Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Poonam GuptaYour feedback matters!
A cataract usually forms in the eyes due to clouding of the naturally clear lens that coats the eyes.This coating is usually a matter of age advancement or any other injury that the eyes may have sustained. It may also be a birth defect that a baby may be born with. There are various ways to deal with this debilitating condition.
One of the methods of treatment includes cataract surgery. Read on to find out more about this form of treatment:
- Procedure: During this surgery, the ophthalmologist will remove the cloudy lens and clean it before replacing it with a man-made lens.The technique followed for this procedure is known as phacoemulsification which involves a small cut or incision for the cataract surgery. The incision helps the doctor in liquefying and then vacuuming the centre portion of the lens, which is slightly harder than the rest of the lens.
- Device: The doctor will usually administer anaesthesia first and then make the tiny incision on one side of the cornea. Thereafter, an instrument or device will be inserted through this opening to send out ultrasonic vibrations to the eye. These vibrations will help in breaking the lens into tiny pieces. These fragments will be removed with the help of a suction that will go in through the tiny cut. This cut may also be made with the help of a laser beam.
- New Lens: Once the fragments of the old lens have been cleared, the doctor will go about the process of inserting the new man made lens which is usually made up of clear plastic, acrylic or even silicon, and is known as IOL or intraocular lens. This process is generally termed as intraocular lens implantation.
- Improved Vision: With the help of the new lens, the patient will now enjoy better vision and a visible decline in the symptoms of the cataract including problems in night driving.
- Convenient: This procedure usually takes about an hour and is an outpatient procedure. It is a completely safe procedure where numbing drops are placed on the eye so as to reduce any pain significantly. The doctor will usually give you a novocaine injection around the eye. Also, cataracts from both eyes will not be removed on the same day, and the doctor will schedule you for cataract removal from the second eye for another day.
- Aftermath: After the surgery is over, it is normal to feel some amount of irritation in the eye. If this irritation is persistent, you must see a doctor about it.
Painkillers like acetaminophen and ibuprofen can be used to recover from the pain after the surgery. Ask an ophthalmologist about other measures.
From last thursday I am having fever I took tab like emset 4mg, calpol 500mg and cap pantocid-d still now I m nt comfortable, daily night I m getting severe fever and my eyes are becoming too much of red. If I took the tablets then I got cure for some hours bt completely its not cured. I am working as a designer so I have to sit in front of computer nearly about 9 hours a day. This is because of that or any other. So what should I do?
My son fall from steps while climbing. He has got swelling on his right eye below the eyebrow. Now the swelling is less after 24hours and now he has a black blood spot. What should be the treatment? Is it a matter of worry? please show me the treatment.
What are the symptoms of conjuctivitis? is moxicip helpful for this or not? tell me the best eye drops for it.
I offently use computer and mobile for work. And I have a weak eye site problem. Pls. Give the solution.
My eyes are red and its itchy. Everytime I get up after sleep they becomes red and watery eyes. What to do now. I have to study for my exams.
I am feeling itchiness in my eyes these days and there is a redness also so please tell me that what can I do to cure it.
I am having eye problem with a huge disturbances. I need a quick solution for it and I can use for further issues. Need a reply as soon as possible.
My 5-year-old daughter has asthma. What is the effect of using an asthma preventer long-term? I heard that using it for years might cause bone shrinkage. Is it true? Are there any vitamins or supplements to help vision?
How do I take care of my eye from macular degeneration? My father had limited vision after 75 due to macular degeneration. I am 60.
I am a 31 years old male and have double vision for last 1 month. I was wearing glasses, when I was in std. V of - 7.5 for both eye with no axis. I have using the - 7.5 power for last 20 years. For the last one month I have facing double vision means, when I saw an object or light, then another light or object appears, at the side of the original object. After this problem, I have consult a doctor of vasan eye care, visakhapatnam and he checked my eyes and prescribed to wear - 8 glasses for both eye with no axis. After that I have changed my glasses, but still the problem is not solved. When driving my bike, I face more problems. What should I do?
LASIK is a common eye surgery that helps in correcting vision problems. During this procedure, the cornea of the eye is cut across by a medical expert to raise the tissues and reshape them to correct vision.
- No need of glasses: You no longer require glasses as your vision turns to normal post-LASIK surgery.
- Goodbye contact lenses: LASIK surgery will help eliminate the need for contacts. You will be able to avoid all the problems pertaining to wearing a contact lens, including lens solution.
- Quick results and recovery: This surgery enables you to return to your normal schedule immediately the day after the surgery. You can have clear and improved vision within a day.
- Improved vision: A study reveals that 95% of the people who underwent this surgery achieved uncorrected visual acuity of 20/40 and 85% of the people achieved 20/20 vision. This procedure ensures that a patient achieves enhanced vision.
- Long- lasting outcomes: A minimum timeframe of 3 months is required for the eyes to adjust, after which LASIK results are permanently noticeable in a patient. No follow up procedures are required unless something wrong went with the surgery. The patient will continue to have improved vision unless there is any normal loss due to illness or aging.