Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pragya ConsulYour feedback matters!
How should I increase my breast milk production? My baby feeds on that only and does not accept formula milk.
Obesity is a disorder that leads to fat accumulation in the body. It is chronic in nature and may cause serious complications in the body. It increases the risk of various diseases in the body like diabetes and cardiovascular diseases. The fat tissues in the body needs nutrients and oxygen for nourishment, thus the blood vessels in the body direct blood to these tissues.
This ups the workload of the heart as it has to pump more blood, which results in excessive pressure on the walls of the artery. When the pressure on the arteries increase, it is known as high blood pressure. Being obese also hampers the ability of the body to transport blood throughout your body and so weight loss is compulsorily advised.
The causes of obesity are:
- Genetics: You are likely to be affected by obesity if your family members are obese. Your genes also play a role in regulating your hormones that deal with fat in the body. It may cause a hormone called leptin that regulates your appetite to be less in the body, which in turn triggers obesity.
- Diet: If your diet is high in simple carbohydrates like refined products and sugar-based foods then it increases the risk of obesity. Foods those are rich in simple carbohydrates cause high insulin production in the body which promotes accumulation of fat.
- Being inactive: You are likely to be overweight if you follow a sedentary lifestyle. This happens if you have a desk job or if you are lazy.
- Psychological issues: Certain psychological problems such as stress and emotional problems may cause you to binge eat which leads to weight gain.
- Disorders: Certain disorders like polycystic ovary syndrome (presence of cysts on the ovaries) and hypothyroidism (reduced production of the thyroid hormone).
Since obesity can significantly affect your blood pressure, you need to take steps to mitigate the damage. Apart from making various changes to your lifestyle, you can opt for various surgical procedures like ultrasonic liposuction (where sound waves are used to get rid of fat) and mesotherapy (where various medicines are injected in the adipose tissues). These are safe and non-invasive treatments that are very effective in promoting fat loss. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Hi I got my last period on 18 jan 17. Than I tested the upt was negative I consulted a normal physician. She informed me to check it once again. My lower abdomen is paining as it pains during period and I am getting frequently urine. Is this are symptoms of pregnancy. When should I check again whether am I pregnant.
My boyfriend and I had unprotected sexual intercourse the day after my last menstrual period ended. Is it possible to get pregnant after having sex so soon after my LMP?
We are planning for a baby. I also took fertility drugs for that. Now only 10 days are left for my periods date but in the meanwhile I had throat infection doctor gave me nicef-o. I took two doses but now I am worried if I am pregnant then will nicef medicine harm my baby.
Kya Kisi bhi din se oral contraceptives pill stat kar sakta h? Kisi bhi din start Karne se koi problem to nhi hoga?
Hello Doctor. Am pregnant with twins. My random blood sugar tested at three months of pregnancy was normal around 101. At 27 weeks I again got tested for sugar and results are bit high. FBS is 108, after one hour it is 174 and 2 hours its is 163. Please suggest what does this mean. I was not having diabetes before pregnancy as clearly shown by random blood sugar. What effect it can have on my babies and will it come back to normal after pregnancy?
I want my vagina tighten again .Give me suggestions how it is possible? My vaginal wall loose due to rough sex and wet my vagina soon Nd my partner not satisfied from me.
My girlfriend is experiencing too much of black blood during her periods and its for d 1st tym she has experienced it. She luks worried abt dis thing, Is it normal? Y is it happening? Or is der anything to be concerned abt?
Hi. .I am 41 year old healthy female. I had regular periods of 25 days till April this year post that the cycle has changed to 50 days that means I am having my periods every 2 years. Also I am felt breast pain during last period similar to what you feel during pregnancy. Is this a start of menopause. Do I need to take any medication. Please note that my mother also started menopause during her 40s.
My unmarried niece is 23+ years old. She has poly cysts in every. Is there any remedy in Homeopathy. What will be the problems in future.
Hi, My wife's last cycle start date was on 27th march 2016, cycle length of approx 35 days, tested on 3rd april, 4th april and 5th april - all positive but HPT line was a little faint. Consulted doc (gyn) on 5th april evening. He saw all the HPT kit results and said the line is a bit faint and prescribed hcg injection 5000iu every week, duphaston, vitagreat, optogest, maintane, ondem (on SOS basis). My question is since we tested on the 2nd day of missed period did we test too early explaining these faint lines? We asked about the injection and the doc said it is to prevent the pregnancy and asked us to visit next week with HPT (fmu) and if it is again faint he will do a sonography. Would also like your opinion about the medicines prescribed. Thanks.
My last period date is 15. But I saw little brown spotting yesterday. Is this the symptoms of periods or this is normal. One more thing can I take 1 primolut n and then if I stop taking more tablet will be I in periods or not. Cause I have to go for trip till 9 sept and I don't want to be in periods please suggest?
Sir my lover want to suck my penis .shall we enjoy .and for she don't have any HIV diseases .for me also don't have any problems like HIV .while we enjoy like sucking .did we get HIV r AIDS sir. Plzz help me.
I am married. My wife has some problem with getting pregnant. Its been 5 years we have got married. Please advice an appropriate doctor with low budget treatment.
I am the age of 21 I have had sex first time while emitting there is lot of bleeding in private part from last four days there is continuous bleeding in the morning time while toilet. is this is normal ?
My age is 43 years, and I skipped my period, days passed one month and 18 days. pregnancy test is negative, now what I have to do?
In our day to day lifestyle, it has become very difficult to maintain routine and habits to the optimal level. But in order to, function efficiently and to put your body in full functioning capacity, here are five energy boosting foods to try:
- Honey: This natural sweetener is extremely low on the glycemic index and acts as muscle fuel, thus helping you to replenish the muscles during and post exercising. It is literally nature's counterpart to an energy drink that can be added to tea, water or even your yoghurt.
- Banana: One of the most popular and well loved energy foods, bananas being mostly composed of sugars, can provide a head-on energy boost.
- Nuts: They are extremely important in converting sugar into energy. Also, they are extremely handy to munch on when feeling lethargic or low in energy. Nuts like almonds, cashew nuts or hazelnuts are rich in magnesium and help to keep blood sugar levels even and supply protein to keep the hunger away.
- Cardamom: This popular spice is well known to help boost energy by promoting blood flow. Indulge in a cardamom laden curry or a tea infused with cardamom to combat low energy levels.
- Apples: Since they take much longer to digest in comparison to other fruits, these beautiful fruits provide a more prolonged energy boost. Being high in fiber, they're easy to carry around and munch on.
This is not an exhaustive list, and there are several more where they came from. Pick out the food items that are easily available for you and keep them at hand to pick you up when you function on low energy levels.
Related Tip: "Top 5 Carb Rich Foods for Breakfast"