Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Poonam MalhotraYour feedback matters!
She had sex 6 days back on the same day of her periods she thinking tat she could be pregnant she was unmarried at present she does not want to be pregnant she was studying she just wants to continue her education she want to take medical abortion.
Hello sir, I'm 26 year's old I have found my right side breast is small and left side is big is it cancer. Please tell me.
Everytime on mensuration period she have massive stomach ache so what is the solution for this problem.
Plz help. I got involved in a sexual relationship on 27th august. I took ipill with 7 hours. And then suffered bleeding from 1st September to 4th September although it was not my period date. I've done 4 home urine pregnancy test with prega news pregnancy kit. 1st after 21 days of intercourse, 2nd after 28 days, 3rd after 35 days. Of intercourse and today I did my 4th test after 42 days of intercourse. All the test came NEGATIVE. But any periods have not started yet. And can it be that these results can be wrong?
I am married 8 months ago , 6 week amenorrhoea now & Had misscarrg of 2 months in August.Please suggest for the same
4 months ago my wife had some rashes in vagina after periods. After his periods over we had sex. Then Every time when I sex with my wife without condom Some red rash appears in my pines Head. But it's disappear with in a week. But it's come again and again. I am very scared? please help me. Is it any chance of HIV?
My sister has a fibroid in her uterus. The size of the fibroid is 17.82*15.56*14.29.Her CA125 blod report is 32.23.Please suggest
Ovulaion date k Nex day me sex krne se pregnency aaskti Hain? Ovulaion kitne din tk hoti hain? 10th April ovulaion date tha 11th April sex krne se pregnency confirm hain? Patla semen se pregnency aaskti Hain?(Daily sex krne se sperm count quality khrab ho gya mujhe lagta Hain. Semen patla ho gaya)
Dear My wife occurs infertility problem since 6 years my marriages complete 7 years, but infertility problem till date so 1 irregular periods: 2 ovulations occurs late as per 20 to 22 days In some time no ovulations, all medicines ,injections proper done to take but not conceive 3 blood reports are normal 4 weight as per bmi no problem age 27 and weight 52 KGS 5 thyroids starting problem after diagnosis normal stage last 5 years thyroid tablets continue 50 mg at till normal levels 6 HSG no problem 7 PCT test also normal Please advice me treatment on infertility issues Or treatment Only issue on not proper ovulation in day 14 to 16 so better treatment?
Hello, I have one small doubt. That is how we can avoid pregnancy after sex? And which tablets will work?
Severe abdominal pain occurs during menstruation. Why it occurs? And what to be done to control it? After taking Meftal -spas also I don't feel any difference.
She is 33 YRS. She is having habit of eating raw rice & having periods problem since 3 months last 2 months only 2 days & previous month's didn't happen what medication is to be done pls advice.
I am 26 years old and I have pcos. I am confused about my diet. Inspite of walking and exercise I am not satisfied with my weight loss. Is there any medication or diet following that I can have regular periods.
For my sister she got married last 1 year over and still not pregnant she consult one doctor he told there is no chance. you have any treatment or solution for that ?
Female infertility is considered as the inability of conceiving. As per WHO it is described as the inability to be pregnant, maintain and carry forward a pregnancy to its full term. It is often of two types:
- Primary Infertility: This is the inability to give birth to a baby either due to the inability to become pregnant or maintain a pregnancy, which includes stillborn and miscarriage.
- Secondary Infertility: This refers to the inability to give birth when there is already a live birth or the woman was pregnant.
The causes of infertility can vary from being acquired or genetic. However, following factors are largely responsible for infertility:
- Genetic: Some genes can lead to mutation leading to infertility like, in case of BMP15 gene there is a hypergonadotrophic ovarian failure which causes infertility.
- Acquired: This is caused by factors like age, smoking, sexually transmitted diseases, obesity, body weight, eating disorders, diseases like diabetes, thrombophilia and also radiation and chemotherapy.
The treatment for infertility usually depends on the cause, age, duration of time for which a person has been infertile and preference of the patient. Infertility is believed to be a complex disorder and the treatment involves a huge amount of physical, financial and psychological commitments. All this also requires a lot of time. Some women might need just a minimum of two therapies to attain fertility while others might require different treatment before they can conceive.
Treatment is largely aimed to restore the fertility either by means of medication and surgery or help in reproduction with the help of some procedures.
Fertility Restoration through medication
This is the main treatment for women who are infertile because of ovulation disorders. These drugs include:
- Gonadotropins: These are injected to stimulate the ovaries. Drugs like Menopur, Repronex, Follistim AQ, Gonal-F, Bravelle restore the production of eggs, while Ovidrel and Pregnyl are used for maturing the eggs and for their release.
- Clomiphene citrate: This is taken orally and stimulates ovulation by releasing more Follicle Stimulating Hormone and Luteinizing Hormone from the pituitary gland.
- Metformin: This is used in females who have PCOS and also when insulin resistance plays a major role in infertility.
- Bromocriptine: Used when the infertility is caused due to excess prolactin production.
- Letrozole: This also induces ovulation
Fertility Restoration through surgery
Surgical procedures can amend the problem of infertility. However, these treatments are very rare these days owing to the success of other fertility treatments. These include:
- Tubal ligation reversal surgery: In case a tubal ligation has been performed it can be reversed by reconnecting the tubes again through surgery.
- Hysteroscopic surgery: This corrects or removes the abnormalities that cause infertility. This surgery can correct the shape of the uterus, remove endometrial polyps and improve chance of getting pregnant.
- Tubal surgeries: In case of blocked fallopian tubes laproscopic surgery can be performed to dilate the tubes, removed blockages or create a new opening.
Assistance in Reproduction through techniques
The most common used techniques for reproduction assistance are:
- Intrauterine insemination or IUI: In this about million healthy sperms are put in the uterus at the time of ovulation.
- Assisted reproductive technology: In this mature eggs are retrieved from a woman and this is then fertilized with sperms in a dish in the lab. Once the fertilization is done the embryo is placed in the uterus for further development. IVF is the most common and effective assisted reproductive technology. This procedure takes place over weeks with several blood tests and hormone injections.
Dealing with infertility is not easy and can be emotionally and physically draining. To cope with the various tests and treatments of infertility one should be fully prepared, eat a healthy diet, exercise reach out for help and support of family and friends and look for other options like a donor egg, adoption or no children.
She is in second trimester. USG shows twins, twin A- normal, twin B -no movement and, Parasitesed, kindly give your valuable suggestion. Thanks.
It's said that blocked fallopian tube is the most common cause of female infertility in about 40% women. Fallopian tubes are channels through which the egg travels to reach the uterus and blockage of these tubes can put a stop to this from taking place. Depending on the different parts of the tubes, this form of blockage is of several types.
What are the different types of fallopian tube blockages?
- Proximal tubal occlusion: This form of fallopian tube blockage involves the isthmus (an area of about 2 cm long, this part of the fallopian tube connects the infundibulum and ampulla to the uterus). This problem occurs due to complications associated with abortion, cesarean section or PID (pelvic inflammatory disease).
- Mid-segment tubal obstruction: It occurs in the ampullary section of the fallopian tube and is most frequently a result of tubal ligation damage. The procedure of tubal ligation is performed to put a stop to pregnancy permanently.
- Distal tubal occlusion: This is a kind of blockage wherein the section of the fallopian tube that is close to the ovary is affected and is commonly associated with a condition known as hydrosalpinx (a condition in which the fallopian tube is filled with fluid). The latter often happens due to Chlamydia infection, leading to fallopian tube and pelvic adhesions.
The conditions that may give rise to this problem can include:
- Genital tuberculosis (the TB infection that occurs in the genital tract)
- Ectopic pregnancy (pregnancy in which the embryo places itself outside the uterus)
- Tubal ligation removal
- Complications related to surgery of the lower abdomen
- Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID)
- Uterine fibroids (benign growths that occur in the uterus)
- Endometriosis (development of uterine tissue outside of the organ)
These disorders can lead to the development of scar tissue, adhesions, polyps or tumors to form inside the pathway. Additionally, the tubes can also get stuck to other body parts such as ovaries, bladder, uterus and bowels. Two things can happen to the fallopian tubes, either they can become twisted or the tubes walls may stick together, leading to a complete blockage. Moreover, even if the fallopian tubes are partially damaged, they can remain open so as to enable pregnancy to occur, while increasing your risk for ectopic pregnancy.