Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pradeep Kumar Sachdev
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Pradeep Kumar SachdevYour feedback matters!
Visit was very good and more than expectation.
I am 35 years old I am having pain between in the right hand joint to neck some times the pain is like getting electric shock. What will be the cause and how to cure it? Please help.
Lower back pain is among one of those ailments that brings life to standstill. Nowadays most common reason for absence at job or college is Back pain. It gives you nothing bur restless and depressed day and sleepless night. It ruins your life's small moments of joy.
What is low backache?
It is the pain that felt in lower back which usually originates from joints, bones, muscles, nerves or other structures in spine.
What is spine?
Vertebral column or backbone or spine consists of 33 bones; called as vertebrae. Lower 9 are fused in adults.
- Cervical spine in neck region: 7 vertebrae (C1-C7)
- Thoracic Spine in upper back: 12 vertebrae (T1-T12)
- Lumbar spine in lower back: 5 vertebra (L1-L5)
- Sacrum in Lower back Fused: 5 vertebrae (S1-S5)
- Coccyx (tailbone) fused: 3-5 vertebrae.
Significance of Vertebral column:
- The major function of vertebral column is protection of spinal cord.
- It provides stiffening for the body and attachments for muscles.
- It transmits body weight while walking and standing.
What is pain?
It is a message originates from the location of injury; travels through nervous system and received by brain where it is interpreted as PAIN.
- It is a sudden low back pain for abortion time.
- It can be because of trauma, trigger or a disorder such as Arthritis.
- It limits movements, flexibility and even results into inability to stand or sit straight.
- Acute pain can become more serious if left untreated.
When back pain persists for more than 3 months; it is considered as Chronic.
- Muscle strain or ligaments strain
Improper posture, repeated heavy lifting strain ligaments and muscles if back which result into muscular spasm and severe backache. There are 3 specific movements that are responsible for back injuries. Bending, lifting and twisting. The danger lies in performing any two or more if them simultaneously.
- Bulging or Ruptured intervertebral disc
- Spondylosis: Backpain caused by age related wear and tear of spinal discs.
- Spondylitis: It is inflammatory Arthritis affecting the spinal bones.
- Spondylolisthesis: It is forward displacement of vertebra over another.
- Skeletal irregularities: If spinal curve is abnormal backpain can occur.
- Osteoporosis: If vertebrae become porous and brittle, it can cause compression fractures.
- Coccydynia: Pain at tailbone is called as Coccydynia.
Pregnancy: Almost all women experience low back pain during Pregnancy. Maternal weight gain, increased lordosis (Curvature of spine), Stretching of ligaments, increased calcium demand can cause backpain in Pregnancy.
- History of illness
- History of injury, trauma, accident etc.
- MRI/CT SCAN
- Bone scan
- Nerve studies (Electromygraphy)
- Medicines such as NSAID (Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs) and Muscle relaxants
- Heat therapy
- Cold Compression therapy
- Spinal Traction:
- It is non surgical way of decompression therapy that relieves pressure in spine. It can be performed by physiotherapist or by machines.
- It is useful in backache due to slipped disc, herniated discs, Sciatica, degenerative disc diseases, pinched nerve etc.
- A physician can determine the need of traction and weight for traction based on your medical history.
Backache - Ayurvedic Aspects
According to Ayurveda Backache (Kati shool, Kati graha, Trik graha, Prushtha Shool) is one of the common disease occurring because of vitiated vata dosha, so it is considered as "Vata- Vyadhi."
Line of treatment of Vata - Vyadhi
Abhyanga (Massage): Sesame oil, Mahanarayan Oil, Prasarini oil can be used for Massage.
Swedan (Fomentation): Moist steam of herbs like Dashmool , Nirgundi etc.
Katibasti: Kati basti is pouring of lukewarm medicated oil and keeping it for sometime on the back region surrouded by ring made by black gram or whole wheat flour.
Basti: Basti is one of the most important treatments if vitiated vata. Basti can be performed in various forms according to stage of disease and constitution of patient.
Medicated oil and medicated decoction enema on alternate days for 8 days/15 days or 30 days.
Matrabasti: 60 ml medicated oil enema.
Panchatikta ksheer basti: It is most useful in management of degenerative bone disease, in which herbs like Adulsa, Guduchi, Nimb, Kantakari and Patol are cooked in cow milk. Sometimes cow ghee can also be mixed.
Medicines: Gokshuradi guggul, Trayodashang guggul, Yograj guggul can be used under proper guidance.
Ashwagandha, Musta , Vidang, Ajmoda , Chopchini, Rasna, Devdaru, Punarnava, Shatavari, Shankhabhasma are some useful medicines for backache.
Yogasana: Yogasana should be learned from experienced teacher. Some yogasana helpful for backache are:
- Supta padangushthasana
- Parivrutta trikonasana
- Supta vakrasana
DO'S AND DONT'S FOR BACKACHE
- Bend at knees, not at waist.
- Keep the object close to your body when lifting it. And keep low back straight.
- Think before you act.
- Learn exercise and perform regularly.
- Sit in proper posture, adjust your work desk accordingly, walk straight.
- Do not slouch.
- Avoid high heels shoes.
- Wear lumbar belt under proper guidance.
- Avoid stress. Lose weight if you are overweight.
If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
I am 17 years old I have pain in my left leg and I am very curious about it it was very painful my bone of leg was damaged a small what I do.
I am 32 years female having Comminuted fracture involving tibial eminence with displaced fracture fragment. What type of treatment required please?
I am having dull pain in lower side ,in middle of my waist. It subsides sometime and then starts again after some days. I am moderately active person. Please help me out. I am having this issue from a quite a long time.
Hi Cervical spondylosis c4c5c6. And with symptoms numbness in right shoulder and tingling in fingers.
Sometimes children suffer from conditions where their feet may not be in proper shape or size, something that can affect their posture. Most of the times the disorders get corrected themselves as children grow up, but there can be situations where medical attention is required. These conditions can be normal variations in the anatomy as well which don't essentially require treatment. Some of the common orthopedic disorders found in children include:
- Flatfeet: While most babies are born with flat feet which develop arches as they grow, in some case the arches remain underdeveloped even after they grow older. Their feet may turn inwards while they walk due to their flat nature. There is no inherent problem in this condition unless it becomes painful. Doctors may recommend special footwear with arches inserted for support to reduce the pain.
- Toe Walking: Toe walking is not a disorder while your child is just learning to walk. Toddlers who continue to walk on their toes after the age of 3 may require medical attention. Toe walking on one leg or persistent toe walking can be due to other medical conditions like muscle weakness, cerebral palsy or autism. It is advisable to take your child to a therapist for casting the foot and ankle which can help stretch the muscles.
- Pigeon Toes: In toeing or pigeon toeing is common among babies when they are first learning to walk. Sometimes children above 3 years walk with their toes inwards which can be due to femoral anteversion. This happens when upper part of the leg bends more than it naturally should, causing inward rotation of the feet. Specially designed shoes and braces can help to correct this condition. Usually, the condition corrects on its own with age and does not interfere with sport activities which involve running.
- Knock-Knees: It is a common tendency among children aged between 3 and 6 to develop knock-knees (genu valgum), since their bodies go through natural shift in alignment. Usually, treatment is not required as the legs straighten out eventually. Knock knees on one side or persistent knock knees may require medical attention. Children with this disorder may suffer from pain hence in some cases surgery is recommended after the age of 10. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an orthopedist.