Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Poonam Jain
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Poonam JainYour feedback matters!
One eye vision was gone. Doctor was tell that vein of back side of eye is collapse, and it is not testable.What it is possible to clear vision.
Is any machine based test available to a color blindness test? Only ishihara book test for color blindness is best? I want to know all test who used to test the color blindness test?
Hello Doctors. From past few days (3-4 days) I am having a throat Pain (may be due to I consumed hot food with cold beverages), My eyes are having a burning sensation (may be due to over use of mobile and yeah I made a welding for my project work 3 days back) and I am unable to get a sleep (same past 4-5 days). I feel that my eyes are tired and need sleep but when I go to bed all I end up with is my brain not allowing me to sleep at all I can feel what's happening surrounding me even when my eyes are closed. Today I will be going to Industrial Visit for 6 days. Please prescribe me some medicines or drop a clinic address near bommanahalli, electronic city, jayanagar or JP nagar.
My child went for a squint surgery when he was 5 years old, now again we noticed a squint in his left eye for the last one year and everyone told us about this from his classmate, teacher to our relatives. We contacted to doctor and he suggest another surgery saying that one muscle will be operated. The kid is 12 years old now. What do you suggest and what precaution do I take now so that it doesn't happen in future?
Good eyesight can be an outcome of a diet rich in Omega 3 fatty acids and vitamin C. Including certain foods in your diet can be directly beneficial for your eye health and can improve your vision. Here is a list of 5 foods which will help you combat age-related vision problems and will supplement your overall eye health.
1. Eggs - Eggs are rich in vitamin A and lutein, which help you combat age-related vision problems and night blindness. Eggs are also beneficial for dry eyes and improving your eye health. Egg yolks are considered to be one of the best foods for your eyes and should be included in your regular diet. It also helps prevent age-related macular degeneration (AMD), which is one of the primary causes of blindness in the 60+ age group.
2. Leafy Greens - Leafy green vegetables like spinach and kale are rich in lutein and zeaxanthin which reduce the chance of cataracts. It is best to consume them raw as they have more antioxidants when uncooked. Other green vegetables like broccoli, collard greens, and zucchini are rich in lutein and play an important part in preventing age-related vision problems.
3. Carrots - Carrots improve your overall eye health as it contains vitamin A, the lack of which is one of the leading causes of loss of vision. The orange hue in carrots is due to Beta-carotene which helps the retina function better. Other foods rich in beta carotene are apricots, mangoes, pumpkin and cantaloupe which also contribute to healthy eyes. So make sure you include them in your diet.
4. Almonds - Almonds are rich in vitamin E, which prevents macular degeneration. Include a handful in your daily diet as it not only improves your eyesight but also effectively lowers cholesterol and prevents heart diseases. Nuts like pistachios and walnuts contain omega 3 fatty acids which contribute to the maintenance of your vision.
5. Citrus Fruits and Berries - Citrus fruits like oranges, grapefruits and lemons are rich vitamin C which reduces the risk macular degeneration and cataracts. Blueberries also aid in the protection of the retina from damage caused due to sunlight and oxygen.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!