Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Hello My periods were due on 23 April but they have not come yet. Some times there is delay of 4-5 days but this much delay I have never experienced. From last 2 months no sexual activity. Kindly guide me why periods are not coming though I hv no symptoms of pregnancy.
Hi. I'm 28 week pregnant checkup k bad Meri report mi Dr. ne likha hai Cephalic +FHS+FM That's means report normal hai? Ye mera first baby hai please Dr. tel me normal delivery ka chance hai ya nahi? Thanks.
I am 36 yrs old n suffering from cyst due to which I am fat and have less bleeding during periods i.e. Only 2days and that to very less. Please help.
Being overweight or obese leads to many health problems and thus, controlling your diet to reduce fat and weight can help you get your life back. However, one the other side of the spectrum, being too skinny can also be unhealthy. You could also be clinically of a proper weight, but might want to put on some muscle. Diets for both the sides will thus vary greatly.
Diet for weight loss:
- Include more of dark leafy vegetables in your diet: These vegetables are store houses of many important nutrients, such as vitamins, proteins, fibers and antioxidants and also contain no fats.
- Cereals and grains: It is important that we replace refined flour and fried foods, such as parathas or poori and replace them with whole healthy grains. Some examples of these grains are whole wheat bread, brown rice, rotis and oats.
- Lean meats: Certain forms of meat, which have been prepared without too much oil and spice are good as weight loss diet ingredients. Chicken, turkey, sweet-water fish among others are good choices.
- Fruits: Fruits are also a good option as they have natural sugar within them and can provide a boost of energy without requiring processed sugars. Melons, Oranges, berries, guavas are all good examples as they also help in regulating body functions.
Diets for weight gain:
- Peanuts: This ingredient is a good source of protein and unsaturated fats, which will help you build muscle and put on some extra weight. If you are working out at the gym to gain muscles peanuts can provide you with the required calories and protein to put on weight.
- Bananas: This fruit is not only a source of potassium, but also a source of good sugar which can easily be converted into energy within the body and can help build muscles and thus enable you to put on weight the healthy way.
- Eggs: Eggs, especially egg yolk is known to be rich in protein and fats and can help you gain weight quickly. However, it is advised not to eat multiple eggs and limit its consumption to three or four eggs weekly as it can contribute to bad cholesterol within the body.
- Chocolate: Some amount of chocolate in your food also helps you to put on weight although excessive consumption may lead to elevated blood sugar levels. However, chocolates in moderation and regularity will help you put on weight healthily.
Related Tip: "Are Detox Diets Good For You?"
Homeopathy is a widely accepted alternative system of medicine which was discovered in the late 18th century. Homeopathy believes in the philosophy that the mind, emotions and the body are integrated together. On the basis of this philosophy, a homeopath provides remedies which can suit best to the physical and psychological conditions of a patient. Homeopathic remedies are certainly not very high dose. Its main purpose is to recognize and discard the cause behind the condition.
People hold many misconceptions about homeopathy. Following are some of the myths of homeopathy:
- Homeopathic remedies work slowly: Many people believe that homeopathic remedies cure your medical condition very slowly. Fact is that it works very fast on diseases like cold, fever, etc. When the symptoms are chronic, then only working process is slow. This is because in chronic condition, the body takes little time to cure from inside. It is advisable to start the homeopathic remedies as soon as any symptom is seen.
- Remedies are prescribed by doctors with no formal training: Many people believe that homeopathic remedies are prescribed simply on the basis of the visible symptoms and no diagnosis is done. Fact is that these remedies are prescribed by qualified medical professionals graduated from homeopathy medical colleges. They diagnose your medical condition before prescribing you any remedy.
- Homeopathic remedies are not scientific: Many people consider homeopathic remedies to be unscientific. However, the basis behind homeopathy is pharmacological and clinical data. Vast studies and researches have been conducted on homeopathic remedies and treatment.
- Strict dietary restriction is to be followed at the time of homeopathic treatment: Many people believe that they have to control on their eating habits while undergoing homeopathic treatment. Fact is that for some patients, ingredients like garlic, onion, alcohol, coffee, tobacco etc. are to be avoided during the tenure of treatment. This is simply because these ingredients interfere with the homeopathic treatment.
- Homeopathy can cure any disorder: Some people have a strong belief that homeopathic remedies can cure any disorder or any medical condition. Fact is that this remedy is completely ineffective in case of dental issues or any condition where surgery is the only remedy.
Related Tip: "Detoxifying With Homeopathy?"