Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pramod SabharwalYour feedback matters!
Hello sir/mam. My baby is 15 months old and doesn't want to drink plain milk. Can I use Hershey's syrup in her milk. Does it have any side affects. Thank you My second question is am 5 months pregnant and doesn't observe any movement in my tummy. Some Orthodox people use to say that if it starts moving after 5 to 6 months it may be a baby boy. Is that so? Please let me know. thanks.
My grand son is hyper active. He is 5 years old. All the time he does some thing without caring for its consequences. Please advice what do we do to change him.
Did my baby's weight has increased too much in my 30 weeks pregnancy. Can that cause discomfort in chest.
Meri little daughter ka weight 9 kg h or age 19 months h birth time inka weight 3 kg the 2 month se weight gain nhi ho RAHA hai abhi tk 8 teeth nikle h 6 upar or 2 niche teeth jb nikalte h to kamjor lagti hai please help what I can do for her.
My daughter is suffering from. Milk allergy by birth. When she will come out from this disease. Se is on total milk free diet by birth. And now a days she has some constipation problem. The IgE levels are 321 and in occult BLOOD test has absence of blood every time.
Respected Dr, we have 5 months' baby boy ,,,my wife has problem of low breastfeeding, she's providing powder prescribed as Child specialist,then shall we start boiled milk of cow...for his feeding?
I Had Cough which has gone but phlegm is still coming all the day. I am facing the same problem since last one year. 3 months ago I have taken and vaccination for influenza and taking Montellerege 10 mg in Night for one year. My Brief intro:- Stay in Nairobi, Kenya, Minor Asthama since 2004, Previously used medicines- azethromycene, Clarithromycene, Allegra, tavegyle etc. Please advice if you can suggest better medicine with how to take and how long. Please mention the salt because here medicine names are different in Kenya.
My baby is 7 mnths old.He weighted 8kg when he was 4mnths old.But nw his weight is 6.5kg. Why is it so. What is the best diet for 7 months old baby ?
The primary or milk teeth begins to erupt at about 6 months of life with the complete set in place by 2.5 years of age, and the entire set is replaced by the age of 14. The benefits of some of the preventive dental measures are outlined below.
- Maternal care during pregnancy: The teeth begin to form during the second trimester of pregnancy. It is very important that the maternal diet includes sufficient amounts of calcium, potassium, and fluoride for optimal tooth mineralization. Good tooth structure has greater resistance to decay than hypomineralized teeth.
- Routine oral hygiene: For the first 6 months, though there are no teeth, after each nursing, end it with a spoonful or two of water to wash down the milk. Gradually, the gums can be just wiped with a gauze pad or soft cotton to remove any residual bacteria. The baby also gets used to this habit, and once the teeth are in, there are lesser bacteria for the decay process to begin. Once the teeth begin to erupt, the nursing habits also need to be modified to ensure the baby is not allowed to go to sleep with a bottle. This is a common practice to put the baby to sleep and should be avoided to reduce the occurrence of nursing bottle caries.
- Fluoride application: Fluoride has been shown to have significant benefits in preventing caries. Once routine dental visits begin, then the dentist will be able to tell if fluoride needs to be applied. This can happen either in the form of a gel or varnish that is applied in the dental office or as a paste that is used at home. This helps in building resistance to decay.
- Pit and fissure sealants: The tooth has a number of pits and fissures which are 8 times more vulnerable to decay than other surfaces. Deep pits are shown to harbor more bacteria and thereby greater incidence of caries. There are sealants which are thin resins that can be applied on the tooth, which can reduce bacteria accumulation and further decay.
- Space maintainers: In the event that a child has lost a tooth, either due to trauma or decay and subsequent infection, then a space maintainer should be placed within the next 3 months. This helps in maintaining the space and establishing a good bite during the transition phase and later, once the permanent teeth are in place.
- Orthodontic treatment: If there is malocclusion, then early intervention helps by reducing treatment time and getting better results as the teeth and periodontium are still very elastic and are more malleable to movement.
By doing these preventive measures early in life, the result is a child who has healthier teeth, less decay, less pain, and a happy smile all the time! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist and ask a free question.
My son is 6 years old. He is studying in second standard, he is healthy and active .but when he study for the exams he will forgot all what he studied. please suggest .
Hi doctor. My 2 year daughter has habit of thumbsucking. Somebody suggested femite. Are these medicines safe? any safer alternative. Thanks.
My baby has completed six month. Please advice diet plan for him. N also how much quantity should be given initially.
My baby completed 11 months and his weight is 9.7 kg. Since 5 days he is passing motion like watery and paste form but only once a day. He vomited everything. We have visited local doctor he prescribed ofloxacin solution. And ORS. Vomit has stopped now but he is not eating anything except cerelac. Motion is still watery. Please suggest can I give formula and cerelac? Please help.
A nutritional disorder, the problem of rickets occurs if your child suffers from a deficiency of calcium, phosphate or Vitamin D. It causes softened and damaged bones, skeletal deformities, impaired development of the bone's growth plate (a spot of growing tissue found near the end of a long bone in adolescents and children) and stunted growth.
Here are few very simple ways you can prevent your child from getting it:
1. Having Vitamin D and calcium rich foods - One of the best ways to prevent this nutritional disorder from affecting your child is by making sure he or she have foods that are high in Vitamin D and calcium. Egg yolks, fish oil or fatty fish like salmon and mackerel are some of the Vitamin D foods that your child can have to strengthen his bones. Even foods that have Vitamin D added to it such as cereals, orange juice, milk and infant formula can also be given to your child. Sources of calcium can be soyabeans, nuts, broccoli, cabbage, cheese and yoghurt.
2. Going out in the sun - Considered to be an excellent source of Vitamin D, getting your child exposed to sunlight is another excellent way of getting most of this nutrient, as well as preventing him or her from developing rickets. Although the exposure time may vary from individual to individual, about 10-15 minutes of sun exposure without sunscreen can help.
3. Having Vitamin D supplements - Even the consumption of Vitamin D supplements can reduce your child's risk of getting rickets. Since mother's milk contains less than the recommended Vitamin D amount, infants too need to be put on Vitamin D supplements of 400 IU each day. For teenagers and young children, the recommended dosage is 600 IU of Vitamin D every day.