Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Poornima SachdevaYour feedback matters!
I am 57. My teeth are getting exposed from roots. The skin adjoining the base of the tooth is getting low day by day. My dentist told me that this could be due to acid formation as I often suffer from acidity. Can you please suggest what can I do to save my teeth.
I am 31 year old, male. I am suffering from severe foot pain especially in the morning since 6 months. I am not diabetic. Kindly give me advice to solve my problem.
Sir I have given unwanted 72 to my wife she take medicine but she fell like vomiting sleeping and mouth taste is bitter she take medicine yesterday approx 11: 30 pm sir please reply me what I do.
I'm suffering from severe headache and through that I'm unable to see the things properly so kindly give me some suggestions to recover.
Sir I found that I have 235 pp sugar level and 193 fasting. Do I need to consult a doctor or maintain diet and exercise?
I had some itchy rashes which looks like ringworm in my groin area. I applied Becloziate-c cream and the itching has stop but the skin in my groin area is discoloured. It's whitish and reddish, will the skin discolouration go away naturally? It's been two weeks. Please help.
My daughter is 13. Nowadays she complains abt severe headache on 1 side that is either left side or right side. So severe that she herself asks me fr a crocin. Although she does not like medicines. She is very chidchida also n gets very easily bugged at hr younger brother who is 9 yrs. Pls adv.
There is a strong connection between the ears, nose and throat, as any ENT or Ear Nose Throat specialist will be able to tell you. When there is any kind of congestion or obstruction in the nasal passages, one can also feel some effect in the ears with the symptoms going from mild to severe.
So how can nasal obstruction cause clogged ears? Here is our explanation!
- The Connection: To begin with, let us understand the connection between the ears and the nose. There is an opening that can be found in the back of the nose, which leads into a tunnel called the Eustachian Tube. This tube goes into the ears and creates some amount of pressure when the nasal passages get blocked. This pressure can be felt as clogging of the ears and can usually be eradicated with the help of a pop in the ears. This pop can be brought about by pinching your nose and trying to breathe, or even yawning hard or indulging in some gulping or swallowing motion as well.
- Mucosal Swelling: The swelling within the patient's nose usually points at the buildup of mucus, which can make the nasal lining thicker, thus making the act of breathing that much more laboured and difficult. This obstructs the nasal tract, in plain and simple terms. This swelling usually spreads to the tunnel or the Eustachian Tube, which can become swollen and even shut, consequently leading to a feeling of having clogged ears.
- Negative Nasal Pressure: When the pressure inside the nose is built up in a negative way due to the obstruction that makes the patient breathe even harder, then the ears end up taking the pressure. This makes them clogged. This negative pressure usually manifests in the back of the nose where the Eustachian Tube is located, which creates a build up in the ears as well. This can also lead to a ringing pain when a patient tries to suck in air too hard due to the obstruction.
- Bernoulli's Principle: If we are to incorporate air in place of fluid and liken the action of breathing with an obstructed nose, with the action of sucking fluid in through an obstructed straw, then the fluid dynamics would apply to this case. As per these fluid dynamics, more rapid flow of fluid can lead to decreased pressure on the surrounding areas. This can be applied to the blocked nose where air must pass through faster and with more fluidity so as to ensure that there is less pressure on the ears, which will keep them from getting clogged.
Persistent clogged ears and nasal congestion can also point towards an infection and should be checked by a doctor immediately. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.
What is the prime reason of recurring flu in some people. The flu occurs every other month. Does cold environment has anything to do with the flu. I live at 1600m from sea level. Sneezing never stops. Also nose runs all the time.
I was being masturbate for many days or months and I was taking tablets for depression, when I went with my girlfriend friend I used Viagra 100 mg when I had sex it just lasted for 30 seconds, I studied many reviews and understood it is erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation, I'm too depressed of this and I stopped working of thinking about this problem, can it be cured and kindly let me know the procedures please.
Mai jab urine pass karta hoon to seat mein jab urine girta hai to usme jhaag si ban jati hai.Please tell sir .
Sir/Madam, My mother is suffering from high blood sugar so I want to know what type of food or fruits are required to overcome this.
My wife age 68 years is a patient of gas and constipation for quite some time, taking medicine but there is no improvement, can you suggest some remedy. Vkgupta.
Hlooo I want to ask abut the hazardous conditions i. E causes by which one under the contact of typhoid n it has become quite serious soo how can we cure it plzz reply it is urgent plzz thank you soo much.
My sugar level was at 85 after tea with sugar and 45 minutes of exercise. But it shoots up to 150 after dinner along with alcohol. Whether this kind of fluctuation is OK!
I am 47 years old woman, I am suffering from Rest Leg Syndrome, OCD, Diabetic, Thyroid since 10 years and Hiatus Hernia since 4 years. Medicines using Pramipex. 0.75 daily twiceMetadoze IPR 850 mg daily twice Thyronorm 25 mg daily 1 Now Not taking any tablets for OCD and Hiatus hernia as it is mild. RLS is very severe not able to sleep. Please help me doctor.
Hi, I am suffering from cough and cold since a long. I consulted here in INDORE with some doctors but got relief only till the medicine go on if medicine course ended I wilI have to again face the same in some days.
When the natural moisture content of your skin begins to dry up, you experience dry skin. Although it is a temporary skin condition which occurs mainly during the winter or in a generally dry climate, for some people, it could be a problem for a lifetime.
Naturally dry skin tendencies v/s drying of other skin types
Naturally, the water content of a healthy skin is around 10 to 20 percent. This natural moisture level can dwindle due to many factors and the skin may show signs of drying. Thus you may end up getting dry, flaky, itchy and lifeless skin. People with naturally dry skin experience 75 percent more water loss than normal skin. Since the skin loses water and sebum (the oil secretion from the sebaceous glands within the skin), the topmost layer of the skin begins to dry. As a result, the top layer starts peeling away. These skin peels are called flakes.
- You can experience dry skin due to excessively cold weather, which in most cases is accompanied by a lack of humidity.
- Again, if your skin is exposed to too much heat or skin drying conditions like sauna baths or prolonged hot showers, you experience dry skin.
- Applying skin cleansing materials or chemicals can also make the skin dry.
- Some internal disorders like illness or infection can make your skin dry.
When you have a perennially dry skin, you should moisturize it daily to keep it hydrated. You should consult a dermatologist for picking out the right skin cream for your skin. The appropriate moisturizer, if you have very dry skin should be oil or petroleum based. When you purchase the prescribed moisturizer or lotion, make sure you buy something which contains vitamin E, Shea Butter and Avocado Oil. Since these moisturizing agents aren’t water based , they can lock in the skin moisturizer effectively.
Advantages of moisturising regularly
- Dry skin is prone to wrinkle formation – When you moisturize daily, the collagen levels of your skin are restored, which can then effectively fight wrinkling and aging of your skin.
- Prevents flakiness – Since the upper layer of your skin starts peeling off, your skin may appear dull, lifeless and flaky. The condition worsens when there is a cold weather outside. Moisturizing your skin daily will make your skin get a natural glow and stop flaking form occurring in the first place.
- Reduces itchiness: Moreover, daily moisturizing will make your skin less itchy.
- Moisturising reduces the negative effects of makeup: Not moisturizing dry skin will make it look less hydrated. Applying makeup on your dry skin directly is the worst thing you can do. This may spoil your makeup and make it look creasy and broken. Thus, you should keep your skin hydrated by applying moisturiser regularly.