Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Poonam VashistYour feedback matters!
My wife is 3 week pregnant. We still want to do sex. Is it safe now. If yes, Then till how many months of pregnancy we can do sex.
I am 2 weeks pregnant and I want to abort it please prescribe me with medicines and the dosage. Thanks.
How much it would cost for mtp or for abortion kit? Will it be very harmful and there will not be any problem for health in future.
Today is my 9th missing period date on 7th I have done urine test which was negative I am having back pain some time some time stomach pain is ter a chance I can be pregnant should I wait for more days? What should I do?
My wife is pregnant and may be 4 week and she is suffering from various changes in the body like vomiting, weakness, eating problem, tiredness etc. In this stage whether she can take liquid vitamins or not like (iron, folic acid vitamin B12, Zink and D biotic)
Me and my wife getting intimate without any precaution and we got married in april 2016 only. But this is the third time she is getting in periods. Why she is not able to conceive ?
Hi I eat now mifegest is it safe for me. My doctor told me that 1big tablet on one day 2 tablets on next day but orally Another 2 tablets can be through vaginal Is it important to take last two tablets vaginally. Can I take them oral or not.
I am 22 years old girl before one year I sleep with my boyfriend and we had sex. Now my family member finds have done my engagement with somebody else and after one month there is my marriage but I have loose my virginity [broken seal][encounter] so can it be join? One doctor told me to take stitches I am afraid what to do if my husband came to know that I am not virgin. please help me.
I am 31 years old. My thyroid report is normal. But from last two months periods had not come. All reports are ok. My wait is 98 kg. I am also not pregnant. What should I do?
I am 21 weeks pregnant. I am 26 years old. I have 2 very early miscarriage in past. I am not a diabetic earlier. But during pregnancy I checked my sugar 2 hour after taking 75gm glucose, empty stomach in morning. And it shows 186 mg/dl. Is it high? Should I need medicine to control it? My Dr. Told me to take cetapin xr 500 2 times a day. But from past 1 week I stop to take medicine. And my sugar level remain between 110-160 after 1 hour of eating lunch&dinner. So should I continue medicine or not? Is cetapin safe in pregnancy?
After having d&c for 12 week pregnancy doctor was saying to have misoprostol and before also I took 4 tabs and after also doc was saying why? I am confused with this.
I am 18 years old girl and I do anal sex and oral sex both with my partner so please tell me it is harmful for me and any chances of stds? and sometime I do masturabate during periods time so this is harmful for me or not?
PILLOWS AND MATRESSES.
“My neck pain started two days ago, Immediately I removed my pillow”
This is the very usual dialogue that I hear in my daily practice from my patients who are suffering from neck pain. Is pillow that important factor in causing neck pain or in relieving neck pain?? Let us know the facts.
Neck pain can be caused because of various reasons. Poor neck posture is one of the reasons for neck pain. So, what should be your sleeping posture? How can a pillow alter your normal sleeping posture?
Body needs rest and sleep gives our body rest so that body and mind work efficiently. It is very important that we maintain a normal sleeping posture so that muscles also get rest.
- Spine has to be straight
- Neck has to be in line with the body.
- It is better to avoid sleeping on tummy, as you will be forced to turn your neck to one side to facilitate breathing. Whole length of your sleep is spent with the neck turned to one side, out of alignment with the body, forcing the brain to sense something wrong and you wake up with a stiff neck. Pillow has no role here!!!
So, what kind of pillow can be used?
- Pillow can neither be too hard as it doesn’t absorb the shock/ weight of head, nor it can be too soft as the weight of the head can depress the pillow down and might take neck too low than body.
- Ideally the pillow has to regain its original shape faster once you wake up from lying position. If a pillow takes too long to come back to its original shape or doesn’t come at all or remains in the same shape, its time for you to change your pillow.
- If you are lying on your back, its better to use a thin pillow which supports your head and neck. Please do not use a thick pillow in this position, as it may raise or bring your head and neck forward or higher than body causing stress to your spine.
Not using a pillow when you lie down in this position can take your neck backwards and might cause trouble breathing.
Recommended to use a thin/ lighter pillow when you lie down on your back.
- If you are lying on your side (right or left), its better to go with a thicker pillow. Ideally the pillow should be as thick as the distance between your shoulder and neck, so that when you lie down on your side the neck doesn’t go down or go up and stays in line with the body. Pillow has to be used!!
Recommended to use a thicker pillow when lying on side.
Pillow is not a major cause of neck pain. Its always better to use a pillow than not using at all. Removing the pillow the moment neck pain starts is definitely not a good solution for your neck pain. Chose the right pillow and more importantly consult your Physiotherapist.
As with the pillow for neck pain, mattress is not a major cause for back pain.
- Mattress should not be too hard, should not be too soft either.
- If it is too soft, the broader areas of our body like the hips and shoulders, might press the mattress down thereby reducing the support for other body parts, which strains them as they do not get proper support.
- If its too hard, the mattress wont be able to support the various natural curvatures of our body (broader and narrower areas), forcing the muscles to work more and get strained.
- Its better to change a sacked mattress or too depressed mattress.
- Mattress should be uniform in contour.
- Lying bare on floor wont work!!!!
And more importantly consult your Physiotherapist for back related issues.
Have a pain free life…..