Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pradeep Gupta
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Pradeep GuptaYour feedback matters!
Platelet and Nutrition
Platelet are the thinest cells in the blood stream.
I t look like plates in their non-active state but in active state the tentacles that seems to the shape of spider or an octopus. Like other blood cells it is also made in blood marrow.
Role of platelet is to protect the body against excessive loss of blood, during injury, in the presence of wound or injury these cells migrate to site and bind the damaged blood vessels and forms the clot
In human body normally the platelet count range is 1,50000 - 4,50000 / microlitter
When the count is above the 4,50000 / microliter it is called thrombocythemia or thrombocythemia. The term thrombocythemia is used when the cause of higher platelet count is not known i.e. Primary or essential thrombocythemia. this condition occurs when the faulty cells in the bone marrow make too many platelets. While the higher platelet count due to any disease it is called secondary or reactive Thrombocytosis which more common than the thrombocythemia.
When the count is below 1,50000/microlitter the condition is called thrombocythemia. Low platelet count may result bleeding from nose, gums, under the skin (Purpura) in the forearm and pinpoint bleeds (Petechiae) on the legs. In womens long and heavy periods. Treatment should be initiated before the bleeding occurs because some time a huge drop of platelet count is sudden which may result uncontrolled bleeding resulting life threatening condition i.e Shock or Organ failure.
Treatment for Low Platelet: When the platelet count comes down comes down 10,000-20,000 then transfusion of Platelets is required or some sort of bleeding present in nose, gum & skin is present. Otherwise take Natural food which increases the low platelet count.
10 Foods That Increase Low Platelet Count:
1. Anar (Pomegranate): It is rich in iron and also contains vitamins. This fruit help to combact increasing platelet reduction with regular consumption & vitamins keep your energy levels steady.
2. Milk : It it has high calcium which helps to regenerate the platelet. Calcium content with vitamin K and milk protein “Fibrinogen” increases the Platelet count and improves the blood;s ability to form the clot. Calcium Deficiency can lead to your body much longer time in forming clot .
3. Folate Rich Food : Folate or B9 is essential for healthy cell division in the body. Sever deficiency of folate in body can result reduction in Blood Platelet. Daily intake of Folate is 400mg is required. When platelet count is low it’s consumption increases the platelet count. Food rich in Folate are Asparagus, Orange juice,Spinach and fortified cereals.
4. Lean Proteins: Lean proteins food are excellent source of Zinc and Vitamin 12 which are essential to reverse the effects of thrombocytopenia. In case of reduced platelet count take food like soyabean, spinach (Palak), blackbeans, cow’s milk, white of egg, Oatmeal, Fish and white meat chicken.
5. Papaya: Extract of leaf of papaya is excellent for overall blood production and increases the platelet count (Prepare extract of leaves by boiling leaves in medium heat for 15 minutes with water and wait till the water simms down to half ). Take leaf extract 2tsf twice daily.
6. Cod Liver Oil and Flax Seed Oil: These oils strengthen the Immune system many autoimmune disorders are cause of thrombocytopenia or low platelet count. These oils reduce the inflammation of in the body and improve the blood circulation throughout the body.
7. Vitamin A Rich Food: Vitamin A is essential for healthy platelet production, it also plays role in formation of Protein in body which helps in the process of cell division and growth. Carrot, Pumpkin, Kale and Sweet Potatoes (Sakarkandi).
8. Chlorophyll from Wheat grass: Wheat grass juice contains 70% of chlorophyll (The Plant Haemoglobin) have strong effect in overall blood production and increases the platelet count. Take ½ cup per day.
9. Vitamin K Rich Food: Vitamin K keeps cell growth at optimum level in the body. Life of platelets is only 10 days which is to be compensated continually to maintain te lost amount in the body, hence high calorie food for ideal production of blood platelets and vitamin K is one of the ingredient available in Eggs, Green leafy vegetables, Kale, Frozen Spinach, Mustard Greens Broccoli & Liver.
10. Macrobiotic Diet: To combat Thrombocytopenia in patients an vital anti inflammatory diet is recommended by Platelet Disorder Association which help in optimum blood production e.g. Whole grains, vegetables and organic beans is recommended while animal protein is to be avoided except Fish Yogurt & cheese.
We are lovers. Our parents did not accept our love. So we came out from our home. Nw we are living together. Planning for marriage. And convincing our parents. We both are upsc aspirants. Its our 2end attempt for this exam. Last time we both are failed in mains examination. This time preparing with full effort. All is going well. But unexpectedly crossed our limit. We had sex last week. Her period date is gone. 6 days late till nw she did not get period. Nw we afraid she is getting pregnant. This fear kills our studies. We can not do anything. She is a thyroid patient. Sometimes her periods delays upto 6 days. What we can do now. Irs very complicated situation. We do not want baby. We want to get job first. Please suggest a good idea.
Respected sir/ madam i'm 37 years old & crossed 1 year of married life. Now both of us are eagerly awaiting for a child since 6 months, but in vain. My ultrasonographic report of lower abdomen is normal. I'm a regular gym visitor. But still. I'm very upset regarding the matter. Please help out with your valuable advice.
पीरियड्स जिसे आम भाषा में मासिक धर्म कहा जाता है. महिलाओं को हर महीने होने वाला एक प्रकृतिक नियम है, जिससे उन्हें झुंझना पड़ता है. यह प्रकृति का नियम है. इसके दौरान महिलाओं को कुछ भी काम करने से पहले सोचना पड़ता है. आज इस लेख के जरिए हम आपको बताएंगे पीरियड्स जल्दी लाने की मेडिसिन और कुछ घरेलू उपाय, जो बिल्कुल सुरक्षित है और जिन्हें अपनाकर पीरियड्स जल्दी लाए जा सकते है. हालाँकि, पीरियड्स जल्दी लाने के कई कारण हो सकते हैं. जैसे मासिक धर्म चक्र का अनियमित होना, प्रेगनेंसी टालने के लिए पीरियड्स जल्दी लाना, स्तनपान कराना आदि.
इसके अलावा बहुत बार होता यह है कि जब भी कोई जरूरी काम होना होता है या कही जरूरी काम से जाना होता है, तो महिलाओं के पीरियड्स आने का टाइम भी तभी होता है. कुछ मामलों में देखा गया है कि महिलाओं को पीरियड्स में देरी भी होती है, जिसका कारण तनाव, मोटापा बढ़ना, थायराइड आदि हो सकते है. ऐसे में काफी महिलाएं सोचती है कि पीरियड्स जल्दी लाने की मेडिसिन की ओर रूख किया जाए. लेकिन आपको बता दें कि पीरियड्स जल्दी लाने की कोई दवा नही है. इंटरनेट पर आपको ऐसे कई लेख मिलेंगे जो दावा करते है और पीरियड्स जल्दी लाने की मेडिसिन का नाम लिख देती है. लेकिन आपको बिना डॉक्टर की सलाह के किसी भी दवा का सेवन नही करना चाहिेए. ऐसा करने के कई गंभीर साइड इफेक्टस हो सकते है.
जब आप डॉक्टर के पास जाती है, तो वह आपको Primolut N नाम की दवा का सुझाव दे सकते हैं. लेकिन इस दवा का काम पीरियड्स जल्दी लाने का नहीं होता है. इस दवा का प्रयोग पीरियड्स से जुड़ी समस्याओं का इलाज करने के लिए किया जाता है. जिनमें शामिल है -
- अनियमित पीरियड्स साईकल को नियमित करना
- पीरियड्स के दौरान अधिक ब्लीडिंग को रोकना
- पीरियड्स के टाइम दर्द कम करने के लिए
- इसके अलावा Primolut N का इस्तेमाल पीरियड्स की तारीख आगे करने के लिए भी किया जाता है. न कि पीरियड्स जल्दी लाने की मेडिसिन के रूप में किया जाना चाहिए.
हालांकि, Primolut N को गलत रूप से इस्तेमाल करने से कई तरह के साइड इफ़ेक्ट हो सकते है. जैसे -
- वजन बढ़ना या घटना -
- स्तन बढ़ना
- चेहरे पर बाल ज्यादा बढ़ना
- माइग्रेन होना
- डिप्रेशन होना
अगर साइड इफ़ेक्ट ज्यादा गंभीर हो -
- छाती में तेज़ दर्द होना
- रेश्स् होना
- निगलने में परेशानी
- कम दिखाई देना आदि हो सकते है. पीरियड्स जल्दी लाने की मेडिसिन या कहे कोई दवा, गोली नहीं होती है. लेकिन कुछ घरेलू उपचार आपकी मदद कर सकते है.
अगर बात करें घरेलू उपचारों की, तो सबसे अच्छी पीरियड्स जल्दी लाने की नेचुरल दवा है -
- पपीता - इसमें कैरोटीन होता है, जो एस्ट्रोजन हार्मोन को प्रोत्साहित करता है. जिससे पीरियड्स साइकल सही समय पर आती है.
- अदरक की चाय - एक दिन में 2 कप अदरक चाय का सेवन फायदा करती है. इसमें शहद, नींबू या तुलसी भी मिलाई जा सकती है.
- सेक्स - संभोग या कहे सेक्स पीरियड्स जल्दी लाने का अच्छा उपाय है. साथ ही इसे करने से तनाव से मुक्ति मिलती है और रोग प्रतिरोधक क्षमता में भी बढ़ोतरी होती है.
- गर्म पानी पैक - अपने पेट पर गर्म पानी की बोतल से सिकाई करना पीरियड्स नियमित करने का अच्छा तरीका है.
इनके अलावा नेचुरली पीरियड्स जल्दी लाने की मेडिसिन या उपचार है, विटामिन सी युक्त फल खाना, तनाव से दूर रहना, मसाले जैसे - मेथी, सौंफ, धनिया, तिल आदि का प्रयोग करना, नारियल पानी लेना और दालचीनी का उपयोग भी पीरियड्स जल्दी लाने की प्रकृतिक दवा के रूप में किया जा सकता है.
She is having periods. But her stomach is continuously paining. I gave "Meftal - spas" But still she is not normal. What should I do now? I'm very scared.
What is IVF?
IVF stands for In Vitro Fertilization and is a method of artificial insemination that dramatically increases the chances of pregnancy. It is one of the assisted reproductive technologies methods used as fertility treatment across the world where other methods have had drastic results.
In simpler terms, a man's sperm is inserted in woman's egg using controlled laboratory environment to proceed with fertilization. These embryos are then carefully put back into the mother's uterus after 4 to 5 days of fertilization in incubator in hopes that the embryo would grow in a full baby. The embryo transfer process needs to be carefully done in order for successful fertilization in the mother's womb.
There are many reasons why IVF is conducted:
- Poor sperm quality - Males having poor sperm quality are unable to achieve fertilization and increase the chances of conception with their female partners. This is male factor infertility due to which people move towards IVF.
- Fallopian tube problems - This is a female factor infertility, in which fallopian tubes either get blocked, or damaged making it complicated and stressful for the embryo to travel to the uterus.
One must approach IVF treatment with patience and a willingness to comply with all the tenets that the treatment is built upon. IVF clinics may vary the treatment a little according to what the patient's condition demands and different clinics may have different methods. The basic methods of IVF treatment however, remain the same. The first step to the treatment is to find the right clinic which complies with factors like availability of resources, cost and quality of treatment. After deciding the clinic, the next step is to understand that IVF treatment happens in cycles and the success rate of conception varies. Patients must also be ready to face any disappointment.
Here’s the short version of the steps involved in an IVF treatment cycle:
- Ovarian stimulation. Your doctor prescribes a course of drugs for you to take to stimulate your ovaries into hopefully producing 12 to 15 mature eggs.
- Monitoring of your drug response. To monitor the progress of your ovarian stimulation you undergo an ultrasound examination and blood tests.
- Egg maturation. Two days before your eggs are due to be collected you have a hormone injection, which triggers maturation of the eggs.
- Egg collection. You receive a light general anaesthetic for this simple, short procedure, and your doctor retrieves your eggs using an ultrasound-guided technique.
- Sperm production. On the day of egg collection, your partner provides a sperm sample.
- Fertilisation. The embryologist puts sperm and eggs together in the lab and, if all goes well, the eggs fertilise and early embryo development begins.
- Embryo transfer. Two to five days after egg collection, your doctor places one or two embryos in your uterus. Frozen transfer can be planned after a gap of 1 month.
- Embryo freezing. If you have additional embryos suitable for use, they can be frozen and kept for future transfers. Also, frozen embryos are available.
- Pregnancy test. About two weeks after embryo transfer you have a blood test to find out whether the treatment worked.
- If the test is positive, you have your first pregnancy scan two weeks later.
- If the test is negative, you and your partner need to talk to your doctor and decide whether to try the treatment again.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hie, doc. I m 5 months pregnant. I want to know your charges for normal as well as cesarean delivery. Please reply asap.
Wish to know the difference between mirena and multiload. I am mother of a five years old baby. My gyn at the time of my first child's birth suggested me mirena but now a gyne suggesting me that I should use multiload. I have no idea what's multiload. Please help.
Did you know that in addition to your diet, exercise is one of the best ways to make sure that you never lie on a hospital bed with a surgeon treating you for a bone disorder? Medical expertise has constantly pointed out to the fact that regular exercise makes your bones less likely to suffer from wear and tear during old age.
As you exercise, your muscles become stronger, your bone density increases and your balance improves. Of course, it goes without saying that you need to follow certain precautions before you exercise to avoid certain injuries.
Before starting any exercise program, make sure that you prepare your body for exercise. A brief warm up helps you to get your muscles ready for exercise. It also makes sure that your chances of injury are drastically reduced.
Here are some tips to keep your bones healthy:
Weight lifting: Weight lifting is a type of exercise that, if done correctly, will be extremely beneficial for your bones. You can opt for simple bodyweight exercises such as pushups and squats, which build muscle as well as strength. Avoid using very heavy weights as it causes back-related problems such as slipped disk.
Yoga: Yoga is another method of exercise which is very beneficial for bones and joints. The premise of yoga is static strength building wherein you hold a pose or an exercise for a certain period of time; this helps in strengthening your muscles. Along with your muscles, your bones also become stronger as you get fitter. Yoga is repetitive stress which is good for flexibility and hence keeps your joints supple and muscles in good shape. There are certain asanas which are weight bearing and anti-gravity postures can strengthen your bones.
Swimming: Swimming again is a good aerobic exercise and is good for back and over all fitness but doesn't strengthen bone per se. It is a way to keep you healthy. Swimming is a cardiovascular exercise, which is also known for its calorie burning capabilities. It is also very effective is incinerating fat and keeping your skeletal system healthy. Whereas walking and jogging and running certainly build your bones as they are weight bearing exercises.
Pilates: Pilates is a new form of exercise that has been gaining a lot of steam lately. It does not require much equipment, as you can get started with just a mat. It is very effective in working your spine and the hips, thus keeping your lower back strong. A weak lower back increases the chances of bone disorders drastically. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an orthopedist.