Find numerous Internal Medicine Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Internal Medicine Specialists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Internal Medicine Specialists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pradeep Mathur
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Fever
Treatment of Stomach Pain
Treatment of Body Weakness
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Cold Cough
Treatment of Acidity
Treatment of Bronchiectasis
Treatment of Chest Pain
Treatment of Thyroid Disorders
Treatment of Asthma
Treatment of Diarrhoea
Treatment of Dengue
Treatment of Nausea
Treatment of Sexual Weakness
Treatment of Penis Pain
Treatment of Alcohol Addiction Disorder
Treatment of Malaria
Treatment of Chickenpox
Treatment of Typhoid
Submit a review for Dr. Pradeep MathurYour feedback matters!
Homeopathy is a widely accepted alternative system of medicine which was discovered in the late 18th century. Homeopathy believes in the philosophy that the mind, emotions and the body are integrated together. On the basis of this philosophy, a homeopath provides remedies which can suit best to the physical and psychological conditions of a patient. Homeopathic remedies are certainly not very high dose. Its main purpose is to recognize and discard the cause behind the condition.
People hold many misconceptions about homeopathy. Following are some of the myths of homeopathy:
- Homeopathic remedies work slowly: Many people believe that homeopathic remedies cure your medical condition very slowly. Fact is that it works very fast on diseases like cold, fever, etc. When the symptoms are chronic, then only working process is slow. This is because in chronic condition, the body takes little time to cure from inside. It is advisable to start the homeopathic remedies as soon as any symptom is seen.
- Remedies are prescribed by doctors with no formal training: Many people believe that homeopathic remedies are prescribed simply on the basis of the visible symptoms and no diagnosis is done. Fact is that these remedies are prescribed by qualified medical professionals graduated from homeopathy medical colleges. They diagnose your medical condition before prescribing you any remedy.
- Homeopathic remedies are not scientific: Many people consider homeopathic remedies to be unscientific. However, the basis behind homeopathy is pharmacological and clinical data. Vast studies and researches have been conducted on homeopathic remedies and treatment.
- Strict dietary restriction is to be followed at the time of homeopathic treatment: Many people believe that they have to control on their eating habits while undergoing homeopathic treatment. Fact is that for some patients, ingredients like garlic, onion, alcohol, coffee, tobacco etc. are to be avoided during the tenure of treatment. This is simply because these ingredients interfere with the homeopathic treatment.
- Homeopathy can cure any disorder: Some people have a strong belief that homeopathic remedies can cure any disorder or any medical condition. Fact is that this remedy is completely ineffective in case of dental issues or any condition where surgery is the only remedy.
Related Tip: "Detoxifying With Homeopathy?"
Stress in the body is a way of responding to threats. These threats need not be physical, but could be in the form of financial trouble, work pressure, relationship difficulties, major life events etc. When we are put under pressure our body releases hormones such as adrenaline and cortisol that makes the heart beat faster, tightens muscles, increases blood pressure and makes the senses alert.
This is our body’s way of protecting us. However, the body cannot distinguish between life threatening events and the mere pressure of giving a presentation. Experiencing this fight or flight response on a recurring basis can lead to an impaired digestive system, lowered immunity, increased blood pressure and hence risk of strokes and heart attacks and can make you age faster.
Stress cannot always be avoided but it can be dealt with effectively so as to not allow it to harm your health. For this it is important to first recognise the symptoms of stress. Stress symptoms can be categorized as cognitive, emotional, physical and behavioural symptoms.
- Memory loss
- Shortened attention span
- Anxiousness Emotional
- Feeling of isolation and loneliness
- Loss of appetite
- Insomnia or sleeping excessively
- Social withdrawal
- Excessive smoking, drinking or use of other intoxicants
The amount of stress each person can Tolerate before it begins to affect their body varies. While some people thrive under pressure, others are paralysed by it. Some ways you can increase your stress tolerance levels are:
Become emotionally aware
For some people, stress is a normal way of life and they do not realize when they’re putting their body under too much pressure. Being aware of how you feel physically and emotionally can help you realize when you are stressed out. Having the emotional awareness of what it takes to calm down your stressed nerves also helps you bounce back from a stressful situation.
Build a strong Social Network
People who have a close and strong network of friends and loved ones who they can share their thoughts and experiences with can tolerate more stress than those who are socially withdrawn and have fewer opportunities for social engagements.
Get some form of regular physical activity
Regular exercise benefits both your physical and mental health. Exercising calms your nerves and lowers the production of stress hormones in the system. It also gives you time to focus on yourself and distracts you from other worries and tensions.
Eat the right food
Processed foods such as refined carbs or sugary snacks can worsen stress by causing fluctuations in your blood sugar levels. Instead, eat a diet rich in fruits and vegetables along with proteins and healthy fats. Good sleep at night!