Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prashansa Girewal
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Prashansa GirewalYour feedback matters!
I am a married person with a child of about a year old and my wife passed through surgery. Now I do not want that my wife become pregnant one more time at least for 5 to 6 years. Now I want to know is there any safe kind of solution to control pregnancy.
Age: 31 Issue: Poly cystic ovarian syndrome, endometrial cyst in left ovary with size 3.7 I got delayed period after 50 days, so it is overbleeding. Doctor suggested me Trapic 650 for 3 days, 3 times Is there a chance for pregnancy during this cycle.
Hello I am 28 yrs old married woman. Height 5'4" and weight 75kg. Recently I joined gym but within 2 days of cardiovascular experience I faced slight bleeding in my vigina and I am facing this next day also. Which made me scared. Please help me out.
I have tried 7 times iui 2 times ivf still my wife has not conceived I am now 40 and my wife 35 her amh now is 2.3 and my sperm count is 20 million I am thinking of now going for once again for ivf which is best centre what precautions should we both take her tubes are patent and no endometriosis or cist also let me know how shall I improve my sperm count
My daughter aged 18 years, was preparing for IIT, due to which she was in undue stress, and irregular periods, ultimately she have pcod now, and her weight reached to 90 kg. How she will be normal as she is doing lot of exercise, yoga, swimming now and taking low calorie foods, and her periods are regular now, kindly let me know if furocyst tablets will work in this case.
In our nose, there are three pairs of turbinates which originate on the lateral walls of our nasal cavity. When the lowest pair of the turbinates or the inferior turbinates is enlarged due to allergies or some other condition, it results in nasal blockage causing breathing difficulty. If the inferior turbinates are reduced in size by turbinate reduction, it helps to improve the obstruction of the nose as it creates more space for inhaling air or breathing through the nose.
This can be done with a number of techniques. The most common method used is the submucous resection and also radio-frequency reduction. While in the operating room, these two procedures are often combined with a procedure known as outfracture. In this process, the inferior turbinates are pushed to the sides of the nose by which space for breathing opens up a little more. It is done by breaking the small thin bone which is inside the turbinate itself.
An insight into the different types of procedures for turbinate reduction:
The submucous resection of the inferior turbinates is done in the operation theatre under general anesthesia. In this procedure, a small cut is made in the lining of the inferior turbinates. Then the lining is lifted off the thin bone which forms the main structural support for the inferior turbinate. After removing the part of this bone and after the healing process which includes shrinking of the lining of the turbinate, the size of the nasal passage increases and creates more breathing space providing long term relief.
The radiofrequency turbinate reduction is performed in a chamber without any anesthesia. A specially designed probe with a needle is used which is placed in the turbinate and radio-frequency energy is transferred in order to heat up the tissues under the surface in a controlled way. The heating of the tissues creates damage, and the size of the inferior turbinates is reduced during the healing process. The whole procedure takes around 10 minutes. The risks of this procedure are comparatively low with little or no pain during the phase of healing. Sometimes one single session is not effective, and many patients require more than one session.
Risks of turbinate reduction:
The most common risk of turbinate reduction is nose bleeding. As the inferior turbinates have an excellent supply of blood, there is a chance of nose bleeding after the surgery. Another risk of turbinate reduction is the dryness of nose which is temporary, but in some case, it can be permanent. Also, any kind of surgery inside the nose can cause changes in the sense of smell. The sense of smell generally returns, but in some cases, it can also be long lasting.
Your doctor will be able to advise on the line of treatment best for your condition.
Last mensuration cycle on 5 of previous month and I have intercourse on 14 and after that I take a dose of I pill.What should I do?
Most of the time people are not even aware of the bad habits which can harm their health in several ways. However, we do them persistently without realizing that these habits are actually harming our health and can lead to problems like heart diseases, sleep or eating disorders, stress, etc.
Here are 10 of those bad habits.
- Smoking cigarettes and nicotine addiction: Everybody knows that cigarettes cause cancer, especially when smoked excessively. Very few people know that nicotine also can lead to shrinking of brain and diseases like Alzheimer. Therefore, one must quit this bad habit right away.
- Skipping the most important meal of the day: These days, all of us mostly lead a busy lifestyle which involves skipping breakfast or lunch on a daily basis. Incidentally, many people are not aware of the fact that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and one should not skip it at any cost.
- Eating without being hungry and overeating: Just as you should not skip the important meals in a day, overeating is bad as well. There are many of us who love food and are habituated with eating while watching or reading something. Very soon, this habit of overeating can make them obese or popularly known as ‘couch potato.’
- Extremely bad food habits: Quite often, we prefer to include only those kinds of food items which we love. On the contrary, one should follow a healthy and balanced diet including carbohydrate, protein, fat, vitamin, minerals and water, as per individual body demands.
- Skipping exercise and leading an inactive life: Having a balanced diet is not enough if you want a healthy body and mind. There is no alternative to physical fitness and exercises. Being physically inactive can lead to heart diseases, cholesterol problems, arthritis, obesity, etc.
- Sleeping disorders: A person must have seven to eight hours of uninterrupted sleep to maintain the proper sleep cycle. The sleeping disorder can cause severe health problems.
- Watching television or using mobile before going to bed: To get a relaxed sleep, you need to quit the habit of watching any video, television series, movies, playing with mobile phones. Our minds tend to reminiscent about those videos, and that can disrupt our sleep. Instead, you can read a bit.
- Excessive consumption of alcohol: An inordinate amount of alcohol in our body might make us excited, and that is not good when you are going to drive or sleep. Always keep a check over your alcohol consumption.
- Stress and fatigue: Taking stress can cause us fatigue, sleeping and eating disorders, etc. Therefore, you need to learn how to manage stress o maintain a balance between your private and work life.
- Not relaxing or enjoying your leisure: Since we live in a stressful environment, we need to value recreation. Overworking can cause severe stress and psychological problems. Avoid that by doing whatever you like, such as, reading, traveling, etc.
Get rid of these bad habits which can cause harm to your health and start enjoying a healthy and happy life. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I had gone for IUI 15 th day of my cycle. I have taken hcg shots for growing follicles. On my 26 th and 27 th day very light blood spots only one time per day. I thought it was period. After IUI taken tablet justifit300 sr progesterone tablets till 25 th day. Today is my 31 th day of cycle. I did not get the period. breasts are paining. cramping in lower abdomen. Could you please suggest me what is happening. Getting scaring to go for pregnancy test. As I was struggling for 7 years for pregnancy. This is first time IUI for me.
We all believe that consuming fruit is an uncomplicated task that involves buying, cutting and eating the pieces. But in reality, to reap the benefits, you need to consume it at the right time. By consuming fruits at the right time, it can contribute to boost the detoxification process and help in weight loss and kick-start the metabolism process.
When is the best time to eat fruits?
Fruits comprise of different types of nutrients which offer protection against different types of diseases and infections, lower the chances of heart diseases and hypertension. If you eat fruits without proper knowledge of how to consume it, it can create problems rather than offer benefits. You should, therefore, try to eat fruits at the following timings.
- Empty stomach in the morning: Experts always recommend consumption of fruits on an empty stomach and in between meals. This is because digestion takes place at a fast pace during these times and the enzymes required for digestion of fruits are released easily when you are on an empty stomach. Fruits are high in simple sugars which need long hours to be completely digested by the body. Thus, if you eat fruits on an empty stomach, all the nutrients, sugar and dietary fibers are processed properly in the body. This ensures that your body gets the right quantity of nutrition from the consumption of fruits.
- Before and after workout: Another viable time of eating fruits is before or after exercising. You are free to eat your choicest fruits right before or immediately after working out. The body would easily utilize the sugars derived from the fruits for extracting energy before a workout. It also helps in filling back the energy content of the body if you consume fruits right after workout sessions.
Eating fruits is a simple process which is known for offering a host of benefits. But there are also numerous myths regarding the timing of consumption of fruits which need to be debunked. One such myth is that if you are suffering from high blood sugar, you should consume fruits at least one to two hours before meals. The idea behind the myth is that people with diabetes have digestive issues and eating fruits separately can improve digestion to some degree. But there is no supportive evidence for the statement.
So, it is advised to eat the fruit as a snack together with protein-packed meals which can aid in digestion. This is also beneficial as smaller amounts of sugar gets absorbed at a time which leads to the meagre amount of rising in blood sugar levels. With these few factors in mind, you can get the most out of your daily fruits consumption.