Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Prakash Vir TyagiYour feedback matters!
Sir, my daughter aged 5, taking Dr. Mercola multivitamin for children, which contains 2000 iu of vitamin d3, is it safe for my daughter, as she is india, Dr. Mercola says it is safe, please guide me. Thanks.
Dear doctors please give me some suggestion about my son yesterday my son was born in hospital but he don't take milk I do my best but nothing is working.
Iron is an essential nutrient and mineral that is required by adults and children alike. Iron helps move oxygen from the lungs to the rest of the body and helps muscles store and use oxygen. It is especially important for children because it aids development and prevents anaemia. Untreated iron deficiency in children can cause physical and mental delays. It can lead to less healthy red blood cells in the child's blood stream which will cause a delay in the growth of physical and mental faculties.
Risk factors for iron deficiency in children
Infants and children at highest risk of iron deficiency include:
- Babies who are born prematurely or have a low birth weight
- Babies who drink cow's milk before age 1
- Breast-fed babies who aren't given complementary foods containing iron after age 6 months
- Babies who drink formula that isn't fortified with iron
- Children ages 1 to 5 who drink more than 24 ounces (710 milliliters) of cow's milk, goat's milk or soy milk a day
- Children suffering from, Malabsorption, Chronic diarrhoea, thyroid disorders and Celiac Disease.
- Children ages 1 to 5 who have been exposed to lead
- Adolescent girls also are at higher risk of iron deficiency because their bodies lose iron during menstruation.
Symptoms of iron deficiency anaemia
The signs and symptoms of iron deficiency anaemia in children may include:
- Pale skin
- Fatigue or weakness
- Slow cognitive and social development
- Difficulty maintaining body temperature
- Increased likelihood of infections
- Unusual cravings for non-nutritive substances, such as ice, dirt or pure starch
Prevent iron deficiency in children
Take steps to prevent iron deficiency in your child by paying attention to his or her diet. For example:
- Encourage a balanced diet. When you begin serving your baby solids, typically between ages 4 months and 6 months, feed him or her foods with added iron, such as iron-fortified baby cereal. For older children, good sources of iron include red meat, chicken, fish, beans and dark green leafy vegetables. Between ages 1 and 5, don't allow your child to drink more than 24 ounces (710 milliliters) of milk a day.
- Enhance absorption. Vitamin C helps promote the absorption of dietary iron. You can help your child absorb iron by offering foods rich in vitamin C, such as melon, strawberries, kiwi, broccoli, tomatoes and potatoes.
- Deworming: The power to kill parasites. With such tablets, we can eliminate worms in children and stop parasites from absorbing the critical nutrients a child needs to develop.
- Consider iron supplements. If your baby was born prematurely or with a low birth weight or you're breast-feeding a baby older than 4 months and he or she isn't eating two or more servings a day of iron-rich foods, talk to your child's doctor about oral iron supplements.
Don't take pallor lightly. Consult the doctor.
Make sure that you watch out for the tell tale signs of iron deficiency and take the necessary precautions to avoid the same. If you wish to discuss about any specific child related problem, you can consult a specialized pediatrician.
My daughter 5 year old having stomach pain in every morning can you suggest please what can be a cause for the same and remedy.
My son was born on 30.7.17, 4 weeks before time as his mother was suffering from high blood pressure (170/100) and the baby was not getting proper nutrition. A USG revealed that the baby had Asymmetric IUGR. It was said in the Discharge Summary that there was no apparent anomaly. Doctors say that the food pipe and respiratory pipes are quite narrow compared to what it should be. We observe the following: 1. There seems to be a sort of congestion/choking sensation at times although the chest is clear 2. Even though he is regularly burped after feeding, he burps a number of times as soon as he wakes up and brings out saliva or something watery from his mouth at times 3. Twice it was seen that his limbs were frozen stiff as if he was having a convulsion but recovered on his own soon afterwards My query: Are these sort of normal? If not, what should be done?
My baby boy is 6 week old. . . He is suffering from running nose and cough. . . please guide Does sinarest af drops for running nose and mucolite for cough will help?
I am a new born baby mother 22 days of my baby son n I have done post cizor recently but I unable to breast feeding to my baby becoz I can not properly sit I can not feed him now wht 2 do.
How to effectively handle work related stress
The statistics on stress at workplace are staggering with half of respondents in studies reporting that they face higher than normal stress levels at work. Stress is a silent killer and can lead to serious health issues like stroke and heart attack. Stress at the workplace could be due to excessive workloads, unclear responsibilities, lack of control, unrealistic deadlines and noisy work environment.
While it is a good thing to be competitive and excel in whatever you are doing, it is also very important to learn to tackle stress and take life easy. Remember, we live only once! here are some simple and effective ways to handle workplace stress:
1. Seek support at work
Research has shown that having one good friend at work reduces the chances of quitting. Sharing your thoughts with another person not only reduces the stress levels but also might lead to discovering new ways to handle tough situations. Take proactive steps to be more friendly and sociable at work.
2. Manage work better
Try prioritizing better and not expecting perfection in every task. In case your role is over-loaded, try talking to your manager to reduce the load or if possible, delegate some work. Accept that you have certain limits to your productivity and do not try to prove yourself by over-working.
3. Get moving
It is a proven fact that exercises in any form reduces stress levels. Try to exercise for half an hour daily in the form walking, swimming, playing a sport or running. You can take short walking breaks at work that can add up to half an hour in a day.
Reduce weight with weight management products &gt;&gt;
4. Try breathing exercises
Breathing deeply for four counts on inhale and exhale can reduce stress levels immediately. You can try alternating breathing exercise i. E. Long inhale with one nostril and exhaling with the other nostril, which brings focus and energy in the morning before starting work.
5. Take a power nap
10 minutes of shut eye goes a long way in recharging your tired brain. Any longer than 15 minutes will end up making you groggy. Just put your head down on the desk, and clear your mind of all thoughts for 10 minutes.
6. Eat right
Food has a big role to play in determining our stress levels. Avoid processed food, sugar and high amount of refined carbs like flour, white rice etc. Maintaining your blood glucose levels by eating more complex carbohydrates that are slowly digested like ragi, jowar, bajra gives you steady energy levels throughout the day.
Take care of your sugar, liver, skin &amp; more with ayurvedic products
7. Get enough sleep
Over-worked employees often cut back on sleep and try to squeeze in work at night. Over the long term, this practice can severely impact your health and leads to more stress. A restful night's sleep of at least 6 hours is mandatory for all adults. Lack of sleep causes irritability and diminished ability to deal with stress. Avoid looking at laptop, tv or phone screens when you are trying to fall asleep.
You have to take charge of your own work-life balance and draw the line where you feel uncomfortable since no one will do it for you. Over-working might give benefits in the short term in terms of recognition and promotion, but it causes emotional, mental and physical burnout in the long term. Stay healthy, stay happy.