Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Poonam VashistYour feedback matters!
But am not married and am not pregnant so I just wanted to know why they have written about pregnancy normal range in my report.
The onset of winter lowers temperatures and also initiates the loss of moisture from your body due to dryness. In this season, your body requires more fluids to eliminate possibilities of chapped lips, acne, flaky skin and dry cough. So, to cope with the reduced moisture level of your body, the right amount of water intake is necessary.
How does your body lose water even when you sweat less?
Winter, unlike the other seasons of the year, is devoid of hot, sunny days, but that doesn’t mean that your body is free from water loss. Generally, heat generated by furnaces, heaters and fires are the reasons behind sweating in winter. Also, water leaves your body during winters through the steamy breath you exhale when exposed to lower temperatures.
What are the risks of drinking less water in winters?
Dehydration in winters can negatively affect your body, ranging from causing common cold or flu to serious issues like stroke. Moreover, when your body lacks hydration, you may experience bizarre appetite patterns. This is caused due to the fact that less fluid consumption results in lack of energy in the body. This leads your body towards utilising the available fat for energy, making you thirsty, which is often misunderstood as hunger.
So how much water should you drink on cold winter days?
The amount of water intake required in winter varies from person to person due to the difference in gender and physical activities performed by a person throughout the day. However, amount of water intake in winters may be approximated as follows:
1. For Men: 8 to 10 glasses of water consumption per day is ideal for men with normal activity levels
2. For Women: Commonly, women should drink between 6 to 8 glasses of water throughout the day to keep themselves healthy
3. For Men Who Workout: Men with a regular exercise regime should have a raised water consumption amount of 10 to 14 glasses every day
4. For Women Who Workout: Women who exercise daily should increase their water intake to 8 to 12 glasses each day
5. For Lactating Mothers: In case of lactating/breast feeding mothers, 7 to 10 glasses of water intake per day is considered to be ideal
Sticking to these many glasses a day during winters can prove to be difficult for people facing extreme climates; but there are certain things you can do to increase your water consumption.
How can you increase your water consumption?
There are numerous ways, which let you increase your water consumption during winters without directly drinking water. These are-
1. Include more water based fruits (watermelons, pineapples, grapes etc) and vegetables (radish, spinach, cauliflower etc) in your daily diet to hydrate your body
2. Train yourself to drink water all through your workout session by timing your water intake at regular intervals
3. Have a bowl of hot soup before your meals to increase your intake of water
4. Use a humidifier to inhale moist air instead of the dry air prevalent during winter
Water intake plays a vital role in the proper functioning of the human body and is as important in winter as in other seasons.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
My girlfriend doesn't get wet. She keeps dry all the time? Why is that so? She gets turned on goosebumps and the feel. But her vagina is always dry. No flow of the lubricant.
Hi, I am 25 years old, we are trying for baby from last two months. We have sex 2 days once by checking the ovulation day. First month I got my periods 1 day early. But in the second month I got my periods 6 days late. I want to know what could be the problem. We both work in it company.
1. Always keep your nails neat and trimmed. Long nails tend to get in the way and tempt you to bite them.
2. Use mint chewing gums or flavoured candies as a distraction. They keep your mouth busy and distracts the mind away from your nails.
3. Apply a few drops of neem oil on your fingers and let them dry. The bitter taste of neem oil will stop involuntary nail biting to an extent.
4. Keep a stress ball handy. Use it to distract yourself whenever you feel like biting your nails.
5. Even if this practice cannot be followed throughout the day, make sure to use gloves or adhesive bandages whenever possible. The fact that you will not be able to bite your nails will register in your mind and kill the habit slowly.
6. If you are okay with it, use nail polish to style your fingernails. This encourages you to grow nails as well.
7. Stress is a major factor that induces nail-biting in certain people. You will notice that you do not bite nails much when your mind is fresh and relaxed.
I'm on my second day of periods. Normally I have slight back or abdominal pain. But this time around, when I bent down yesterday to pick up something, something clicked in my lower back and after a while it started hurting me. Now when I move, it pains. And is stiff. Can you prescribe me a medicine for the same?
Hi. Got my blood test results today and my protein S and C is mildly elevated. Doctor had prescribed ecosprin. Is it safe and would it help in anyway to conceive?
What is the procedure for infertility treatment. I also wanted to know the cost of the procedure. Can anyone explain.
Hello doctor .my age is 21 years female .I have a cousin his age is about 19 years .he likes me so much. He tries to romance me during night. Yesterday he begged me he wants to have sex with me. I said I don't like. But I don't want to refuse him .is there any other way of satisfying him. Instead of sex. Like he is asking to take his penis in my mouth. If I do this will I get any disease. Please suggest some other ways of satisfying him instead of sex. Thank you doctor.
I am suffering from white flow from last 6 months and it irritates me so much. What should I do except consulting a doctor?
I am 25 years old female, married. I m having pcod problem and taking krimson35. I recently discontinued the use of it, as I want pregnency now but I had irregular bleeding after 14th and 23rd day of my period n its not ending till today. Today is my 26th day of my cycle. Is it normal? what should I do immediately? please help.
Requesting for a quick and confirm response. I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend on 27th August and she had ipill (ecp) after 6 hours of Intercourse. After 4 days i.e. On 1st September she started bleeding and the bleeding continued for 4 days. We have done four home urine pregnancy test and the results came NEGATIVE. All the tests were done after 21 days of Intercourse. We even did a BHCG test on 17th October which was exactly 7 weeks after unprotected sex. The result was <1.20. I have two questions. please help me out. 1st. Is she pregnant or do we have to worry about pregnancy? 2nd: no bleeding has taken place after September. Why? please help us out.
Our everyday activities, our daily routine plays an important role in determining our health. Simple lifestyle changes can easily lead to a better sex life. Not only do these changes lead to a better sex life, but also contribute towards the performance and stamina exhibited in bed.
Here are some points on to improve sex life by choosing these simple lifestyle changes:
- Healthy diet: Eating right and eating healthy affects how one performs in bed. A lack of stamina, while sex in many women and men might just be a signal that something is not correct with their health. Eating a diet loaded with fiber, vegetables, fruit, and lean meat lead to a healthy lifestyle. Right amount of carbohydrates and proteins are required and cholesterol and fats should be avoided. These tend to choke the arteries and in turn affect the blood flow down below.
- Regular exercises: Doing exercises regularly tends to pump up the heart, which in turn enhance the blood flow in and around the genitals. Exercising also provides stamina and energy. The most important benefit of exercising is that it enhances the body image thereby leading to a confident person.
- No stress: Stress is unavoidable, but one can make a conscious effort to relieve themselves of the same. If a person is stress it becomes hard to focus on sex and in turn affects the blood flow. Reading a book, taking a break, rest, and a massage are just few ways by which one can get rid of stress.
- Kegel Exercises: This exercise is not just for pregnant women but also for people who want to boost their sex life. In this one has to contract and relax the muscles of the pelvic floor in the similar manner when one stops urine. This exercise strengthens the muscles and controls the orgasm.
- Supplements: Sometimes what we eat is not enough to supply the body with the required nutrients, thus supplements are required to nurture the body with the required nutrients. Supplements are often believed to keep the body healthy. VigRX Plus is a known supplement to improve the sex and stamina.
Who says it is difficult to improve your sex life. With these simple points one can try and follow them to improve the sex life along with increased stamina in bed.