Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prabhakar Sharma
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Prabhakar SharmaYour feedback matters!
Wt can I do for my anxiety plzz help me sir. I am facing some issues like lack of sleep. Weight gain. Dull skin etc.
I am suffering from severe head ache and body pains since three days why it is happening like this pls suggest me quickly.
Sir, since around 10 years or more I am experiencing a deterioration in remembering things. This has now become a habit and psychologically I do not even feel the urge to try remembering day to day chores. I just take them all for granted and thereby refrain from taking responsibility for remembering them. So it makes me wonder whether it has evolved as a psychological or a medical disorder in my case. I tend to forget even immediate happenings of the day to day chores.
Are you experiencing memory loss? Your memory changes often as you grow, but memory loss which causes disruption of your daily life is not a part of ageing. It may be a symptom of Alzheimer’s disease, which is the most common type of dementia. Dementia refers to a slow decline in your memory, thinking, judgement and reasoning skills.
Alzheimer’s is a fatal disorder, which may result in the loss of brain function. It may be hard to differentiate between the symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease and normal age-related changes. For proper identification of symptoms associated with Alzheimer’s disease, you should know about the warning signs. They are as follows:
- Memory loss which disrupts daily life: Forgetting of information learnt recently is a common sign of Alzheimer’ disease, especially in the early stage. Forgetting important events or dates and asking for something over and over are also likely signs.
- Difficulty in planning and solving problems: Some people may experience changes in their ability to develop and follow any plan or work associated with numbers. Trouble regarding keeping track of bills and following a particular recipe are common examples. A person may also face problems with concentration.
- Difficulty in completing familiar tasks: Another warning sign of Alzheimer’s disease is when a person cannot complete simple and familiar daily tasks. Problems like driving to a known location, remembering the rules of a game or managing budget are likely.
- Confusion regarding time or place: People with Alzheimer’s disease may lose track of seasons, dates and the passage of time. They may not understand situations when they do not happen immediately.
- Problems in understanding visual images: Vision problems may be an indication of Alzheimer’s in some people. Difficulty in reading, judgement of distance and the determination of color may occur which cause problems during driving.
- Problems in speaking or writing: Another sign of Alzheimer’s disease is when a person has problems in following or joining a conversation. They may pause while conversing and have no idea about how to continue with it. Problems with vocabulary, finding proper words and calling things by a wrong name are more warning symptoms.
- Misplacing stuff and being unable to retrace steps: A person with Alzheimer’s may develop a tendency of keeping things in unusual places. They end up losing the things as they cannot go back and retrace where they kept something. They may also accuse people of stealing their things.
- Decreased sense of judgement: Another important warning sign of Alzheimer’s disease is a decreased sense of judgement. Changes in decision making and judgement are likely to develop in a person. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.