Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pradeep Gupta
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Pradeep GuptaYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctor, I am having mild pain in my lower abdomen since the last ten days and also had slight breast tenderness few days back which has now disappeared. Also feeling tired and my legs get numb at times. I have been trying to conceive, so please can you help me understand if these could be signs of pregnancy or something else that should be worried about. My period date is 5th July with a cycle of 30 days. Thanks a lot and anticipating a response soon.
I am 27yrs female. I am a SLE patient. I am getting married soon. Bt I m in worried about SLE problem. I have heard that it is very difficult to conceive. Please can you tell me is dat right or not. What precautions should be taken in pregnancy. At present. I m taking omnacortil 10 mg daily. Please give solution to this problem. I'll be very thankful to you.
I am female age 27 I am not getting mood to have intercourse with my husband. Even though I trying to do I don't feel sexy mood.
I am 35 years old I am on treatment of infertility because my follicle size was small but after taking medicine and esg shot I ovulated normally but I did not conceive .I have thyroid also .Now days I am feeling pain in my joints and ,palm .Is it normal.
I am virgin. I had unprotected sex one time and had sex only once in my life that to unsatisfied because of fear and pain. Having body pains, feel like restless, vomiting sensation and etc. Any one suggest any medicines. Do I get pregnant for once? My date was 5th. I had sex on 15th. I ask this question before also but one doctor said yes you 'll get pregnant and another said no chance. Whom I have to trust. Please confirm my answer. Yes or no.
Hi Doctor, I'm pcod and thyroid patient. Thyroid just got diagnosed one year back and Pcod is since 2008. I know few things are not good for my health like white rice, maida products and junk but I am very found off white rice Instant of junk and maida products. Please suggest me the right diet while noticed that I'm having pcod and thyroid issue. Also let me know is dairy products are farmfull for pcod patient? I really need to reduce my weight as I recently got married and worried about my future.
Today may be I'm 12 dpo & I tested then the result was negative but still I'm feeling weakness and frequent urination and feeling nausea and every sign of pregnancy. My due date of period is 3rd august.
I am 28 years old female from last 2 months we have done unprotected intercourse everyday for the baby planning and in the month of Aug I had twice period in one month When the bleeding start it was only one drop of dark brownish red .and it lasted about 3 days after that its bleeding normally as a normal period and that time before period comes till period goes I have cramps really bad? So just I need to know what's going with me can I have any chances for pregnancy? Or are my periods messed up?
According to contemporary medical studies, loss of sexual desire is more common in women than in men. As many as 3 in 10 women have reduced or limited sexual interest in any kind of sexual activity. While the medical term for this problem is Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder (HSDD), it is generally understood as a loss of libido.
There are multiple factors that contribute to this problem including psychiatric or physical disorders, relationship issues, hormonal disorders etc. Let us look at the causes of this disorder at length:
1. Medical Disorders:
- There are conditions such as endometriosis, fibroids and thyroid disorders that may have a negative impact on the sexual drive of a woman.
- Certain medicines such as antidepressants, oral contraceptives, and medicines that lower blood pressure may also negatively impact the sexual drive in women.
2. Hormonal Disorders:
- Dryness of the vagina and pain during sexual intercourse may affect sexual drive both mentally and physically.
- After menopause, drop in the count of testosterone hormone also affects sexual drive which can result in loss of libido.
- With advancing age, the level of androgens decrease, and hence results in a lack of sexual desire.
3. Lifestyle Disorders:
- In some of the cases, lack of emotional support in a relationship plays a significant role in the loss of libido. Post baby 'coolness' may also act as a driving force for loss in libido.
- In today's era, changing lifestyle is drastically affecting our lives. Following an unhealthy lifestyle may result in increased weight that may affect self-image, and indirectly may also affect the sexual desire.
- Stress and job, family pressure and exhaustion may also influence sexual desire of a woman.
4. Psychological factors
- Increasing cases of depression, anxiety, frustration, stress is also an important cause of loss of libido in the contemporary society.
- After childbirth, new moms tend to suffer from lack of sleep, insufficient lubrication of the vagina and exhaustion, which may affect her sexual desire.
The first and foremost step towards dealing with it is to make your partner understand your problem. Then, it is important to consult a doctor to find out the underlying cause, thereafter, treatment of the cause can normalize the condition. Since there are multiple causes of the problem, there are different ways by which the loss of libido can be easily managed and treated. Some of them are discussed below:
- Treatment of Hormonal Disorders: The doctors will suitably treat problems like thyroids or recommend surgical treatment for fibroids to manage HSSD.
- Change in Medications: Since some of the medications are responsible for the lack of libido, the doctors will replace the medications to reverse this lack.
- Addressing the psychological factors: Your doctor will either arrange for suitable psychiatric sessions or ask your partner to coordinate mutually.
- Sex Therapy/Relationship Counseling or Testosterone Therapy: While sex therapy or relationship counseling brings back the interest by effectively counseling the individual, Testosterone therapy involves off-label usage of testosterone hormone since it is not recommended by FDA.
Proper treatment and consulting a medical expert can reverse this disorder efficiently. So, talk about the problem more openly to seek proper guidance and cure. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.