Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Prasant GoelYour feedback matters!
I am In deep depression and fear it is a terrifying feeling to do my routine acts I can't even understand that what is happening to me I have suicidal thoughts also give me good suggestion I am really fearing I think my problems were cleared when something very bad happens to me.
What is the procedure to control hyper tension. My doctor suggested Ativan 1mg. Is the Medicine has any side effect? Please advise.
All the tumours are dangerous? Can we survive whole life within tumours? Because I have some tumours around the throat and some on the right side of chest. M very depressed what I am do? They are increasing in the size ; (Help me pls.
Hi Doctor, I am 33 years old. Weight is 82 kgs approx. feel pain in entire body all through the day. Feel like lethargic and with no energy every time. Further have problem with stool too. Feels like stool pressure all the time. Stomach always gives heavy feeling.
I am seriously obsessed to love. I loved a girl sincere without any bad intentions. But now she's gone due to her situations. So to forget and move on with life. What should I do?
I am suffering from depression. Should I take any medicine or only councelling will help? which medicine should I take?
My friend have depression problem due to his break up with his girlfriend. Please tell me how can I help you?
My room met have the hepatitis B virus, and he was told me recently , what is the hepatitis , if I have any problem with him in future what I will do I do not use his things but I have so much tension the virus transmit to me.Please tell.
Dimag slow chlta h. Kbhi kbhi to turant pehle jo kiya uska bilkul bhi yad nhi rehta. Yaddast slow h. yoga bhi roj krta hu 5 am se fir bhi. i'm tension me jldi aa jata hu. Kya kre. Weakness h.
Anxiety and stress are regular occurrences that happen to all individuals in certain situations. But if these become habitual and take place in excessive frequency, then it is symptomatic of a psychological problem. Anxiety disorders require proper treatment through counseling and therapy for leading a healthy stress-free life.
Anxiety impacts each person at a different level and is accompanied by various types of irrational phobias. Hence it differs from case to case. There are a few general types into which anxiety disorders can be categorized. Some of these types are as follows:
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD): This kind of anxiety is constant and vague and does not appear to stem from any specific factor. Those suffering from it are affected during all waking hours and even in sleep when it is disturbed and irregular due to unending stress.
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD): A person suffering from ocd experiences uncontrollable compulsions and is unable to keep from obsessing over issues of trivial nature. This manifests itself in definite behavioral patterns which become rigid and inflexible.
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD): This is an extreme form of anxiety disorder that is caused when the patient experiences a traumatic event or life-threatening accident that leaves a mental scar. It takes the form of panic attacks, nightmares, sudden mental breakdowns, hyper vigilance, and excessive nervousness.
- Panic Disorder: The patients of this disorder experience sudden panic attacks which occur frequently without any specific trigger. It is also accompanied by the fear of having such attacks, as well as a fear of being in places from where it is difficult to escape in the event of an attack.
- Social Anxiety Disorder (SAD): Also known as social phobia, sad causes a person to be in constant fear of being negatively viewed by people. It involves constant fear of public humiliation and also gives rise to performance anxiety or stage fright.
How to Recognize An Anxiety Disorder?
There are many symptoms of anxiety disorders which have both physical and emotional symptoms. Following are the most common signs of chronic anxiety: