Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Pradeep ChatreeYour feedback matters!
Urine discharge in small drops al through out day, even after urinating. Wat r causes n symptoms of this.
I Have stone of 14 mm in my left ureter since last 4 months. But I am not having any type of pain. What I have to do?
I feel urgency for urination. Got my USG done. Early median lobe. Prostate size 23grm. Discomfort in the right side of lower abdomen. please advice.
Actually my penis has a curve downwards and I want to straighten it a bit. I don't have any pain when my penis erects but after masturbation when the penis erects I feel some kind of pain. And after masturbation when I urinate I feel some kind of burning sensation. Is it okay?. Or is it a problem?. Due to the curvature it looks small. Can someone suggest me something which I can perform at home?
MY problem is related to Routine of urination. I checked sugar test but its not there. Please help me. What my problem (winter time more than 20 times?
I Am 27 years Old thing I want to tell that just yesterday I did some x-rays of my kidneys I have 1 calculus stones measuring 0.5 CM inside my right kidney and 1 calculus stones measuring 0.5 CM in the right side of ureter, now whats happening is for last couple of days, when ever I take my.
For kidney problems it is suggested to boil the coriander and parsley leaves and to drink the water. Please inform on what frequency it is to be consumed and how many times to be consumed per day and what is the quantity to be consumed each time.
Sometimes blood bleeding from her back hole (bath hole) while go for bathroom. Please give suggestions which food she should take food to avoid bleeding. She takes tea thrice a day.
My creatinine level is 1.2 and had nephrectomy in 2001. So far my creatinine levels were maintained. I take regular medications for cholesterol and HTN.
Hi sir I am 19 year old. Mere dono side stone (pathri) hai. Jiska mai abhi kisi wajah se illaj nahin karwa pa raha hu kya aap m7jhe ye bata sakte hai ki mai khane me kya kya khau aur kis cheej se parhej karu please heLP me sir.
I am 16 years old boy and I have protein loss in my urine since the age 3. Doctor told this is due to kindey's dysfunction. I was under medication till I was 10. Later I recovered it and doctor had stop giving me medications. For past three months I going very lean. I am 168cm tall but I weigh only 45kg. Later when my urine test was done I found my creatine level in urine was 269.1 mg/dl. But now it is coming down to a normal rate. I am energetic sometime n dull some times. What does this mean? Will I be able to build a healthy muscled body? I am vegetarian. What should I eat to increase my weight n muscles? Going to gym will help me?
One single kidney in place of two is a scenario which is often termed as solitary kidney.
Who has a solitary kidney?
- Their body functions normally and are generally not unhealthy. This is also known as renal agenesis.
- In some cases, people are born with two kidneys with just one of them healthy and fully functional. The other one does not function fully or partially. This condition is known as kidney dysplasia.
- A person who had to undergo a kidney removal surgery (nephrectomy); such a surgery is conducted when a person has an infected kidney or diseased, malfunctioning/cancerous growths on the kidney.
- A person who has donated a kidney to someone who required kidney transplantation.
What potential health risks does a person with a solitary kidney have?
- Normally, a person born with a single kidney does not have any such potential health risks. They are generally healthy and lead normal lives.
- Later in life, there may or may not be slight loss or degradation in the functioning of the kidney.
- The life span of a person with a single kidney is normal. There is no apparent effect on the mortality rates.
What kind of special diet must a person with a single kidney follow?
- There is no need of any such special diet for a person with a single kidney.
- Normal healthy balanced diet with all the essential nutrients should suffice.
- You must be careful about your animal protein intake and calcium supplements.
- Drink sufficient quantity of water to remain hydrated all day and prevent the urine from turning acidic.
- Controlled consumption of alcohol and caffeine is a must. It is also important to reduce the consumption of aerated drinks.
Exercises and Physical activities for a person with a single kidney:
- A person with a solitary kidney can function like any other normal individual.
- You may also participate in sports. However, you must take enough precaution to prevent injuries to your kidney. Proper padding and protection around your lower abdominal region and back is of utmost necessity.
- You can hit the gym, run a marathon and nothing is impossible for you. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.