Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Poonam MalhotraYour feedback matters!
A Short Resume of CBT-Read & Correct Yourself
- Tension problems - can have somatic, psychological, social dimensions. headaches, bodyaches, abdominal complaints, palpitations, depressions, worry, suspicions, obsessions, fears, sleeplessness, anger etc
- And tension thoughts cause >Feelings and Behaviors.
- Based on assumption or guess that most emotional and behavioral reactions-wrong habits are learned.
- Benefit of remaining calm or at least neutral when faced with difficult situations. (If you are upset by your problems, you now have 2 problems: 1) the problem, and 2) your tension about the problem
- "Rational thoughts." –are Facts and not assumptions
- Most emotional and behavioral reactions are learned.That is bad learning
- What is irrational thinking? It is wrong thinking
- I need love and approval from those around to me.
- I must avoid disapproval from any source.
- To be worthwhile as a person I must achieve success at whatever I do.
- I can not allow myself to make mistakes.
- People should always do the right thing. When they behave badly, unfairly or selfishly, they must be blamed and punished.
- Things must be the way I want them to be.
- My unhappiness is caused by things that are outside my control – so there is nothing I can do to feel any better.
- I must worry about things that could be dangerous, unpleasant or frightening – otherwise they might happen.
- I must avoid life’s difficulties, unpleasantness, and responsibilities. You will try but not always succeed
- Everyone needs to depend on someone stronger than themselves.
- Events in my past are the cause of my problems – and they continue to influence my feelings and behaviours now.
- I should become upset when other people have problems, and feel unhappy when they’re sad.
- I shouldn’t have to feel discomfort and pain.
- Every problem should have an ideal solution.
- Emotional tension resulting from the perception that one’s ‘self’ or personal worth is threatened – and lead to other problems such as avoidance of situations where failure, disapproval, etc. might occur.
- Looking to other people for acceptance; and unassertive behaviour through fear of what others may think.
- Discomfort disturbance:
- Results from demands about others (e.g. ‘People must treat me right’) and about the world (e.g. “The circumstances under which I live must be the way I want”).
- Self-help exercises
- Experiential activities
- Thought Stopping
- Intentional Reframing
The process:A →B → C Understand the
· A = Activating Event of tension.
· B = Beliefs, Thoughts, Attitudes, Assumptions of tension.
· C = Consequences, Feelings, Emotions, Behaviors, Actions of tension.
Hi doctor, I am 32 yrs old, newly married. Last week I finished with my periods & had intercourse. I had an i pill too, same day. Today morning I started bleeding. I do not know why. And I started my workout out today, treadmill & floor exercises. Why am I bleeding? Please advise.
My friend having age 23 in her mensuration period there is no bleeding having white discharge so what happened.
One of the most common scenarios that most people are faced with is a constant feeling of tiredness and lethargy even after you have had a full night’s sleep. The questions popping in your mind right about now is, why is this happening? Why does the lethargic feeling fail to leave you even after you had a proper 8 hours sleep? Why is your sleep getting into the way of your professional productivity? Though there are a number of different explanations to this constant feeling of cloudiness throughout the day, hence, experts in the field have listed down some of the factors that prove to be the major causes behind this condition.
Some of these most common and powerful reasons are listed below.
- Thyroid: The moment your thyroid levels start soaring, you will automatically find it difficult to keep up with the pace that your day to day life demands. The thyroid gland, which is placed right in front of the throat, is the size of the knot on your tie. This gland produces a hormone. When the activity of the thyroid gland, it starts secreting more and more of the hormones, leading to a condition termed as hyperthyroidism. The same gland when underperforms, it starts holding back the hormone secretion, leading to a condition called hypothyroidism. In both the cases the metabolism of the body slows down, leading to an increased level of tiredness even after proper sleep.
- Anaemia: Another leading cause of that nagging feeling of sleepiness and draining energy is Anaemia. Anaemia causes a certain amount of fatigue in an individual. The main cause influencing this situation is the lack of presence of enough red blood cells. The main function of these red blood cells is to transfer oxygen constantly from the long to the cells and tissues. A break in this process leads to you feeling weak and also short of breath.
- Diabetes: Diabetes poses a serious threat to the all over functioning of your body. It is termed as the slow killer and constantly works towards undermining the level of energy a normal individual can hold. This adversely affects your day to day life, including your performance at work and also performing your daily chores at home. The glucose in your body serves as a fuel for your daily activities. Since patients with type 2 diabetes cannot use this rising glucose in their blood properly, they end up being more tired than they ought to be.
Other conditions that lead to the same draining feeling and constant tiredness even after lot of sleep are depression, rheumatoid arthritis, chronic fatigue, sleep apnea, sleep inertia, periodic limb movement disorder, constant exposure to computer screens, tv screen, monitors, etc. There are a whole bag of other factors that lead to the constant feeling of tiredness that you are feeling. Before the end of the day, you are drained, your productivity drops and you cannot wait to hit the bed, and the same is the condition when you get out of bed. Consulting a general physician will not only help you put a finger on the cause, but also cure it with proper treatment.
Semen analysis is an indispensable part of evaluation of an infertile couple. But the results of semen analysis often creates confusion. It is accepted that if semen analysis report is normal, male factor is usually said to be normal.
Now what, if abnormality is found. Remember, semen abnormality is very common, even in those who are already having children. Because sperm production takes almost 3 months. SO, your current semen analysis reveals your health 3 months ago. If you had fever or any heat exposure to scrotum (may be even tight underwear or hot tub bath) 3 months ago, your today's semen analysis will be abnormal. So, mere abnormality does not draw a conclusion, unless it is severely abnormal.
Now, what we see in semen. There are various parameters. I'm not going into details. But to be simplified, sperm abnormality may be due to two basic reasons. 1) Sperms are not produced by the testes in good quantity (amount) or quality (healthy- motility and looking normal). 2) Sperms are produced normally by the testes but cannot come in semen due to defect in the sperm-carrying pathway (may cause low count, defective sperm and also low motility).
One important thing is to remember, sperm production has nothing to do with manliness. You may feel absolutely normal with normal sex life but sperm production may be defective. SO, first thing is not to feel depressed when the report comes abnormal.
So, whenever we find abnormality, we have to detect the cause. Treatment without detecting thee cause is more likely to FAIL. So, first thing is- whether sperms are produced or not.
Sperm production may be hampered due to diseases in testes- that may present since birth or may be due to some factors occurring later life. These include undescended testes, chromosomal defect, varicocele, diseases in the body (like TB, diabetes, kidney/ liver disease etc), heat exposure to scrotum, smoking, environmental poisons and even some drugs (including alcohol, marijuana, chemotherapy). These are called "TESTICULAR DEFECTS. In some cases, testes are normal but cannot produce sperms because of problems in other glands situated in brain (hypothalamus and pituitary). We call them "PRE-TESTICULAR DEFECTS.
Sperm carrying pathway may sometimes get obstructed due to diseases like infection, operations, some genetic defects. These are called "POST-TESTICULAR or OBSTRUCTIVE DEFECTS.
In most cases of semen defect, treatment is not needed, as we can bypass the normal pathway and use the sperms produced in semen to make your partner pregnant with your own sperm. In severe cases, we can collect sperms from testes and impregnate your wife. In only very few unfortunate men or who cannot afford costly therapy, only option is donor sperm.
In very few cases of TESTICULAR or PRE_TESTICULAR DEFECTS, medicines can help (but in very few cases). In OBSTRUCTIVE CASES, surgery may be needed to correct the defect. But, often we don't need these treatments as the results are not good and take long time to get the results.
So, why to wait and try doubtful treatments, when your prime aim is to father a baby? Just one thing, don't get depressed and talk to doctor, he will find out the cause and give you the best result.
My Wife's is 21 Years old. On 01.01. 2016, She Birth a Baby Boy, that is 7.5 Pounds. Because Of High BP (170) at the time of Delivery, her Gynecologist Decided to Sizerian and He do that. At the time of Delivery, her weight was 78 kg. And after delivery, now she is 70 kg. My Question is Because of Sizerian, My wife can Face any problem in Future. Can we Enjoy our Sexually and Daily routine life Happily in Future. Or Can I take any precaution at the time of Intercourse. After Delivery How much time I will take for Sex.
Me and my wife planning for a baby but does not conceive my semens come out from her vagina. What will we do.
How to increase my breast milk the milk is not there to feed my child. My child is not even touching it she is just 12 days old how I can make her to drink my milk please suggest.
My wife gave birth of a baby on 21.11. 15. Till then, she had periods of around continuous 2 months. After that no period at all. Elders said it is normal. Is it ok to have physical without any precautions to avoid pregnancy. If no, she is thinking of taking anti-pregnancy pill to birth control. When should she start? And is it safe for our child? please suggest.
She's 28 years old still single, at the age of 19 years has undergone ovarian cyst. Right now her vagina is in worst condition torn n two holes can b seen. Vagina walls have become big. Wat could b the reason n how to treat it to get well.
Interstitial Cystitis is also known as painful bladder syndrome. It is characterized by the inflammation of the bladder wall. It is the chronic inflammation of the bladder. The exact cause has not been identified yet, though some believe that it might be due to the defect in the bladder lining or an autoimmune disorder. Interstitial cystitis is believed to resemble a bacterial infection, but the short term antibiotics have been found to be of no or less use.
The symptoms of interstitial cystitis are:
- Frequency of urination during the day and night
- Urgency of urinating
- Pain associated with urinating or pain in the abdomen, vaginal and urethral area
Ayurvedic Treatment for Interstitial Cystitis
- Chanderprabha Vati: This is a blend of 23 natural ingredients. This herbal remedy is useful in patients who are suffering from excess urination problem. This formulation has properties, which are helpful in the urine retention and reduce the inflammation in the pelvic areas. Dosage of this is two tablets twice a day with lukewarm water.
- Chandanadhi Vati: This consist natual ingredients like Shweta chandana (Santalum album), Maricha (Piper cubeba), Gandha biroja satva (Pinus longifolia sap), Kattha (Acacia catechu), Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), Rala (Vateria indica extract), Karpura (Cinnamomum camphora), Chandana taila (Sandal wood oil) and Daruharidra (Berberis aristata). The product helps to resolve interstitial cystitis by controlling urination, reduces inflammation and burning sensation. Two tablets twice a day with lukewarm water are taken.
- Punarnava Mandur: This is a pack of the herbal remedies and has quite satisfactory results in the patients. This balances the vata and pitta, the major dosha and causes of interstitial cystitis. Two tablets twice a day with lukewarm water is the ideal dosage.
- Varunadi Vati: This is a blend of natural products like Varun (Crataeva nurvala), Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa), Gokshur (Tribulus terrestris) and Shuddha guggulu (Comniphera mukul). The ingredients have the property to treat the symptoms of interstitial cystitis. This is helpful in urine retention and reducing inflammation. Dosage of this is two tablets twice a day with lukewarm water.
- Boswellia Curcumin: This is prepared by the extracts of Shallaki (Boswellia serrata) and Curcumin (Curcuma longa). This herbal product has anti-inflammatory properties and provides relief from inflammation in the pelvic area and other symptoms associated of interstitial cystitis. The dosage of this herbal product is one capsule twice a day with plain water. Also, if had after meals then it is very effective. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.