Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pradeep K. Aggarwal
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Pradeep K. AggarwalYour feedback matters!
I commonly used to have the headache complaint. Sometimes it happens without any reason. For this what I need to do?
Is there any ayurvedic nasal drops for sinus nose infection. And which also helps to reduce sinus nose swilling.
1. Sneezing regularly specially in morning time during kitchen. 2. Some times coughing once or twice a day 3. Sleeping disorder (No proper sound sleep) 4. savior and intolerable headache once or twice in a month, specially right side between eyes and ear and backside lower portion like some one hitting by hammer 5 during headache feels vomiting and after vomiting mostly headache will start reducing 6 No pain killer will work 7. Before starting savior headache I feels uncomfortable, sweating, heat, Irritating from sound, Angry etc 8. Some time bad breathing 9. Tiredness 10. While walking short breathing 11. Just two days back blood test done everything normal only ESR is 29 in first hour Kindly suggest proper treatment, test.
I've been asking a question but I am not getting the. satisfying answer about the subject I feel weakness in the sense of masturbation when I ejaculate. I don't feel it like my old days What could cause that ?
Strokes occur when blood to the brain gets interrupted or reduced. When this occurs, brain cells begin to die as they don't get enough nutrients and oxygen. Such life-threatening episodes can strike you anytime.
There are certain signs that can help you to clearly recognise an occurrence of stroke:
- Face drooping on one side
- Weakness or numbness on one side of the body, usually a leg or an arm
- You're unable to think or say anything clearly
- You experience slurred speech
- Difficulty in moving your tongue
- You get a sudden and severe headache
What Tests can be Done to Identify the Stroke?
There are certain tests that you can do to identify these warning signs.
- To identify facial weakness, the smile test is used wherein you're simply asked to show your teeth to check for any changes in this facial expression - a lopsided smile.
- To check for weakness in the body, the arm test is performed in which you raise both your arms to the same height. In case you're unable to do so, you may be experiencing arm weakness, a sign of stroke.
- For slurring of speech, you may be asked to repeat sentences such as 'Don't cry over spilt milk' or 'The pen is mightier than the sword'.
- Stroke can also be identified through the walk test wherein with the help of another person, you walk across the room to check for changes in your step.
If not treated in time, strokes can cause permanent brain damage. More importantly, unlike heart attacks, anxiety may not always be the cause of your stroke symptoms. That's why, being aware of these symptoms and recognising them on time can help you to quickly seek medical assistance.
I have infectious by jaundice and I feel very low energy so I want required some medicine for the removal of disease.
Having reversible asthma what should avoid and what are best ? I have done pft but unable to understand the values? What is the normal values?
A man said to be suffering from Erectile Dysfunction (ED) when he fails to develop or maintain an erection. There are a lot of factors which are responsible for the condition such as obesity, diseases like diabetes and kidney failure, intake of certain drugs, neurogenic disorders, aging, surgery and smoking. These are the primary causes of this condition.
Treatment for Erectile Dysfunction:
- Relieving sexual anxiety: Telling your partner before you make love that you have this anxiety, and the feelings it causes. As a result, your partner will understand, and the two of you can work on it together. You can reduce some worries by being more giving with foreplay, even if your sexual performance isn't what you or your partner wanted, your partner will still be satisfied. Consider regular exercise which brings confidence in your body as your energy is also an important part of overcoming sexual anxiety.
- Kegel exercises: Pelvic exercises, involving the portion of the body between your waist and thighs, are commonly known as Kegel exercises. Three months of Kegel exercises twice a day can help ignificantly improve your erection ability which strengthens the penile muscle. They also promote urinary control.
- Walking: Just 30 minutes of walking a day is linked to 41% drop in risk for ED. Moderate exercise can help restore sexual performance in obese middle-aged men with ED.
- Avoid excessive alcohol: Chronic heavy drinking of alcohol can cause liver damage, nerve damage, and other conditions, interfering with the normal balance of male sex hormone (androgens) levels ultimately leading to ED.
- Intake of l-arginine: l-arginine, an amino acid, which is naturally present in the body and helps make nitric oxide, supports a successful erection. Nitric oxide is responsible for making the blood vessels relax, which helps sustain an erection for men.
- Attention towards vascular health and making body slim: High blood pressure, high blood sugar, high cholesterol, and high triglycerides can all damage arteries in the penis along with heart and brain thereby leading to ED. Maintaining a trim waistline is a good defence for ED, as men with a 42-inch waist are 50% more likely to develop ED in comparison to people with 32-inch waistline.
I am 64 years male having undergone bypass 13 years back and gall bladder removal 12 years back. For the last 2 years inspite of taking Glycomet GP2 morning and night fasting blood sugar is around 150. What should I do?
I am 35 years old and want to pregnant but my doctor tell me I am suffering hemorrhagic overlain cyst. Need to laparoscopy. But I have mitral heart replacement surgery in the years 2003. And taking warfarin. So please .please tell me what to do now. I am eager to want pregnant.
It is to be noted that a large chunk of a child’s genetic code is carried by the male procreation cell. Some other interesting facts about the male procreation cell, the sperm, are listed below:
- Diet affects a man’s sperms: A man’s daily diet plays a major role in the health of his sperm. The choice of food has a big impact on sperm. For example, a publication in The Journal of Biology and Reproduction, 2011, has shown that DHA (an Omega-3 essential fatty acid found in cod liver oil and salmon) aids in improving the morphology of the sperm. Increase in DHA levels can turn a sperm with a round head into a healthy sperm with a cone-shaped head and fill it with important enzymes that aid in egg-opening. Increase in levels of DHA also helps in improving sperm mobility. Another study has shown that men who consume an excess of 3 cups of coffee per day exhibit a reduction in concentration of the sperms as well as total sperm count along with poor quality of the sperm.
- Health of sperm can be improved by climaxing regularly: Production of semen is reduced due to irregular ejaculation or abstinence from sex.
- Wireless Technology is capable of damaging sperm: Recent studies have shown that laptops using Wi-Fi to connect to the internet damages sperm via non-thermal effects. Hence, scientists suggest that men should try to avoid keeping laptops on their laps directly and should keep their cell phones in places other than the pant pockets.
- Extra energy for penetrating the egg: The journey of a sperm is long and vigorous; an incredible amount of energy is needed to penetrate the ova. Naturally, there is a dearth of energy when the sperm finally reaches the ova. At this time, a stream of energy is provided because of a burst of progesterone from the female. This energizes the sperm, which in turn, helps in penetration of the egg.
- Protection: The immune system assumes that sperms are foreign invaders because they carry only half the DNA as compared to other cells. Hence, there are special protective cells present in the testicles that create a barrier which tends to attack the sperm cells.
- Life span: The publication of a study in Biology of Reproduction (1984) has stated that sperm cells, in appropriate conditions, have a life span of up to 5 days within a woman’s body.
- Negative impact of lifestyle choices on sperms: A number of studies have shown that men having habits such as smoking cigarettes, drinking alcohol, consuming caffeine and who are obese have hampered fertility. This has a negative effect on the health of a sperm. Men who frequently consume alcohol tend to exhibit poor sperm concentration and lowered sperm mobility. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
I am a 32 years female and have hiv positive for last 6 years and take the govt. Medicine. What should I do because I want to cure fully ?
Mind your headaches (All about headaches)
Headaches and migraines are one of the most common types of pains that patients can face. There are many types of headaches that may afflict people and there are a number of reasons that can be attributed as their cause.
Let's look at some of the types of headaches and their causes:
Facial headaches - This is an ache, which is usually centered on the face, the crown, and the forehead. In this headache, movements of the head and face may also cause problems.
- Causes: The main cause for facial headaches tends to be sinusitis, a condition in which the cavities in the skull get blocked. Sinusitis may also happen due to a cold as this has often been accompanied by a runny nose as well.
- Treatments: The best treatment for this issue would be to treat the underlying condition, i.e. the cold or the blockages. Using the prescribed variety of decongestants and inhalers can vastly improve the situation.
Migraines - This is an intense pain on one side of the head that can last for a few hours to a few days. Most of the pain is sometimes centered behind the eye, and many people report extreme sensitivity to light as well as sound. It can be debilitating to some people who suffer from a severe form of it.
- Causes: Migraines are one of the most complicated problems to diagnose and there can be a variety of reasons for it. Triggers may include food or lack of it and also be caused by other underlying physiological reasons.
- Treatments: Although there are certain painkillers, which are available, it is best to consult a doctor to know the root cause and thus, avoid the triggers or take appropriate medicines if necessary.
Tension Headaches - These headaches are induced by periods of stress, anxiety, anger and other mental distresses.
- Causes: These headaches are a result of stress, which may result in the decrease of the blood flow to the brain due to the stiffening of the head and neck muscles.
- Treatments: Over the counter drugs such as paracetamol or ibuprofen can help improve them, but it is better to consult a physician before undertaking self-medication.
Cluster Headaches - These are the most potent form of headaches that can be very painful. They usually originate as a piercing pain in the head with pressure on the eye and can even lead eye inflammation, and watery and droopy eyes.
- Causes: Certain neural functions originating from the hypothalamus can cause this issue and this type of headache may be triggered by alcohol, smoking or other forms of strong smells.
- Treatments: Generic painkillers may not be able to correct the issue quickly enough and this may require the administering of special injections or nasal sprays.