Lybrate.com has top trusted Veterinarians from across India. You will find Veterinarians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Veterinarians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prabhjot
Treatments For Birds
Neurosurgery In Dogs And Cats
Services For Birds
Treatment For Reptiles
Veterinary Dental Prophylaxis
Veterinary Surgery Soft Tissue
Submit a review for Dr. PrabhjotYour feedback matters!
Hi. 5 days before my dog died Without any symptoms. In my village nearly 30 dogs died within 10 days. Can you please tell what may be the reason.
Hi my dog is 10 years old and he his having a red paws infection in his paws can we give the medicine namely evoxil 500.
Hi i have a black lab and he is 8 years old. He feels a little problem when he stands and his legs shake a bit. Pls advice me for this issue?
My pet dog scooby,12 years old,eats well ,passes normal stools.But always sleeping.Not active as before.
Caring for your horse can make this strong animal healthier and interactive and a long-lived companion for you. Horses are quite hardy and amazing animals but they require good care for sustainable health and prevention of diseases. Horse owners, particularly those who are inexperienced are often unaware of what they should do to care for their horse and with these few tips, the task of caring for your horse would not be quite difficult.
- Take your horse to the grooming area: When you have a horse, you must also have a distinct space outside the regular stall where you groom your pet. You must tie it up so that it cannot wander about when you are trying to groom it. Grooming the horse can be a messy job and thus, you should wear old and rugged clothes.
- Cleaning the dust off the horse’s coat: A rubber curry brush would help you to loosen up the dirt seated on the coat. You will have to move the brush in a circular motion over its body except for the face and legs since there is a chance of hurting the sensitive skin on these areas. A dandy brush would aid in removing the dirt from the surface of the coat and you should move the brush in short strokes so that the dirt falls off its coat. It is important to ensure that you are clearing the dirt in a flicking motion as it would otherwise cause irritation and itchiness on the horse’s skin.
- Use electric clippers for trimming the hair: If there are areas which need to get trimmed, you should invest in a good quality electric clipper for trimming off the hair and make your horse’s coat appear more neat and polished. You can also use a mane comb for untangling the tail and mane of your horse but you should be gentle and careful while using your fingers so that no hair is broken or pulled out.
- Bathe your companion as required: If you think that your pet horse is too dirty, you should give it a bath. It can start with showering down the whole body with lukewarm water for clearing off all the dirt in the coat and prepare it for shampooing. You can look for shampoo specifically designed for the horse and massage the coat with the help of a curry brush and then rinse off thoroughly. After rinsing off the shampoo, you should apply conditioner, leave it for a few minutes and wash off.
A good quality hay devoid of insects, mites and dust and plenty of water is essential for your horse to survive and be fit and active. Also, small amounts of grains all through the day, particularly during the cooler hours would also contribute to its health.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
- leptospirosis is around and can cause lethal liver and kidney disease in dogs.
- water logging in metro cities can be a source of such fatal infections. Transmitted via urine of rats/dead rats --> Dogs can readily become infected despite vaccinations.
- common in farms too, wherever there is rat population.
- leptospirosis is a contagious to humans as well, and infected dogs, their urine becomes an important carrier for humans.
- initial signs include vomiting, jaundice, reduced urination, kidney failure.
- if not identified and treated early, it can become fatal.
- early diagnosis and specific treatment can save your pet.
- proper precautions and hygiene can save your family from exposure.
- do not let your pets walk through, or drink from water puddles.
Please speak to us for more information on this.
Have a safe monsoon!
Do not, under any circumstances, use colours or bhang on these helpless creatures as the consequences could be fatal. The presence of lead, which acts as an accumulative poison, makes Holi colours a high-risk material for dogs. Inhalation of the coloured powder may also cause nasal irritation and possibly respiratory allergy or infection. Most dogs get paranoid when you rub colours on them, since it very often gets into their eyes and nose, making them very uncomfortable. Dogs and us are not the same make, so this Holi, let?s keep the colors off the animals!
(Re-shared, from Speaking Tree.)
If the stray dog is suspected to be rabid, then the pet dog should be put to sleep (Euthanasia). But if the owner is not ready or the rabid status of the stray dog is not known, post?exposure vaccination of the pet with cell culture vaccine and simultaneous careful observation of the pet are recommended for up to 2 months (up to six months is desirable) for possible signs of rabies in the pet. During this period, if the dog becomes sick, the owner should take the dog to the veterinarian to get rabies ruled out at the first instance. It should be noted that post?exposure vaccination is not very successful in dogs. Simultaneously, pre?exposure vaccination of all household members is necessary.