Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pradeep Rastogi
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Pradeep RastogiYour feedback matters!
She is suffering from diabetes and blood pressure also suffering from heart disease. Please suggest.
The heart is a muscular organ that helps to pump blood through the circulatory system by periodic contractions and relaxations. The heart is one of the most important organs of the body so much so that a single cardiac arrest or a heart attack can lead to fatal consequences. Even so, a heart attack is one of the most leading causes of death in the country. But there are some earlier symptoms that could alert you ahead of time. The following are signs of an unhealthy heart:
1. Sexual problems - Erectile dysfunction (ED) is one of the most predictable reasons for cardiovascular conditions. Today, patients who are diagnosed with ED are also considered as cardiovascular patients. This is because the heart is supposedly not able to pump enough blood to the genital area. In case of women, reduced blood flow can hamper arousal and delay orgasms.
2. Snoring and sleep apnea - If one snores loudly enough to prevent their partner's from sleeping or resort to using earplugs, one may be at a risk of having a weak heart. Restricted breathing during sleep is connected with a host of cardiovascular diseases. Sleep apnea, a condition where breathing stops for a brief span of time, is linked with higher cardiovascular risks.
3. Swollen, sore and bleeding gums - Swollen and bleeding gums are not only symptoms of dental conditions but also of cardiovascular difficulties. Medical experts believe poor circulation of blood arises due to underlying heart conditions. Recent studies are focusing on bacteria that are believed to cause gum disease as well as plaque inside the arteries of the heart.
4. Heart Arrhythmia - Irregular heartbeat or heart arrhythmia is a common sign of a weak heart. It is characterized by both fast and slow beating of the heart. Restricted blood flow to the heart strains the electrical signals that maintain the normal beating of the heart. This is one of the common causes of coronary artery diseases.
5. Chest pain - One of the most apparent signs of coronary artery diseases is chest pain. The cause of the sharp, clutching pain in your chest can be build-up of plaque in the arteries, which could lead to fatal consequences.
In case of these symptoms, it is advised to get your risks assessed at a timely basis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.
I am pregnant since 9or 10 weeks I did home pregnancy test as well and I consulted with a doctor too at 7 week pregnancy, that time doctor said that baby have not heartbeat, then she give some medicines and ask to come after 10 days again I go to her she said still ther is no heartbeat and given same medicines again I want to know what should I do? She said fetus is growing but no heartbeat is seen, Is that possible? What should I do? Medicine names GUD-M ULTIGEST-SR300 SURGE (FOLICACID) METHYLCOBALAMIN PLS REPLY. THANKYOU.
My recent medical report shows the following values: 1. T4 - 4.30 (Range 4.5 -12 ug /dl) 2. Total Cholesterol - 234 (Range 125 - 200mg %) 3. LDL - 149.00 (Range 85- 130 mg %) I have been taking Thyrox 25 mg for Thyroid problem and Telsartan 80 mg for Hypertension (under control). Request advice on medication for T4, Cholesterol, LDL etc.
I was prescribed propranolol hydro chloride for psvt. Ciplar 40 mg. Around 20 years back. Now I have developed high b.p. As well. Does ciplar 40 mg also act as a medicine to reduce high b.p. In the long run? Or other medicines are required? Regards.
Sir I am 29 years old and my weight is 65 kg I have BP Problem my BP is 150/110 Please give me some suggestions. I take Envas 5 mg medicine.
Diabetes mellitus is a condition affecting the way one’s body utilizes blood sugar (glucose). Glucose is essential to your health since it is a vital energy source for the cells that make up the tissues and muscles. Diabetes is characterized by excess blood sugar levels. The complications might get aggravated and turn fatal if it is left untreated over a period of time.
Diabetes mellitus can be of two types - Type 1 and Type 2.
In Type 1 diabetes, the pancreas is unable to produce enough insulin to metabolize sugar and starch from the foods that you consume while Type 2 diabetes affects the way the body processes the blood glucose.
Diabetes substantially increases the risks of numerous cardiovascular disorders (a condition that affects the heart’s blood vessels due to fatty deposits within the arteries) such as atherosclerosis (narrowing of arteries), stroke, heart attack (wherein flow of blood to the heart muscle gets blocked all of a sudden), heart failure (inability of the heart to pump blood throughout the body) and angina (chest pain).
Why are diabetic people at a higher risk of developing cardiovascular diseases?
The following factors are associated (could be the common reason as well) with both diabetes and cardiovascular diseases-
High blood pressure and hypertension.
High triglyceride level (a kind of fat present in the blood) and abnormal cholesterol level.
Lack of exercises and physical activities.
Uncontrolled blood sugar level.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.