Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pramod SabharwalYour feedback matters!
Hello, my child who is 2 month old is prescribed calcimax p. Can I know will it gain weight in my child?
My baby won't sacking my milk I tried nipple shield also now she was finished her 9 weeks. She was nursing only few times but not every time similarly I have low milk supply. I'm really hurts when I feed her formula milk. I don't know what to do!
My baby girl is 18 months. She can't stand herself. At the time of birth she was admitted to Nicu for hyperglycemia . Her pediatrician suggested brain MRI as there may be problem with nerve and told that her legs are week. Please help us with your advice.
From last 2 months we r trying for baby. Bt no result. 6 months ago I had an abortion dat we don't want baby at dat tym now we r trying for dat. Last night I was drunk (vine) is there any chances of carrying / pregnancy? Plzzz guide me something.
I am 30 years old. Delivered baby boy in May 16, in mid June 16 was operated for breast abscess. I stopped feeding baby for 15 days post which when I tried to resume breastfeeding many times but he refused to take. Also I was given few doses if cabgolin for speedy recovery. Currently baby is on FM, wish to resume BF.
My daughter is 10yrs old, she is daily urinated in the bed, how to stop her bed wetting? Is that any problem?
I have a 18 Months baby. Doctor told that baby dose not have enough blood in the body. What can I do?
Im a mother of 2.8 years old twin girls. Can I give them a very small quantity of Dabur Chyavanprash daily and then gradually increase to one spoon. They are just 11 kgs and born premature. Very poor eating habit and has constipation problem.
My 3 year old sis is sick with a temperature of 100 Degrees she can not keep anything down including Liquids. What should I do?
Dear doctor, my daughter is 5 months old her weight is 7. 5 kgs - when she was born doctor has advised to give vitanova d3 - I seek you advice how long should it be continued? warm regards
My son 2 half years old, he is not taking solid food, always he want milk 1y, 3hours gap he want milk(we mixed with health drinks). His weight is 10 kg & height also 94cm 1y. Its correct one or not? What method i have to follow for he will taken solid food. Which type of food have to follow. Please suggest.
Early childhood is a time when the brain develops rapidly and nutrition is an important part of healthy brain development. It is important for children to eat a variety of foods that can provide them with the proper intake of carbohydrate, protein, good fats, minerals, vitamins and antioxidants. There is a very strong mind-gut connection; therefore focusing on the food you choose to complete the nutritional needs of your child can make a great difference in their brain function.
Certain foods are better for our brains than others, these brain foods may help boost a child's brain growth and even improve the memory and cognitive development.
During infancy, the amino acids and fatty acids in breast milk are ideal for optimal brain development. The brain continues to grow throughout early childhood and children who do no consume a balanced diet are at risk of developing mental retardation and behavioral problem.
10 brain foods to feed the mind and body properly:
1. Whole grains: Brain needs a consistent supply of glucose, thus foods those are high in refined sugars and carbohydrates leads to rapid fluctuation in blood glucose levels and the brain doesn't get the steady fuel supply and energy for proper functioning, therefore to nourish the most active part of body include whole-grain breads, oatmeal, roasted grains in the diet of children for regular release of glucose in body. Oats are also rich in vitamin-B, Vitamin-E, potassium and zinc.
2. Eggs: The protein and nutrients in eggs help kids concentrate because the egg yolks are packed with choline which boosts memory. Eggs are also rich in protein, which provides energy to help the brain stay alert longer.
3. Fish: Fish is a good source of vitamin D and omega-3s, which protect the brain from declining mental skills and memory loss. Salmon, tuna, and sardines are all rich in Omega-3s. The more Omega-3s we can get to the brain, the better it will function and the better kids will be able to focus.
4. Seeds: Packed with protein, essential fatty acids, vitamins and minerals. Seeds may boost mood and keep your nervous system in check. For example sunflower seed butter as they are rich in folate, vitamin E and selenium and are safe for nut-free zones.try to include seeds directly to the meals.
5. Iron is important for brain development: Preschoolers and toddlers typically eat less iron-rich foods than they did in infancy. In addition, the iron that children get is usually non-Heme iron (from plant sources,) which has lower availability than heme iron (from animal source).sources beef, nuts and dark leafy vegetable (spinach) and tofu.
6. Milk and Yoghurt: Milk and yoghurt contains healthy fats and proteins those are important for brain health. The majority of the brain is made up of fat, so it is no wonder healthy fat is important to feed the developing brain. Protein is important as it can help brain cells send and receive information effectively. Yoghurt also contains good bacteria that will help boost your child's immune system as well as aid digestion, children need higher dose of vitamin D, which is present in dairy and its products.
7. Organic Foods and leafy vegetables: These organic foods are free from pesticides and insecticides and preservatives and do not cause neurodevelopment problems in children, which will impair proper brain functioning. Green leafy vegetables are loaded with vitamin A and K; these keep inflammation at bay .e.g. Spinach, kale, lettuce.
8. Walnuts: The high level of antioxidants, vitamin and minerals in walnuts improves the cognitive health of kids and improve their mental alertness also.
9. Colorful veggies: Vegetables with a rich, deep color such as tomatoes, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, carrots, and spinach are the best sources of antioxidants that support brain health and keep brain cells strong. These foods can be given from weaning age.
10. Berries: The color of the food tells the nutritional value of it. All the berries like strawberry, cherries, blueberries and blackberries have intense color are especially rich in vitamin C and high levels of antioxidants. Blueberries have high levels of Gallic acid, which boost memory by preventing degeneration of brain cells.
So, go ahead and try to include different food group to your Child's plate for a better performance.
Problem may be in assimilation.
Homoeopatic treatment is one of best solution for that.