Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pradeep Kumar Sachdev
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Pradeep Kumar SachdevYour feedback matters!
Visit was very good and more than expectation.
Back pain can severely affect the quality of life. Ayurvedic treatment is considered to be one of the most effective treatments for back pain and sciatica. Multiple reasons can cause lower back pain. Lifestyle-related reasons, an injury, incorrect posture, smoking, and sedentary lifestyle are some of the most common causes of back pain. With the help of Ayurveda, back pain can actually be relieved and the conditions causing pain the back can be reversed. The following sections help how Ayurveda can actually help with back pain.
- Abhayangam or full body massage: Full body massage, from head to toe, can be conducted using different Ayurvedic oils to relieve back pain. This is done to soothe any tension in the muscles and to lubricate the joints. It also helps improve the flow of blood to all vital organs of the body. Through this approach, the nerve endings are channelized, which is an approach to alleviate pain caused by sciatica.
- Kati Basti: This is a treatment method that is specific to Ayurveda. Kati means lower back and Basti means to hold. A pasta or whole wheat flour or black gram is prepared. A well of herbal oils in warm condition is created in the lower back by using the flour or paste to make a wall. If your back pain is because of spondylitis, sciatica, or lumbago, this treatment does wonders.
- Sneha Basti: For rheumatism, gout, and lower back pain, Sneha Basti treatment is administered. It is a type of body detoxification therapy in which an enema of medicated oils is given. This clears all the vital systems in the body off the toxins that may have accumulated.
- Kashaya Basti: This is an enema of medicated decoction. This again is effective in treating lower back pain.
Apart from these treatment methods, Ayurveda suggests a few lifestyle changes to relieve back pain. Some of these include the following:
- Stay away from cold: Cool temperatures can increase back pain. If you must travel in cold, ensure that you cover yourself with warm clothing. This offers comfort and can also prevent pain that is caused due to extreme cold.
- Don’t take pungent spices: The body is left dry and dehydrated when you take a lot of pungent spices such as green and red chilies. Dryness is a characteristic associated with the Vata dosha. When dehydrating substances are consumed, the condition is worsened. This also leads to constipation, which is an important reason for aggravated lower back pain.
- Eat fresh and warm foods: Cold food and drinks can aggravate the Vatta dosha. Congestion may result because of excessive consumption of cold foods. The human body needs warmth to eliminate wastes. When congestion is aggravated because of cold foods, it can also lead to constipation. This again causes back pain.
- Use oil: Your body needs lubrication. Back pain is heightened when the body is stressed or overworked. Both these scenarios dehydrate the body. When dehydrated, the chances of losing lubricants are high. Therefore, apply oil all over the body and take a bath in warm water at least once a week. If you don’t find time for this, apply oil only to the lower back and the joints that are painful.
- Try pranayama: Breathing with alternative nostrils is recommended by Ayurveda. This helps in balancing Vata. This has proven to be beneficial for people suffering from arthritis, spondylitis, and sciatica.
- Consume helpful foods: Take foods that are easy to digest. Do not take oily and stale food items. You should include turmeric, valerian, hops, passion flower, and chamomile in every possible way in your diet to alleviate back pain. They reduce inflammation and mental tension.
I haven't been able to sleep since 2 days and I am having a severe headache, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Whenever I tries to do heavy work my hand joints bone displaces I replace it with my own but I can't control the pain till that.
I have a back bone pain sometimes, why its came, what it do in future please please please please please please give full details about it.
I am 22 years old How to relief from lower leg pain I have pain in lower legs While I starts Running I tried many medicine like Cal-Md3, aspirin But NO one did nothing my pain is steady Approx. 2 years So please Tell me the what I do To relief from Pain.
I have a problem in my both knees, I am suffering from Pain for last 1 year, I feel that my cartilage may be start damaging, I could be wrong or tight please help me and give me solution, and. I am 32 years old.
I am suffering from lower back pain since 1 year, back pain goes to urinal part, pain still for 1 hour till take pain relief medicine. Can you suggest any ideas.
I am s software engineer. Some days I have back pain. please tell me a solution to avoid this issue.
Maintaining a Safe Lumbar Arch
- When swabbing, hold the mop close to your body, and avoid bending at the waist. Stiffen your core and move your pelvis and ribs together. Do not rotate by twisting the spine.
- Using props, armrests, and desks for reading can help to minimize bending while sitting.
- Sitting in a flexed posture places increased pressure on the lumbar disc..Chiropractic Management
- Minimize and balance your loads. Even if you maintain an ideal posture and lift correctly, the weight you lift may contribute to the pressure within the disc and cause further herniation of a disc. If you do not need to lift during the healing period of your disc injury, do not lift.
- How to stand up from sitting position-
- When rising from a seated position, avoid curling your spine forward. Rising in this manner can cause continual re-injury to the discs throughout the day.
- The preferred way to rise is to maintain a normal curve in your lower back, keep your chest out, and brace your abdominal muscles. Scoot to the edge of the chair so that your legs are under you and do most of the lifting. This one ADL (Activity of Daily Living) modification has been accountable for the reduction of symptoms in many chronic disc herniations.