Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Poonam Verma
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Poonam VermaYour feedback matters!
I am 62 years old and my sex partner is of 38 years old. During our sex I got discharged within four minutes, whereas. She satisfied after 20 minutes. What are the medicines to increase my intercourse to 25 minutes Regards.
Smelly yellowish puss in ear since a week. Hearing impaired slightly. Slight pain and discomfort since past 2 days.
1) close windows at night to avoid pollens
2) take regular medicines
3) do exercise and pranayama daily
4) diet should be healthy
5) keep bedroom clean and dust free
6) regular checkup at clinic
7) use a light color to wall as well curtains.(especially bedroom)
8) dinner should be taken before sunset.
9) use mask while going out or apply coconut oil to nostrils
10) carry inhaler all the time (emergency)
11) massage to the chest and back warm with oil, afterward take hot fomentation.
1) smoking -active or passive
2) exposure to allergens air pollution
3) avoid visit to gardens
4) stop the self medication. Paracetamol also increases the risk of asthma by 27 %.
5) avoid outside food
6) avoid preserved packed food
7) oily food should be avoided
8) cold drinks and ice-creams.
I am having the sex problem my penis not getting hard at the same time it is ejaculate very fastly so pls suggest me the medication and my age is 34 I am a smoker drinking occasionally.
My penis stands even if I found someone very very attractive or even after watching small scenes in movies. Please suggest me something. I watch porn but rarely. I see a lot of problems related to penis so I am very much worried about my penis. I am 20 years old. Please suggest me something?
I am 20 year old. I have lower abdominal pain from last 1 month I have gone to local doctor but not any change. Please help me out of this. What should I do now please help me.
My son is 5+ He always say that he feels hotness in his tummy. And some times sweating even in winters too. please tell me what should I do.
One of the most common physically transmitted diseases is chlamydia. Chlamydia is a type of infection caused by the bacteria "Chlamydia trachomatis". The symptoms of Chlamydia are similar to the symptoms of Gonorrhoea (a bacterial sexually transmitted infection). Chlamydia infection causes permanent fallopian tube damage in women, leads to future ectopic pregnancy (the fertilised egg attaches itself outside the uterus) and infertility.
Symptoms of Chlamydia:
Men and women afflicted with chlamydia exhibit different symptoms.
The symptoms of chlamydia in women include:
- Abnormal, sometimes foul-smelling, vaginal discharge
- Bleeding between menstrual cycles
- Painful periods
- Abdominal pain, accompanied with fever
- Pain during intercourse
- Burning or itching around or in the vagina
- Painful urination
Men usually display the following symptoms if they have chlamydia:
- Minimal amounts of cloudy or clear discharge from the head of the penis
- Painful urination
- Itching and burning around the slit of the penis
- Swollen and painful testicles
Treatment options available:
- Chlamydia is diagnosed by taking a swab from the cervix (in women) or the urethra (in men). These swabs will be sent to the laboratory for analysis. Urine samples can also be taken to check for the appearance of bacteria.
- Since chlamydia is a bacterial infection, it can be easily treated with antibiotics. Oral antibiotics such as azithromycin or doxycycline are commonly prescribed by doctors. Azithromycin is usually prescribed in a large, single dose. The dose may also be stretched out for five days. Doxycycline is taken two times daily for a week.
- With the right antibiotic therapy, the infection will clear up in 1 to 2 weeks approximately. It is very important that you finish the medication course if you wish you heal completely without having to suffer from further bouts of this disorder.
- Women with critical chlamydia may need hospitalisation, pain medicine and IV (intravenous, or directly through the vein) antibiotics. Pregnant women with chlamydia infection can be safely cured with antibiotic such as erythromycin ethylsuccinate, amoxicillin and azithromycin.
Your partner needs testing and treatment as well to avoid further spread and reinfection. It is vital not to engage in any sexual activity while the treatment is ongoing. A further retest should be done three months later to make sure the infection is rectified. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.