Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Poonam MehrotraYour feedback matters!
My baby is 11months old by mistake she swallowed 1 MM. Plastic piece! She is not showing up any nausea tic signs! Please suggest I am tensed and worried!
My daughter is 1 month 17 days old. She always put her tongue out as if she feels retch or vomiting tendency. She do this always from birth. It increases after she is being feed. I also observed spit bubbles in her mouth.
My daughter is seven and she gets cold attack every night her nose gets blocked and she freaks out as it becomes very uncomfortable for her to breathe. She doesnotven have cold in a days times that affects her.
Hi actually I have to ask a question about my daughter she is of 2 years and 4 months she didn't any thing and if she ate than it is only a chapati without any vegetables or pulses I am really fed up of her I want some solution for her due to her weight and height would increase.
Hi, I am married since 8 years and last year I deliver a baby in 7th month but he is no more .that also ivf baby and now I want to go for IVF now shall you suggest best and good success rate ivf centres in Delhi.
Dear doctor I would like to know about my daughter growth issue. Actually she was early born at the time of 9th month starting then she was only 1.8 kg know she was 3.2 and age 2 months 11 days my worry is only her hands and legs are looking short. Pls let me know on her growth.
Any advances in treatment of psoriasis? for 2 years on 3x/week dialysis following pneumonia. How can I revover from ckd 5?
My 4 year old is not improving his height and weight. Inspire of having nutritious food like fruits, boiled veggies and egg. I have being using pediasure for almost a year but no change. Even we got checked him for any ailments like lead test, HB and all. All the reports are normal. What should I do? Please suggest.
Please respected sir and madam, and its an emergency. Its a case of hole in heart there are two holes in a new born baby of my neighbors. Baby is in very serious condition can you help please suggest, in evening we have admitted her in hospital her age is 5 months and I want to help her.
Hi it is about my 7 year son. Actually I think he has some problem, whenever he watch tv he copied the t.v. Character very deeply, whenever he is alone he talks himself and speak tv character dilouge act like them and one more thing and he don't behave enough mature as per other children do in the age. Of 7-8. Please reply as soon as possible. Thanks
Growth hormone or somatropin is responsible for cell growth as well as reproduction. But insufficient somatropin production by the pituitary gland may result in lack in height. It is mostly caused by a serious brain injury, any prevalent medical condition or might occur as a birth defect.
- Congenital GHD - This form of GHD appears from at the time of birth itself.
- Acquired GHD- GHD can be acquired during later life as a result of trauma, infection, tumor growth within the brain or radiation therapy.
- Idiopathic GHD- Idiopathic GHD is the third, and comparatively worst kind of GHD since it has no treatment.
GHD is mostly permanent, but can also be transient. Read on to know how to detect whether you or your child is suffering from growth hormone deficiency (GHD).
- Restricted height- Compared to other children of your child's age, he/she may be of shorter height, which is a rather conclusive sign to detect somatropin deficiency.
- Chubby and comparatively younger appearance- Your child may have a proportionate body, but if he/she is unnaturally chubby and has a baby-face compared to other children, he/she may be suffering from GHD.
- Late puberty- Your child's puberty maybe later than usual or even not appear at all, depending upon the gravity of the GHD.
- Hypoglycemia and exaggerated jaundice- Low blood sugar is amongst the most primary manifestations of GHD, along with extended duration of jaundice.
- Micro-penis- Micro penis condition is one of the incident signs of GHD, which later escalates to growth deficit as the infant gets older.
- Fatigue- Adults with GHD may experience extreme tiredness throughout the day, with reduced muscle strength.
- Osteoporosis- Osteoporosis, along with bodily deformities, is a common sign in adults with GHD.
- Lipid abnormalities- A test of your lipid profile may reveal abnormalities in LDL cholesterol, insulin resistance, and impaired cardiac functions.
Tests to determine GHD:
- Physical test- A chart is drawn to determine the proportion of height and weight with respect to your age to detect anomalies.
- Hand X-ray- A hand X-ray can determine whether the age of bones are at par with your age.
- MRI-MRI scan can determine the health of your brain and pituitary gland.
- Test for other hormones- Growth Hormone may not be solely responsible for your health condition, so it is important to determine if other hormone levels are all normal.
- Hormone supplements- Hormone supplements like corticosteroids (hydrocortisone or prednisone), Levothyroxine (levoxyl, synthroid, etc), and others work to replenish the deficiency of pituitary hormones.
- Growth hormone injection- GH is injected beneath your skin, to cure GDH. This is a long-term treatment and requires constant monitoring.