Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Poonam Sehgal
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Poonam SehgalYour feedback matters!
Women who report a loss of sex drive, or libido, should communicate openly and honestly with both their healthcare provider and sexual partner. There is no single cure for a lack of sex drive as there can be a number of factors affecting it including age, weight, stress, and mental health. It is important to evaluate your emotional and physical well-being in order to know what will work best for you.
Visit a mental health care professional to determine whether you suffer from some form of depression. Depression and anxiety are often accompanied by a decrease in sexual drive. It is important to identify and treat depression first before you address your lack of sex drive.
- In some cases, antidepressants may be prescribed to improve symptoms of depression. Be honest with your doctor about the decrease in your libido, since some prescription drugs can also reduce sex drive. Changing the medication often results in fewer affects on your libido.
Use a therapist to identify your sexual self-esteem. How do you define yourself as a sexual being: are you sexually appealing? How do you perceive yourself? Why? It is important to have high sexual self-esteem but there can be a number of factors, including abuse, harassment, weight gain, and being called demeaning names, that can negatively impact your sexual self-esteem.
- If you find the issues involve your partner, keep them in the loop. Find a therapist or counselor who has experience working with low libido and actively work on these emotional causes with your partner.
Communicate with your partner about how you are feeling. Your libido will have an impact on your partner, so keep them informed to work on your sex life together. Open communication allows you to explore how to enjoy sex and one another’s desires. It’s important to define your sexual expectations together.
- A lack of communication is a sure libido-killer. Think about it this way: How is your partner to know what you like or dislike if you can’t address it to them? By opening the lines of communication and being honest with yourself, you can tell your partner your desires and dislikes. Perhaps you enjoy a particular touch from your partner and when it doesn’t happen, you have a hard time finding your libido. Being able to pinpoint this and communicate you need to feel sexual will help keep your libido roaring.
- Keeping communication alive isn’t just about communicating on sex. It’s also important to be able to communicate about other life problems such as work and finances. If your partner is doing everything they should in the bedroom, perhaps your lack of libido is coming from elsewhere, such as resentment over a financial issue.
Decrease your stress levels. Stress can be brought on by many factors including finances, occupation, health, and family. Identify the main stressors in your life and take the necessary steps to manage a balanced routine.
- Get massages, exercise, or develop a healthier work/life balance. Only you will know what is the most effective way for you to deal with stress. Communicate with your partner to increase the level of intimacy and help manage your stress levels. Even scheduling intimacy makes it a priority.
Set aside time for being sexy. When life gets busy, you may find your libido is left behind in the dust. As unsexy as it may sound, setting aside weekly times to enjoy your body will help keep you in the routine of having a libido. If you want to include your partner, remember that you don’t have to necessarily have sex, but instead upkeep closeness and intimacy in your relationship.
- Don’t worry about it feeling unsexy. After the business of getting the kids to school, working all day, making dinner and getting the kids to bed, you likely find that a lacking energy level will plummet your libido. By having a fun activity to look forward to, you’ll have all-day anticipation and a time slot to set aside your daily worries and focus on yourself.
I am a 23 years old girl. I had I pill few days back. And now there is little blood following in my urine. I want to know what should I do. I am really scared.
Sir please help me i am so confused.Me n my bf had unprotect sex 29 jan . And take i pill in 12 hours.But bleeding aftr 3 days.My period is 10 days late n prega news test is negative pls sugest m i pregnant.Or not pregnancy test is acurate result sirrrr please help me.
Whenever I feel peeing. 2,3 drops of liquids comes out automatically on my panty and its somewhat sticky and acidic type. This is happening since last 10 days after I had sex with my partner.
If a boy kisses a girl on her lips for longer time once in a month then in that situation can a girl get pregnant.
I want to know that me and my gf did not have sex but I rubbed my penis near her vagina we are still vrgn. But for safety I gave her unwanted 72 on 3 Aug and her periods date was 5 aug but she did not get her periods on 5 aug but yesterday night she get slightly bleeding so please tell me is there anything to worry on 6th and 7th aug night she got slightly bleeding so please tell me when will her periods start please.
I am Dr Vishwas Parulekar. I am founder and medical director of Parulekar hospital. It is in Airoli Navi Mumbai multispecialty hospital and mainly its serve surgical Maternity and medical general patients. Hospital has appointed Polyclinic and it has indoor patient facility of all categories with facilities for surgery and a surgery is like we can do general surgery laparoscopic, gynecological surgery gynecology laparoscopy, onco surgeries and Orthopaedic surge including Joint replacement surgery. And also have maternity department which can do a painless labour and we can do emergency delivery like Caesarean section operation in Parulekar hospital.
There are operation theatres for this purpose and apart from that we have one unit all Intensive Care Unit and we have our own IVF Centre that is test tube baby center. Apart from all the services we have a Para Medical Services like woe Pathology Laboratory which can do hormonal assessment and we have our own pharmacy which is available to patients are 24 hours and we have our own Ambulance Service if you want to know more about parulekar hospital or if you want to take appointment for yourself for your near and dear ones then you can take the appointments for lybrate.