Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Poonam Sadana
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Poonam SadanaYour feedback matters!
I am 25 female married before one year got abortion 4 times. Each 40-45 days. Dr. advice Torch infection. I am having Torch IGg rubella and herpes simplex and my husband having IGg rubella and cytomegalovirus in both blood test as positive . Why repeated abortion. He blamed me like he got infection from me. Pls tell wil this infection get cure. How I got infection. Doctor advice me zovirax and doxycycline for 60 days. After two months will I get negative results in Torch. Doctor advice same tablets for him but he refused to take. Now he left me in mom home. Pls guide me for cure my infection.
I want to know about unwanted 72 .if I take after 2 days of period ,it is work? No risk is there na?
I wanted to ask that I have Lipoma on my forehand, back and tighs. I have already consulted doc and he suggested that nothing serious. Can you please confirm the same?
Hello doctor my delivery time in 4 nov but mare twins hai so doctor told me ki mai pure 9 month complete nahi karungi. Kya ye possible hai ki mai october ki kisi particular date k din threw normal delivery baby born kar saku. Mai diwali k same day delivery chahati hu. My mensuration time is 28 jan 2017. And 18 txk mai baby hold kar saku is k liye kta karu.
I am 17 years old I had an unprotected sex on may 3 there was no ejaculation only precum was on my vagina but thn later on may 10 I got my periods and on june 10 also now my period is delayed by 12 days Am I pregnant?
What is the treatment for a cystic mass on left side pelvic cavity lateral to urinary bladder wall and superior to uterine fundus measuring (47 X 42 X 46 MM) VOLUME 46 CC peritoneal CYST. Is it a cancer?
I had unprotected sex during my last period and took an ipill. I have missed my periods for this month by a week now and the home pregnancy test showed a negative result. Should I take another test after a week? What can be the possible reasons for missed periods? There was also bleeding a week after taking ipill for two days.
My mother is 72 years old she is suffering from psychosis she is taking medicine respidon 1 but now last one she is just like she gone in coma.
I am 35 year old with Fallopian tube blocked and one living child. what are my chances of success in ivf.
Hello docs. i am 28 female married since one year. Cant able to conceive so went to doc. He has done tvs and follicular monitiring. Told that i am having pcod and i am not ovulating. What should I do to get pregnant ?
I have completed 32 week pregnancy. I have undergone CBP, urine ,fast blood sugar and PPBS recently. My FBS showing as 97. Could anyone suggest is this normal during pregnancy or any medication needed. Do I need to visit endocrinologist for this. Please suggest. Thanks.
My daughter 17 years old had period for 20days the scan shows multiple peripheral follicles of varying sizes. Dr. proscribed Tablet yaz. Please suggest.
A rising number of teenage girls in the country are getting affected with Poly Cystic Ovarian Disease or PCOD. Though an advanced menarche has become very rampant these days, there are many young women who are suffering from a delay in menarche which in turn is leading to PCOD as opined by gynaecologists. Obesity and sedentary lifestyle among young people have caused a rapid doubling of PCOD cases in the past five to eight years.
Occurrence and Symptoms:
Gynaecologists report that they get at least 15 fresh instances of PCOD cases, and a considerable number of teenagers aged 16-17 are not getting their menarche. Such patients are recommended to take a strictly balanced diet which will help them to lose weight. Initially, their mothers think that they would experience their menarche in proper time, but some girls are diagnosed with PCOD when taken to a family gynaecologist. Even worse, they could never imagine that their obesity can pave the way for such a grave health issue. PCOD can cause numerous other problems like delayed and irregular menses, rapid weight gain and tremendous difficulty in losing weight, developing acne and blocked skin pores.
Help yourself with the right diet:
There is no proven evidence regarding the cause of PCOD though gynaecologists are of the opinion that some females possess a predisposition to this disease, and it may run hereditarily in the family. You can alleviate your PCOD symptoms to a considerable extent by regulating your diet properly.
Have loads of fruits and green leafy vegetables and try to abstain from dairy products as many experts believe that dairy products are a direct cause of an increase in insulin levels, which can aggravate skin troubles along with other PCOD symptoms. Avoiding red meat and eating lean meat instead will help the condition and reduce the chances of infertility. It is always recommended to avoid hydrogenated and saturated fats, which are normally found in animal and dairy-based food. Try to put a stop to cheese, cottage cheese, clarified butter, pork, lamb, beef, etc. and certain baked products like cookies, cakes and fudges as they will trigger a rise in your blood sugar and cholesterol levels.
The following dietary tips can be helpful with the condition:
- High levels of the insulin hormone causes PCOS symptoms like high blood sugar, increased hair growth, weight gain etc. So, refined foods rich in fat and carbohydrates should be consumed in small amounts.
- Whole foods in their natural, uncooked form should be consumed fruits, vegetables, nuts, beans etc. These are low glycemic foods that reduce the glucose circulation by insulin.
- Intake of salt should be very limited. You should not consume more than 3 grams a day.
- Green vegetables have antioxidants. These are good for women with PCOS because they have a high amount of oxidative stress.
- Your daily diet should contain at least 30 grams of fiber to improve the digestion process and remove toxins.
- Milk and dairy products are best avoided because milk helps to increase the level of testosterone (male hormone) in the body.
- Soy products should also be avoided, especially if you are trying to conceive, because they interfere with the ovulation cycle.
- Processed fat is harmful but essential fatty acids found in avocado, fish, olive oil and nuts are important for the body.
- High levels of male hormones also cause high cholesterol. So foods which have high saturated fats like butter, cream, coconut oil and fatty meat should not be included in the regular diet of women with PCOS.
- Protein-rich foods like lean meat, fish, legumes, whole grains are beneficial as protein can stabilize blood sugar. These foods also keep you feeling full and prevent over-eating.
PCOD is such a condition which you can never afford to overlook. If you had been facing any of the common symptoms, then it is probably time to pay a visit to a responsive gynaecologist. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
Respected Dr. My wife suffering from Cystitis. We Got married 3 months back. Drs diagnose it as honeymoon cystitis. Going on under antibiotic treatment. Need your valuable opinion doctor.
I am 29 years old and 30 weeks pregnant you have small painless lump in my right breast since 5 yrs. Will it be safe to feed breast to baby?
I am trying to conceive I just turn to 33 years please help me I am taking gestofit 100 mg as doctor suggested to insert inside vagina from 17th day to 15 day and check pregnancy test, my cycle is regular on 27th day, if I conceive I be very happy but if not then when will get my date coz I heard many saying gestofit delay periods please tell me. But my cycle is always in time, please tell me when the date of mine will come or it will come in 27 day of cycle please help me.
Who doesn't want a flat stomach? Six-pack abs are the ultimate goal for fitness freaks and fashionistas alike. If only, they were easy to achieve! While most people focus only on exercises to build a six pack, it is impossible to achieve without complementing your exercise plan with a diet plan. Whether you eat three meals a day or six smaller meals a day, here are a few diet hacks to help you get those abs faster.
- If it comes out of a box, stay away: Cut back on all processed food. Bread, refined sugar, alcohol, processed meats should all be replaced with fresh healthy options. If you must have bread, look for multigrain loaves and if you can't drink unsweetened tea, try honey instead of sugar.
- Mix your carbs: Carbs are often misunderstood. Having a completely carb free diet is not good for the body, but you should control your carb intake. Plan your weekly diet in such a way that your carbohydrate intake is cycled by alternating between high, moderate and low carbohydrate diet days. It will also help to plan your carb intake around your workout so that the energy produced is used to fuel your exercise.
- Eat before going out: Parties are not ideal when you're trying to build abs. It is extremely difficult to refuse the bite sized portions of delicious looking yet unhealthy food that surrounds you. Eating a protein rich meal before heading out will make your stomach full and make it easier to control your indulgences.
- Eat slowly: Along with what you eat, the speed at which you eat is also important. Chewing your food not only burns calories but also gives the brain the illusion that you have been eating for long and your stomach is full. Thus the slower you eat, the less you will eat.
- Drink water before a meal: Drinking a minimum of 8-10 glasses of water is a must for every diet. Instead of drinking water after a meal, drink a full glass before eating. This fills up your stomach and makes you feel satiated faster.
- Pre plan: Carrying your lunch to office is a sure shot way of reducing your calorie intake as compared to eating fast food or grabbing something from the office canteen. Keeping a couple of nuts and protein bars handy can also prevent unhealthy snacking.
- Don't shop hungry: If you're in a supermarket and faced with a choice between protein bars and ice cream, it is easier to go for ice cream than protein bar. For this reason, never shop on an empty stomach.