Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Poornima ModiYour feedback matters!
Health tip for babies.
Babies have variation in appetite so don't go on day to day appetite but follow weight trend over 2 to 3 months. If that is okay. Baby is doing well.
Esp in sickness babies lose appetite as we do.
So wait for few days n appetite will return.
Dr. Rajiv singh aradhya clinic indrapuram. Consultant max hospital vaishali.
My daughter six and half years is suffering from severe cough without phlegm since two years for every fifteen days it starts and prolong for five days. She is asked to do lungs scanning. Is it necessary, and any serious problem is there.
In pediatrics, we often say “children are not little adults” but in the case of the common cold, they really are. They have the same symptoms, runny nose, red-rimmed eyes, cough and they just FEEL YUCKY! With those symptoms most babies are fussier than usual and don’t sleep well at night, which is just like an adult with a cold (or maybe just me). for an infant, they are usually up and down all night, don’t feed as well, and just want to be held a little more.
When an infant gets a cold it is not uncommon for them to run a fever along with the cold symptoms. This usually only lasts a day or two and then resolves, but the other common cold symptoms may last from seven to 10 days.
With a cold they may not want to nurse or drink their bottle as well as they have a hard time breathing and sucking. This leads to a cranky baby, who may take less with each feeding, but will need to eat more often.
It is important to make sure that they stay hydrated. fluids are the most important thing. If your baby is having difficulty taking the bottle or latching on due to the congestion , you could feed with a katori spoon or a paladey with gaps in between . small frequent feeds will do the job.
Place the tip of the bulb syringe inside the baby’s nostril to remove mucous and help them breath and eat. You may also use a little salt water nose drops to squirt up their nose to help the mucous come out.
It also helps to get a mist humidifier to place in the room at night to help put some moisture in the air while the heat is running and the air is dry. The mist will also help alleviate some of the thicker mucous and also help the cough that accompanies the cold.
The most important thing to watch for is any sign of respiratory distress. A child’s breathing may “sound noisy” but it is important once again to look at their chest to make sure that they are not using those muscles between the ribs and “pulling” when they are breathing.
Coughs are also protective in that they help move mucous and keep the airway clear to prevent pneumonia. Lastly, your child should look a little better after the first several days of their cold. They should not develop fever later in the cold, and if they do it would be worth a pediatrician visit to check their ears. Not every baby with a cold gets an ear infection and they usually develop after they have had several days of cold symptoms, and not on the first day of a cold.
That’s your daily dose, stay tuned to my next update on your baby's health tips .Send in your questions or comments to babiesandmom.com !
Stay happy and stay healthy !
Dr Gorika's Children's Medical center
Our motto at GCMC is to "Treat every child as if you are treating your own child" This is one such destination where we assure perfect health for your little one. "We care for your newly born till they're eighteen"
I am suffering from chronic insomnia associated with ADHD. I lack concentration in almost everything. If someone is discussing a topic or if a teacher is explaining something I can't understand anything. Also I am unable to sleep from past 6 months. How can this be cured? Is it due to some chemical imbalance?
I have delivered baby girl premature 32 weeks on 3rd october. After delivery the baby had Sepsis and Chickengunia and suddenly her kidney parameters went down with below values- On 9th Oct - Protein Urine Random- 70. 59 mg/dl creatinine Urine- 5.71 mg/dl Protein creatinine ration - 12362. 52 mg/g crea On 26th Oct- Protein Urine Random- 5.1 mg/dl creatinine Urine- 2.66 mg/dl Protein creatinine ration - 1917.29 mg/g crea On 5th Nov Protein Urine Random- 20. 9 mg/dl creatinine Urine- 7.27 mg/dl Protein creatinine ration - 2.87 Please suggest what is the impact on her kidneys and what are the long term complications.
My 6 month baby refuses milk. Now we starts solid food to her. Morning we will give 2 milk bikes biscuits and afternoon we will give nestum to her.in between time we will give formula milk. She doesn't drink full amount of milk put some milk .is it reduce her weight? Then per day how many biscuits to give 6 month baby? Is 2 number enough? please tell me.
My baby boy was 9.0 months old only. He was suffering from lose motions from last 5 days continually around 40- 45 time a day. What can I do. He admitted in hospital last 5 days but still there was nothing improve. Please help me.
My child 15 year male suffering from adhd disease he has not control his bathroom in bed at sleeping time every time please suggests to solve this problem he has doing bathroom in every 15 to 20 minute.
I want detail about s.m.a. (spinal muscular atrophy). Please give me answer with its treatment , because my child born with that disease. What reason for this condition and where and when we create the plane for new baby.
Everybody desires to possess a beautiful smile but poor lifestyle and dietary habits tend to damage the natural white hue of your teeth and add a yellowish tinge to it. Yellowish and dull teeth are among the major factors that cause embarrassment and affect the quality of your beautiful smile.
The following are some foods that tend to damage your teeth:
- Potato chips: Potato chips are high in starch content and have the tendency to get stuck in your teeth. Floss thoroughly after eating potato chips to ensure effective removal of the food particles that get stuck in your teeth to lessen the risk of plaque build-up in it.
- Sticky food: Food which is sticky in nature often has the tendency to stick on to your teeth for longer than most other foods. Most dried fruits also fall under the category of sticky foods that can damage your teeth to a great extent. Rinse and floss on a regular basis after eating these foods to ensure protection of your teeth against damage.
- Wine: According to studies, wine has positive effect on your health when consumed moderately; however, it is also responsible for damaging your oral health. If you intake a glass of wine at night on a regular basis, it increases the risk of damaging your tooth enamel and leads to its discoloration. Wine can also affect the calcium content of your teeth, cause bad breath and may result in the imbalance of your mouth's pH level. It is advisable to drink small sips of wine without swishing it for a long time.
- Coffee and black tea: Black tea and caffeinated coffee tend to dry your mouth. Frequent consumption of tea and coffee tend to stain your teeth and it is responsible for the discoloration of your teeth. Make it a point to drink plenty of water to minimize the risk of teeth staining.
- Carbonated drinks: Most carbonated drinks, including diet soda and soft drinks are acidic in composition and therefore, harmful for the health of your teeth. Caffeinated beverages tend to dry out the mouth, therefore, ensure to drink adequate water to balance out the negative impact of the caffeine.
- Sports drinks: Most energy drinks and sports drinks are high in sugar content and thus, have the tendency to damage your oral hygiene; ultimately affecting the appearance of your teeth. Replace your sports drinks with fresh natural juice to lessen the risk of teeth damage.