Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Prasant GoelYour feedback matters!
My wife is diagnosed with bipolar disorder depression I heard that there is no permanent cure for that she is only 36 years old with two kids how she and our family survive with this dangerous decease please guide if it can be cured.
I have been diagnosed with anxiety neurosis. It feels very uncomfortable at my left chest. Multiple ECG done. Nothing found. I am very negative. Thinks negative. M I developing any heart issues or its just in my mind? Pls advice.
Sir Muje kahi baar stress or tension ki wajah se anxiety or high Blood pressure ho jata ha. Or ke liye koi proper medicine or parhage M occasionally drink or smoking krta hu.
My father is addicted to. Alcohol and his liver is quite damaged. What are the possible ways, by which he can leave his addiction. I also want to order a breathlyser to check him, what would be the appropriate company to order it.
I am a student, I want to work hard do lots of work and get a good amount of outcome for my input, but whenever I work, or study, I cannot give full concentration also while giving exams, if i'm attempting a particular question, I feel like there is a barrier in my mind which is not letting me think about the solutions or question tricks, I feel I cannot cross that barrier and feel helpless. Please advise.
Hi, my age is 26, I am running a business, I am a chain smoker minimum 15 to 20 cigarette a day from past 4 years due to business tension. Now I want to quit the smoking, how can I quit my smoking habit and how can I clean my lungs which cause damage due to smoking from past 4 years? Is there any treatment? I heard there is treatment of cleaning lungs, so please suggest me.
sometimes when I masturbate after I feel pain below my abdomen today I did it I feel hot in my body someone says because I think a lot that's why it's true I think a lot could this be anxiety?
Is it normal to marry a person who hvin medication of benign multiple sclerosis frm last 5 year, want to known what it is actually and its consequences.
Man is different from the other species in that we are social beings. One of the main differentiators is our constant need to 'connect' with our fellow beings. Be it family or friends or society at large, we constantly need to be connected to our near and dear ones and want attention, affection, and assurance.
We need to respect this basic desire and appreciate that there is nothing wrong in feeling needed. Problems arise when this feeling to be needed gets excessive. There is a significant constant demand from the needy person, especially from those who are close to them.
Some cases where neediness is demonstrated are in new relationships. In the beginning, there is a great urge to please and therefore a greater focus on interacting with them. There is a fear of losing attention, there is insatiable excessive demand for attention - be it pleas, accusations, or demands - so as to not feel abandoned and deserted. Neediness is also quite evident in people with depression. Again, an attempt to not be abandoned by their near and dear ones.
By making a conscious effort, the neediness can be reduced, thereby making the relationships smoother and less painful to both the parties involved. As the saying goes - 'acknowledging the problem is half the problem solved'. Needy people should realize or accept if told that there is an issue and make a conscious effort to work on reducing neediness.
1. Divert attention - As simple as it might sound, it is equally effective. Indulge in whatever interests you - exercise, meditation, dance, sing, etc. The idea is to divert attention so that the urge to feel needy and act on that instinct is reduced. This reduces the fear of being lonely and works magic. The busier you get, the less bored you are. As they say, be alone but not lonely.
2. Clarity in communication - One of the intricacies of neediness is making unclear demands. Sadly, quite often, the person does not know what he wants, and so are the demands or requests which are equally unclear. Once you are aware that your neediness is making you do this, make an effort to clearly communicate what you actually want. This reduces the stress on both the parties involved and leads to a happier engagement.
3. Clarity in relationships - Take a step back and see if your neediness is affecting any major relationships. If yes, revisit and clarify. Make an attempt and reestablish the relationships. If it is your truly near and dear ones, they will be very forthcoming and understanding.
4. Move on - In cases where your neediness has affected another person, be wise to accept their wishes and not be more 'needy' or clingy. This acceptance will make way for a lot of healthier relationships as you learn to deal with accepting your issues.
5. Socialize - Use your hobbies to make more friends and socialize more. Having more people to interact with reduces your need to be accepted by the same people. You have more people to rely on and might make more friends for keeps.
These are some simple ways to reduce neediness on others, but as mentioned, the first step is to accept and then work on ways to reduce it.