Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Prakash ChandYour feedback matters!
I have done angiogram due to pain in my heart which was continuous. After angio doctor says I have a bridge in lad about 15 mm due to which I am getting pain. Now I am taking angizem 90 dp and corolan in the morning and night respectively. My pain did not come down even after 1 month and increasing instead of reduction. What should I do is there a remedy?
Although egg is considered one of the most nutritious foods, people with high cholesterol avoid its consumption as they believe that eggs may increase cholesterol and risk heart diseases.
Is there a link between egg yolk and cholesterol?
Egg yolk is rich in dietary cholesterol. One large egg contains 185 milligrams of cholesterol. People with normal cholesterol levels require about 300 milligrams of dietary cholesterol and people with high cholesterol need 200 milligrams of dietary cholesterol from food.
Dietary cholesterol has the minimum impact on blood cholesterol as compared to saturated and trans fats which contain bad cholesterol. Hence dietary cholesterol present in egg yolk has minimal or no effects on increasing your cholesterol levels.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
I am gastritis and sugar patient and also left hand back pain heart pain. Last day angiography done nothing comes no blockage. But acid in stomach still today and also gas and heartburn. Please give answers gastroenterologist. Now further what to do if endoscopy ?or? 2 times endoscopy done nothing comes on.
Sir/mam my father has chest pain from last 2month we check it there is no T. B. Show in any reports. Sans b bht jaldi ful jata hai.
I am 35 years old man & suffering from diabetes since 2 years and hypertension since 4 years and taking Glador M2 before half an hour of morning meals for Diabetes and Trilosar 6.25, Duzela 20, Inderal 20 just after the morning meal for BP etc. I have a query related to my Diabetes. I experience this thing many times that my PP reading after morning meal meets 250 and then after next 2 hours the sugar is 140. Why it was so high after 2 hours of meal and why it was under control after next 2 hours of PP reading. Kindly give me some guidance regarding it. Also tell me some medicine and diet management regarding it. I will be very thankful to you. Regards.
I am suffering from common cold, dry cough and behind my right chest paining alot I am n't able to turn my head completely nor bend my body. At today evening I went to clinic and I took sinex and ninja gel. Please suggest me fast what to do my pain is not under control.
Is it correct that cow milk has higher cholesterol than buffalo milk, as reported by you today, though it has lower fat, density, protein ?
My mother takes 1000 mg fish oil everyday Of EPA 180 mg and DHA120 mg for healthy heart functioning and joint support. She is also a type 2 diabetes patient. Will there be any side effects of using fish oil long term?
Hello Dr. My triglyceride level is 160 and cholesterol level is 100. Lab owner told me that you have low cholesterol. I also feel fatigue amd I have low libido. I m 22 years old. What should I eat to make normal that numbers.
I have no stomach pain But heart pain by gas trouble. I am Not having sugar and pressure. Hemoglobin 11.5%. Age 45.Please suggest
I am having problem of heart that when I sleep in night at deep sleep then suddenly I got shock that pains my heart for 2 minutes what I do?
I have problem with my heart beat I am suffering high blood pressure when ever I am in any sort of anxiety. Is there any chance of heart attack.
While you may be worried about being affected with coronary diseases just because your forefathers suffered from it, there are various factors that are absolutely in your sole control. With a little change in lifestyle and following a well-regulated routine, you can easily keep your hereditary cardiac diseases at bay.
- Take a Healthy Diet Regularly: Increase the amount of green leafy vegetables and colourful fruits in your regular diet as they are rich in phytonutrients and other anti-oxidants, vitamins, fibres, minerals as well as anti-inflammatory molecules that would increase your immunity.
- Regulate Your Blood-Sugar Level: Studies show that blood sugar is a great contributor to cardiac diseases. So try to replace your high-carb diet with loads of fibre, protein and healthy fats to keep your blood-sugar level in control.
- Increase the Intake of Fibre: Try to increase the amount of fibre in your food chart by having lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, nuts and soya so that it amounts up to at least 50 grams a day. You may even include fibre supplements in your diet.
- Stay Away From Processed and Junk Food: We know you are crazy about fast food, but you must also include sodas, processed jams, fruit juices and soft drinks as well, which are the greatest contributors to diabetes and in turn lead to heart diseases.
- Increase the Intake of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Try to include cold-water fish like sardine, salmon and herring along with flax seeds and sea weeds. This 'good' fat would keep your cholesterol level in check and lower down the amount of malicious LDL levels and transform them into harmless LDL particles.
- Get Rid of all Hydrogenated Food: This implies that you should abstain from having cookies, margarine, baked stuff and crackers. Don't be fooled by the label saying, "no trans-fat" and instead look for healthy coconut, olive or sesame oil.
- Abstain from Consuming Alcohol: Alcohol can do no good to any organ of your body. Instead, it triggers the amount of triglycerides, causes fatty liver and creates sugar imbalance in your body. By reducing alcohol consumption you can reduce inflammation, which causes various chronic diseases.
- Have good quality supplements: Along with having a healthy diet and workout, you must try to take in multivitamin and mineral supplements regularly to keep fit and active all around the year.
- Exercise Regularly: Researches report that a minimum of half an hour's exercise is required by our body regularly. After all, the heart is a muscle, and you must work out regularly to keep it healthy for a longer span.
- Manage your Stress Levels: Stress alone can lead to a fatal heart attack without prior signal. Take the time out to indulge in yoga, meditation, tai chi or anything that would keep your stress levels under control and help you to lead a happier, healthier life.
These 10 easy ways will help you to prevent cardiac diseases; but you must consult a responsive cardiologist at the earliest.