Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Poonam MehrotraYour feedback matters!
I have a baby she is just completed 6 months and she has not been receptive to water, Juices, Formula milk. So could you please suggest anything for her to be able to be receptive to those things.
16 days old baby is vomiting just after breastfeeding from yesterday and stomach is getting bigger. Stool and urination are ok. Not sleeping properly. Please help me how to get rid of this ?
My 2 year old child has early tooth caries, what should I do? Can I go for a treatment? please help me.
Hi, my daughter s 19 months old, and her anterior fontanelle has not yet closed. I am much worried about it. Should I have to wait more or get treated for any deficiencies?
My kid 6 years old, when ever whether change she get cough and cold, do we have any good medicine, every time we could not able to use antibiotics, kindly help, thanking you.
It is World Asthma Day. Let us all join hands and control it.
Remember 'Prevention is the best strategy'
Asthma is a disease of the airways in the lungs.
You can get asthma at any age. You can not catch asthma from other people. Many times more than one person in the same family has asthma.
Airways carry air to the lungs. Airways get smaller and smaller like branches of a tree.
When asthma is under control, the airways are clear and air flows easily in and out.
When asthma is not under control, the sides of the airways in the lungs are
always thick and swollen and an asthmatic attack can happen easily.
During an asthma attack, less air can get in and out of the lungs. People a cough and wheeze. The chest feels tight.
The sides of the airways get even more swollen, squeezed and start to make mucus.
Preventive medicines for asthma are safe to use every day.
- You can not become addicted to preventive medicines for asthma even if you use them for many years.
- Preventive medicine makes the swelling of the airways in the lungs go away.
Monitor the signs and symptoms of this disease and Be prepared.
Always have asthma medicine. Buy before you run out and Always carry your quick-relief asthma medicine with you when you leave home.
My son aged 13 has fever since 2 days. Doctor has said he has viral infection and given medicine accordingly. But fever is not receding. And digital thermostat showed 104.9 temp and now it is 104.5. Please guide.
My son age 1 year some time he is suffering from sudden congestion. Doctors giving it high antibiotics. What is the reason of sudden congestion (within 2 hours)? what is safe medication or safe antibiotics for him?
I have blessed with a baby boy on 16 jan 2016 now he was 28 weeks old when he was born and his weight is 1 kg 300 gm and now he has weight of 1 kg 400gm I want to know that when he will discharge from hospital is he safe in hospital or he will be safe at home as we can take special care off him 24×7 we should wait or bring him home doctors are saying that he is absolutely fine. Then why doctors are not giving him holiday.
My son is 15 months old. For the last one week he has developed a habit of getting irritated at anything for most of the times in a day and he keeps screeching. Also, he has started avoiding eatables and is not at all interested in taking food by any means. Is it normal in this period of infancy or he needs some kind of extra efforts from us. Please advise. Thanks,
I am from noida. I want to tell you about my daughter. Sir I have a daughter her age is 1.9 yrs. She does not eat properly. She do not like milk and food but sometimes she drink only fruity sir please tell me the treatment of this type of like. Please tell me the medicine which will be helpful for my daughter for hunger. Thanks
My grandson, aged 2 years and 3 months now is struggling to speak except for words like Papa, Bike, Car, Horse. He is not speaking words with'M' including Mama. What should we do?
My son is 5 year old. When he speaks, we feel some mucus is stuck behind his nose and when we blow nothing comes out. His one nostril is always blocked and he gets dry cough often. Please suggest good remedy for this ?
What can be the cause if a six year child dont show any interest towards study? is this to be taken much seriously?
As i am potts spine tuberculosis patient and doctor not allowed me to breastfeed my 7month old baby so my baby is on lactogen 2formula please suggest me some best formula milk and some formula cereal or food for my baby. I really cannot breastfeed my baby because of my disease I just feed her till 6months.
Please suggest some good products like any good brand oil which can help in making baby and baby bones strong. Also suggest any brand for milk supplement for my baby. Also any other thing whichbu can suggest I should start for him at this age like pediasure etc.
Study Smarter and Not Harder!
There are few things I hear over and over again from students -
- How they are studying for so many in a day
- How they do not have even time for anything else in their life due to study pressure
- How they are sleep deprived
- How much they are stressed
- And finally, after all the sacrifices and hard work, their exam performance is not what they expect.
Here are few tips to study smart, improve your grades and yet have a life!
We all know that 2 hours of focused study will be much more productive than 4 hours of distracted study.
And the good news is that concentration is a mental skill that you can develop and improve.
There are two ways to improve your concentration:
First, work on raising your brain's natural ability to concentrate or in other words, learn to increase your attention span.
Second, adjust the environment around you to make concentrating easier.
Improving your concentration takes a little time and effort, but it is worth it. In my personal experience with students, I have seen noticeable improvement in relatively short time.
Ideas for daily concentration-boosting habits include:
- Mindfulness meditation - many studies confirm that 20 minutes of meditation or more per day improves concentration and attention span. Mindfulness meditation, where one focuses on one's breathing, is one of the simplest way of meditation. Start with ten minutes in the morning and ten minutes before bed. To begin with you may try a guided meditation. One can easily find audios for guided meditation online.
- Proper sleep - I am sorry to say this. Pulling all nighters will not help with your grade. Unless you are getting sufficient restful sleep, you are not going to be as mentally focused as you could be to study as well as answer questions in exams.
- Food for your Brain - The more you use certain skills, the more they are reinforced in the brain. So it makes sense that playing concentration games and games that require you to focus will improve your concentration ability. You need to be consistent in this. Play for about 10 to 20 minutes each day. Have fun, and get the benefits but remember not to spend more than 20 minutes a day. Your goal is to improve your concentration and not just keep scoring higher in the game! Try Lumocity and use only free version this will help you restrict your daily play time to 20 minutes and have maximum benefit.
- Eat healthier - your brain needs the proper nutrients to allow you to focus. Eat more vegetables and fruits and avoid consumption of junk food as much as possible. Instead you could keep some nuts such as walnuts, almond or peanuts as in between munches. Lot of research has now proven that sugar is very harmful for our health. Reduce sugar and refined white flour in your diet as much as you could.
- Exercise - is helpful in both reducing stress and increasing energy and focus. At least 20 minutes a day would go a long way. Going for a short jog of 20 minutes will make next 4-5 hours of study very efficient.
Optimize your mental state and environment:
In addition to building the habits described above into your daily routine; also adjust your environment and your current mental state to improve your concentration when studying.
Create a study space - Your brain loves routine. Create a place where all you do is study. An obvious choice is a secluded desk of some kind, but the trick is to make sure you only study in that spot. Studying in bed is a bad habit, for example, because your body is trained to want to sleep once you get into bed.
Remove distractions - Turn off the ringer on your phone and take other steps to prevent interruptions. Don't study with the television on or with radio playing. Some studies have shown that soft instrumental music (no vocals) can help improve your concentration.
Reduce background noises - If you have to study or work in an environment where it is too loud (classroom or open space) or too quiet (such as at home or at a library) you can get easily distracted by outside influences. With the right amount of background noise you can actually block out distractions and enhance your creative thinking.
Use timer - Set a time limit when you need to study new material. For example, let's say you want to read one chapter in a book (and remember it). Decide in advance that you can have 45 minutes to read the chapter, and 15 minutes to review it. Set a timer to keep yourself honest, then pace yourself to keep within the allotted time.
Stay motivated - If you see studying as burden, it's hard to concentrate. One way to stay motivated is to set up a reward system. Tell yourself you have to earn that hour of watching your favorite show later in the evening by first completing 2-3 hours of intense studying.
That way, even if the material is dry, you have the reward to look forward to.
Take breaks - Take a break every two hours. You mental energy will begin to decline after a long period of study. So every two hours or so, take a ten minute break. Walk around, eat a light snack, or just stare at the wall to relax your mind.
Concentrating is the first step to learning anything new. It only makes sense that if you improve your concentration, your memory will improve also.
How can I help?
If you want to get individualized expert opinion about how you are studying currently and what ways you can improve; book an audio consultation with me. Once I know what your current study methods are, I will be able to give you specific tips to improve upon. Most likely once you incorporate my tips you will be spending less time studying and your grades will improve. That's what is studying smarter and not harder means!!