Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Praanesh KapoorYour feedback matters!
I am 21 years old, and I have internal stains on my front two teeth, I consulted a doctor who advised me to go for bleaching or crowning. And recently a doctor advised me to take calc. Phos 6x. 4 tablets for 20 days before meal. What should I do, and these stains occurred after a RCT treatment of my 2 teeth.
I have braces and my teeth is getting yellow day by day. Its going to complete one year this year and I have to wear those braces for next six months more. I m scared that by the time I get away with them, my teeth color will get permanently yellow. Please suggest some advice as to how to prevent the yellowness.
My girlfriend has problem in her gums. If she eat anything like apple, they may bleed, while brushing also they sometimes bleed, any sort of pressure causes them to bleed. The upper gums in the front have swollen and have turned red. This problem is there for 2 years.
Cavities, or tooth decay, is the destruction of your tooth enamel, the hard, outer layer of your teeth. It can be a problem for children, teens and adults. Plaque, a sticky film of bacteria, constantly forms on your teeth. When you eat or drink foods containing sugars, the bacteria in plaque produce acids that attack tooth enamel. The stickiness of the plaque keeps these acids in contact with your teeth and over time the enamel can break down. This is when cavities can form.
A cavity is a little hole in your tooth. Cavities are more common among children, but changes that occur with ageing make cavities an adult problem, too. Recession of the gums away from the teeth, combined with an increased incidence of gum disease, can expose tooth roots to plaque. Tooth roots are covered with cementum, a softer tissue than enamel. They are susceptible to decay and are more sensitive to touch and to hot and cold.
It’s common for people over age 50 to have tooth-root decay. Decay around the edges, or a margin, of fillings is also common for older adults. Because many older adults lacked benefits of fluoride and modern preventive dental care when they were growing up, they often have a number of dental fillings. Over the years, these fillings may weaken and tend to fracture and leak around the edges. Bacteria accumulate in these tiny crevices causing acid to build up which leads to decay.
You can help prevent tooth decay by following these tips:
- Brush twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste.
- Clean between your teeth daily with floss or inter dental cleaner.
- Eat nutritious and balanced meals and limit snacking.
- Check with your dentist about the use of supplemental fluoride, which strengthens your teeth, and about use of dental sealants (a plastic protective coating) applied to the chewing surfaces of the back teeth (where decay often starts) to protect them from decay.
Consult a dentist regularly for professional cleanings and oral examination.
I have a small spaces eg: 0.5 to 1 mm between my teeth both on left and right sides. How can make remove the spaces with out any braces. Please advise a good solution?
I am 31 years old have fall down and got injury inside the mouth it got cut and lot of bleeding and big swelling and pain !can not eat properly due to the pain and swelling! can you please suggest me what medicine I should take or what ointment I can apply over there in the inner lip.
I am 46 years. 69 to 70 kgs. I have bad breath from last few months. I take boiled egg every day. Is it because of this? kindly suggest some cure for this.
Sir I am 29 years male since birth I had difficulty in speaking because of tongue tie. In the year 2008 an ENT specialist cut it but still my tongue is short and thick and I have to be very carefully while speaking. Is there any treatment for it .plz help me.
How to keep your mouth clean and maintain good oral health?
Hello friends I am doctor Sahil Singh. I am a general dentist practicing in DLF Phase 4, Super Mart 1 Gurgaon. Today I will tell you how to keep your mouth clean or how to keep a good oral health. Well everything starts with a healthy lifestyle.
1. We can start with a healthy diet. A diet should contain each and every part which is necessary, be it carbohydrate, be it fat, be it protein and yes most important part is roughage or the fiber. Roughage includes your salads your fruits, roughage helps you clean your teeth and your intestine both. So it has a dual effect, your teeth will be clean your intestine will be clean and overall health will improve.
2. Cleaning of your teeth. Cleaning your teeth refers to brushing, rinsing, using a mouthwash, flossing. We will start with brushing; brushing maximum two times a day which you can do. But the whole day you are eating, drinking something, snacking or whatever. At that time what you can do? At that time it is very important to clean your mouth by rinsing vigorously. You can also use a clean finger to rub against your teeth and the gums, which will massage the gums also, improve the blood circulation of the gums and yes it will remove the plaque or the food debris also. Secondly use of mouthwash, mouthwash should be used after breakfast or after your first meal. It should not be used after just brushing.
Brushing has already cleaned your teeth, so why mouthwash again? But yes the function of mouthwash starts after your first meal or after your breakfast. After having your breakfast you clean your mouth with clean water vigorously then use a mouthwash. Swish it around in the mouth for a minute then spit it out. After spitting the mouthwash do not rinse with water again, or do not eat anything for at least half an hour to 45 minutes.
3. Flossing. Flossing seems to be a difficult part and there are so many myths about it that it hurts your gums or it can damage your gums, but if it is done properly or a dentist can tell you how to do it, it is of great help. Because brushing cannot easily or completely remove whatever is stuck between the teeth and with age the use of flossing is very much necessary. Flossing helps you clean the interdental or the space between the two teeth, the food debris which is stuck between the two teeth can be easily removed with the help of flossing. So it keeps your mouth healthy, improves your gums health. Secondly nowadays apart from the thread or the nylon floss we have water flosses. Water flosses are for those people who don’t want to put more stress with their hands so they can use a water floss, it has a very strong jet of water which comes through a flosser and it will clean your mouth properly.
4. Professional Cleaner. This is something a dentist can only do. You should visit your dentist so that even if there is a problem we can detect it early or even if cleaning is required, at times because of the crowding or maligning teeth there are deposits which are initially food deposits then it becomes calculus which is hard deposit and only a dentist can clean . So cleaning is a very important aspect for maintaining a good oral hygiene. If not cleaning and if there is food debris in mouth it will start with so many diseases. Firstly the gum disease, you can have weak gums, you can have bleeding gums. Secondly you can have cavities; Thirdly you can have a bad odour or a bad breath which we call as halitosis.
So the start of any problem is the food debris which is present in the mouth which you have not cleaned or which you didn't get cleaned with a dentist. Friends if you need any other help consultation or treatment you can reach me at Lybrate.com.