Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. PraguptaYour feedback matters!
I have a problem of frequent urination. I was worried I may have diabetes, but my fasting blood sugar level is 84mg/dl. So, what can be the reason for this?
Sir, my pennis is burning during urination, what is the reason of that, it is either due to hot summer or something else.
Iam about 20 years. I have pain in my under stomach and also color change in urine. I am so fear about that. I have any problem. Any surgery need. Please say a advice?
My morning urine gives foul smell. I am 64 years old. Can you give me remedy how to control it. than.
I am 26 years male. I have 5mm Kinney stones. Back pain is coming regularly. Surgery is needed or not? I am afraid of surgery. Tell me if it can be cured by medicine. I used contiflo tablets for 20 days. But no result.
I am 26 years old. I am suffering from the feeling of rushing to toilet urgently and when I go to toilet only few drops of urine comes out. And I am having strong itching in my vagina and its paining as if nails are pierced into it. Can you help me?
Hello Doctor, I've a major problem about my health. Issue is I've to go for urine average 8 to 10 times in a night and urine amount is very less. What could be the problem.
Male 56 years old, taking olmezest 20H+nebicard50, EchosprinAV75 for BP & palpitation & Flotral for enlarged prostate have been suffering from erectile dysfunction.
What is the best diet for multiple myeloma patient whose bones are week hemoglobin is down & now effecting in kidneys creatinine levels is quite high it is 2+ so which foodgrains, fruits & dry fruits to avoid which should be taken as diet?
My mother age 65 is suffering from ckd of kidney & has BP. We consulted a nephrologist who advice us that protein has to be cut . With BP medicine he gave Tab Septasteril (alpha ketoanalogue. For 3 month we strictly restricted protein & gave recommend medicines but there was no improvement. We went to nearby nephrologist with previous case history. He continue the BP medicine but gave protein powder name live o life powder. I am confused whether to continue cut protein as told by doctor 1 Or to give protein powder as told by doctor 2. Pls advice.
Our kidneys act as filters which constantly flushes out toxins and excess minerals with water in form of urine. Urine contains lots of minerals which may precipitate and form stones. Urine has lots of pro-precipitating agents and anti-precipitating agents. When their balance disturbs due to some disease, stones start forming. These stones may often lead to abdominal pain which is referred to as renal colic.
What exactly is renal colic?
Renal or ureteric colic is the term used for typical pain in one side of abdomen in flank region starting from back and radiating forward towards lower abdomen up to scrotum. This is usually associated with nausea, vomiting and urinary discomfort. There may be blood in urine.
How kidney stones are related to renal colic?
Kidney stones usually form inside kidney and lies there without causing any pain. But whenever they are dislodged and stuck at mouth of kidney (pelvis) or anywhere in ureter, they block the passage of urine of that kidney. This causes swelling in kidney termed as hydronephrosis. This swelling in kidney causes renal / ureteric colic. This colic is protective phenomenon and tries to push out the stones. Small stones do come out in urine by this natural process. This spontaneous expulsion of small stones is common and many local practitioners used to get credit of it feigning benefit of their medicine. However large stones need some form of intervention to come out. Otherwise, they do harm to kidneys in long term.
Symptoms of kidney stones along with renal /ureteric colic -
- Most stones which are lying in calyces of kidney are asymptomatic
- Nausea & vomiting
- Frequent urinary tract infections
- Fever with chills
- Foul smelling urine
- Hesitency, frequency and burning in urination
- Blood in urine (urine with a reddish, pink or brownish hue)
- Passage of small stones in urine
Treatment of renal colic
Treatment of ureteric/renal stones involves control of symptoms and stone removal.
- Expectant Treatment or Medical Expulsion Therapy: Small stones of less than 4 mm size usually pass on its own and some medicines like alpha-blockers and steroid hasten up their expulsion. Medium size stone (4-6 mm), sometimes passes with aid of these medications. But stones larger than 6 mm usually require intervention.
- Lithotripsy: This method involves breaking of stones by shock waves into small dusty particles which pass through urine on its own. This is usually suitable for stones upto 1.5 cm and lying in kidneys. This is non-operative treatment which can be done on OPD or Daycare basis.
- Ureteroscopy (URS): This method involves entry of very thin semirigid scope through urethra into ureter. Stone is broken by LASER and removed. This involves single day admission and spinal anaesthesia.
- RIRS- Retrograde Intra Renal Surgery: In this method very thin flexible scope in maneuvered through urethra into the upper ureter and pelvi-calyceal system of kidney. Stones in kidney or upper ureter are broken by LASER and removed. This is also done under anaesthesia and requires a day admission.
- Mini- PCNL: This method is suitable for large renal stones. In this technique, a small hole is made into the kidney through back and tiny scope is entered into the kidney. Stones are broken by LASER and removed. This is done under anaesthesia and require two to three days admission. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.