Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pradeep AgrawalYour feedback matters!
Need to know abt my baby.He is born on 29th jan 2015 , jst completed 1 month. M worring abt him as he is puiking many times after feeding. Jst let me knw is it the thing to worry abt
My 6.5yrs old boy is very thin and short.Hes not gainin weight since his birth.He had multiple probs wen hewas born like his lungs were not functioning.Wsonly 1kg at d time of his birth. At present his weight(11kg) is very less compared to.His age.So plz tel me wat to do to gain his weight n height
My child is of 4 months. He got loose motion due to infection because I feed him through bottle also please suggest me remedy.
Hello Doctors, My son has completed his 7 month on 7th july and he can not respond like saying tata waving byebye to us. Nor say any words like gaga mama. But he can crawl and try to stand. I wanna ask is there any thing to worry about? As he is not responding to us.
Hi. My baby age is 17 months now her weight is 11 kgs and she is not taking food properly n she drinks buffalo milk. please help me.
My 3 year old is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she can not keep anything down including liquids. What should I do?
Children have never been good at listening to their elders but they have never failed to imitate them. Best way to effectively teach children something is by being a role model to your kid. Kids want to know there is a shared journey. Elders shouldn’t do the same stuff they deny.
It is World Asthma Day. Let us all join hands and control it.
Remember 'Prevention is the best strategy'
Asthma is a disease of the airways in the lungs.
You can get asthma at any age. You can not catch asthma from other people. Many times more than one person in the same family has asthma.
Airways carry air to the lungs. Airways get smaller and smaller like branches of a tree.
When asthma is under control, the airways are clear and air flows easily in and out.
When asthma is not under control, the sides of the airways in the lungs are
always thick and swollen and an asthmatic attack can happen easily.
During an asthma attack, less air can get in and out of the lungs. People a cough and wheeze. The chest feels tight.
The sides of the airways get even more swollen, squeezed and start to make mucus.
Preventive medicines for asthma are safe to use every day.
- You can not become addicted to preventive medicines for asthma even if you use them for many years.
- Preventive medicine makes the swelling of the airways in the lungs go away.
Monitor the signs and symptoms of this disease and Be prepared.
Always have asthma medicine. Buy before you run out and Always carry your quick-relief asthma medicine with you when you leave home.
My child is suffering from fever. On the first day, he is having 102 Fahrenheit and now i. E. After three days - 101 Fahrenheit. He is 15 years old. His eyes are red. When he eats spicy food, he is having motions too. Would you consult me tablets.
As a parent, we all love our children deeply. And most of us will agree that these days parenting is very demanding and exhausting instead of pleasurable and joyous process. What has changed? It is not that children are any different. The difference is in the environment around them with stronger social influences; and this also affects the way we parent. In today's more democratic and egalitarian world; 'Do as I say and not as I do' style of parenting does not work. But, 'I will do as I see you doing' phrase from kids define our parent child relationship.
With change in social environment and influence, our strategies for correcting their behaviour and impart discipline has to undergo adaptation! When there are so many confusing and conflicting signals reach to our kids from their environment, whether we like it or not, we are still their role models. How positive parenting style will help? The core principle of positive parenting is to accept your child as an individual. We are in a democratic society and family is a small yet important part of society. Democracy does not mean allowing disrespectful and irresponsible behaviour; rather to effectively help kids change their behaviour and create harmonious and cooperative relationship with them. It also means that we as a parent need to learn to think, act and react in a different way.
Through, positive parenting, you will learn respectful disciplining methods, which would work better than demanding compliance. Through these principles and tips you will get your child to listen without screaming, nagging, reminding or evoking rebellious behaviour. More importantly this is all about building stronger relationship bond with your children and nurture them through early childhood to teen age years as they become independent, responsible, capable, kind, happy and successful young adults.
Tips to get you started:
- Everyone deserves to be treated with respect and dignity, including children.
- When your kid misbehaves instead of shouting or hitting, control your anger and respond in a calm and respectful way. Calmer but firmer tone and lower voice, yet not giving into their repeated demand, is much more effective as a discipline tool compare to nagging.
- Understandable that you have a lot on your plate, such as work, managing and keeping the home in order, managing meals and other outside responsibilities, kids sports or extracurricular activities, family obligations and so on. It is easy to get lost in all these 'have to do' activities. Parenting shouldn't be just one more task to deal with. Reconnecting with your parenting goals and aspirations periodically will help take the stress out of it and add fun into it. Spend some time daily (10 minutes will do as well!) to just listen and enjoy your child (without correcting them or giving them suggestion to improve!).
- Let your love for them be the driving force. Shift your internal conversations from 'have to' to 'want to'. As you do enormous things for your child each day, think how you are supporting their ambitions. How you are helping them become independent and strong. How you are nurturing qualities like compassion and deep listening by extending yourself.
- Give promises and keep them. As your children grow they need much more than your words to trust and rely on you. Keeping your promises, letting them know if you need to change the plan, taking their opinion in appropriate matter will go a long way.
- Seek to understand and do not impose yourself on your child. Especially when they are in their teenage, as a parent you have lot of worries, you are afraid of them making mistakes and of course you want to protect them from vices. Listening to them while keeping your focus on genuinely understanding them is the only way to go, when they know you understand them and they can trust you, the street between both of you turns two way street! They will be open to your wisdom and suggestion when they are at the cross road.
- Last but not the least, 'be a role model'. Don't preach. If they see you disrespecting others, they will not respect you. If they see you hooked on your smart phone; that is their license to keep theirs in front of their eyes 24/7. If you are hooked in front of the TV till late night and haven't picked up a book in last 6 months. Advice about reading is going to fall on dumb ears. In short, be the change you want to see in your children.
- Have family nights at least once in a week, play cards, board games or go for a walk together. Talk and listen. Just be there and listen without judgement and criticism, without thinking about how to correct them. Just enjoy each other's company and see how they are changing their opinion about you. Positive parenting doesn't mean you will never have problems in your family. You will? if you are alive and growing family. Positive parenting style will open up the avenues to keep communication alive; it will open your children to your influence. Isn't it something that we all wish for!!
My 3.5 years old Son is suffering from ACUTE TONSILITES, what is the BEST remedy except removing them, he is vomiting, hesitant to eat. Etc.
My baby is 4 months old and is having loose motion from a past few days. I consulted the paediatrician and he prescribed enterogermina and walamycin suspension for 1 week telling the reason to be mouthing. My child was ok until he was taking the medicine but even after completing the course he has returned to his previous condition. And today he is feverish too. Pls suggest me what can I do?
The journey to parenthood begins long before the baby arrives, long before the expectant parents ever set eyes on the new life they have created. Being a parent is hard and exhausting, mentally, physically and emotionally. As a mother, one goes through a journey that encompasses huge changes to her body, her emotional state of mind, career, relationship with partner and her entire outlook on the world around her but, let's not forget the emotional impact on fathers too.
There is no, particular psychological pathway to parenthood as every couple's experience is shaped by a unique set of circumstances; their own childhood memories of their parents, observations of other parents and by the type of relationship they have with each other.
Being parents changes you: Becoming a parent changes two fundamental things: first, your perception about yourself, and secondly, it changes the nature of your relationship with your partner. You need to understand that you're no longer two independent adults but a team. You have to prioritize the needs of your child over and above your own needs. The sooner you realize and implement this in your life, the better you turn out as a parent.
Planning is essential: As an expectant couple, you need to plan and prepare, not to guarantee a result, but to open their minds to the vast enormities of the life changes that you are about to experience. This way you will be better prepared and equipped to cope with the challenges and situations that may come your way. You should try to imagine what your life will be like, after the baby arrives, realistically. The pregnancy period is an opportunity for both - the mother and the father, to run through a psychological rehearsal of "life after the birth of baby". Although it is, unrealistic and impractical for the expectant parents to think that, they can strategize for every conceivable scenario related to new parenthood, what so ever it may be, however, they can use the nine months of pregnancy to begin to reflect on how a baby will affect their relationship.
My child was new born baby she is three months, for me milk level is low so please give me some tips to increase my feeding.
Hi, I have a 4 month old girl child. Please suggest how to care for and how to treat for best grow. And suggest any books, literature or tools which help us better. Thanking you.
My son is fifteen months old and his weight is 9.5 kg. Is it normal? He is pre matured baby born with 2.5kg. But he is very active and all his activities were done correctly at each month. His developments are good but he doesn't gain weight. What to do?
Hi my baby has a blood infection caled streptococcus agalactia from the 3day of she was born, since then she is in nicu. Could anyone suggest if the treatment is for 14 days, we have done crp test which was 130 earlier and now it is 70 with lp test which is normal now (was these test required). Does she need to be still kept in nicu till 14th day.
What is ADHD?
ADHD refers to attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder, which is a brain-related condition found among preschoolers, children, teenagers and in many cases extends well into adulthood. These individuals have significant impairment in academics as well as social situations and interpersonal relations. The child has difficulty sustaining attention, phases of hyper activeness and cannot control his/her impulses which make their day to day life at school and home difficult.
The symptoms of this disorder among children can be categorized under three headings.
1.Hyperactivity which includes -
- Fidgets often
- Inability to stay at one place runs around and tries to climb things
- Trouble playing quietly
- Excessive talking
2. Inattention, which can be divided into symptoms like
- Getting easily distracted
- Tendency to loose things
- Facing problems related to organizing things
- Not listening carefully
- Forgetting about daily activities, carelessness
- Interrupts others as they speak and talks out of turn
- Answers questions without listening to what has been asked
- Not being able to wait for their turn to come
10-12% of school children before puberty are affected by one or more types of ADHD. ADHD especially hyperactivity is more prevalent in boys than in girls, with the ratio up to 9:1. Inattention and poor concentration are more commonly seen amongst girls. The rate of ADHD in parents and sibling of children with ADHD is 5-10 times higher than in the general population.
The probable causes of ADHD among children are,
1. Neurodevelopmental changes - Poorly developed activity of the brain particularly in the areas that control attention and concentration cause ADHD. This causes an imbalance in the neurotransmitters or the chemicals important for brain functioning and development.
2. Genetic Factors - genetic studies show that ADHD is largely hereditary in nature with a heritability of 75% approximately.