Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychologists from across India. You will find Psychologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Sex Addiction Counselling
I want to become a singer like My voice is not so good. I want to make my voice sweet. What should I do to make my voice sweeter. Suggest answer.
During meditation should I close my eyes, on what picture should I concentrate my mind. Or Should I concentrate on a point on wall or chart?
Sir im not a weed addicts and even smoking also but when ever I had weed its really suitable for me comparison to normal life or weed life I can understand things properly comparison to normal life when im in normal position I felt like uncomfortable to talk another person so can I take a one cigarette of weed per day ?
I lost somebody last and feel very depressed and can not concentrate in any work I do not know how to come across the depression.
My daughter is sleeping. Day and night she feels bore always and not interested in day today life. She does not like to go out lonely because of more fear. What can I do for It.
I have lipid profile issues; cholesterol and SGOT high. They are under control with medication, levels are 177 and 41.4 respectively. I take Atorvastatin 10 g, ecosprin 75 g, fenofibrate and a multi vitamin - all one daily for past 16 yrs. For the past 3 years I suspect that my memory is weakening. I forget names, events and belongings on a daily basis. Both parents suffered Dementia in their late 70s. Please advise, my age is 66.
I am not able to concentrate on my education. When I sit for studying, I have started thinking on other matters. What should I do for better concentration?
I m ly 19 years old but I think I m losing my memory power I easily forget things which. I read I couldn't remember names dates facts it's is a big hectic to me wht are it causes and how can I overcome it.
My mother having problem of over talking, I can't understand why it's happening. What can I do, please help me!
Hi I can' t sit on chair for long time to do my writing works as I am feeling as if my body is becoming unsteady. Is it psychological or physical? suggest alternative medicine to get rid from this problems.
Sir, I am suffering from excess anxiety for some years. I tried doing pranayam and yoga that helped but those brought excess vibrations and aching in my body. I am not taking any medicine for that. My sleep quality is poor. Please help.
I have a problem in my concentrating power so that I cannot concentrate on my studies and other things if someone gave something to put down, then I forget where I had put that thing, this is my problem please help.
Depression follows the trajectory opposite to contentment. It has adverse effects on a person's mental and physical health. Being depressive is not a choice; it is a condition. The fact that despondency is not an elected way of life is a mystery to many. People surrounding a depressed person should make conscious efforts in treating them with love and dignity. Subjecting a person to strict deadlines, stringent rules or excessive pressure could worsen their situation.
Ways to tackle a depressed family member:
- Create occasions to enjoy a hearty laugh: If you have a family member suffering from depression you should probably share the benefits of laughter with him or her. Laughter is the best medicine to remedy acute depression. Look for opportunities to crack a joke or make the concerned person play with a pet. You can also take the person to watch humorous movies.
- "You are impossible" is the worst way of approaching a problem: In many cases a depressed person is reported with instances of negativity. Though the expressed negativity makes you feel morbid, do not give up on your family member. The person involuntarily finds reasons to feel hopeless. You should never think the case is beyond any kind of betterment.
- Keep them in a positive environment: Positive ideas can counter dejection. Help the person plan for a great future. Lay stress on how important that person is to you and to the world in general. Keeping one's mind creatively occupied can prove to be effective. Music or any other passion for that matter can help a person get over phases of depression.
- You should not associate depression with perpetual sadness: Depression can have plenty of symptoms. The symptoms vary from one person to another. While some people lack in motivation some might want to harm themselves or others. Many become a recluse. The minute you associate depression with sadness you limit your overview of the actual problem.
- Help the family member take his or her medicines diligently: While counseling helps a few patients of depression some others require medication. A bout of depression will dissuade a person from sticking to his or her medical routine. As a loved one it is your due responsibility to persuade him or her to take medicines regularly.