Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Poornima Sachdeva
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Poornima SachdevaYour feedback matters!
I vomit every time after drink milk. What is the reason behind it? And what should I do? Please help me.
Neck pain and stiffness can give you a harrowing time. From children to aged people, the condition is a common problem that can affect all and sundry. In addition to the pain and discomfort, the condition also restricts the head movement. The neck bones and muscles are important as they not only give support to the head but also ensures its free and unrestricted movement.
Stiff neck and neck pain can be an amalgamation of various factors such as
Our professional commitments often demand spending hours before the computer. The sedentary lifestyle is the main wrecker in chief, giving rise to many health complications, with neck pain and stiffness being one amongst them. Sitting in one position for long often results in muscle pull (tension) and strain. The muscle tension can also be an outcome of incorrect sleeping posture.
- Neck injury and inflammation sustained during an exercise or due to an accident can also result in neck pain.
- Neck injury followed by pain and stiffness can also be an outcome of Whiplash (a condition where a person suddenly jerks the head).
- Stiffness and neck pain can also be triggered by medical conditions such as Meningitis, Rheumatoid Arthritis (of the neck), Heart attack, Fibromyalgia (muscular pain particularly in the shoulder and neck area), Cancer (of the spine), Spondylosis, and Spinal stenosis, to name a few.
Seek a medical assistance in case
- The condition aggravates and persists for long.
- The pain and stiffness are sudden and unexplained.
- Pain that slowly moves down the arms and legs.
- In addition to the neck pain and stiffness, a person complains of a headache, nausea, vomiting, fever, difficulty in eating food, a bowel disorder.
- A lump (in the neck) accompanied by pain and stiffness needs immediate and thorough investigation.
Diagnosis and treatment
Neck pain and stiffness are often diagnosed by
- Physical examination.
- A lumbar puncture can also aid in the diagnosis.
- Imaging tests such as X-rays, MRI, CT scans, Electromyography
- Blood tests.
Depending on the severity, a doctor decides upon the course and mode of treatment
- The use of ice packs or heat pads (avoid very high temperature) on the affected area every 2-3 hours (for 15-20 minutes) can provide great relief.
- Gentle massaging can go a long way to relieve the pain and stiffness. It only helps to improve the blood circulation.
- Neck exercises and stretching play a pivotal role in strengthening the neck muscles, thereby reducing the pain and stiffness. However, in an endeavor to achieve maximum results, do not overdo yourself.
- Medicines such as Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID), Tylenol, Advil, corticosteroid injections, come in handy in case of severe pain and inflammation.
- Use of a neck collar provides support to the affected area.
- Surgery may be recommended (very rare) in the case of serious complications.
- Some patients also benefit from Acupuncture and Chiropractic (alternate medicines). Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!
A recent news item said that researchers claimed that the viability of mens sperm is only 40% of just a few decades ago. Other researchers are challenging the numbers, but fertility issues in both males and females are at an all-time low, that much is certain.
The article said it wasn't known what was the cause, but that wasn't what was being investigated.
Too little testosterone is a problem for men, and too much estrogen is also a problem. This imbalance comes in a number of ways.
- The environment. Xeno-estrogens found in,any plastics, household chemicals, furniture, processed foods, and industrial chemicals behave in our bodies as natural estrogen. In women it creates hormone imbalances, infertility and increased risk of some cancers. In men it interferes with normal hormone production reducing levels of testosterone.
- Sugar causes higher levels of insulin which is related to lower levels of testosterone.
- Obesity driven by over consumption of sugar and junk fats causes increased estrogen, man boobs are the most obvious sign of a problem.
- Alcohol in excess affects the liver and normal hormone production.
- Sedentary lifestyle. Regular activity and periodic strong exercise gives signals to the body to remain strong and more testosterone is produced.
- Feelings of a lack of confidence in males causes a rise in estrogen, but boosting your confidence will raise testosterone. Therefore stress management and doing tasks you are good at will be helpful.
- Stressful relationships where your life feels out of your control are a killer for testosterone.
- In general sperm quality is a reflector of overall health, so there are a few things you can do to help yourself.
- Eat well and take a multi supplement, and avoid sugar and junk food.
- Exercise regularly with occasional hard or heavy sessions.
- Do some activity or challenge that is a bit scary but do it anyway.
- Learn to just sit and relax for a short time every day.
- Remind yourself of the things you are good at, when the world is on your back.
- Use as many natural products as possible in your home and work place.
- Be good to yourself and ignore those who put you down.
- Learn new skills.
- The alligators of Florida have suffered because their environment has been polluted and as their estrogen increased they became infertile, fortunately you have a lot more control over your environment, your food, your thoughts and your actions.