Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Poornima SachdevaYour feedback matters!
Want to reduce weight. Its the main thing I have to do. But the problem is my work, I'm working in hotel as an accommodation manager, totally night shifts regularly, what should I do. Pls and 1 more question is what is the problem in night shifts. Any sexual or physical problems. Pls help me.
Hello doctor My urine is in yellow colour from the past three days Does it indicates any saviour disease What can I do for that.
My anus some times burns after passing stool. Burning remains when I sut on seat or bed colonoly done found healed unhealed ulcers. Also in ultra sound slight enlarged prostate is found. Also I have acute burning in my penis after ejaculation. So Dr. gave me antibiotic of 1000 mg he thought it could be std also and asked me to massage my prostate daily with finger. Now its been a month after completing the course both anus burning and penis burning started again. So please tell both the problems can be due to prostate?
I am repeatedly suffering from constipation as well as piles. The problem gets worst during pre menstrual days .I don't prefer oily and spicy food and also take timely my meals .please suggest me something.
Instead of using underarm deodorants and sometimes even powder still after sometimes a foul odour comes please suggest me something!
What is the pros and cons of opting for low cost generic medicines instead of the brand prescribed by doctors?
Had abnormal myocardial perfusion study with small sized reversible perfusion defect involving apical inferolateral segment and apex of left ventricle.
I have a viral fever I want to take medicines but no doctor is available and I have a reactionwith medicines but I do not know from which I get reaction what shall I do then.
I am badly suffering from regular cold and cough problem. My nose get blocked so much that I can not breath, I have to use otriving nasal solution. Please suggest me perfect medicine for this problem.
My wife not interested to sex. She don't have feelings past 5 years to till. How to improve sex feelings. please solve my sir.
Benign prostatic hyperplasia or BPH is a condition where the prostate gland gets enlarged. This is mostly common in men who are ageing. When the prostate gland gets enlarged, the flow of urine through the urethra gets blocked, and hence, several problems related to urination may occur. BPH occurs as a result of hormonal imbalance. If untreated, BPH can lead to severe bladder and urinary health conditions.
There are several symptoms and signs of benign prostatic hyperplasia. Here are 7 common symptoms:
- A frequent need for urination: Men affected by BPH feel an increased need to urinate frequently. This gets enhanced during the night and is called nocturia. The patient may even need to urinate more than eight times a day. Due to the enlarged prostate gland, more pressure is put on the urethra, which leads to uncontrollable urination.
- Urinating difficulties: The act of urination becomes difficult. Because of enhanced pressure on the urethra, the flow of urine to the penis from the bladder gets blocked. This makes a urine stream hard to start. The urine stream gets weak and interrupted, and more difficulty may be experienced during the end of urination.
- Pain during urination and ejaculation: Due to pressure on the urinary tract and reproductive system, pain can accompany urination and ejaculation. Some patients tend to push urine out, which results in pain. The pain may also occur because of infection during BPH.
- Blood in urine and an unusual color/smell: Urine may take a dark color and have an unusual smell due to urinary retention. Unpleasant urine smell signifies urinary tract infections. Blood in the urine may also result because of dilated veins present on the surface of the enlarged prostate.
- Urinary retention: When a patient is unable to pass any urine, it is called urinary retention. Such a condition requires immediate treatment, and you need to consult a doctor immediately.
- Urinary tract infections: Bacteria may start growing in the bladder when the bladder is not fully emptied of urine. This bacterial infection causes darkening of the urine, and emission of a foul odor.
- Bladder stones: Bladder stones may develop because of the inability of the bladder to empty itself completely. This is a major symptom of BPH. Hard lumps of minerals or bladder stones are formed when the urine present in the bladder gets highly concentrated, which causes the crystallization of minerals. Bladder stones may cause infections, result in blood in urine, cause bladder irritation and may also block urine flow.
So you see that benign prostatic hyperplasia involves the enlargement of the prostate gland, and results in several problems related to urination and different symptoms. Hence, immediate treatment is advisable.