Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Poonam VashistYour feedback matters!
With the endless choices on the store shelves it?s hard to know which to choose. Butter vs. Margarine, extra virgin olive oils, refined oils like vegetable and canola.
There is evidence pointing in the direction that it isn?t animal fats causing our epidemic levels of heart disease, but vegetable oils. Research is showing that butter consumption at the turn of the century was about 18 lbs per person per year and the use of vegetable oils was non existent. Cancer and heart disease were rare. Today butter consumption is just above 4 lbs per person per year while the use of vegetable oils and refined oils has soared.
What are refined oils and which ones should you avoid?
Definition: An oil has been refined by using chemicals that are harmful to us. In short it means to ?purify?. But the meaning of purify has many definitions. It may mean the oil was treated with acid, or purified with an alkali, or bleached. It can also be neutralized, filtered or deodorized. All of which require chemicals like Hexane!
Click here for a look into HOW oil gets refined.
In the process of making and refining these types of oils, it leads to PUFas (rancid polyunsaturated fatty acids) which DO NOT hold up well to high heats. In the process of being extracted from the seed these oils oxidize and turn into trans fats. The smell is so rancid that a cleaning process has to take place using bleach to deodorize it.
But most of all AVOID Hydrogenated oils (Crisco and margarine) ~ This is one of the most dangerous products on the market today! It has actually been BANNED in 2 European countries, but not ours.
Hydrogenated oil is made by forcing hydrogen gas into oil as high pressure. The more solid the oil is the more hydrogenated, such as margarine and Crisco or lard. When hydrogenated oils are made the healthy fats are converted into a new type of fat, known as trans fat. This is the one subject that you will find an overwhelming agreement from Doctors, scholars, and scientists alike. Trans fats should be avoided while healthy fats (found in olive oil, nuts and avocados) should be eaten.
Trans fats are so bad for you, the FDA estimated approximately 95% of prepared cookies, 100% of crackers and 80% of frozen breakfast products contained trans fats [Govt Publishing Office] Now that trans fats have to be labeled on products, most companies have removed them from their products. Sneaky, huh?
The problem now isn?t our own kitchens, but what if we dine out? How do we know what restaurants are using? Well California?s governor recently signed legislation to phase out trans fats from restaurants and baked goods in bakeries [Natl Conference of State Legislatures]. (Too bad I don?t live in CA) and New York city became the largest city in the nation to demand restaurants, cafeterias and schools go trans free.
The best advice I can give is to ASK. I ask everytime we go out now if the dressing coming with the salad is homemade or store bought. I ask what types of oils they use when they cook. I ask where they get their vegetables. Don?t turn a deaf ear. Most restaurants will put the bottom line (their profits) over your health. I hate to say that, but it?s true.
So which oils are safe then?
Hi. In case I have unprotected sex with my boyfriend, is there any pill that I could take within the next few hours or something like that to not get pregnant? I've heard of iPill a lot. Will that do or is there any other medicine that you could suggest? I'm even asking in case his condom breaks which scares me equally and I've heard of such mishaps happening often and I really don't want to get pregnant. So please help.
uterus antiverted & bulky 7.7 * 5.5 * 5.8cm with heterogeneous echotexture, small multiple hypoepoic areawith loss of definition of endomental/mymetical interference echometer measure 8mm. Sonography report. Excessive bleeding during menopause uncontrolled & heavy weakness. Local doctor suggested operation. What to do.
I am 24 years old and my left breast has grown bigger than the right one and falls down too. I am not on any sort of pills and my periods are getting late every month by an addition of 7-10 days. What should I do?
Hi i am suffering from PCOD AND MIgraine. M using rizact-10 from migraine. Should I take rizact or not.
Hi. I have been delayed with my mensuration cycle for 4 days of this month annd yet have no symptoms. I had an protected intercourse before 5 days dur for my period. Can someone help me out why my cycle is been delayed?
Cancer that originates in the uterus is termed as Endometrial Cancers. The cancer is known to originate in the endometrium i.e. lining as well as the cells of the uterus. Abnormal vaginal bleeding causes the cancer to be detected early and a consultation with the doctor should be done immediately. When other cancers originating from the uterus are considered, endometrial cancer is found to be the most common.
Causes: The exact cause for endometrial cancer is not known clearly. The cells in the endometrium tend to become abnormal due to the occurrence of a genetic mutation, which causes rapid multiplication of cells that ultimately lead to the formation of a tumour like mass. They begin to spread to other parts and proceed to affect the tissues in the surrounding areas.
The typical symptoms of endometrial cancer include:
- 1. Irregular bleeding in between periods
- 2. A watery discharge from the vagina
- 3. Bleeding from the vagina postmenopausal
- 4. Pain in the pelvic floor muscles
Risk factors that might increase the chances of being affected by endometrial cancer include:
- 1. Aging increases the chances of this disease, especially post menopause.
- 2. Obesity can cause hormonal imbalance.
- 3. Certain drugs used in hormone therapy
- 4. Early onset of menstruation, especially before 12 years of age
Treatment for Endometrial Cancer Includes:
- Radiation therapy: This treatment procedure involves using radiations, such as X-rays to target and destroy the cancer cells. The two forms of radiation therapy are external radiation therapy (external machine is used to direct radiation on the cancer cells) and internal radiation therapy (radioactive substance enclosed within small and consumable items is placed near to or directly at the spot of cancer).
- Hormone therapy: Medications are administered to eliminate imbalances in hormone levels and prohibit the growth of cancer cells in the body. This remedy is preferred if the cancer progresses to an advanced stage.
- Chemotherapy: This form of treatment uses oral administration or injection of chemicals into the veins so that the growth of cancerous cells is curbed, either by elimination of the cells or by prohibiting cell division.
- Surgery: In this surgery, the areas affected by cancer are surgically removed; i.e. the uterus in this case. The surgical procedures that might be used include total hysterectomy (total removal of uterus), radical hysterectomy (removal of the cervix, uterus and part of the vagina) and Bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy (removal of both the ovaries and the fallopian tubes)
Hi...i hv 6 months baby..aftr delivry i gaind 15 kg wt..my age is 27 and ht is 5'5...theres period problm also aftr delivry..and not enough brestfeed come aftr delivry..plz suggest tips for weight lose
Hi. I have an issue with intercourse. My sperm comes out after I ejaculate inside my wife vagina. We got married 5 months back and she is yet to get pregnant. We are desperately trying for a baby.
During sex from vagina there is itching and a curd thing is coming and having smell and other times there is itching. Why it's happening? Any solutions.
I am 20 years old girl. I had sex with my boyfriend on the 7th day of my monthly cycle. But the condom broke somehow. I took an I pill within 4 hours of having it. But now on the 19th day of my monthly cycle I am experiencing some sort of vaginal bleeding or discharge. What could that be? Is that a pregnancy sign? If it is then what measures should I take?
I am pregnant. Initial days only. I just want to know which medicines can I take for the abortion and please direct me with the dosage also. Thanks.
My boyfriend had pushed and pulled penis in my vagina but the cum cannot get inside my vagina. Can I get pregnant by doing this? please tell me.
I am pregnant and its my 11th week. Can I do fingering myself by not inserting finger inside but to rub the clit in order to get orgasm.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
Hi. My hair is thinning out so much. Each day I feel like dying when I see my hairs drain out so badly from roots. My hair was so so thick but now it has become so thin. I don't know what to do. Please help me. I am going in depression. Few months back I also faced irregular periods, I am taking evion 400, its been 10 days but no results could be seen. Please help me.
In Naturopathy, one considers the various natural elements as the main forms of medicine which are used by way of therapy for application on the patient in different ways so as to activate the obstructed points. Mud is considered as one of the most important elements of nature, and is widely used in Naturopathy.
This is called mud therapy. This article will tell you everything you need to know about it!
- Uses of Mud Therapy: Mud is one of the five earth elements that form the basis of all forms of treatment in Naturopathy. Mud therapy is used for many reasons including its cooling properties and the dark colour which absorbs all other colours. The cooling properties of mud make it ideal for use in a mud mask or as a cold compress to soothe inflammation of the surface of the skin. This mud pack can be used a cold compress when given the strong support of cool water.
- Types of Mud: The mineral elements of mud differ from place to place as the rock formation and constitution is different for different places. Black mud is the dark cotton seed oil that is rich in minerals and also has a thick texture that can retain water. Due to its thick consistency, pollutants cannot enter and contaminate it too easily. Further, Dead Sea mud is considered primarily as a beauty enhancing mud with many therapeutic properties as well. It has over twenty different salts and minerals including magnesium, calcium, bromide, silicates and even natural tar. It is best used for softening and cleaning the skin. Moor mud is an organically produced mud that is born from floral residue and has traces of herbs in it too. It can be absorbed easily by the human body and has many essential vitamins, fulvic acids, amino acids and plant hormones which can help in detoxification and healing treatments.
- Mud Packs for the Eyes: This kind of mud pack is particularly beneficial for those people who sit in front of computers screens for prolonged periods of time. You can smear a half inch layer after closing your eyes so that it cools the eyes when mixed with water.
- Mud Packs for the Abdomen: This mud pack can be applied on the stomach for at least twenty minutes or even half an hour. Further, you can put a blanket over it if the weather is too cold, so that better absorption happens. This helps in better digestion.
- Mud Packs for the Head: Applying these mud packs on the head can also help in giving relief from congestion and headaches.
It is important to know the consistency and measurement of the ingredients required to make mud packs at home.