Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pramod Thaneja
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Pramod ThanejaYour feedback matters!
Is a pregnant woman in its 33rd week safe to travel in bus and in flight? And also please advise me with some safety ways for pregnant woman to travel. Thanks.
I had sex with my gf on 23rd of march the condom broke and I am not sure if I ejaculated inside or not. I gave her unwanted 72 after 22 hrs but there hasn't been any withdrawal bleeding or even spotting. Her due date of periods is around 6th of April. Please help I am really worried.
Not getting your period on the expected date can make a woman nervous, especially if she is not planning a family. However, there is more than one reason for periods to be delayed or to be skipped. If this happens once in a while, you need not worry, but if your periods do not follow any sort of a schedule, you should see a gynecologist at once. Your body may be trying to tell you something. Here are a few of those messages that you may be missing.
- You may be too stressed out: In most cases, irregular menstrual cycles are triggered by high stress levels. Stress makes the body produce cortisol which has a direct effect on the production of estrogen and progesterone. It also interferes in the communication between the hypothalamus and the pituitary gland. This causes the hormone communication system in the body to shut down.
- You aren’t having a balanced diet: Your diet also plays an important role in your menstrual cycle. If you have gained excessive weight recently or indulge in a carb heavy diet, the hormone levels in your body will fluctuate thereby, changing your ovulation date. In order to maintain a regular menstrual cycle, a woman’s BMI should be between 17-22 percent.
- You are exercising too much: Sudden weight loss, excessive exercising and being underweight can also affect the body’s hormone levels just as being overweight affects them. Some hormones are produced only in fatty tissue and a sudden drop in fatty tissues can lower the production of these hormones leading to irregular periods. A sudden spurt of excessive exercising can also drain your body of energy leaving it with no energy to menstruate.
- You may be suffering from polycystic ovarian syndrome: Missed or late periods are often also a sign of polycystic ovarian syndrome or PCOS. Look out for other symptoms of this condition such as weight gain, dandruff or excessive hair growth to diagnose this condition. PCOS needs medical attention so it is best to get yourself diagnosed correctly by a gynecologist.
- Your medication may be interfering with your hormones: Many types of medication interfere with the body’s production of estrogen and progesterone. Even simple over the counter medication can make your periods late by a few days.
- You may be menopausal: Lastly, if you definitely aren’t pregnant and are above the age of 40, you may be turning menopausal. As a woman turns menopausal, ovulation becomes sporadic and in turn influences periods to be irregular as well.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I and my boyfriend had sex on september 14. After that the next month I got my periods even in november and december but in this month which is january. I don't get my periods is there any chances of pregnancy.
I suffer too much pain in my periods during my starting three days what should I do to get rid of my pain.
I do sex with my girlfriend and I use condom. But doubt fully I gave her unwanted 72 within half an hour. But now her period is delayed now 10 days is over. But her M. C not come. Any chance of pregnancy in my case. What I do. I am worried. Suggest me any medicine to come her M. C. Please.
I am 25 years old and I live with my husband. Nowadays I am feeling pain in lower side of vagina and in my legs too while having sex. I am done with u/c u/re and reports are normal I have a problem of uti at sometime I feel itchy when I drink less water. Please reply asap why I am feeling pain in my vagina and legs?
My wife is pregnant since around twenty weeks now. She started feeling baby movements since last four or five days. However, since last night there is no visible movement observed. Kindly tell me what to do. Her age is 32. We had two miscarriages previously the last one in 2013.
It means the absence of a menstrual period in women who earlier had regular cycles.
Anxiety about pregnancy
Extra weight loss
Eating disorders eg.anorexia nervosa
Problems related to reproductive organs
Drugs eg. Prescribed or recreational
Signs and Symptoms:
Breast tenderness or heaviness
Abdominal pain or discomfort
General feeling of weakness and fatigue
Dos and Don'ts:
Improve food habits.
Supplement food with adequate vitamins and minerals.
If stress, then discuss problems with some family member.
Do exercises or meditation for relaxation.
Consult doctor in case of hormonal changes or in case of complaints associated with reproductive organs.
Reduce intake of drugs.
Role of Homeopathy:
The role of homeopathy lies in the fact that it can bring back the lost balance in the human body when it is in a diseased state.
Homeopathic remedies act at the psycho neuro endocrinal axis. In other words it stimulates the human body which in turn will take care of the imbalance.and regularise periods..consult privately for permanent cure
DR RUSHALI ANGCHEKAR
VAIBHAVI HOMOEO CLINIC