Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Pradeep GargYour feedback matters!
What is Healthy Diet???
Very often in my schedule, a question similar to this one comes up- What food is good for my teeth?? Can I eat chocolates, Ice-creams, Cakes etc without damaging my teeth?? What makes a healthy food??
So let us discuss these questions one by one in the coming posts, starting from the question- 'What is healthy food?'
We are what we eat. Thus having a healthy diet will render us healthy. Healthy food is one that includes the following major food groups in your everyday meal:
- Fruits and Vegetables;
- Bread and Cereals;
- Milk and Dairy Products;
- Meat, Fish, and Eggs.
There should be adequate amount and proportion of all these food groups in our diet. Our diet should include nutrients adequately met for maintaining health, vitality and general well being and also makes provision for a short duration of leanness.
Food pyramid gives us a pictorial representation of food groups that should be included in Balanced Diet or Healthy Diet. This new food pyramid also includes exercises to emphasize its importance.
So now make sure you include all food groups in proper proportions and enjoy a new yourself from healthy food habits.
My friend has missed her period, she is confused whether she is pregnant or not, what are the early sign of pregnancy an how to detect it. An which test can be done at home to know whether she is pregnant or not.
I'm having an irregular periods for example once in 3months I tried many home remedies but I didn't get the best results and I need your suggestion please help me.
Ovarian cyst observed in both left and right sides 32x29 mm complex cyst endometrium in right 14x13 mm small cyst in left please suggest, worried about conceiving.
Me and my gf had sex unprotected and due to that she had taken ipill. After that we again had sex but after 5- 8 day and she again had taken ipill so she had take it twice a month. Then she started having her periods which was unusual as she had already had her period for that month and also having itching during the periods and now she had started having pain in her thigh and a little swelling and she smoke also. I am really worried so please help me.
I am on birthcontrol pills since 7 months. My period is to come on 1st I had used protection on the first time the same day later during the second time we had unprotected sex though he did not ejaculate inside me. Do I need to take I pill in order to protect myself from pregnancy?
My girlfriend are 4 weeks pregnant we are not married so we want to avoid child please tell me some medicine Or tell me some precaution at sex time.
Gud evening sir/ madam meri wife ki pregnancy conform hai 8 day uper ho gaye hai sahi medicine batana .
With the advent of the internet and it's free nature, pornography has become one of the most viewed explicit contents of the internet. Though not made for adolescents, pornography is viewed by a large number of teenagers and young adults. Sex education is highly necessary for teens and young adults and pornography can never be substituted for sex education. Read on more to find all about it.
1. Pornography is an act
The porn industry like all other industries exists for profitability and actors who indulge in explicit sexual activities on screen are professionals and the scenes are entirely scripted. The purpose of sex education, which is to provide knowledge about a person's own sexuality is lost in porn. Similar to romantic movies, which are far off from reality, pornography is also a fantasy.
2. Pornography is focuses on the act itself
Sex education is not just learning about sexual activities or preferences, but also about learning reproductive sex, safe sex, reproductive health, birth control and also emotional relations and responsibilities. Pornography is graphic by its nature and does not provide any knowledge on these subjects, which are of utmost importance as comprehensive sex education is necessary for every single person.
3. Pornography gives out the wrong message
The different positions or ways,which actors perform in pornography might be admirable, but it should be kept in mind that pornography has a purpose and it is not providing sex education to adolescents and young adults. When engaging in sexual activities with your partner, their level of comfort, their consent and their preferences matter the most. So knowledge gained from pornography is in most cases faulty. Also keep in mind that there is a stark difference in what is shown in porn and what happens in real life. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
My cousin is 24 years old unmarried girl. She is pregnant of 4-5 weeks. Our family want to abort because of obvious reasons. My question is 1. Is abortion safe? 2. Is that painful and critical? 3. How much time it takes? 4. What is the cost involved in it? Please suggest some way. Thanks.
I am 23 years old. And I am pregnant and 8 months completed. Suffering from edema. What precautions I have to take in this state.
Hello Sir/ Madam, My age 29 yrs. I am a unmarried girl. My problem is- my menstrual timings is not good. Means my menstrual timings is every 20 - 22 days. And it's heavily bleeding. So after menstrual timing I feel weakness. So do the needful.
After my 1st pregnancy in 2010, I started putting weight. The other irregularities also started in 2011 and the tsh level also was on the higher limits of normal range. Then I consulted with endocrinologist, he suspected pcod and gave me metformin 500 mg and Diane 35 mg. Then the cycle became regular. As my life style lacks physical activity I started gaining weight. In 2014 I had about of iron deficiency anemia and treated with iron injection. The irritability and hirsutism became more after 2012.
My Pap smear showed moderate neutrophilic infiltrate. My gynecologist advised me to take zifi oz, Izra d and signoflam twice a day for 7 days. From 5th day onwards, I'm experiencing on and off itchy hives. Could this be side effects of any of these medicines? And what should I do further?
My friend is married. At the time of intercourse bleeding starts for a couple of hours she won't understand weather it's period or what. Bcoz it never happened before. please reply thanks.
The news of cancer will always hit you hard and you must begin to steel yourself for the battle ahead. It is immensely important to maintain a healthy diet throughout the phase. There is a certain power in fresh produce that bring about optimal health. Here, we will discuss the magic vegetable, broccoli and its several benefits to help fight cancer.
Broccoli is known to have the power to bust cancer. But how is it so? Part of the cruciferous vegetable family, broccoli contains sulforaphane, which helps boost the secretion of enzymes that help to protect cells from harmful cancer causing chemicals. It is one of the most powerful anti carcinogens that can be found in food. Broccoli has a powerful type of this sulforaphane that gives its exceptional cancer fighting abilities. It is also helps to cut down the cancer causing elements in the air around you, thus helping to prevent the risk of throat cancer.
But what is important is that we should try to prevent cancer rather than fighting it later. A good diet of the right nutrients can do the trick. There have been thousands of studies as to the importance of cruciferous vegetables to fight cancer, broccoli being one of the most vital. It has been known to significantly reduce the risk of cancer and is like a natural dose of chemotherapy and hence a 'superfood'. This sort of natural chemoprevention is a natural and cheap way out of the expensive chemotherapy usually used.
Broccoli also contains indole compounds that are plant chemicals that change the metabolism of estrogen and hence decreasing the risk of breast cancer. It has been seen that those who eat more portions of broccoli in a week, are known to be less prone to prostate cancer. If you can eat only half a cup of broccoli a day, you can protect yourself from colon, lung, stomach, and rectum cancer.
More and more scientific trials are being conducted so as to ascertain how exactly and to what extent broccoli is useful in not only preventing cancer, but also curing it. Rest assured, be sure to add some broccoli to your diet from today!
Any ailment can cause a breakdown of one's overall well-being due to the onslaught of related symptoms, and sinus problem is no different. Sinusitis refers to inflammation or swelling of the tissue that lines the sinus, which are passages filled with air and lie in the nasal tract.
Sometimes, these passages get blocked with germs, fluid and other elements that can give rise to infections and allergic reactions. Here are the ways in which this condition can affect your health:
- Related ailments: One of the most common outcomes of sinus blockage is common cold, which can happen when the passages do not get proper movement of air. Further, it can also cause allergic rhinitis which is also known as hay fever and comes with its own set of symptoms like a runny nose, blocked nose and ears, watery eyes and other signs. A build-up of nasal polyps can also take place in the blocked path of the sinus, while the nasal cavity can also shift, causing a deviated septum.
- Pain: We have many sinuses that are located in various parts of our head, including the areas above and below the eyes. As a part of the sinus attack, one may experience pain and fluid fullness in these areas. These regions can ache when there is a sinus infection. This pain can also be caused by the dull pressure exerted by inflammation, and the pain can then travel down to jaws, teeth and even between eyes.
- Headaches: The constant pressure and persistent pain in the various areas containing the sinus can lead to long term headaches which will be at their worst in the mornings. This is due to the fact that the fluids have been accumulating throughout the night. These headaches can get worse if there is a change in the temperature.
- Congestion: Congestion is also a common symptom of sinus infection. The swollen sinuses can lead to constrictions in the nasal passage, which can obstruct normal breathing. This will lead to congestion, which can also affect the senses of taste and smell.
- Cough and discharge: A patient suffering from a sinus infection may end up blowing his or her nose more often than normal. This will usually happen because a yellowing greenish discharge will drain into the nasal passages on a regular basis during the infection. When this discharge bypasses the nasal tract and reaches the throat, it can also cause persistent coughing. It is best to ask for medical intervention and practice steaming to relive the painful symptoms of this condition.
The disruption of the normal female cycles of menstruation and ovulation after the age of 45 and the loss of her ability to conceive naturally is known as menopause. The associated symptoms of menopause are heat flushes, insomnia, weight gain, depression, nausea and fatigue. While hormone replacement therapy is the most common procedure to provide relief from menopausal symptoms, natural homeopathic remedies can also be used for the same. These remedies are completely safe as opposed to hormone replacement therapy which has a number of side effects.
The following homeopathic medicines and remedies can be used to treat menopause:
- A balanced diet which provides you with optimal nutrition can be helpful in treating menopausal symptoms. When you get enough vitamins and minerals, the physical discomfort caused by the symptoms can be reduced greatly.
- Phosphorus can help with migraines, extreme sweating, numb hands, fast pulse, memory problems and dry and itchy skin. Foods high in phosphorus content are meat, fish, cheese, nuts and seeds of pumpkins, sunflowers etc.
- Excessive deposition of fat can interfere with the hormonal cycles and cause imbalances in the level of estrogen and progesterone. So, regular yoga and exercise can be helpful.
- Amylenum nitrosum can provide relief from profuse sweating, shortness of breath and palpitations.
- Phytoestrogen or dietary estrogen is a compound found in foods such as soybeans, oats, barley, carrots, fenugreek, rice etc. Phytoestrogen can provide natural relief from menopausal symptoms.
- Aurum metallicum is used to get the tissues and organs to function normally again and control feelings of anxiety and claustrophobia.
- Aconitum napellus (wolf's bane) is a flowering plant and its extracts can reduce panic attacks, heat flushes, over excitability and depressive symptoms.
- Argentum nitricum is a nitrate compound of silver which is used to control excessive bleeding in the pre-menstrual stages.
- Belladonna (deadly nightshade) is beneficial for a large number of symptoms such as headaches, fatigue, insomnia, frequent urination, osteoporosis, abnormal weight gain and other nervous disorders.
- Bryonia alba, a flowering plant, is used as a remedy for vaginal infections, rashes and vaginal dryness that are common during menopause.
- Natrum muriaticum, in small amounts, helps to reduce stress. Stress can cause problems in thyroid function, cognitive functioning, digestive system functioning and it can elevate blood pressure levels rapidly.
- Nux vomica (strychnine) is a common homeopathic medicine for nausea, vomiting and indigestion. These problems are seen frequently in menopausal women, especially after meals at night. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.