Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prakash
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PrakashYour feedback matters!
I am effected with ulcer on my lower lip. Its paining. Can you please prescribe me any tablet or any ointment for instant relief?
I get mouth ulcers oftenly I tried many B complex tablets but I could not get rid of if so what shall I do.
Mere peeche ke teeth kamjor ho gaye hai. Left side ke upar ke hisse ke ek teeth nikalwa chuka hoon. Right side ke uper ka teeth bhi damage ho raha hai. Kya teeth ko repair karwa sakta hoon. Left side me dusra teeth lagana chahta hoon. Sahi upay bataiye?
You are in the middle of a hot summer afternoon and decide to have some ice to cool off. Suddenly you hear a crackle and something comes into your mouth that doesn't quite taste like ice. oops! That's a part of your broken teeth! Although your first instinct is to panic, don't worry as there are a lot of things dentists can do these days to fix chipped teeth.
A tooth may chip off for some other reasons too. Decay being one of the main culprits, it erodes the top enamel leaving the tooth exposed to decay. Taking an unsightly fall or getting your teeth broken in a fight are some of the other reasons why your teeth may break o partially chip off. Here are some things you can do:
- Take care of you chipped tooth: The first thing to do when you realize that you have a chipped tooth is to see a dentist. If you are unfortunately suffering from this problem on a weekend when a dentist near you isn't accessible, keep the jagged edge of the broken tooth covered with a sugarless chewing gum or paraffin. If you get hungry, opt for a liquid diet or soft solids that don't require chewing.
- Treatment: Filling or bonding that is if you've chipped a visible tooth in your frontline, your dentist will use a tooth coloured composite resin for a 'bonding' procedure. If it is one of your inside teeth, your dentist may try a simple 'filling' to fix things up. Bonding is pretty much 'gluing' bits of your artificial teeth on. The dentist clears up the surface to place the adhesive and sticks the bonding material and then hardens it into shape with ultraviolet light.
- Adding a crown or dental cap: This procedure is used when a larger piece of tooth chips off, it happens mainly due to decay. The dentist will chip off the edges from your broken teeth and cover it with a crown or cap to protect the tooth from further damage. The cap also acts as a cosmetic fixture not making anyone realize that it is different from your real teeth.
Patients are generally given a choice on the material for the cap, which they can choose based on cost and cosmetics. A metal cap is the strongest, but can make you look like a villain from yesteryears, which has an evil glint in every smile. The other common options are porcelain fused to metal, all ceramic or all resin. This procedure will require more than one visit for x-rays, taking an impression of the tooth, trial for your crown and finally fixing it.
Excessive intake of starch and sugar oriented foods lead to tooth decay and this dental condition is often associated with other serious symptoms like dental pain, gum swelling and others. Deficiency of a few minerals, especially magnesium, calcium, phosphorus and vitamin-D also causes this kind of dental condition.
If you want to get instant relief from unwanted symptoms, then you should rely on medicines, but normal medicines will not do any good; rather you should take only homeopathic medicines. Innumerable homeopathic medicines have been currently invented by the experienced researchers that can efficiently deal with all kinds of dental troubles or issues.
Main homeopathic medicines used for treating tooth decay: Your smile can be now well preserved and protected in the long run by using different kinds of useful homeopathic medicines. You should use these medicines only after they have been prescribed by the homeopathic practitioner. Some of the most prominent options in this regard are as follows:
- Belladonna: If you are having a severe toothache due to tooth decay and are looking for an instant solution, then nothing can be a better option than this medicine. Apart from removing the dental inflammation, it is also very much helpful in maintaining dental pulp condition. On the other hand, nervous excitability can also be efficiently controlled by taking Belladonna.
- Chamomilla: This is also quite a popular homeopathic medicine, which is prescribed by maximum homeopathic experts for dealing with different kinds of acute dental conditions. Dental sensitiveness can be completely reduced, and necessary warmth can be catered by this medicine so that your ears do not get hurt due to dental pain. This is very much effective, especially during emergency dental conditions when the pains are simply getting unbearable.
- Mercurius: Pulsating toothaches due to broken or decayed tooth can be now controlled only by this medicine. Sometimes, doctors prescribe many other medicines along with this drug in order to handle the dental troubles in a proper manner. Sometimes, painful ulcerations can also be prevented by using the concerned medicine. Now, night-time dental emergencies can be well-treated with this remedy.
- Arnica: This is one of the commonest recedes and this homeopathic medicine is now available in almost every house so that any kind of dental troubles, especially severe pains due to tooth decay can be prevented. In fact, this is the safest option of all.
Overall, one can say that homeopathy provides the best remedy to toothaches that too without any side effects.