Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pramod Kumar Sharma
Submit a review for Dr. Pramod Kumar SharmaYour feedback matters!
I am 26 years old but my breast size it not proper. When I attained puberty I founded a ball kind of thing in my right breast but with time it disappeared. But till now the size has not grown properly. Can you suggest me some remedy?
I have ceast in my prostate gland. Is it dangerous? The size has increased from. 65 to. 85 within 6 months. So is it serious?
I am taking flodart .4 mg. For last 20 days For enlarged prostrate. I recently passed urine followed by a substantial amount of blood. Can this be because of the drug.
Discharge from nipple (galactorrhoea)
Secretion of milk-like discharge from one or both breasts unrelated to childbirth is called galactorrhea. Nipple discharge is most often due to a benign process. This common breast problem has been reported in 10 to 15 percent of women with benign breast disease and in 2.5 to 3 percent of women with breast cancer. There are generally two different types of nipple discharge
Occurs when the breast is manually squeezed, can happen to any woman and is usually not concerning.
Which spots on the clothing, should be evaluated by a physician and may warrant further testing.
Characterized by discharge only with compression and by multiple duct involvement. These discharges are frequently bilateral. With either type, the discharge fluid may be clear, yellow, white or dark green.
Spontaneous, bloody or associated with a mass. These discharges are usually unilateral.
- excessive production of milk-stimulating hormone prolactin by pituitary problems, malfunction of hypothalamus.
- menstrual problem such as amenorrhea problems with cervical part of spine.
- drugs such as oral contraceptives, tranquillizers, and diuretics.
- breast cancer
- athletes may experience small amounts of galactorrhea from constant rubbing of the nipples against clothing. Frequent sexual stimulation of the breasts may have similar effects.
- milky discharge: may be due to physiological (lactation); oral contraceptives; galactorrhea
- bloody discharge: may be due to intraductal papiloma; intraductal cancer; malignancy; duct ectasia; fibrocystic disease.
- purulent discharge: may be due to infection
- serous or sticky discharge: fibrocystic disease
- discharge from the surface of breast is seen in paget’s disease;
- stimulation of the nipple (i. E, squeezing to check for discharge) actually promotes discharge; patients with a physiologic discharge should avoid checking for discharge. A physiologic discharge often resolves when the nipple is left alone.
- all patients with spontaneous or unilateral nipple discharge needs surgical evaluation. This is true for patients with bloody discharges and for those with clear or serous discharges.
Homeopathic symptoms and cure
Homeopathic remedies are prescribed on the basis of symptoms rather than conditions, as each case of a particular illness can manifest differently in different people. There are many symptoms which can be effectively treated by homeopathy few symptoms are given below.
. Nipples sore and fissured, intense suffering on putting child to breast, pain starts from nipple and radiates all over body. Breast feels like a brick, lumpy and nodular.
. Premenstrual breast congestion in women with abundant periods, weight gain and nervousness before the period.
. Cyst in the breast, hard and painful but, itchy, with stitching pains in the nipple. Discomfort worse just before and after the period; woman wants to press breasts hard with hand.
. Bluish-red lumps in the breast, with gradual loss of fatty tissue, and tendency to feel hot all the time.
. Intensely sensitive nipples, sticking pains, like a splinter, cracks, nipples discolored.
. Nipples inflamed and very tender, can hardly bear the pain of nursing, intolerant of pain: “cannot bear it!” very irritable.
. Sore nipples with dry hard deep cracks on it. Dry itching and crusty.
. Cheesy and offensive discharge from nipple.
. Deep sore cracks across crown of nipple.
For proper diagnose consult a homeopath. Start treatment to get rid of these problems.breast pain
My mother is suffering from tumor in her stomach. So is it important to operate it. Or medicine can work on it. please help.
Sir it is true that luteolin that present in carrots is more powerful than tamoxifen to control Harmon receptors in breast cancer?
In my father biopsy report, they mentioned like features are suggestive of signet ring cell carcinoma. I want what it is?
Breast cancer is a type of a cancerous infection that develops in the skin cells of the breast. This condition is more commonly diagnosed after you have skin cancer and is more common in women than men. There are certain signs to identify this disease, which are as follows.
1. Breast lumps - Lumps are patches of skin that occur due to the thickening and swelling of the skin. Breast lumps is a very common phenomenon for women but that does not always lead to a breast cancer; however, frequent and reoccurring instances of the same increases the risk of breast cancer. A breast lump is easily identifiable through the naked eye as it looks different from the surrounding tissues.
2. Blood discharges - The nipple is one of the most sensitive areas in the human body. In case of women, it is meant to emit milk during pregnancy, in order to feed the infant externally. A probable symptom of breast cancer can also be a frequent discharge of blood from the nipple without any visible damage or injury.
3. Breast changes - If you are experiencing any visible changes in the size, appearance or shape of the breast, then it is an indicative sign that you may have breast cancer. Thus, it is of paramount importance that you observe, touch and physically examine your breast regularly for changes. If there is any major change detected then it is advisable to consult a doctor.
4. Inverted nipple - The tip of the nipple is generally bulging and pointing outwards both in cases of men and women. But sometimes the tip of the nipple is pushed inside due to excessive suction caused by the skin tissues present inside the breast around the nipple area. This suction forces the nipple to grow inwards which is abnormal and might harm the breast and skin in various ways.
However, apart from these main symptoms, some other signs are also there that increase your chances of being diagnosed with breast cancer. They are redness or pitting of the skin over your breast like an orange, peeling or scaling of the pigmented area around the nipple, dimpling of the skin on the breasts, and such others.