Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Prabhat BhushanYour feedback matters!
My 5 months old son. I think he is weak as compare to other kids. How he gain proper weight and height. Is cerelac is good for him. Also tell me some homemade food for him?
My 7 month old boy passes stool of greenish color. He has loose motions for two days and he has been given DIOF syrup two times a day. Is greenish stool is kind of any worry?
Hello doctor, my daughter is 9 months old, She weighs around 6.5 kg she is underweight so please tell how to increase.
My son two and half year old. Good weight and height. But in this age he have dark circle around eyes. I also have dark circle from my childhood. Let me y this coming and way to cure.
My baby girl is 4 months old and on breastfeed. A while back I had some gastric issues which is better now but baby is g it now and doing potty 3-4 times a day. Please help. Does applying heeng to baby's naval help? Is it safe to give it baby regularly?
Is it necessary to vaccinate my baby (16 month old) with MMR and PCV booster injection? IMA vaccination card does not mention these vaccinations but their staff says that these vaccinations are private and mandatory. Although I have vaccinated my baby with Varicella and hepatitis A vaccines in private clinics which are not mentioned in IMA vaccination card. So please guide me about these MMR and PCV booster vaccines about their necessities.
My son is 5 and half months old and urinates quite frequently. Please let me know your views. Is it normal or should I need to consult a doctor ?
Hi Doctor, my 3 n half year old Daughter is suffering from acute throat problem, Gavin fever as well as cold n Cough as well, I don't know the terminology of the problem what is she going through but, last night she couldn't sleep just because of she throat, she is not able. To speak.
Hi. One of the girl parent were suffering from HIV disease. And they are no more now. Will that be spread to their children any time in their life? Will it affect the future generation?
She is 5.6 years old. She had viral fever along with urine infection. She is better now. No temp for the past 2 days and her blood test report says everything is normal. Docs asked us not to expose her outside as her WBC count has gone down. She is part of a theatre play which is to be staged on Sunday. Can we take her for practice for one hr on Sat and for the final on Mon?
Common cold and cough is one of the most common viral illnesses that have no specific treatment. Allopathic medicines provide palliative cure to just treat the symptoms, there is no definite antiviral for it. There is also popular belief having cold once or twice a year is a good way to cleanse the body. On the contrary, cough and cold could be the first symptoms of a serious underlying disease like pneumonia. From that angle, it is better to treat it than to just let it run its natural course. Especially in children and elderly, it can be chronic issue with repeated bouts and therefore, treatment becomes mandatory.
The good news is that homeopathy provides a cure for this, that not just treat external symptoms. Also, like any other condition, homeopathy looks at treating the whole myriad of associated symptoms, thereby providing holistic treatment. Below are 5 common homeopathic remedies for chronic cough and cold:
1. Aconitum or Aconite: Used in the early stages of a cold that was sudden in onset and severe. There could be associated nasal discharge, fever and chills, chest congestion, itchy throat, and a traumatic experience. The person may also feel thirsty, anxious, and agitated.
3. Arsenicum album: The patient usually has complaints on the right side including watery nasal discharge, weakness, restlessness, chills, thirst. The discharge can irritate the upper lip and nasal mucosa. The cold gradually moves to the throat and the irritation also shifts down (this phase requires a different treatment).
4. Belladonna: When the cold has a sudden onset with red face, high fever, cold feet, this can be used in the early stages of the cold. There is associated high fever, tickly throat, glassy eyes, dry cough, restlessness, and delirium
5. Euphrasia: Burning eyes and profuse nasal discharge lead to reddened eyes and cheeks. More common in children, the condition worsens in open air, at night, and while lying down. The cough then moves down into the larynx, produces a harsh, hoarse voice.
6. Pulsatilla: Yellow or greenish mucous, nasal congestion, mouth breathing are some symptoms where this is used. It is very commonly used in newborn babies, if the discharge colour is green or yellow. Associated symptoms include moodiness, easy crying, craving for attention, easily hurt and sensitive.
Homeopathy does 'cure' the cough and cold in patients, in the true sense of the word. That provides palliative care and holistic treatment of the condition too.
Hai sir/madam I have 8 months baby girl she was doing loose motions daily 8 times last 4 days onwards and fruits mango watermelon giving daily and mother feeding giving and kindly give any suggestions.
Hello doctor My baby is one and a half month old, her weight was 2.8kg at the birth time. Now its 3.2kg. My pedi. Has prescribed 1al syrup and pureMCT powder for her growth. I give her mostly breast feeding and occasionally cow milk. Please suggest the usage of those medicines and is there issue with her growth? She does all the activities normally.
Winter comes and brings with itself cold and flu viruses- extremely bad news for babies. What makes it worse is that these viruses are contagious, and they spread fast as they are airborne. In such cases pulling your baby away from a sneezing or coughing or sniffling person is not enough. Neither is covering him up in layers of warm clothes. But you can take certain steps to prevent your baby from falling ill.
1. Wash your and your baby’s hands regularly: Washing your and your baby’s hands regularly is the easiest thing you can do to fend off cold and flu germs. It is essential for you to wash your hands after changing diapers, wiping a runny nose and before preparing your baby’s food. As for your baby, washing his before eating or after he comes back from an outing is an absolute must.
2. Vaccinating your baby: You can further prevent your baby from falling ill during the winter season by making sure all his vaccinations are up to date. Getting him an annual flu shot once he becomes 6 months old is necessary, as it protects your child from catching the flu virus.
3. Boost your baby’s immunity the natural way: You can breastfeed your baby regularly to boost his immunity. The American Academy of Paediatrics strongly advises breastfeeding our baby till he is one year old as it is the best way to provide complete nutrition and enhance the immunity of your baby. Breast milk contains minerals, vitamins and proteins that generate antibodies and help in fighting illnesses.
4. Take your baby out in the sun: Even if it’s outside, taking your baby out in the winter sun can do wonders for his immunity. Vitamin D of the sunlight is a very important part of the body’s immune response. Plus, the fresh air and sunlight can help kill all the germs you may have gathered while being cooped up inside. Just be sure to cover your baby well before taking him out.
5. Make sure your baby gets enough sleep: Inadequate sleep can nearly double the chances of your baby falling ill. Harley Robert, professor of paediatrics at the University of Colorado says that lack of sleep is directly related to the health of your immune system. So make sure your baby gets enough sleep, and be sure to put him to bed earlier if he has been around someone who’s sick.
If you follow these measures, then you can greatly reduce the chances of your baby falling ill this winter.