Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Poonam Gulati
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Poonam GulatiYour feedback matters!
An STD is transmitted by means of physical contact and intercourse. These diseases are caused by parasites, virus or bacteria. Usually, STDs are preventable provided you make the right choices concerning your sexual health. Refraining from sex isn’t a feasible idea at all.
But fortunately there are alternatives too to curb the menace that STDs are:
- Abstain: The most effective way to avoid STIs is to abstain from sex.
- Mutual monogamy: Two people who have sex only with one another don’t have any opportunity to bring a new STD into the relationship. If you and your partner have been tested and are healthy, remaining faithful to each other is a very good way to reduce your chances of contracting an STD.
- Get Vaccinated: One important prevention tool against STIs is vaccination. Currently, vaccines are available to protect against infection with HPV, hepatitis A and hepatitis B. Talk to a healthcare provider to see which vaccines might be recommended for you.
- Protect Yourself: Condoms work really well in stopping most STIs from being passed from an infected partner to another when they are used consistently and correctly every time a person has oral, vaginal or anal sex. Consistently and correctly means that a person makes sure they use a condom every time they have oral, vaginal or anal sex and put it on and use it the right way.
- Avoid alcohol and drug use: Avoiding alcohol and recreational drug use reduce the risk of contracting an STI, having an unwanted pregnancy, or being coerced to have sex. Alcohol and drug use can reduce our ability to make good decisions. It may also make us more likely to be talked into participating in an activity without being able to give our full consent.
Coping and Support
It's traumatic to find out you have an STI. You might be angry if you feel you've been betrayed or ashamed if there's a chance you infected others. At worst, an STI can cause chronic illness and death, even with the best care in the world.
Between those extremes is a host of other potential losses trust between partners, plans to have children, and the joyful embrace of your sexuality and its expression. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
I am feeling my stomach tighten and feeling that I am pregnant becz I have plan to get a baby. My stomach cramps sometime but most of time it is tighten n feel like not to eat? M I get pregnant as my date is on 12 April. If I miss d period. Is there a change to hope for a positive result.
Hello sir. I just get married so I want some information about my wife. She got her monthly period early 1 week and that was generally stay 4 to 5 Day but now it continues 1.5 week. Is there any issue if yes so please suggest me what I will do and how I can manage all this.
Mam there 3 years marriage but there are no child. All checkup all tested completed. Time to time period done all are normal but there are no result. What is the reason ? My self.
Infidelity is defined as having an affair, as cheating or as committing actions associated with adultery, while being in a relationship characterized by a stated contract involving emotional or sexual exclusivity. It is also stated as a violation of a couple’s assumed set of relationship norms and rules. This violation may lead to rivalry or sexual jealousy between couples.
Types of Infidelity:
Opportunistic Infidelity: It originates when an individual is in love with his/her partner but has sexual urge for some other individual. This type of infidelity is characterized by irrepressible lust, risk-taking behavior or situational circumstances.
Romantic Infidelity: This kind of infidelity occurs when an individual is at the verge of falling out of love with his/her spouse.
Commemorative Infidelity: It occurs when an individual has completely fallen out of love with his/her partner, but there is still commitment in the relationship.
Obligatory Infidelity: This kind of infidelity arises when a person surrenders himself/herself to someone else’s sexual advancement due to fear of rejection, even though there is a strong attachment to the committed partners.
Conflicted Infidelity: This type of infidelity is being sexually attracted to multiple people while being in a committed relationship.
Men indulge in extramarital affairs when they are sexually unsatisfied. Whereas women get involved in extramarital affairs when they are emotionally unsatisfied.
When a person is able to separate sexual preferences from love, infidelity takes place.
Lack of understanding, lack of communication and sexual incompatibility leads to infidelity.
Marital dissatisfaction is the root cause of adultery in both sexes.
Other factors of infidelity including, being educated, being less religious, more chances to see potential partners, living in an urban area, liberal thinking etc.
How to Overcome Infidelity?
Try not to fall for every whim and fancy; this way you can keep away from an affair.
The person who had an affair must discuss on the affair and what led to it, openly and willingly.
There must be a recovery timetable set by the betrayed person, so as to cope with the trauma of being cheated on.
There must be mutual willingness regarding future commitments and promises.
- There will always be ups and downs in a relationship, in which an affair has taken place, but the couple must be patient and hold on to the relationship as the pathway to recovery is difficult, but not impossible to walk on. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.