the pit of the stomach as well as too much saliva production, and stiffness in the neck and back. Also, the patient may take this medicine when stomach pain is experienced due to motion sickness.
- Rhus Toxicodendron: This medicine is ideal for motion sickness experienced due to air travel. Besides air sickness, this medicine can also treat intense headaches and dryness in the mouth and throat. It can also be used to treat stomach pain.
Me and my girl had an intercourse I made sure I didn't load inside two days prior her period she have to start her cycle on 23rd of Feb but she didn't she felt cramps and tender breast and she is discharging white fluid and sometimes she felt her period started but it actually didn't is she pregnant or is it just an irregular period.
I am rati I am 20 year old married female and I have irregular period time after my marriage please suggest me doctor hurry.
I am 30 years old. As I had an kidney transplantation surgery 2 yrs back and now my medical condition is perfectly normal. So I want to know that can I become pregnant safely?
Can a lady have a another baby or another pregnancy if she is pregnant and had sex during her 4th or 5th month of pregnancy.
My sister is 19 years old but she didn't have periods. We took homeopathic medicine but nothing happened. Now after ultrasound, reports were showing that a rudimentary nodule of some mm was found instead of uterus. At last it was written rudimentary/ absent uterus.
Periods late by 8 days, constant feeling of being weak, nausea, occasional pain in legs and lower abdomen, vaginal discharge. What should be done?
Hi Dr, I have one more question, I am 35 years old married woman with two daughter's, I want to know is anal sex good or bad, my husband sometimes does anal sex with me, I allow him because he loves doing it, but I don't enjoy so much, I allow him as I don't have choice, pls tell me is anal sex good or bad.
Hello Dr. It's been 3 years of marriage n once I had miscarriage a few months before. After that I'm not able to conceive. What is the best time to conceive for a baby. I have thyroid but my last TSH test is 0.66 n it is normal. My weight is 82 kg n my age is 23 yrs. I'm having lil effect of PCOS also. Last month I was having follicular monitoring but it wasn't successful. please help me doctor.
I am 28 yrs female. My periods never follow general cycle but they hav been regular fr a few month. Nw I was due on 22 sept but nt hav been down as yet. I have a trip n I either want to get done with my periods this week or want them after 2weeks. What to do.
Menstrual disorders are caused by a variety of factors and affect every woman in a different manner. In most cases, it manifests itself in the form of fluctuations in menstrual flow and irregularity in the monthly cycle. Certain disorders are not too severe and can be easily alleviated. Others are more complicated and require the immediate attention of a gynecologist.
As mentioned, there are different specific causes of different kinds of disorders resulting from a range of factors such as hormone levels, functioning of the central nervous system, health of the uterus, etc.
Some of the most common causes of menstrual disorders are as follows:
- Hormonal imbalance: Fluctuating hormone levels in the body have a direct impact on the menstrual cycle. These fluctuations can be caused by dysfunction in the pituitary gland, thyroid gland or adrenal gland. It can also be a result of malfunction in either or both ovaries and the secretion of hormones originating there.
- Anatomic problems: One fourth menstrual disorders are caused by problems of the anatomy. These include various gynecological issues like the presence of uterine fibroids and polyps, reduced uterine contractile strength, adenomyosis (intrusion of uterine tissue into the muscular wall of the uterus), a uterus with an excessively large surface area, and endometrial cancer.
- Clotting irregularities: Abnormality in clotting is a cause of heavy menstrual bleeding in women. It leads to exceeding blood loss from minor cuts and gashes and makes one easily prone to bruising. This may also include medical conditions such as thrombocytopenia (platelet dysfunction) and Von Willebrand disease.
- Medications and supplements: There is a wide range of medications and nutritional or hormonal supplements which often cause menstrual disorders in women and lead to fluctuations in the menstrual cycle. These include medicines such as aspirin, ibuprofen, estrogen pills, Vitamin E supplements etc.
- Miscellaneous factors: These are comparatively rare and require a greater degree of medical attention. It includes conditions such as cervical cancer, ovarian tumors, liver and kidney diseases, uterine infections, extreme psychological stress, obesity, etc. Incidents such as miscarriages and unsuspected pregnancies are also known to cause abnormal menstrual bleeding.
Related Tip: " All You Need To Know About Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder"
I had a relationship 1 year back and we had physical relations. My boyfriend was masturbating and his semen went a little in my vagina .we never had sex. But after 2 months I started to have few symptoms like pain and burning sensation in the urine, vaginal itching and abdomen pain and in between it used to get normal but frequently I noticed these symptoms. I thought these symptoms were normal or may be due to menstrual flow but now the symptoms have increased a little. So is there any chance that I could be pregnant or could catch any kind of infection?
Is it possible to have problems in follicle formation, when menstrual cycle is regular with 4 days flow.
Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) is a medical condition related to a woman’s endocrine system. Generally, this disorder is characterised by an imbalance of the sex hormones (oestrogen and progesterone), which leads to the development of multiple small cysts in the ovaries. Symptoms of PCOS include acne, irregular menstrual cycle and depression to name a few.
The causes of PCOS have not been accurately identified so far, but researchers suggest that the following factors might contribute to the onset of the condition.
1. Increased amount of insulin secretion - Women suffering from insulin resistance may get PCOS as their body is not able to effectively use this insulin, which results in increased insulin secretion by the pancreas. This, in turn, triggers more androgen (male sex hormone) production in the ovaries, making it difficult for the ovaries to ovulate.
2. Lower inflammation levels - The white blood cells present in your body form resistance against infections through a response termed as inflammation. Women with lower inflammation levels are likelier to get PCOS as the decreased levels stimulate polycystic ovaries, thereby producing more androgens.
3. Genetic factor - If you have a family history of PCOS, it’s highly probable that you may also get it as the disease is linked with your genes.
How To Live with PCOS
PCOS comes with numerous side effects like acne, obesity, infertility, excessive facial or body hair among others. There are certain lifestyle changes, which you may consider to manage PCOS and minimise its side effects.
1. Change your diet - Opt for a low carbohydrate, low sugar diet to keep your insulin levels in control, as insulin is responsible for increasing the severity of PCOS symptoms.
2. Try to maintain an ideal body weight - Obesity is known for worsening insulin resistance, and you can prevent this by regularly keeping your weight in check. You can practice some easy at-home exercise to reduce weight besides having a balanced diet.
3. Get yourself checked regularly - Visit a doctor and get yourself checked regularly for potential health risks as PCOS is often associated with increased chances of diabetes, heart diseases, certain forms of cancer, hypertension, and high LDL (bad) cholesterol levels.
4. Join a support group - Joining a PCOS support group will help you cope with your emotional difficulties, while helping you to live a better life by cultivating an optimistic outlook. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
My partner is facing vaginal swelling, itching and pain after sexual contact. It is really concerning and please help us as fast as you can. Its her 2nd time!
1. Boosts your immune system
Lemons are rich in vitamin c, b, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium and fiber. Although vitamin c is the key to jump-starting our immune system, the rest of the nutritional benefits of the lemon can certainly do you no harm. It's good to drink a glass or two of lemon water when you are feeling stressed, because that is when your immune system is most likely to fall prey to any surrounding bacteria or viruses.
2. A surprising source of potassium
Potassium is good for the health of your heart as well as your brain and nerve function. It is usually found in vegetables like potatoes and spinach, but lemons are also an excellent source for a potassium boost.
3. Eases your digestion
Lemon water should be consumed at room temperature, as warm water helps stimulate smooth movement within the gastrointestinal tract. Lemons and other citrus fruits contribute to this effect because they are rich in vitamins and minerals that loosen up the toxins in the digestive tract, known as ama. Lemon is an excellent natural remedy for symptoms of indigestion like heartburn and bloating.
4. A natural diuretic
Lemons increase the rate of urination and therefore are able to quickly remove toxins in the digestive tract that can affect the health of the urinary tract.
5. Keeps your skin clear
The potent vitamin c in lemons helps keep the skin blemish and wrinkle free. In addition, the antioxidants in lemon juice can be applied to scars and age spots in order to reduce their appearance without diminishing the skin's radiance.
6. Reduces inflammation
Drinking lemon water on a regular basis may decrease the levels of acidity within the body, which is where disease is most likely to occur. It works to remove uric acid in the joints which is the main source for joint pain and inflammation. It's also good to drink the lemon water in the winter at a lukewarm temperature to fight off the effects of cold-weather stiffness.
7. A caffeine aid
Lemon juice is an excellent way to cut back on caffeine in coffee or soda because it has similar rejuvenating effects. Substituting your morning cup of joe for a cup of hot water and lemon may save you from an afternoon crash and quiet your caffeine cravings.
8. Keeps you hydrated
Starting your day off with a cup of hot lemon water can not only prevent fatigue later on in the day, but also dehydration. Dehydration is one of the major causes of toxic buildup, stress and even susceptibility to viral infections. So if you are the kind that forgets to drink water, it is recommended that you drink lemon water in order to stay hydrated throughout the day.