Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Poonam Malhotra
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Poonam MalhotraYour feedback matters!
Drinking warm water early morning and at bed time is very necessary to keep your gut healthy and toxin free.
Hello Dr, I am not getting pregnant What is the problem can you suggest something. What I should I do?
I have 2 cyst in my ovary and its paining. I am only 21 years old. I do not want to operate it. Will laser treatment beneficial or any other way for complete removal of my cyst .due to cyst my growth is stop. please suggest what to remove my cyst?
When it comes to pregnancy, caring for your body begins even before conception. Preconception health care focuses on what you need to do before getting pregnant and increases your chances of having a healthy baby. For some women, it can take a merely a few months to prepare their body for pregnancy while for others, it can take longer.
Here are a few steps to help you get ready for a healthy pregnancy.
- Visit the doctor: Your first visit to a doctor should be scheduled long before you conceive a child. Your doctor will typically want to know what medication you are on and if any vaccinations are scheduled. He or she will also discuss your medical history and any medical conditions that may affect the baby’s development. You may be asked to undergo a routine blood and urine test to check your hormone levels and rule out any infections. A visit to the dentist is also a good idea.
- Start nutritional supplements: Expectant mothers are almost always advised to start folic acid supplements early in the pregnancy. This helps the development of the baby in its first few weeks of life and helps prevent birth deformities such as spina bifida. Other supplements that may be recommended include zinc and calcium. However, it is always a good idea to take these supplements only after consulting a doctor.
- Make positive lifestyle changes: If you drink alcohol or smoke, now would be a good time to stop. Alcohol and nicotine can affect your baby’s health and hence it is important to cleanse your body of these toxins before conception. Alcohol and caffeine have both been linked to the risk of miscarriages and lower the chances of conceiving a baby. Consider moving if you live around a toxic atmosphere and shifting jobs if your work stresses you out too much.
- Exercise: Regular exercise helps keep you fit and boosts your stamina and immunity. Regular exercise also helps avoid pregnancy complications such as preeclampsia and diabetes. Additionally, it helps keep weight gain under control and can help shorten labour time. However, do not start anything extremely strenuous but limit yourself to simple exercises like walking and swimming.
- Maintain a healthy weight: Being overweight can increase your risk of pregnancy complications and hence if you are planning on conceiving a child, now is the time to reach a healthy BMI. To do this, you must follow a healthy diet and exercise regularly. Being underweight can also trigger problems and hence you should talk to your doctor about finding a way to reach the optimum weight. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I am 21 years old and have pcos. Recently I see that some liquid (light white colour) fell from my two breast. I have no pain. No itches. No lumps. I am not married. Is it a problem?
Your metabolism is not the same in the evening as it was in the morning because you are not as active at night. The level of activity decreases as the day progresses, as does your metabolism. If you must stray from your healthy eating plan, eat more in the first half of the day, during lunch and brunch.
Laser liposuction is the process of removal of excessive fatty tissue from the body through the use of laser light. This can be done both as treatment and cosmetic procedures.
Liposuction is gaining popularity because of the following reasons
- With changing food habits, more and more processed foods have found their way onto our plates. All this has led to increased fat in the diet and increased the incidence of obesity. The age of onset of obesity is also reduced drastically.
- This problem is compounded by reduced physical activity, promoting further fat accumulation.
- Added to this is another dimension where ‘thin is in.’ So there is a change in the definition of ‘fat’ and people want to look thin and sculpted
How it is done?
- The first step is to identify if the person is a candidate for this procedure
- Laser lipo can be done in cases of moderate to severe obesity and in people with skin laxity
- The abdomen, thighs, male breasts, back, and arms are all feasible areas for liposuction
- The patient and surgeon should have realistic expectations in terms of results, risks, complications, and post-op process.
- The procedure is done under local anaesthesia or general anaesthesia depending on the extent of the surgery (area and amount of fat)
- Areas of operation are pre-marked and intensive laser light is directed at this area
- The laser is used in different layers of the skin with different intent
- In the deeper layers of the skin, the laser is directed at fat cell walls which are broken, and the fatty oils leak out, and these disrupted cells are then removed
- The amount of fat to be removed is already determined prior to the procedure
- The oil and disrupted cells are removed producing a better contour
- The next superficial layers of the skin contain blood vessels, which are also coagulated by the laser. This reduces the blood loss during the procedure and less bruising after the procedure
- When the laser is used on the more superficial layers, the heat causes the skin to produce more collagen and elastin, which are the essential skin proteins. This promotes healing and improves the skin quality after the laser lipo is done.
Alternately, in some people, only the deeper layers are acted upon and the superficial layers are left untouched. The released oils and fat fragments are allowed to be absorbed by the body. This is more useful in areas where the skin is extremely thin, like the face over head and neck areas. It may also be used where only skin tightening without too much fat removal is required.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!