Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pramod SabharwalYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor. My son is completing 6 months with exclusive breastfeeding in an another week. Please suggest the best food items to start off semi solid or solid items.
Hai doctor, my baby girl is 5 months old. She is very healthy but she has some cold in this winter. She sounds like that she has more cold in her chest area. She has trouble in breathing especially at early morning and she normally breath after 11am. So can you please help me what can I do?
Can we give baby of 5 months anything else than mother feeding? Or we should continue mothers milk till 6 months can you suggest me at what month I should start giving my child juice or any other liquid cereal? Please sugest?
Last month only I had a c-section delivery can I continue having green tea while feeding baby it won't be problem for baby!
1. Avoid eating cold foods: According to Dr. Pradip shah, consultant physician, fortis hospital, mulund, a common cold and cough triggered by cold food items like ice-cream and cold drinks is a common complain of people visiting local health clinics. Although there is no scientific evidence as to how cold food items trigger and worsen coughs, patients are normally advised to avoid them altogether until they recover completely. One sensible explanation for this would be that cold beverages and foods cause a drying out of the respiratory lining making it susceptible to infections and triggering coughing due to irritation.
2. Avoid overeating at night: Having a heavy dinner at night or overeating can be a cough trigger for people suffering from gastroesophageal reflux disease (gerd). People with gerd may have poor coordination between contraction and relaxation of the sphincter muscle that prevents reflux of food to the esophagus. As a result, the stomach acid can flow back to the food pipe, causing irritation of the lining to trigger cough. So, it’s better to have an early dinner and maintain a gap of at least 2 hours between dinner and sleeping time.
3. Avoid sleeping flat on the back: Sleeping posture plays an important role in triggering coughing at night, especially if you have a productive cough. All the mucus and phlegm that gets collected throughout the day, flows up to irritate the throat when you lie down on your back. Instead, sleeping in an inclined posture, or sleeping on the sides will keep the phlegm settled and avoid bouts of coughing at night.
4. Avoid eating fried foods: Fried foods are oily in nature and oil is a well-known cough trigger. Deep-frying foods in hot oil generates a compound called acrolein, which acts as an allergen that aggravates coughing and causes throat itching. So, it’s best to avoid oily, fried foods while you have a cough.
5. Avoid smoking: Smoking is one of the causes of a cough due to bronchitis. Not only does it irritate the throat lining, but it also delays recovery and increases your risk of cancer. If you don't smoke, remember second-hand smoke is equally dangerous.
6. Avoid caffeinated beverages: Caffeine should be avoided by those who cough due to acidity and gerd. While it may provide temporary relief from a coughing bout, it actually causes the esophageal sphincter to become loose, allowing more acid to get flushed into the esophagus.
7. Avoid over-exertion: Nobody takes an off from work because of a cough, but that doesn’t mean you should exert yourself by overworking. Coughing is an indication that something is wrong with your body, so make it a point to get adequate rest to give your immune system enough time to recover.
My 4 year old Son is suffering from ITP from Dec'15. He has a plate count of around 35000. He has been on prednisolone dosage tapering from 20 mg to 2.5 mg per day till 10th Jun'16. Now he is taking only Azoran 50 mg daily. He does not have any bleeding symptoms, only some bruises.
I am 39 years old Indian, vegetarian man. My son (Born Aug. 2010), for last 2 years, has stopped eating proper meals, only drinks bottled milk (100 ml) 4-5 times a day, or want to eat snacks like chips, biscuits, namkeen, but that too very little quantity. Due to this he remains constipated (pass bowel in 3-4 days) and irritated. This is a vicious kind of cycle where he remains constipated as he not takes proper food in good quantity and on the other hand - don't want to eat because of constant bowel pressure. He doesn't take any Allopathic medicine or tonic. His height is approx 3 ft. and weight 15 Kg. He is otherwise very active child.
I am not eating food 3 times a day I only take food for 1 time that is in afternoon so will it creates any problem.
What is meant by RH factor? How do I know .my blood group A+, my Hus blood group B+ and my boy baby blood group O+. How to find Rh factor. Tel me pls doctor.
Hi doctor. My baby gal is 4 months old. I observed the area under her diaper often becomes red whenever I use diaper. As soon as I remove the diaper, it becomes normal after sometime if kept removed. Is this a sign of diaper rash? What should I do? I applied chicoo nappy cream on that area. Shall I use some powder? Me and my husband having traveling job and most of the time have to take baby with us. So can't leave baby without diapers too. Pls help.
Hi, My son is 3 yrs 7 months. He has developed the following symptoms over last 2 days: runny nose and watery eyes mild fever congestion coughing at night morning cough due to which he vomited. Is the above symptoms for common cold? What should be the treatment?
Choosing a career is a serious concern for students soon after completing 10th standard when one is required to make a choice of subjects for 11th grade. While still very young, many of us hardly know what is good for us and which field is best. For most of us, choosing a career is not a serious affair until 12th grade. However, once a student is done with 12th, he rethinks - “Did I make the right choice of subjects in class XIth?” I had always wanted to go in this field after school, but nobody guided me about subjects required for it in class XIth and XIIth. So, after completing school one feels very sad and frustrated that interest lay in A–field but wasted 2 school years doing B-Field, a totally different course of study.
Therefore, when selecting subjects in XIth, it is very necessary to have a career goal in place keeping the market in mind. In addition to this, selecting the right education institution in XIth is equally important. Eg. “I am interested in Fine Arts but my school offers only Science and Commerce.” So, the child takes one of these only and loses track of what he wants, sowing the seeds for future distress in the field thrust upon him. Unfortunately, not many students are able to discover their potentials and interests at this stage and end up making wrong choices.
In this scenario, seeking the help of an experienced and qualified career counselor becomes absolutely necessary who can assist in discovering your potential and aptitude and accordingly suggest the right course. Career counselor usually employs testing of three factors – aptitude, interest and personality. These aspects help the counselors in deciding the right career path for a student. With an increase in the number of opportunities in the market, the importance of career counseling has also increased manifold. People have begun to realize the fact that not all can become engineers or doctors and started exploring other fields depending on their talent and interest in alternate domains.
Sound guidance will depend on the qualifications, training and experience of the professional. It is always a good idea to first know about the professional expertise of the counsellor/psychologist on whom you depend for making a life-long career choice. Generally speaking, school counsellors are post-graduates with about 9 months diploma in counselling and guidance with a focus on school children. They may or may not have done M.Phil, or Ph.D to qualify as a doctor. Similarly, anybody with just a graduation degree in Psychology can self-proclaim as a Counsellor/Psychologist and offer guidance and counselling, charging much less a fees. For any professional you choose, the higher the educational qualifications, more the number of practical trainings from reputed institutes, and the greater the professional experience, more dependable will be the advice given by them.
Vocational guidance for students and adults is one of the best ways to choose the right career path. With a plethora of career choices out there, sound career counselling plays a pivotal role in ensuring that right career choices are made. This is rewarding, considering that an individual can choose the right career path as per the strengths and talents he possesses. Right counselling not only helps the person to grow in the job quickly but gives ample room to learn in his desired field.
Here is a list of some major benefits of vocational guidance and career counselling:
- Right assessment of weakness and strength: Career counselling is typically conducted by expert professionals with years of experience behind their back. They assess a candidate based on various aptitude tests. The test results rightly portray the strength and weaknesses of a candidate. This information plays a key role in determining the right career choice for a candidate. A person can ensure that he refrain from choosing a wrong career that leads to frustration and low work satisfaction.
- Right goal setting leads to better choice: A counsellor can help a candidate choose the right goal and help him to outline the process of achieving it. Furthermore, an experienced counsellor can help a candidate lay down a plan to reach the goal. A step by step blueprint of reaching the goal in a realistic manner helps a candidate to achieve his dream career faster. With right goal setting, a person can attend career success over a very short period of time.
- Explore various career choices: There are vast career choices that a person can explore that are available within the scope of a person’s expertise. A career counsellor can throw light on these choices and help a person focus on the right option. This ensures that a person saves a lot of time and energy while figuring out the best possible career choice that is out there. This is particularly true in cases where a person is trying to make a mid-career switch.
- The right guidance and support: An experienced career counsellor can guide a candidate to get hold of the right set of skills and expertise that may be required to achieve a particular career. This ensures that a candidate is adequately prepared before the big opportunity knocks on the door. Right guidance not only cut down the preparation time, it increases the chances of success as well.
- Search Support: While the job search is on, a good counsellor can help a candidate prepare in terms of resume preparation, cover letter, video introduction etc. They can also help a candidate with the right kind of networking to land that dream job.
To conclude, the crux of career counselling is to get the necessary guidance from a qualified professional that would help the student/adult in making the right choice regarding his career. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.
Sir my son is 2.5 yrs old and he doesn't speak anything only say papa very rarely, what is the problem and what should I do.
My daughter aged 10 year is suffering from slow stomach pain since last one month. Her pain starts at morning and remain for 5 to 10 mins and similarly after taking lunch and dinner for 5 to 10 min. I have done ultrasound test and it was normal. But last three days she could not able to sleep and her stomach pain going continue. Please advise me what to do?
Research shows that overweight children have a higher chances of developing chronic health problems such as hypertension, asthma, high cholesterol, and even cancer as they grow up. Apart from these health conditions, being obese can cause severe self-esteem problems as well. In short, obesity in children, more specifically childhood obesity, can affect the overall physical, mental and emotional health of your child.
Here are 5 easy ways to prevent your child from falling into the perils of obesity.
1. Develop healthy eating habits in your child
Encouraging your little ones to develop healthy eating habits is vital for maintaining optimum body weight. Instead of high sugar and high fat foods, a child’s diet should consist of fruits, vegetables and whole-grain foods (such as oats, quinoa and wheat). Proteins such as lean meats, lentils, beans and fish should be included in his/her eating plan as well. Most importantly, serving food in the right portion sizes will ensure your child is getting the right amount of nutrients, while preventing him/her from consuming empty calories. Inculcate these eating habits in them right from the time they are toddlers so that it stays with them as they get older.
2. Make your child avoid calorie-rich foods
Getting your child to avoid fatty, sugary and salty foods can also prevent him from tipping over the weighing scale. Present before your child low sugar and low fat alternatives that he/she would enjoy eating such as apples, bananas, carrots, etc.
3. Encourage your child to pursue physical activity
Try to encourage your child to engage in some form of physical activity for about 60 minutes every day. From brisk walking, swimming, dancing to skipping - your child could opt for any of these physical activities. Having your child lead an active life can see him/her enjoying a number of health benefits like respite from stress, strengthening of his/her bones and muscles and decrease in blood pressure, to name a few.
4. Put a limit on your child’s TV time
When it comes to the time that your child may spend before the TV, computer or other gizmos, it should be not more than 2 hours a day. Instead, devise fun activities wherein your child as well other members of the family can take part in or ones in which your child does not need a company.
5. Ensure your child gets enough sleep
Lastly, a good night’s rest that lasts about 9-12 hours is vital for optimal weight maintenance. Studies reveal that children who slept for fewer hours were more at risk of being obese. This is because less sleep causes fatigue, leading to a decrease in physical activity and therefore, use of energy.
My baby is 39 days old, when he feeds some amount of milk comes from his nose after some time once in a day and the milk is plan not in a curd shape. So may I know the reason why?
My daughter is 12 years old. She is an achondroplasia child having ARRESTED hydrocephalus from almost 5 years. She is suffering from stomach ache and vomiting from last 20 days and severe head reeling from last 7 days. On admitting at the nursing home on 8th jan, she was given with antibiotics, anti vomiting, antacid and mannitol. The doctors there were expecting it to be increased pressure ICT and asked for VP shunt or consulting neurosurgeon. On consulting to a senior neurosurgeon, he examined the eye movement, hand movement, touching nose, leg touching movements and rejected vp shunt procedure as it is an attested case of hydrocarbons as per comparison of 4 CT scan reports over last 5 years. Presently she is having severe and continued head reeling and occasional vomiting. Need proper guidance as shunt or etv is not a permanent solution.
Benefits of green coffee beans for health:
1. Rich in anti-oxidants:
Green coffee beans are rich in antioxidants, which reduce the damaging effects of free radicals in our body and take care of our overall health. A number of studies have confirmed that raw and unprocessed green coffee beans possess 100% pure chlorogenic acid (cga), which is basically an ester of caffeic acid having strong antioxidant properties. It can put a check on the levels of glucose in our bloodstream and prevent our skin cells from getting dented.
2. Boosts metabolism:
The chlorogenic acid present in green coffee beans is also known as a metabolism booster. It increases the basal metabolic rate (bmr) of our body to a great extent, which minimizes excessive release of glucose from the liver into blood. Due to the lack of glucose, our body starts burning the stored fat cells in order to fulfill its glucose requirement. Thus, pure green coffee beans raise our fat burning capability and eventually help us shed off excess weight.
3. Helps burn extra fat:
These beans also contain large amount of kelp. It is a certain type of seaweed loaded with essential vitamins and minerals. Therefore, it helps in maintaining the levels of nutrients in our body. In unison, it perks up the burning metabolism of our body so that we can burn out unwanted fat and calories fast.
4. Suppresses appetite:
If you are suffering from frequent hunger pangs, green coffee beans can help you very much. Being a strong and effective appetite suppressant, it can control our cravings for food and averts us from overeating. So, our body starts burning the fat deposits and we get rid of additional weight.
5. Treatment of diabetes:
These green beans are also capable of treating type 2 diabetes successfully. Their extract is known to lower high levels of sugar in our bloodstream, while accelerating weight loss. Both of these are essential for curing diabetes mellitus type 2.
6. Reduces levels of bad cholesterol:
Our cholesterol levels can be checked considerably with green coffee beans. Low-density lipoprotein (ldl), also known as ‘bad cholesterol’, is the main culprit that makes us vulnerable to deadly cardiovascular disorders including cardiac arrest. Studies have shown that it can be prevented by consuming green coffee bean extract regularly.
7. Helps improving blood circulation:
High blood pressure can lead us to several fatal diseases like stroke, heart failure, chronic renal failure, etc. But researchers have found the presence of a very active and powerful aspirin-like ingredient in green coffee beans that imposes a positive impact on our blood vessels by preventing platelets from getting clustered. As a result, our arteries don’t get hardened and the circulation of blood throughout our body is improved to a great extent.
8. Used for natural detoxification:
Green coffee bean extract is a natural detox. It cleanses our liver to make it free from toxins, bad cholesterols, unnecessary fats, and so on. As the liver is detoxified, its functions improve a lot which eventually perks up our metabolism and improves our overall health.
9. Boosts energy:
Due to the presence of high amount of caffeine, green coffee beans can be used as excellent energy booster. They can raise our energy level and keep us active during the whole day.
10. Reduces effect of free radicals:
Chlorogenic acid present in green coffee beans can reduce the effects of free radicals in our body up to 10 times than regular green tea. As the beans are not roasted, there are some other antioxidative agents from the polyphenol family, ferulic acid, etc, which decelerate the ageing procedure and give us youthful skin.
11. Enhances immune system:
These coffee beans are highly effective in enhancing our immune system. Due to the occurrence of potent free-radical busters, they can help our body eliminate all types of toxic and damaging elements. Consequently, we can get rid of dull and acne-prone skin.
12. Helps slowing down the appearance of signs of ageing:
Green coffee beans are also known to retain high levels of volatile materials as they do not need to undergo the roasting procedure. Gamma-aminobutyric acid (gaba), theophylline, epigallocatechin gallate, etc. Are some of such ingredients that can help us maintain our skin health and avert the appearance of wrinkles.
13. Helps moisturize skin:
Apart from the antioxidant agents, green coffee beans are also rich in fatty acids and esters including arahidic acid, linoleic acid and oleic acid, which nourishes and moisturizes our skin to stop sagging, discoloration and other severe damages.
14. Removes substances that damage hair:
Antioxidant content of green coffee beans is equally beneficial for our hair. As it helps us fight against everything toxic and damaging, our hair remains strong, healthy and beautiful.
15. Fights baldness:
Androgenetic alopecia, also called ‘female pattern hair loss’ can also be cured with green coffee beans. The extract of these beans can boost the growth as well as thickness of our hair strands significantly.
If you have been diagnosed with asthma, it is important for you to know about the most common triggers of asthma. Asthma is a medical condition, which is characterised by paroxysmal wheezing respiration dyspnoea. It causes breathing difficulties, tightened chest and coughing. By identifying and reducing your exposure to several asthma triggers, you will be able to manage or control your asthma symptoms and the frequency of your asthma attacks. Here are the most common triggers of asthma you should know about:
Allergies that trigger asthma
Allergies, are common problems and over 80% of people are suffering from asthma and are allergic towards substances like weed pollens, animal dander, dust mites, mould and cockroach particles. Children having large amounts of cockroach droppings in their homes are more likely to develop childhood asthma. Dust exposure may lead to dust mite allergy in asthmatic patients.
Food which triggers asthma
Certain food allergies may lead to isolated asthma, where other symptoms are absent. Patients with food allergies can exhibit asthma as a part of anaphylaxis, which are food induced. The common food items which are associated with allergies include eggs, peanuts, cow milk, soy, fish, wheat, shrimps, salads and fresh fruits. Several food preservatives also trigger asthma. They may include sulfite additives such as potassium bisulfite, potassium metabisulfite, sodium sulfite, sodium bisulfate and many others. These are commonly used in food processing and trigger asthma in sensitive people.
Asthma induced by exercise
Strenuous exercise may lead to the narrowing of the airways in maximum people having asthma. Exercise acts as a primary trigger for asthma symptoms in many people. Patients having exercise induced asthma are likely to feel chest tightness accompanied by coughing and breathing difficulties after completing an aerobic workout session. Although the symptoms subside, they may reoccur within some hours. You should warm up properly and slowly before a rigorous workout session to prevent an asthma attack.
People who smoke are more likely to have asthma. If you have asthma and still smoke, the symptoms of wheezing and coughing worsen. Pregnant women who smoke increase the chance of wheezing in their to-be-born babies. You should absolutely quit smoking if you have asthma.
Infections which trigger asthma
Several infections such as cold, bronchitis, flu and sinus may cause asthma attacks. The respiratory infections, which are viral or bacterial, are a common cause and trigger asthma, especially in children. Asthma is also associated with severe heartburn. According to studies, more than 85% people with asthma also suffer from heartburn. This is a condition known as gastroesophageal reflux disease or GERD. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.