Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Prashansa GirewalYour feedback matters!
Hi Dr. My period date is 4. today 5 may I test I am nt pregnant. My period come on time bt nw late. Last month my thyroid is 3. I feel like period from 10 days bt nt yet. I wait or there is chance that pregnancy test may b wrong. I hav mix feeling. In morning gastric. In other side I always feel feet burn in period days this is also happen n bloating also. Plzhelp me I do again pregnancy test.
I am having irregular periods like every month I have periods but there is 1 month n 20 days gap between my periods please suggest me what can I do.
I have sex with my g.f.and I do a pregnancy test and it comes negative and still periods is not coming after 9 days .if I give her secam p and secam e tablet. Can it work. And I want suggestion.
I am 21 years old and from a few weeks back I am suffering from chest pain. Don't know the reason why I am getting pain. I Am getting fear that I have breast lumps what to do to confirm this?
Morning sickness is one of the unpleasant experiences during pregnancy. Some women dread at the thought of it. It is more common in the first 12 weeks of pregnancy, especially with the first child. Allopathy attributes this to hormonal changes, vitamin deficiency, dehydration, etc. Homeopathy believes that this morning sickness happens with the physical, emotional, and biological adjustments that the mother has to make with the new baby growing within her. As with all conditions, homeopathy believes in not just giving a medication to cure the nausea but to identify the associated symptoms and manage the woman as a whole entity.
Some of the popular homeopathic options available are listed below:
- Colchicum: The mere thought of food intensifies the nausea, especially fish and eggs. Any movement increases the nausea. There is an urge to consume carbonated drinks. The woman chooses to sleep with her knees drawn close to the chest.
- Sepia: The smell and thought of food worsens the nausea sensation. There is a craving for vinegar, sweets, and pickles. There is a feeling of heaviness in the pelvis. This exhaustion leaves you with a feeling of indifference to close family and friends. Exercise can improve the feeling.
- Pulsatilla: Staying in a closed, stuffy room make the nausea worse. Being out in the open air makes it better. Walking makes it better. The craving for sweet and fatty foods is high, but that worsens the nausea. Water consumption is reduced. Mood is unpredictable, wanting comfort and reassurance.
- Nux vomica: The woman wakes up from bed with a nausea, but not able to vomit out. The woman is hyperstimulated and feels very anxious and stressed. Light and sound can also add to the irritation. There is a strong insomnia component to this woman.
- Cocculus indicus: Loss of appetite, with even the thought or smell or sight of food making you nauseous. There is a highly tired and fatigued feeling. The person can feel chills, vertigo, and loss of sleep. The symptoms are usually worse in the afternoon.
- Ipecacuanha: The nausea is severe and constant, but is not relieved with vomiting. There is profuse salivation and constant spitting.
- Tabacum: The nausea in this woman is persistent, is worse when in a warm room, and induced by even the slightest smell of tobacco. The nauseas feels better when there is fresh air movement, might ask for the car windows to be open. There is also an urge to leave the abdomen uncovered.
In addition to these, some tips to avoid morning sickness include eating a dry cracker before getting out of bed, avoiding fatty foods for dinner, drinking plenty of water, and including a lot of ginger in your diet. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
A fibroid tumour is made up of muscle cells that have escaped and come together to create a knot or a mass in the uterus. These tumours can occur due to a family history, and are usually known to occur for women patients nearing menopause. One of the most common symptoms is unusually heavy menstrual cycles. Let us walk you through the rest of the details.
* Types: Fibroid tumours can be of three types, mainly depending on the location. While submucosal fibroids can be found just under the lining of the uterus, intramural fibroids can be found between the muscles that lie on the walls of the uterus. Finally, the third type - subserol fibroids - go beyond the uterine wall to enter the pelvic cavity.
* Symptoms: Usually, there are no symptoms of these kinds of fibroids. There may be heavy bleeding during the monthly menstrual cycle, as well as swelling and pain in the abdomen. Also, prolonged bleeding is common when these kinds of tumours are present in the body.
* Cause: Fibroid tumours are mostly caused due to an overgrowth of the cells beyond the muscular walls that line the uterus. In such cases, the growth is further fuelled by hormones like estrogen and progesterone. These hormones are usually at their highest level in the body, during the child bearing years of a woman. During menopause, these tumours are known to shrink before they eventually vanish. It is very rare to find malignancy in such tumours.
* Risk: Are you at risk? Well, that depends on your age, family medical history, weight and in some cases, even the ethnicity. These tumours are mostly found in women who are between the age of 30 to 40 years and continues through menopause. Obesity is also a major reason that gives rise to this condition. Further, women of colour are known to develop this more easily while a family history can also increase your chances of the same.
* Tests and Diagnosis: A pelvic exam and an ultrasound as well as a history of your menstrual cycle will help the doctor in determining whether or not you are suffering from this condition.
* Treatment: Non steroid anti inflammatory drugs can help in bringing down the swelling and pain, especially in cases where there is heavy menstrual bleeding. Birth control pills and patches with hormones can also help in such cases. Further, progesterone shots and iron supplements may be prescribed. Very severe cases may require surgery for removal with a myomectomy.
Remember to visit your doctor in case you see any nagging symptoms of fibroid tumours.
My gf did not have any side effects after having unwanted 72. She took on 27th june at 3pm. 4 days have passed but she is normal and did not had any side effects. Is it normal? is she safe? is side effects necessary? please answer me.
Hi, I have almost regular periods with cycle length between 28 and 33. Last month I had periods on March 8th. This month I had it on April 6th. So my cycle was 29 days long. We are trying for a baby. This month I started looking into the cervical mucus to identify the fertile period. Even today (20th April), 15th day from periods, I am getting light creamy mucus. We contacted on 17th, 19th and 20th. Is it possible that your cervical mucus is creamy but still you can get pregnant? Can you let me know more about the cervical mucus and its relation with ovulation? Also could you let me know which is the best days to contact if we are trying to get pregnant?
Hi doctor in clomid how much months want for conceive my egg not growing so minimum and maximum how much months want please tell me.
I am 26 yrs-old. I have hypertension and some friends told taking excess of medicines can cause problem in sex life is it true? What should I do to maintain good sex life.
Hi, I am pregnant of 9 months and 16 days I am having red pore like below my stomach till my private parts I don't know the reason please tell me. Also let me symptoms of delivery.
Mera menstruation 8- 9 days badke ata hai or abdominal pain bahut hota hai ye kis karan se hota hai or mujhe es ke liye kya karna chahiye.
I am a 50 yrs old male. For 5 yrs I have itching on scrotum'skin. Tried number of ointments but yet to find the cure. I have used betnovate, betamil, momate etc. But only got temp relief. Scratching the skin initially gives pleasure but burning sensation later. Please suggest permanent cure. Thanks
My Age 24 years Problem is 1 year back she got fibroid surgery and after that she is getting menses 1 month almost 30to35 days and next month 12to15 days this cycle is repeated month to month wat was the problem is there any chance to re appear fibroid. Uterus has not removed in last surgery.
My period has not come from past 4n half month. I am unmarried girl, having a problem of PCOD, what should I need to do so that my period will come.
In this modern age, due to busy life style as well as sitting nature of job our physical activity has gone almost nil and mental activity has become prominent. Usually nobody has much time to go for yoga classes or gym. At the same time there is a gentle, low impact exercise that's easy, free and available to everyone and that is walking.
Walking strengthens your heart:
Walking is great cardio exercise. It reduces risk of heart stroke, bad cholesterol and increases good cholesterole.30 minutes daily walk maintains your blood pressure in normal range, high bp causes stroke.
Walk is a blessing for patients who have diabetic background in family. Daily walk reduces chances of diabetes by 80%. It keeps you away from these silent killer diseases as you never know when they attack you until visible symptoms are detected.
Decline in memory or impair thinking skills that makes person unable to do daily activities. Daily 30 mins walk avoid shrinkage of brain and preserve memory. Dementia affects 1 in 14 people at the age of 65 and 1 in 6 at the age of 80. Walking does wonders for such ageing problems.
Tone your body
Walking tones your body. It gives definition to calves, quads, hamstrings. It keeps your abs and waist in shape.
Walking is the perfect way to keep you active. Most of the population is suffering from deficiency of vitamin D. Be healthy and active and enjoy a walk with your friends or self.
Walking makes you happy
Walking makes you feel good. Daily walk boost up your mood, it is as effective as antidepressants in mild to moderate cases of depression. It releases feel good endorphins and reduces stress and anxiety. So for positive mental health, walking is absolutely must.