Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Poonam Gupta
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Poonam GuptaYour feedback matters!
Am a working women with PCOS as my condition, yes I do have regular diet but with control am having the food on an hourly basis am consuming foods like fruits biscuits and limited rice quantity. But my weight is gaining Took meprate 10 mg, metformin and diane 35.
Hello sir, my wife 29 and me 43 years old. Every time after end of her periods we did sex 4 to 5 days, My wife period end 3rd February. Tonight after sex she said pain inside vagina, why it's happened, please help, thank you.
6 must-have foods during your first trimester
The first trimester of pregnancy (i. E. The first three months) is a very crucial time as this the time when your baby grows at a faster rate than at any other stage. Eating right is what you should be doing during such a time in your life as your body can make use of the energy and nutrients to build the body of your baby as well as to keep you strong. During the first trimester of your pregnancy, you should be including these 6 foods in your diet to provide you and your child with all the vital nutrients.
1. Spinach: high in folic acid, also known as folate (a form of vitamin b), consumption of spinach during these first few months (as well as before pregnancy) is extremely vital. It can help in preventing the occurrence of neural tube defects or birth defects pertaining to your baby's brain and spine.
2. Citrus fruits: your first-trimester diet should also consist of an adequate amount of citrus fruits. High in vitamin c, you should have at least 1 citrus fruit every day. If you prefer to take these fruits in juice form, you should restrict it to only 1 cup a day. This is because juices are high in calories and low in fibre, and, therefore, do not deliver on the fibre component.
3. Nuts: during this period your protein requirements also increase and it is advised that you have about 60 gm or more of protein every day. Nuts such as walnuts, almonds, cashews and pistachios are known to have healthy amounts of fibre, fats and protein. A study conducted by the Harvard medical school suggests that eating nuts can help in preventing allergies in children.
4. Eggs: in addition to helping you meet your protein requirements, eggs can also be an excellent source of vitamin d and calcium. The last two elements are extremely vital for your baby as they help in developing its bones.
5. Beans: providing you with necessary protein and fibre as well as helping you to deal with constipation, beans are must-haves during this period. Eating this fibre-rich food will ensure your bowel is functioning properly, thereby reducing your likelihood of developing constipation and even haemorrhoids (swollen veins of the anal and rectal region).
6. Yoghurt: a good source of calcium, having a cup of yoghurt every day will provide your baby with the calcium that it needs to grow and that you need to keep your bones strong. More importantly, by doing so, it'll prevent your baby from drawing calcium from your bones, leading to a deterioration of your bone health. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Hello, I am 37 years old and diabetic. I have 3 years old son .I didn't conceive after that. I want to know what to take to get pregnant in ayurvedic.
I am 28 years married women. After marriage most of the time I noticed that my periods preponed by 4-5 days. Now we are planning a baby. From last 4-5 months we stopped taking precautions also but nothing happened. Please suggest.
Hello doc, if the we have unsafe sex (penis brought near to vagina) at the age of 27 for the first time but the girl did not have pain nor bleeding will her virginity be lost? Please answer with clear explanation please.
Sir/mam, from past 2 days I am having pain in my nipples. I don't know the reason. It was 16th of July when I had last intercourse and had a 2 days delay period on 10 th aug. Which last for 7 long days. I was facing migraine problem from some days. What could be the reason of this pain. It's really annoying to have this much pain.
Hello, everyone. I am glad that you are watching this video. I am consultant gynecologist at Max Superspeciality Hospital, Shalimar Bagh, Max Hospital in Pitampura and at my own clinic in Pitampura. Today I would like to talk about PCOS or Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.
It is a very common in female endocrine disorder which is increasing tremendously. The prevalence of it now is 2.2 to 26% which itself is very high. NOw, what is it about? So, this problem is about women's hormones, they get out of balance. Then it makes the problems in periods, difficult for the women to conceive or to get pregnant. If left untreated, it can lead to long term problems such as Diabetes Mellitus, Heart disease, and endocrinal cancer.
What happens in PCOS?
In PCOS, the sex hormones get out of balance. So, the male hormones increase more than a normal range. Now, what do they do?
They stop Ovulation, they cause acne, increase the facial and the body hair.
The second factor it involves is Insulin.THe Insulin resistance is caused because of PCOS. The insulin resistance causes obesity, weight gain and then later it may cause Diabetes Mellitus. The causes of PCOS is clearly not known but they run in the family. The girls which are affected from PCOS, they get it either from the mother's family or the father's family.
So, the symptoms of PCOS are;
- Extra facial and the body hair
- Thinning of hair from the scalp
- Infertility problems
- Irregular periods
Now, coming to the diagnosis,
There are a lot of studies which are done for PCOS. PCOD is defined as any two of these three features, those are;
- The periods that come after more than 45 days or periods which comes less than 8 times in a year.
- Hyperandrogenism, Menstrual problems.
- Ultrasound features suggested of PCOS.
This is how we diagnose. Now coming to the treatment.
There are 3 key treatments for PCOS;
- Regular exercise- Walking is a very good exercise that most people can do. Then depending on your choice, you can swim, dance, play etc.
- Healthy diet- In diet, you should take green leafy vegetables, fruits, whole grains, nuts, beans, milk etc. You should avoid the intake of saturated fats like meat, cheese, fried food items, sugary food. Starchy food such as potatoes, cakes, sweet potato, maida, sooji, besan etc. You have to quit smoking if you are indulged in that too.
- Weight control- In weight control, most women benefit even with 5% of weight loss that would help them regulate their hormones better.
The women's hormones come into balance, the periods come on time, it gets easier for the patient to get pregnant. All these favourable changes take place when the patient follows all these three steps.
Now there are pills that we can give to the patients to help her regulate her own hormones. Now, there are two types of pill;
- One is birth control pills o0r oral contraceptive pills. These pills help to balance sex hormones.
- Metformin pills are the insulin sensitizers. They tackle the INsulin resistance in the PCOS patients.
Now, all these help in balancing the hormones of PCOS patients. If a patient is suffering from depression because of PCOS, then he would advise her to do some exercises that help to elevate the mood or to consult a counsellor or a gynaecologist.
So, if you want to contact me, you can do so through Lybrate or you can come to my clinic directlywhich is in Pitampura.
Thanks for the patient hearing.