Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pramey MehtaYour feedback matters!
I have less breast milk I took tablets lactate and galaxy granules but not yet satisfying my 3 months baby please help me to increase breast milk.
My son of 8 years old is not ready to write any thing or the exam and also he does not want to write. He is ready to read but not write. At home in the mothers presence he does the home work. From past 6 months he has got a habit to take any material book, box or his palm and call up to some one as a mobile. Please I am really very much worried. Give me some solution.
Hello Doctor, I m very concerned about my 1 and a half month baby's weight. He weighs 4.2kg now. His birth weight was 3.25kg. How much weight 1 and a half months baby should weigh? I m really pissed off by my relatives who come and say your baby is underweight, your breastmilk is not sufficient . Please help!
My sister's daughter is 9 years aged. Is very fine in health. But has an awkward problem of urinating on bed in night or whenever she is sleeping. Its quite embarrassing situation for both mother and daughter. We tried all home tricks (less water intake after dinner) etc but she is not able to hold her urine in sleep Please help. She is healthy by life style but eats very slow.
My 9 month baby girl is only 6.3 kg wight. She was the same in 6th month. Afterthat there is wt gain. I am diabetic and feeding mothers feed. How could she gain weight.
I have 3 month baby, he doesn't sleep properly at night. I am preparing for competitive xams and for that I have to study at night but the baby doesn't allows me to concentrate fully even for 2-3 hrs. Is there any way I can make him sleep strongly for 2-3 hours so I can study by that time.
I am 30 years old. I am having a baby of age 2 months old. I am breastfeeding her. But I am having a doubt that is my milk enough for my baby. How can I know that my milk is enough for my baby. Please suggest me the foods to be taken by me to increase breast milk.
Yes I try to give her solid food. But she spits it out. I can't give a big mouth rice. 4 to 6 grains of rice that's all she chew. More quantities if I give her she spit it out. She doesn't want to eat bread, cheeses curd and many more things if I give her. Even banana I have to fed her. If I ask her to hold the banana she will. Never do that. What should i do for her?
I have a 5 month baby and she is suffering from loose motions (6-7) times a day. I got her stool tested in lab and result of reducing substance is weakly positive. The doctor advised that mother feed is having lactose content. please suggest me.
My cousin is 7 years old. She keeps on scratching her urinary area in a cloth only at night till sleeping (for past 2-3 years). Why is the child doing like that? What is the reason? Does she have any infection? We have used dettole but still no use.
I have 23 month old child he catch two much cold and running nose and he is lethargic. I want to carry on with Ayurvedic medicine pls help me out. The problem is he gets running cold every 15 days we give him regularly tulsi water but still problem come again and again.
I HAVE 12 DAY NEW BORN BABY BOY. SUFFERING FROM a rash – especially hives, ANUS AND NEARBY AREAS. CRYING CONTINUOUSLY TROUBLE IN SLEEPING PLEASE HELP.
My 3 years and 6 month old son is not interested in any food at all. He loves to play, sing, dance, or just jump at all times, but we have to really try hard to gave him one time meal in a day. He likes lots of food items but after one or 2 bites he stops and says no to most of food item. Then there comes one day of the week or 2 weeks, when he will eat properly - all 3 meals, fruits, ice cream or chocolate to our surprise. Should we put him under some light medication? is it normal or related to some stomach problem?
Hi, my daughter s 19 months old, and her anterior fontanelle has not yet closed. I am much worried about it. Should I have to wait more or get treated for any deficiencies?
The tooth is made of 3 layers, each with unique characteristics and specific function, the enamel, dentin, and pulp. The enamel is the outermost layer of the tooth and gives the tooth it's hard and lustrous appearance. The enamel is thicker on the crown than the root and is the first one to be affected by tooth decay. The only symptom when the enamel is decayed is food lodgment and discoloration.
The dentin is the next layer, which is composed of minute fine tubules leading from the enamel to the living portion of the tooth, which is the pulp. Once decay progresses from the enamel, the dentin is affected, and this leads to sensitivity in the teeth. When the root portion is exposed to the oral environment, because the root is covered by a more delicate substance called cementum, more severe dental sensitivity ensues.
There is a sharp, shooting discomfort through the tooth to specific foods, such as sweet, acidic, or hot or cold foods. The main reasons for tooth sensitivity include:
- Tooth decay, both crown and root caries
- Periodontal disease and gum recession
- Tooth erosion
- Aggressive tooth brushing
- Mouth breathing
- Bruxism or night grinding
However, there are some simple ways to manage sensitivity, which can be done regularly at home.
- Toothpaste made for sensitive teeth: Potassium nitrate has been shown to block the tubules and has been included as an active ingredient in toothpastes. These are very effective, and if you are brushing twice, this can be used instead of the regular paste once.
- Brushing: Both the type of toothbrush and the brushing technique can have an impact on sensitivity. Change to softer brushes and learn the ideal way to brush your teeth. A lot of times, rough brushing can lead to erosion and subsequent sensitivity
- Rinsing: Fluoride containing rinses have been proven to reduce sensitivity
- Food habits: Even before sensitivity sets in, being cautious to avoid acidic fruits and juices can help prolong the onset of sensitivity. If possible, consuming these food stuffs should be followed by brushing or at the least a thorough rinsing
- Sealants: If a person is prone to caries (deep pits and fissures, for instance), then it is advisable to get sealants applied on the teeth. This can reduce the instance of wearing of the enamel which then leads to sensitivity
- Mouth guard: If you are a night grinder, then a mouth guard can help curtail this habit and thereby reduce sensitivity.
There you go with how to reduce sensitivity. Try these simple, easy measures and go on to enjoy the sweets or hot or cold foods that you have always craved for.
I have a problem in chest allergy. There is some noise in cold like as a vessel. I take many allopathy medicine. Now take medicine from arogeoum centre. Please advise.
Hi My son 3 years old. We consult doctor for his eye swelling issue from last 3 days. After urine test we found pus cell 5-6 hpf and Epithelial cell 2-3 hpf. I want to know is it any major issue with kidney or it is not critical. Now Medicine Ascoril Ls given by doctor.
Hello, meri beginners 10 months ki h but milk k alawa much nhi khati h, kuch b khilate h to vomet Keri hain, cerelc b Bhutan patla banana kr khilana padta hain, think kuch b nhi khati, koi fruit b nhi khati like banana, sabzi b nhi khati, cerelc b Kai bar vomet kr deti hai.
My baby is 18 months old, she has low tone muscles in her body her head is control 5 min. And fell very slowly after 5 mins, she can lift her hand when she lying on bed, but when she sit on chair she never lift her hand. She lift her leg when I tie leg with ribbon. But her brain is normal she recognize her mum and dad and call her .her physiotherapy is going 3 days in weekly. But give some trips how to improve tone.
Down Syndrome is a genetic disorder resulting from chromosomal aberration. Usually, a person is born with 23 pairs of chromosomes (46 chromosomes in total). In the case of a Down Syndrome, there is a total of 47 chromosomes (an extra complete or partial chromosome appearing in the 21st pair). This extra chromosome is the main wrecker in chief that triggers the behavioral and developmental alterations characteristic of Down Syndrome.
Depending on the distribution of the chromosome during cell division, Down Syndrome may be triggered by three conditions
- Trisomy 21: One of the most common causes of Down Syndrome, Trisomy 21 is characterized by the presence of an extra chromosome in chromosome 21.
- Translocation Down syndrome: As the name suggests, here a part of the chromosome 21 translocates itself to some other chromosome. There will be no trisomy on chromosome 21. However, there will be extra genetic material resulting from the chromosome containing the translocated portion of chromosome 21.
- Mosaic Down Syndrome: This is a rare condition where some cells will have 46 chromosomes (23 pairs) while few others will have 47 chromosomes (trisomy 21).
Symptoms characteristic of Down Syndrome
Some of the symptoms synonymous to Down Syndrome include
- The face appears flattened with a short mouth and a protruding tongue.
- The ears, neck, arms, and legs are shorter than usual.
- Children and adults with Down Syndrome usually have a short stature.
- The muscles also lack proper tone.
- Children with Down Syndrome are often found to have impaired cognitive ability. The condition also affects the memory, both short, as well as long-term.
Managing a child with Down Syndrome
No parent would ever want their child to suffer from Down Syndrome. Along with the medications and therapies, as a parent, you should also be prepared to manage the situation well.
- The situation is by no means easy for you, but if you get weak or panic, things will only go from bad to worse. Thus, you need to be strong.
- Be in constant touch with the attending physician to know the progress of your child.
- If your child is still very young, get them enrolled in the special enhancement programs. These programs play a significant role in improving the language, motor movements, as well as developing the various self-help skills in the Down Syndrome children.
- Connect with families dealing with identical situations. Discussing your problems with them or learning about theirs can help in better management.
- Your concern for the child is understood but do not snatch their independence. Give them the freedom they deserve. They might make mistakes, but it will help build their confidence.
- If the situation demands, get your child admitted to schools which are specially designed for such children.
- Do not keep your child confined within the four walls of the home. Take them outside. Let them interact with people. Indulge in family outings and get-togethers.
- The situation may be difficult but not impossible. Have faith and do what is in your hands.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!