Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pradeep Kawatra
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pradeep KawatraYour feedback matters!
Hypothyroidism is a condition wherein the body lacks sufficient amount of thyroid hormone. As this hormone is responsible for the process of metabolism in the body, whenever one suffers from hypothyroidism, one will definitely suffer from slow metabolism. Thyroid Hormone Deficiency, as the disease is commonly known as, is actually more common than people can actually estimate it.
Causes of hypothyroidism
There are basically two causes, which prompt deficiency of thyroid hormone. The first reason may be the inflammation of the thyroid gland, whereas the second reason may be a result of various medical treatments which a person may undergo. In the first case, a large number of cells of the thyroid gland get damaged or die, as a result of which sufficient hormone is not produced. In the second case, if there is a need to remove a certain portion of the thyroid gland or all of it, the leftover mass may not be able to meet the needs of the body. This will result in deficiency of the thyroid hormone.
There are a number of symptoms which indicate that one is suffering from hypothyroidism. Some of them are:
- A constant feeling of fatigue even after sleeping for 8-10 hours
- Abnormal weight gain or weight loss
- Fluctuations in mood
- Imbalances in hormones, irregular periods, low sex drive or infertility
- Dry or cracking skin, brittle nails and excessive loss of hair
- Hands and feet becoming cold and the temperature giving a constant reading below 98.5°F
- Pain in muscles or joints
- Swelling of neck, snoring or the voice becoming hoarse
- Having problems in mind like fog issues
Each patient may suffer from many of the above-mentioned symptoms. The number of symptoms in the body is actually a result of the degree to which the hormone is less in the body. Often, any one of the above symptoms may be a result of the suffering. But most of the people affected will have a combination of the above symptoms. Some cases have also shown that the patients, for a long time, have shown no signs at all.
They suffer silently. The occurrence of any one of the above signs should ring a warning bell and one should consult an endocrinologist. If immediate consultation is not taken, the symptoms will gradually progress and life-threatening problems like depression, coma or heart ailments may arise. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My mom is a diabetic patient Dr. Starts insulin he said she stop to take insulin after 20 days. Mostly mom blood sugar is high but now days its low 153 after breakfast. I am very worried about this insulin please tell after 20 days she will stop to take insulin. Because I heard if insulin starts to take a diabetic patient it not stop. Please solve my problem.
My mother's age is 58 and she has diabetes. What is the minimum/recommended blood sugar level required for teeth extraction? She has to remove 2 teeth. Also, does high/low pressure has any implications for teeth removal?
I am suffering from diabetes. And my health is very poor and I want to buildup my muscles can I build up my body even I am suffering from diabetes.
Patient of hypopituitarism free t4 0.75 (tsh 0.05 felling sleepy and sluggish using thyronorm m 112 mcg should I increase the dose else it is normal.
I am aged 60 type 2 diabetic and underwent CABG in 2003. I have a problem of erectile dysfunction can I use tadafil 20 or any other tablet you can suggest.
I am diabetic since 6 month my hba1c is 9.5 to 5.8 my BP is normal but 4 days back my BP show 116/76 and today is 121/76 after 30 minutes walking it's go 125/79 today I have cough my serum creatinine 0.89 can I have hypertension according to new guidelines.
What should one do if she has high blood sugar accompanied with high blood pressure? Please tell me.
I am 43 years old female suffering from. thyroid.I recently got my sugar test done. I am 80 kgs. Pls help and suggest.
Although this disorder has been present among people since the inception of mankind, the rate of increase among the number of patients in recent years is alarming to say the least. The primary culprits are lifestyle issues such as bad diet, lack of physical exercise and stress. However, some people are genetically predisposed to it as well. Diabetes is a silent killer as complications caused by it are one of the largest killers on the planet.
The Ayurvedic route
Ayurveda has a long history of successfully dealing with this scourge dating back thousands of years. Diabetes is known as ‘Madhumeha’ and is often classified as ‘Maharoga’ as it causes multiple complications. The Ayurvedic route has many facets such as exercises, filtering toxins and balancing the ‘doshas’ through diet and herbs to control the effects of diabetes. Let’s look at some of the remedies for controlling and correcting symptoms of diabetes in Ayurveda.
- Diet: This is one of the most important changes that you need to make in your life to control symptoms of diabetes. Certain food types are an absolute no-no in Ayurveda if you have diabetes while certain other types of food are encouraged as they help keep it in control.
- Food types encouraged in Ayurveda: Amla, bitter gourd, fenugreek seeds (methi), spinach, jamun, drumsticks, garlic, turmeric, snake gourd, barley, wheat, tulsi, pepper, soya bean, cucumber and bel (Indian Bael) among others
- Food types discouraged in Ayurveda: Processed sugar or any food that contains a high amount of it, unrefined sugar in large quantities, sugar cane juice, oil, jaggery, ghee, cakes, alcohol, foods rich in carbohydrates such as rice or rotis in excess quantities, curd, junk and oily foods, butter, cold drinks and sweets among others
- Home Remedies and herbs: Ayurveda prescribes many forms of juices and concoctions which can be easily prepared at home to control blood sugar levels and also limit the symptoms. Some of the herbs and preparations used in the treatment of diabetes are mentioned below.
- Yoga and exercises: Exercising and ensuring that the metabolism is kept active to check blood sugar levels is of utmost importance when you are diabetic. Yoga is one of the best methods to accomplish this. In general, light walking is prescribed but there are certain yoga poses which are especially beneficial for diabetes. Some of these are:
- Shalabhasana or the locust pose
- Ardha matsyendrasana or the half spinal twist pose
- Peacock pose or Mayurasana
- Katichakrasana or the waist rotating pose
- Naddishuddhi Pranayama
- Surya namaskar among others
However, it is important that you are proficient in the easier forms of yoga first and then have proper instruction before you try the harder poses.