Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Prabhakar SharmaYour feedback matters!
I drink coffee everyday morning. I start my studies from 5 o clock and I drink 4 to 5 cups of coffee. Is drinkinging this many coffee bad for my health.
Sometimes I feel depressed without any reason. Full of anger I dnt why it happens to me. Please give suggestions what should I do.
From few months I'm suffering from frequent mood swings. Sometimes I feel that no one (among my friend circle) cares about me and I should not interact with people to avoid these things. Sometimes I feel that all the people are selfish and would abandoned you once their purpose gets fulfilled. Please suggest me some ways to move out of this situation.
I'm suffering from night fall problems these days. It is due to my vit d deficiency or constipation, or due to using wifi whole day! please reply. Is it serious deadly problem! I'm in deep tension.
My daughter suffers from panic attack every 2 to 3 weeks, once a day for two three days Symptoms are breathlessness, sweating, depressed and scary feeling, tachycardia, light headedness, fatigue. Normal between attacks. Please do help.
Strange personality disorders
Millions of people across the world are diagnosed as suffering from mental illness. And though most of those are disorders are common and well-known (such as depression, anxiety and phobias) there are also some unusual and bizarre disorders. For example:
1. Stockholm syndrome – typically seen in abducted hostages, this is where the captive shows signs of sympathy, compassion and loyalty towards the hostage taker. This occurs regardless of the way they have been treated – and even where they’ve been tortured or their life is under threat.
2. Lima syndrome – this is the opposite of the previous syndrome. It’s where the hostage taker is extremely concerned for the plight and wellbeing of the hostages.
3. Diogenes syndrome – this disorder is marked by severe self neglect, compulsive hoarding, reclusive tendencies, and keeping large numbers of animals at home.
4. Paris syndrome – this is very exclusive disorder … one restricted to japanese tourists in paris (it’s true!) the sufferer experiences a total mental breakdown when the city fails to meet their cultural expectations (paris is rarely as polite, romantic, peaceful and idyllic as the tourists had imagined). To cope with this experience, their embassy established a 24hr hotline to help those with the syndrome.
5. Jerusalem syndrome – people diagnosed with this particular disorder experience delusions and spontaneous psychosis after visiting a holy city. To date, all identified sufferers have had a history of mental illness, or some kind of psychosis.
6. Capgras delusion – in this rare disorder, the individual believes that a friend or family member has been abducted and replaced by an impostor (who looks identical to them). It is generally seen in those with schizophrenia, dementia, or some kind of brain injury.
7. Fregoli delusion – this is the exact opposite of capgras delusion. It is the false belief that numerous different people are actually one person who keeps changing their disguise.
8. Cotard delusion – a person suffering from this delusion believes that they don’t exist, are dead, are putrefying or have no blood or internal organs.