Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Poonam SadanaYour feedback matters!
I am aged 73 and my wife is aged 67. My wife has pacemaker and also had some skin rashes around her vaginal area. For the year or so she is getting affected by urinary infections. She has undergone for treatments for the same. We have sexual intercourse ones a fortnight or a month. After the intercourse her urinary infections seem to get repeated. What can be done to overcome the problem.
She is my wife and she is 16 weeks pregnant. She is suffering some vaginal infection. Due to this she is refusing sex. If we do sex she is getting heavy pain for one to two hours. Due to this we did sex just two times in this 16 weeks. Is there any solution for this. Please help us with a solution.
Hello this is carol. I had unprotected sex with my husband in the month of november. And there after we didn't have sex. I had my regular periods for two months i. E, in December and in Jan. But this month which is Feb, I dint get my periods yet. Is there any chances of getting pregnancy now.? I really wanted to know. please help me with your suggestions. Thank you.
As you age your body gives way to a number of health problems including those associated with the bones, ligaments, joints, and muscles. But certain orthopedic problems are very common among the aged due to the different biological changes that occur in the bodies of the aged. Nonetheless, some of these very common orthopedic problems are:
- Osteoarthritis - This is a degenerative condition that occurs in the hands, ankles, fingers, spine and knees. When the condition strikes, it hampers your ability to perform everyday tasks, specifically activities that require you to be flexible, agile and mobile. Although no cure is available for treating this condition, there are certain methods that you can employ to increase flexibility and reduce pain.
- Osteoporosis - Once you cross the 30th mark in age, your ability to absorb calcium decreases and the formation of new bones see a hit. As a result, your body begins to absorb calcium that has been stored in the bones, leading to a weakening of the bones. This condition is known as osteoporosis and is said to occur in individuals above the age of 50.
- Fractures - Fractures are also very common among the aged. They occur due to a decrease in your bone mineral density (it stands for the amount of minerals present in your bone tissue). When this happens, it causes you to suffer from brittle and weaker bones. In combination with physical problems faced during old age, especially vision problems and unsteady body balance, the prospects of suffering from fractures increase significantly.
- Dislocation of bones - Occurring after a fall, dislocation of bones and joints is another common orthopedic problem you may face as you grow old. The initial treatment for any dislocation involves RICE: Rest, Ice, Compression, and Elevation.
I am 22 weeks pregnant and have hypothyroid and hypertension. I take aldomet 250 mcg every night. And after medication my bp is 130/80. Dr. Have prescribed me jusprin too. My question is can I fly to india? Right now I am at my in laws plc in kuwait so can I fly to india? Is it safe as I have hypertension? Usually before pregnancy whenever I use to travel my aeroplane, I usually have breathing problems for 20 minutes. And being overweight I also feel fatigue. So is it safe to travel bg aeroplane at this moment?
“Cold and Flu” season is right around the corner, and it seems that everywhere you go you run into someone sneezing! How can you boost your immunity so you can stay healthy this Winter? Getting sick is not only uncomfortable, but it also impacts your productivities, your energy level and even your relationship (Have you ever got snappy because you have a sore throat or a headache?) Luckily, there are some easy ways to strengthen your immune system by adding some common yet nutritious foods to your diet. They have high immunity boosting nutrients (e.g. vitamins A, B, and C, zinc), anti-viral and/or antibacterial properties:
1.Yogurt (ideally plain yogurt as added sugar can suppress immunity) – probiotics help strengthen immune system.
2.Pumpkin seeds – high in zinc and omega-3, both essential for a healthy immune system.
3.Cold water fish – good source of protein and omega-3.
4.Fresh fruits and vegetables, especially carrots, beets, sweet potatoes, tomatoes – they are rich in beta-carotene, a precursor of vitamin A.
5.Ground seeds, lentils, beans and whole grains – good source of B vitamins and protein.
6.Ginger – has anti-viral properties.
7.Garlic – has anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties.
8.Honey (raw) –has anti-viral properties.
9.Green tea –has anti-viral properties.
10.Mushrooms (maitake, reishi, shiitake) – elevate flu-fighting agents.
Bonus tips: avoid sugar and alcohol, both of which can weaken your immune system.
I'm 27 old women I missed my periods from 2 week and my low stomach was paining even spot blood also coming in day wt to do I'm.
From sex to pregnancy to vomit .how long did this period occur. Is this time takes a month or 10-12 days plzz answer.
Anorgasmia, also known as Coughlan's syndrome, is a form of dysfunction, which deters your performance in bed. It is defined as the inability of a patient to achieve an orgasm even with adequate stimulation. Anorgasmia may also refer to long delays in achieving an orgasm, causing significant concern or stress to the patient. This condition is more commonly seen in women, especially those in the postmenopausal age group.This is especially common in women.
Cause of Anorgasmia:
- Trauma to the genital or pelvic organs; this trauma can be acquired from straddle injuries, for example falling off a balance beam or a bicycle
- Complications of surgery in the pelvic area
- Gynecologic operations, difficult childbirth and prosthetic procedures
- Diseases, such as multiple sclerosis, spinal cord injuries and diabetes mellitus
- Psychological conditions such as anxiety, depression or alcoholism
- Certain kinds of drugs such as antidepressant medications
- Addiction to heroin and other opiates
Occasionally, anorgasmia results from a combination of these causes
Symptoms of Anorgasmia: The primary symptom of anorgasmia is the failure to climax during sexual intercourse. Some patients may also experience a decreased intensity of orgasms, take a longer time than usual to achieve orgasms, and experience pain in lower abdomen or pelvic region during sexual intercourse. These symptoms can produce marked distress for the individual.
Types of Treatments Available: Anorgasmia is best managed by a sexual therapist. These experts are specialists in managing sexual dysfunction, and would initially confirm the diagnosis with several blood tests. A thorough neurological examination will be performed and hormone levels, blood sugar and genital blood flow will be evaluated.
Anorgasmia can be treated with:
- Changes in lifestyle and sexual practices
- Minimizing stress and anxiety
- Trying different techniques of sexual stimulation
- Kegel exercises
- Use of several devices, such as vacuum pumps and vibrators
- Cognitive therapy, a form of behavioral therapy that promotes changes in a person's ideas and attitude towards sexual activity)
- Counseling for couples (to allow them to address any issues in the relationship, at home and in the bedroom)