Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Poonam Sehgal
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Poonam SehgalYour feedback matters!
My one year baby is not eating anything these days. He only loves to drink water. Even he don't like milk, very low quantity of milk he take. Normally he ate everything. I think it's all due to this summer season. Still m worried about his health. What should I do? What should I offer him to eat that he will like.
She took I pill. And three weeks over. Didn't get any of respond. No bleedings and all. Her last period was 28th june. She is pregnant or not. And how to abort if she's pregnant. I'll wait 1-2 weeks, if she's pregnant that time, how to abort it. The time become 1 month. Can I abort is buy medicine. How to block become pregnancy.
The World Health Organisation defines health as "A state of physical, mental, and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity." And, this state of physical, mental and social health is obtained when we surround ourselves with happy people who love and care for us. A sibling is one such person. Ever since our childhood, siblings are the ones we depend on. We fight them, argue with them and even torment them at times. And, with time, our love for our siblings only grows stronger.
How can your sibling help you achieve good health?
An elder or a younger sibling can help you achieve good health. How? Let's find out.
- Physical exercise is extremely important in order to maintain good health. Whether it is tennis or badminton or any other sport for that matter we need at least two people to play. These games help you keep fit. In fact, siblings can partake and compete in different activities together like running, hopping and skipping.
- The competitive approach between kids while playing helps them become more sportive and playful. It helps them treat failure or loss in a positive spirit.
- With the growing technology, the human generation is becoming lazy. And, a single child will be much more interested in staying indoors, glued to the television than go out and have fun. His physical activity is more or less suppressed. But in the company of a sibling or a friend, people tend to lean more towards going out. Hence, keeping their lifestyles healthy and fun.
- A single child will find it boring to even occupy a swimming pool or stroll down a hill for fun during holiday tours to other places. A holiday trip with a sibling makes swimming at the hotel pool, or strolling down the pathway a lot of fun. Swimming and strolling are in fact physical activities which help a person keep fit.
- Over a period of time the generation gap between the child and parent becomes so vast, that the child is not able to share emotions and feelings with the parent. This under severe circumstances leads to depression and in worst cases suicide. This is a case of mental ill health. Generation gap between siblings hardly exists and they find it a lot easier to share their emotions and private feelings with each other. They support and guide one another to boost each one's morale, and thus contribute to one another's mental wellbeing as well.
So, having a sibling may seem troublesome at times, but, it sure does have its boon!
In a recently conducted study, most states of India are highly affected by air pollution and have poor Air Quality Index (A unit that measures the rate of air pollution on a scale of 0-500, with higher numbers indicating very poor quality of air). The scores revealed that the entire population is living under a warning zone, where the adverse impacts of such high levels of air pollution can lead to serious health problems such as asthma, coronary artery disease and other chronic issues. In fact, out of the world's top 20 most polluted cities, 13 are from India!
In lieu of these grave statistics, it is important to be aware about the ways to safeguard ourselves from the hazards of air pollution. You can protect yourself from the risks of respiratory and cardiac problems, cancer, low-immunity related issues and lung problems, if you follow these 5 simple steps:
- You can use an N95 mask: The N95 mask is a protective respiratory mask, designed specifically to filter airborne particles. It may prevent you from inhaling minute particles that the air carries by acting as a protective barrier. Its name, N95, stands for the 95 per cent of very small test particles that the respirator has been designed to block. It can significantly reduce your risk of contracting respiratory illness. Simply wear this mask over your nose and mouth while travelling.You can easily purchase this device at your local pharmacy or at certain popular online stores.
- Avoid travelling during the hours of heavy pollution: Traffic blocks, which tend to spike air pollution levels, are common during office hours in metropolitans and megacities. To guard yourself from the harmful impact of fuel and smoke emissions, you can choose to travel either just before the office rush hour starts or after it is over.
- Breathe in the fresh morning air: If you open the windows of your home every morning, it encourages the flow of fresh air. This allows all the settled dust particles and indoor pollutants to ventilate, thereby decreasing the level of pollutants in your home. This way you can breathe in fresh and pure air as it is less contaminated during the early hours of the morning. Also, you can try placing an air purifier at home as it may trap contaminants through its replaceable filter, ensuring the quality of air you breathe in at home is healthy and free of pollutants.
- Exercise at the right time: If you work out at the time of day when pollution levels are high, polluted air is drawn into your lungs at a higher rate since cardio-vascular exercises entail heavy and deep breathing. So it is a good idea to pick your workout time wisely. Just after sunrise is an ideal time since the pollution levels are the lowest.
- Consume foods and beverages rich in antioxidants: Researchers have found that vitamin C deficiency may cause breathing and immunity-related problems. Regular consumption of berries, tomatoes, carrots, broccoli, apples, plums, green tea, oranges, pomegranates, and lemon among other foods may help you in naturally overcoming health impacts of air and smoke pollution. These foods and beverages can help your body build a strong immune system. They may also prove to be powerful antioxidants that help prevent the onset of respiratory diseases.
Although these methods do not entirely curb the ill-effects of air pollution and smoke, they do go a long way in significantly preventing the impacts of air pollutants on your health. So adopt them to the maximum extent you can for a healthier lifestyle. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
Hi I am 23yrs old girl. I generally get my periods late orelse on time and they last for a maximum of 5 days. Is time I hav got my periods 9 days early and I only bleed lyk 10 drops maximum in d whle day orels when I go to urinate thrs red slimy discharge orelse wen I wash myself thr I gt like a thread of blood. For once I noticed there was black blood. And its been 9 days now that I am bleeding jat maximum of 0 drops a day. Is this something to worry about. I would also like to tell you that last time when I had done my sonography dey had tested an ovarian cyst which I have never treated. Would that be a problem?
I get irregular periods. After marriage. Its been two years of marriage. Kindly suggest me what should I do also is there any connection of irregular periods with our sexual life. What are the effects of irregular periods
I am having a period on 27 th of aug from then to till 5 th I am having very slow bleeding, on 6 th bleeding came slow ,then on 7 the we have sex. From that day I started to bleed again clots are there in the bleeding actually I used to have clots in menstrual bleeding. So I thought it was normal but the bleeding is till today is it normal what should I do to stop the bleeding with clots plzz advice me sir/madam .and all are telling after marriage the periods will happen for more days like this is it normal plzz tell me.
Sir maine 21 Feb ko sex kiya tha tou march me 5 Mar ku periods huwe meri gf ku aur uske baad abtak usse periods nai huwe iska matlab mujhe aap samja sakte ho.
I have heard that women have menstruation without ovulation. How will I know that I am having my proper ovulation. Am married. Am obese. So am worried. Am worried about my pregnancy.
Peanut oil, mustard oil, sunflower oil, Safflower oil, soya oil are popular oils used all over India. And Vanaspati Ghee and Desi Ghee are popular choices amongst ghee. Usage of Poly-unsaturated fatty acids used to be deciding factor to choose oil type.
But now it is acknowledged wide over that Saturated Fatty acids are equally important and they increase the good cholesterol level. That means eat any type of oil or ghee. It is good for health. Palm oil or desi ghee was considered bad. But now it is recommended.
Only there is upper limit to quantity. For a 2000 calorie diet, oil/ghee consumption should not be more than 600 calorie.
Then what is bad? It’s trans fat. When oil is reheated again and again, trans fats are formed which are bad for heart.
I short, consume any oil or ghee it is good for health if eaten moderately.