Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Submit a review for Dr. Poonam MaggoYour feedback matters!
Maine ghar pe he urine test kiya or result negative aaya but mujhe abi b periods ni hue what should I do.
A man and woman’s bodies are completely different from each other. It’s not merely the structure or appearance that is different but it is also the functioning, internal systems and sub-systems that are quite distinct. Therefore, men and women are affected by different diseases at different ages and conditions. But there are quite a few diseases that are common in women but, are also found in men. Some of those diseases are-
Breast cancer- It’s a popular but false conception that only females have breasts. The reality is that males have breasts too! Men are affected by breast cancer, though not as frequently as women, but they do!
Osteoporosis- This disease of weakened bones is usually found in women. Men too suffer from this disease that is hard to discover due to the lack of symptoms.
Lupus- The inflammatory disease is found in men on rare occasions, but the fact is- it does!
Eating disorders- Under-eating or over-eating due to depression or issues concerning body image has always been synonymous with women. But, men also develop irregular eating habits depending or moods, mental state and anxiety over self-image.
HPV- This sexually transmitted disease is commonly found in women but factually it can develop in men as well. It is difficult to discover it via tests and even hard to find symptoms, but it does occur in men in a few cases.
Migraines- Men and women both suffer from migraines though the frequency of it is observed more in women.
Rheumatoid arthritis- This is a common disease found in women, 70% of the affected people are women hence it is perceived that it is a ‘woman’s; disease. It develops in men as well, especially after a certain age.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
Yesterday me and my partner had sex 2 times. 1st one is protected. Den the second one was unprotected as we was aroused. I didn't came inside. Still she decide to take ipill. So today in the morning we again had sex two times unprotected as we were already going to take pill. Den after breakfast she took pill. In the afternoon we finally lost control again and had sex again which was also unprotected. My question is does she need to take another ipill? Urgent help required.
Sometimes, little bit of White fluid comes out of my friend's (girl) nipples. Some say it's nipplegasm. Please tell us what is this.
How to treat a tear at lower part of vagina which occurs because of sex and cause bleeding whenever we do sex but it is painless.
Yesterday I did a oral sex with my gf it was the first time we did something like that in our life we both are virgin during oral sex I licked her vagina and from today morning my throat is getting reddish there is neither any swelling nor mucus or cough I am having little bit pain in my throat if I rate it on 10 it is 0.5 She has a normal and healthy vagina she is not suffering from any infection And we both are not suffering from hiv or any other std.
A large hypoechoic lesion of 78 x 72 mm is seen in relation to posterior wall of uterus. Is it serious? I am an 30 year old female. Is operation needed or medicine shall do the needful?
- Pollen Allergies: What You Need to Know
- Dandelion blowing in the breeze
- Pollen is the most common cause of allergic rhinitis.
- Pollen is microscopic in size.
- Pollen from trees, grasses and weeds is easily windblown and known to cause allergies.
What is pollen?
Pollen refers to the tiny egg-shaped male cells of flowering plants, including trees, grasses and weeds. Pollen is microscopic in size. It is the most common cause of seasonal allergic rhinitis, sometimes known as hay fever.
Which plants produce pollen that cause allergic reactions?
- Plants that have powdery granules of pollen that are easily blown by the wind include:
- Trees, such as oak, western red cedar, elm, birch, ash, hickory, poplar, sycamore, maple, cypress, walnut, catalpa, olive and pecan
- Grasses, such as Timothy, Johnson, Bermuda, orchard, sweet vernal, red top and some blue grasses
- Weeds, such as ragweed, sagebrush, pigweed, tumbleweed, Russian thistle and cockle weed
- Most flowering plants, such as roses, have heavier, waxy pollens that are not as easily windblown.
When is pollen season?
Each plant has a pollen season. It usually starts in the spring but may begin as early as January in the southern areas of the United States. The season usually lasts until November.
About 45 million Americans suffer from environmental allergies. Dr. Sandra Lin, a Johns Hopkins otolaryngologist (ENT) and allergy expert, answers some of the most commonly asked questions about treating environmental allergies.
Can allergic rhinitis in pollen season be prevented?
- To lessen the effects of allergic rhinitis during pollen season, the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology suggests the following:
- Keep windows closed at night and use air conditioning, which cleans, cools and dries the air.
- Minimize outdoor activities early in the morning (between 5 a.m. and 10 a.m.) when pollen is most prevalent.
- Keep car windows closed when traveling.
- Take a vacation to an area where pollen is not as prevalent, such as the ocean.
- Take the medications prescribed by your doctor.
- Don't spend much time outdoors when the pollen count is high.
- Don't rake leaves during pollen season.
- If you are allergic to grass, wear a mask or have someone else mow the lawn.
- Don't hang bedding or clothing outside to dry.
What is the reason behind having irregular periods? Sometimes its getting 2 months gap. I do not have any other problem in my body. Is it due to lack of nutrition? Or body weight? N whats the solution for that?
Hi. For a few days , when I wipe, theirs blood coming from my private area (not a lot just a few streaks of blood on the tissue). I believe I had a uti or yeast infection earlier this week as well. My period is due in a few days. But theirs still blood when I wipe my private area. I've never had this happen. What could it be?
Hello Sir, I have 2 Children. I got surgery for family planning 6years ago. Till now I am getting periods in regular intervals. I. E. 28 - 30 days. But now it is late by 11 days and till now I did not got menses. Could you please tell me the reasons for this delay and what should I do. Thanks and regards. Kumari N.
My wife is pregnant so we want to get abortion so we planned to remove the pregnancy due to some finance problems. So she took pregno kit tablets consists of four misoprostol and one tablet of mifepristone. So we bought the tablets from my known relatives who have pharmacy. Actually she had her periods last month october for 3 days only very slightly. So this month she did not get any periods. She brought tester and tested and its positive. So we bought these tablets and used for two days. misoprostol 200 mcg tablets of 4 she used orally every 10 hours gape. And the 1 tablet mifepristone she kept it vaginally. And inserted inside yesterday afternoon. Till now she did not get her abortion pls give us some suggestions what we must do or shall we use tablets again or its a wrong procedure of taking the tablets pls let us know from charles husband of lavanya my wife.
Continuously 2 month periods gone missed and prega news test found negative ,what are the major cause for this?
Hiii doctor I have taken abortion pills on 16th may 2017 and bleeding started on 19th may 2017 and now it's more than two weeks it's still bleeding can you please tell me why it is not stopping is there any serious problem pl help me doctor.
Hi am 2 weeks pregnant by having bleeding regularly. My scan show cyst and blood clot. And my baby growth is bad. So it aborted automatically. Now my query is what is that blood clot? Why it happen? This blood clots affects my another baby continuously?
2. Bathing before sunrise to reduce mucus related problems (sticky yellowish/greenish mucus in sinus plexus).
3 if ganges/river near then take bath there.
4. maintain a balance diet and proper weight.
5. Female 5' to 5.5' minimum 55 kgs max 60 kgs app.
6. Male 5' to 510 ,in 60kgs max 75 kgs app.
7. Water intake daily 3-5 ltrs.
8. Freehand exercise 30 min in morning daily to accumulate more oxygen into blood.
9. Avoid oily food outside. only fruit juice or white sweets.
10. nutritious balance diet daily.
11. prepare popcorn in home and do breakfast with it to
be healthy and to avoid stool related problems.
12. I am opening Nutrition club to get healthy.
13 to increase working power to be wealthy.
14. My success is there if I sort out your health problems.
15. Pranayam daily.
16. Eat slight less what you normally intake.
17 take water after 1 hour after lunch and dinner.