Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Pradeep GuptaYour feedback matters!
Hi I am taking Novelon 21 day pill from june. Missed second last doubled with the last, break of 6 days from 2-7 july. Menses from 5-7july. New pack from 8th july. Protected intercourse but condom used thrice on 9th july (first timw intercourse) Next fully protected on 14th july (last intercourse) Missed 21st july pill doubled 22nd july night. Light bleeding on 22nd july morning (breakthrough bleed or implantation bleed?) Pill ended on 28th july menses from 1-6 aug. Negative hpt at 4,5,6,7,8,11,12 weeks all negative hpt done with first morning urine with different brands. No pills or intercourse after 1-6aug. Periods due on 1st sept as it dint came did a usg and hcg beta on 8th sept (10 weeks from first and 9 weeks from last intercourse) Hcg was 0.11 and usg shows pcod (no mention of pregnancy) Dr. Prescribed deviry 2 tab for 5 days for withdrawal bleed. But after taking just a single dose bleeding started from 11-16th sept. It was heavy. On 21st sept morning when I woke up I can feel my pelvic bone in the front (can it be due to exercises like crunches leg rise etc with weight loss? I was 72 in july 70 in aug and now I am almost 68 kgs) and after continuous touching I made it hurt. Scared went for usg on 21st sept (12 weeks ftom first and 11 weeks from lasr intercourse) Usg only showed bulky ovaries with pcod. I asked him if my uterus was normal he said its absolutely normal. Usg was transabdominal. The hardness yet not gone. Moreover m fln gassy all the time and I cn feel sensation under my rib and back and m passing lots of gas. M worried too. Finally ve taken an hpt with first morning urine at almost 12 weeks 6 days. And its negative. Can their still be risk of pregnancy? My menses was due on 11th october and it is now delayed by 5 days. I did not have any intercourse after 14th july. M not experiencing any pms symptoms. Moreover egg white cervical mucus is seen at various point of the cycle and my cervix is low. If I am having ewcm I should be ovulating and my cervix should be high then why is it low. And m having ewcm throughout my cycle. And my period is late. Does it mean I ve ovulated at all? Will I wait for my periods to come or will I again take tab deviry? Is their any risk of pregnancy? Do I need to redo hpt or BHCG test? M I 100% safe? Can BHCG be wrong after 2 months and was 11-16sept my natural period?
I am 37 year old. Now a day I feel white discharge from my vagina just like a fevicol type. For that I am not feeling well after sex. What should I do.
I've got irregular periods since my puberty. I've tried all types of treatments but in vain. I'm gaining weight constantly even though I work out, it is not possible. They say it is PCOD. I'm unmarried. Can you help me?
Doctor I got intimated one week ago We did not used any protection Within 24 hours I consumed an ipill Now after one week Im bleeding but not like as I always bleed Thick lining is coming out Blood is not coming only some kind of thick lining is coming out Can you please help me I can become pregnant or not I do not know what to do.
I have a problem of irregular menses like secondary amenorrhea. Please help me. How I can cure this?
Hyperpigmentation is a medical condition which occurs when an area of the skin becomes much darker in comparison to the rest of the skin tone. This happens due to an excess of a pigment called melanin. Hyper-pigmentation is fairly common and many people have reported this condition at some point in their lives.
Types of Hyperpigmentation
1. Lentigines or Freckled Skin: They are mainly freckles which arise on the skin.
2. Solar Lentigines: Although these are known as age spots, sun spots and liver spots they are caused primarily due to prolonged exposure to the sun.
3. Melasma: This condition mostly seen in pregnant women and is caused due to hormonal changes during pregnancy. Melasma typically manifests as pigmented and patchy areas of discoloration on the face except the eye area.
What causes hyperpigmentation?
- Hyper pigmentation can be hereditary i.e. passed on to children from parents
- Prolonged exposure to sun.
- Picking and poking at the skin can also cause hyper pigmentation.
- Medications such as hormone treatments, antibiotics and anti-seizure drugs may result in it as an unwanted side effect.
- Skin injuries due to bad forms of acne vulgaris and inflammation.
How Homeopathy Works on Hyperpigmentation?
Homoeopathy considers blemishes or pigmentation as a local expression of a systemic / internal disturbance. Homeopathy believes that skin disorders are a reflection of an internal imbalance and to be treated from within. The homeopathic medicines are selected after a full individualizing examination and case-analysis, which includes the medical history of the patient, physical and mental constitution, genetic predisposition and so on. While choosing homeopathic remedies the cause of pigmentation is evaluated, for example, mental stress, hormonal imbalances, sun exposure, nutritional deficiency, poor immune system and so on.
Homeopathic treatment, which gets to the root of the problem will reinforce the immune system and gradually restore the pigmented spots to the normal skin color. Homeopathic medicines restore the hormonal imbalance and control the excessive production of melanin. Homeopathy will not inhibit the natural process of the skin's melanin production. It will act on melanocytes to produce less melanin naturally thus strengthening the skin cells to stay healthy and remove excessive melanin in the skin. This improves the quality (texture) of skin, blemishes disappear and further discoloration of skin stops.
For fast recovery and to maintain the skin texture and glow homeopaths also use external creams which are purely prepared by homeopathic Mother tincture and low potency’s and are very safe and without any side effects.
Homeopathy medicines cure pigmentation from the root cause and assuring the patient of not facing the similar problem in future. Some of the common homeopathic medicines for treating pigmentation are:
- Medicines like Lycopodium Clavatum can be consumed if you experience grayish-yellow discolored face with blue circles around the eyes. It can also cure brown spots on the nose and face.
- Sepia offincinalis can treat chloasma (Yellow spots on the face and a yellow mark across the upper region of the nose and cheeks). This medicine also treats ailments during pregnancy and is best suited for patients who have dark hair.
- Thuja occidentalis should be consumed to treat dry skin with uneven brown spots. People who have waxy faces with dark under eyes should consume this medicine.
- Argenticum nitricum can also be consumed if your face looks pale, old and bluish. It is best suited for people who have tense, hard and brown skin with irregular brown blotches.
- Cadmium sulphuratum can treat yellow stains on the cheeks and nose. This usually worsens due to prolonged exposure to the wind and sun.
- Copaiva offincinalis reduces brown lenticular spots. These spots give a mottled appearance and can itch at times.
- Caulophyllum thalictroides can be consumed by women who experience discoloration of the skin due to uterine and menstrual disorders.
- Plumbum melallicum usually treat liver spots, hyper pigmentation and reduces the oil content of the face.
These remedies treat discoloration of the face along with liver spots, brown spots and excess oil formation of the face which is accompanied by hyperpigmentation.
However, the correct choice and the resulting relief is a matter of experience and right judgment on the part of the homeopathy doctor. The treatment is decided after thorough case taking of the patient. Thus homeopathic remedies of pigmentation are tailor-made and should be taken after consulting a specialized homeopath.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopathic and ask a free question.
I have been having discharge from my vaginal for sometime, though the fluid is clear, but I don't know why the discharge alway.
Am six week pregnant. Having a bleed slightly with no cramps. But am worried. I had some oral sex morning with husband. Why bleeding occurred.
What will be the cost for chlamydia syphilis gonnorheo STD checkup Or a total STD pack check up cost.
I have menstrual problem and every month it will be only for 2days so that gradually I am increasing my weight can you suggest me periods having for 5 days every month?
Myelopathy refers to any neurological deficit pertaining to the spinal cord. The three most common types of myelopathy are Cervical myelopathy, Lumbar myelopathy and Thoracic myelopathy. Here are the causes and symptoms of myelopathy.
- Injury: This is a very common cause of myelopathy. Any type of accident or even a traumatic event can cause myelopathy and perhaps even paralysis.
- Spinal stenosis: This is a condition in which the spinal cord narrows and is one of the leading causes of myelopathy.
- Degenerative disc disorders: As you get older, disc disorders are more likely to occur, as well as other conditions which affect the spinal column, such as osteoporosis, etc.
- Tumor: It is a little known fact that tumors very often do cause myelopathy.
- Multiple sclerosis: There are many other diseases, which may cause myelopathy and multiple sclerosis is one of them.
There are many indications that you are suffering from myelopathy and should consult a medical expert. Here are some of them:
- Change in coordination: It refers to the state, wherein, all of a sudden you may find it harder to move certain limbs the way you want to. Sometimes, it may affect your whole body as well.
- Sudden muscle weakness: It is highly likely, that if you have myelopathy then you will experience sudden weakness in your muscles.
- Decreased hand-eye coordination: This is perhaps the biggest indicator of myelopathy since hand-eye coordination is directly linked to your spinal cord and brain and if they are not functioning properly then hand-eye coordination will be affected.
These are just some of the symptoms of myelopathy, however, the doctor cannot diagnose myelopathy until he conduct certain tests. These tests include MRI scans and other tests as well as a regular physical check-up along with a check of your medical history.
Hi am 12 weeks pregnant and recently got my reports for thyroid. The TSH shows 5.850 value which I think is quite high during pregnancy. I think thats the reason I have been losing weight. My weight was 50 kgs n now m just 46.1 kg. My height being 5.7" M really worried about my health n d baby as well. Does thyroid harm the baby? And d medicines? What is safer. alopathic or homeopathic? I am always irritated since I hv conceived. So much of mood swings. I do not feel like eating anything. What is happening I am unable to understand. Please guide n help me with the problem n advise me with the best possible solution.
I watch porn movies n masturbate more often, recently after the masturbation I noticed that my testicle are sagging or lowered from the normal position, and I started feeling the movement of testicles. Sometimes I feel burning sensation n loosened skin of the testicle. Now I'm worried that will it cause infertility?
What is spinal stenosis: The narrowing of the gaps in the spine or the backbone is called as spinal stenosis. This leads to pressure on the nerves and the spinal cord. 5% of cases of spinal stenosis are seen in the low back of the lumbar spine. In some cases the narrowing of the spine leads to the compressing of the nerve root, which leads to pain in the leg.
Causes of spinal stenosis: It can be caused by aging, arthritis, trauma to the spine, spondylolisthesis and tumor of the spine
Symptoms of spinal stenosis: There is constant pain in the back and legs as stenosis pinches the nerve responsible for sensation and muscle power. Other symptoms are numbness and tingling in the legs, frequent falling and pain while walking.
Treatment of spinal stenosis:
- A routine program with exercises and physical therapy are the best treatment for spinal stenosis. The exercises are not a complete cure but they are beneficial in keeping the patient active. A physical therapy can be supervised and once the period of the same is over people easily transition to the exercise program. The key for exercise is starting slowly in order to build strength.
- Generally, the patients are counseled not to perform strenuous activities as that might worsen the symptoms of spinal stenosis. In case of lumbar stenosis, patients find it comfortable when they are flexed forward. The doctor might recommend walking while being bent over and leaning when using a walker if not walking upright; sitting in recliners is also recommended instead of straight back chairs.
- Injections of cortisone are usually given in the epidural space. This is believed to relieve the symptoms of spinal stenosis temporarily. Though there have been studies which question the use of these injections as they lead to the risk of osteoporosis related fractures. This is still being pondered over by the doctors as a suitable treatment option as it has its own benefits and risks.
- Medications such as the anti inflammatory medicines like ibuprofen or aspirin are helpful in controlling the symptoms of spinal stenosis. Narcotic drugs might also prove to be helpful if used with care and for a short while. This is helpful for severe pain related to the nerves. Muscle relaxants like gabapentins might also be recommended. In some case antidepressants might also be given to provide relief from pain.
Though side effects are a concern when using these medications and the patient should let the doctor knows about their allergies.