Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Pragya PrakashYour feedback matters!
I have red eyes from seven years and from two years my eyes is paining some times in a week what should I do?
From past 4 years I'm having a headache problem whenever I get that I feel like my vision has become blurd and when the pain will increase my lip and fingertips become numb if I will bite also I won't feel anything. I guess The high intensity light, high sound, continuously looking into any moving object and looking into computer are the causes of it. What can I do to reduce it? What exactly is the disease?
During summer you try to take special care about the overall health of your body, particularly, your eyes. Eyes are one of the most important organs of the body, and the scorching summer heat can cause serious eye problems like conjunctivitis, infections, red eye, migraines etc., which is why it's important to take proper care of eyes during the summer season.
Here are some tips to keep your eyes cool and protected during the summer:
- Wearing sunglasses is very important when you are outdoors as it protects your eyes from the harmful UVA and UVB light. This will help in avoiding migraines and even serious conditions like cataract.
- Avoid midday sunshine. Stay indoors as much as possible during the middle of the day to avoid the sunshine then when the effect of the sun and ultraviolet radiation exposure are at their peak.
- When you plan to go for a swim, make sure you wear your swimming goggles. Otherwise you might catch conjunctivitis.
- You should not splash water into the eyes directly unless any foreign particles such as dust enter your eyes. This might damage the tear film of the eye, which protects your eyes.
- You need to maintain proper hygiene by washing your hands and face properly as soon as you reach home so that dust or grime does not enter the eyes as their entry can result in allergies and infections.
- You can keep a slice of cucumber on each of your eyes to relax and cool them down.
- 6 to 8 hours of sleep are a must as they help in revitalizing your eyes.
- Adding green vegetables, carrots, nuts, liver and fruits to your diet would be very beneficial for the health of your eyes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.
Hello sir/ ma'am My grandmother is of approximately 80 years nd she is suffering from herpes in one eye from 1st may 2016, as told by our nearby doctor. She was first treated in allopathic and when things didn't work out she was shifted to homeopath. In homeopath, approx 40% is cured but not totally and her eye keep on itching from inside and giving burning sensation. Can you please suggest what to do and from which branch of doctor it should be get treated like eyes specialist or skin and which place would be best to get her treatment?
I am 22 yrs old. I am suffered from night blindness disease since last 3yrs. How can I improve my eye sight And please provide me information about available nightvision goggles which can be useful for me.
Sir, I am wearing specs of power 3 but my actual power is 3.5 should I change the specs or continue wear low power specs is this harm my eye?
I have -4 eye sight for both eyes. One of my relatives said me that. A baaba gives medicine and it will go. Is there any medicine through which eye sight can be removed?
My father met an accident two years back. Due to that accident one of his eye ball has been not moving. Doctors are saying it will take time but two years has over still no result. Is there any solution?
I have specs from almost 2003 .my no is -2.5 .I am thinking to do laser operation. For my eyes. Is doing laser operation safe for eyes and dose it have any later side effects for future. I need advice before proceeding further please help me out.
Hi I am saudi and my problem regarding squint eye my son 15 years his eye is squint and that eye sight is weak a little bit. But he is using computer too much thats why I am worried. So please tell me what should I do.
I am having dry eyes. Moreover I am a sugar patient for the last over 20 years. My age is 66. As the watering is not there, I am using lubricating eye drops continuously. How long I have to use these drops. Is there any end to my problem doctor.
She has very weak eye sight his number is + 5 and + 1 in both eyes So she will prefer to go to laser surgery or use spectacles in her whole life because she gets pain after some time when she works in computer or do study.
Dear sir mujhe -2 ka chashma lagta h, mujhe contact lence karna h but yeah choose nhi kar pa raha hu ki koun sa contact lence -2 k liye best rahega ?
If you have got diabetes, then it is quite natural that you will soon face acute eye troubles. This is the reason diabetic patients are always suggested to keep their blood sugar levels controlled so that eye troubles can be easily avoided. Thorough medical check-up is required in order to detect conditions of the eyes. Some of the commonest eye troubles occurring due to diabetes are cataract, glaucoma, blurry vision, diabetic retinopathy and others.
List of eye diseases caused by diabetes:
- Diabetic Retinopathy: When the retina's smallest blood vessels get severely damaged due to increased blood sugar, then this kind of eye condition occurs. Early detection of this eye condition can save your eyes, but if it is too late, then nothing can be done, and it might even lead to blindness.
- Cataract: Fogging or clouding condition can bring this kind of condition and this can only be corrected by wearing proper corrective lenses. However, if you fail to control diabetes, then in spite of wearing glasses, your eye condition might get deteriorated day-by-day. Glared or blurred vision is the most common symptom in this regard.
- Glaucoma: When the eye fluid is not drained properly, then this kind of eye trouble occurs. In fact, eye pressure increases to a great extent as a result of which delicate eye nerves can get severely damaged. The blood vessels of the eyes can get clogged causing greater interruption in vision. Medicines can make aqueous humor to get drained in a proper manner, and thus you should go for a proper eye check-up so that you can acquire the requisite medicines. Some popular symptoms of glaucoma are headaches, eye aches, blurred vision, watery eyes, vision loss and others.
- Diabetic macular edema: This eye disease mainly occurs in the advanced stage of diabetic retinopathy. Macula is nothing, but the most delicate part of retina and when it gets swollen, then you might face this eye trouble. Only medications can help you to get rid of the same and thus immediate medical help is needed.
- Blurry vision: Though this is quite a small and temporary eye issue for diabetic patients, but this condition might turn into a serious one if you neglect to correct the same in the very beginning. You might even face blindness due to negligence of this trouble. Also, fluctuating sugar-levels should be stabilized so that this kind of trouble can be easily tackled.