Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Prasanna BhatYour feedback matters!
My son is 10 years old. He is always in some dream world. He has become from good to bad to worse. He isn't mingling with people much. Sometimes we feel he is faking it. What should we do?
I have a problem of bedwetting. I am suffering from my childhood so please help me to cure this problem as it is not good for me.
My 4 days old baby always getting hiccups. Is there any problem. Does it need any remedy. Please suggest me.
My 19 months old baby girl feel much pain while passing stool for last one month. Is it normal or a series problem.
My child is 7 and 1/2 yrs and has been detected with celica desires how much r the chances of getting it cute and wht future to take care of? is it the wheat has to be completed stopped? or if consumed by mistakenly as she's a child how far it wil harm her?
My daughter is 13.5 years old she has very poor appetite. She does not eat anything in morning (says will vomit or having vomiting feeling ), basically we have seen its more of anxiety of going to school that she avoids eating .on weekends she does not complain of vomiting but no eating. Her weight gain and height gain last 5-10 years is below lowest curve. Worried of both, suggest anything for hunger and height.
I am 25 years old. My first baby. She is 7 weeks old. She sleeps very less compared to other babies her age. She sleeps an average of 5 to 6 hours only. She is very active, makes eye contact, smiles, makes sounds. Everything normal. Her eyes are a little slanted, sticks her tongue out most of the time. One of the doctor brought this to notice. However we always thought her eyes resembles mine. Being my first child, I am going insane. Her hands, feet everything looks normal. Please tell me what are the odds. I do not want to think dat my baby has DS.
My baby is just 20 days old. While he born the weight is 2.8 kg. Now he gained nearly 400g. Tis is good or I have to reduce my feeding?
My son is now seven months old and when he born since then he is having nasal sound and now also coming voice from his nose. So that is cough or any else . Regular voice coming.
My son is 8 years old. He is having a habit of peeing in night on bed. Please suggest how to get rid of this habit?
Our baby is diagnosed with complete AVSD at 13 weeks. Is this curable or the only option is to terminate the baby. Please help.
ADHD or Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder refers to those psychological disorders, which significantly alter a child's behavior and considerably affects his or her relationships with others. This condition is seldom preceded by perceptible symptoms and even when they do, they are difficult to decipher. However some of them are:
- Self-centered: Those children who suffer from the attention deficit hyperactivity syndrome tend to be encapsulated in their own subjectivity. Though this does seem harmless apparently, this tendency may lead them to be insensitive to other's needs and wants.
- Emotional outbursts: ADHD makes children extremely susceptible to frequent emotional outbursts and makes them erratic.
- Difficulty in concentration: Children who suffer from ADHD face extreme difficulty in concentrating or focusing on things. Many a times they fail to repeat what was told to them.
There might be several causes which can contribute to the development of this disorder. Some of them are:
- A drastic change in the child's lives: A sudden or a drastic change like the divorce of parents may severely affect the child and maim him emotionally. This may lead to the development of this disorder.
- Depression: Though always associated with adults, depression can be and is common among children as well. In such instances, a consequent development of ADHD is highly plausible.
- Bipolar disorder: Bipolar disorder refers to excessive and incomprehensible mood swings. Many children suffer from it in their early lives, making them susceptible to ADHD.
Notwithstanding the ambiguity and the erratic nature of the disorder, there might be preventive measures which parents might adopt to deter the outbreak of the disorder. Some of them are:
- Less use of preservatives: Parents must be careful about what their children eat. Those foods which contain a certain amount of preservatives tend to aggravate the disorder thereby causing more harm than good.
- Consider alternative forms of medications: Another way of dealing with this problem is by exploring other forms of medications and not sticking to one form. In this respect, practicing yoga may be very beneficial.