Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Poonam Goyal
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Poonam GoyalYour feedback matters!
Whenever I eat chocolate, I will have pain in my teeth. Otherwise I don't have, while doing brush, everyday I will get blood.
My molar teeth has a hole in the middle due to decay since my childhood and it was filled almost 12 years ago. Now again the filling has gone and I started getting pain. I am planning to fill it again at my hometown as the cost is low. What to do to decrease pain till that time?
I am 52 years going through lot of dental problem because my main problem is cling of teeth at night and keep putting pressure on teeth throughout the day. Recently l got my denture set of three removed the doctor started treatment saying the root canal has to be done again and that one tooth is broken so he extracted it. The other tooth he started root canal but got a gap of 6 months now that tooth is very painful now that too according to him has to be extracted. Should l get it removed or whom can contact for my main cause that is cling of teeth.
Calculus build-up before and after dental scaling. The sticky film of bacteria that can be found on your teeth near the gum line is called plaque. This plaque can cause swelling or inflammation of the gums, otherwise known as gingivitis. If the plaque is not disrupted or removed properly by brushing, then this sticky film containing bacteria hardens and becomes tartar or calculus. If calculus is not cleaned by your dentist, this bacteria produces harmful substances that can start to damage the bone that supports the teeth, causing periodontal disease. The best way to prevent gingivitis and more serious forms of periodontal disease is to brush twice a day, to floss once a day, and to visit your dentist regularly for cleanings.
Per month I always get some infections in mouth and it really scares me. Bcoz I am unable to eat or drink anythng at that time plzz help me is dis bcoz of season changing or I have some serious problem.
Children are much more susceptible to tooth decay and gum disorders than grown-ups. This is because the gum and teeth in toddlers are very delicate. Moreover, children are more attracted to sweets and other food items, which cause damage to the teeth.
Here are several ways to protect the teeth of your little one:
- Have a dental checkup: You should take your child to a dentist on his first birthday. Early prevention is important as any kind of problem in the teeth will be detected and this will save you from a lot of trouble in the future.
- Teaching healthy habits: Brushing is very important and you should teach your child to brush regularly, more than once a day. Before the development of teeth in your baby, you should brush his gums gently by using water on a soft baby toothbrush or with a clean and soft cloth. After developing teeth, brushing must be practiced with delicate toothbrushes and fluoridated toothpaste. If several teeth touch against each other, you should use flossing. Brushing is essential before going to bed, and no food should be taken after brushing.
- Prevent "baby bottle decay": You should not let your child go to sleep with a bottle of juice or milk. The sugar contained in these liquids sticks to the child's teeth, which activates bacteria and may lead to tooth decay.
- Avoid giving juice to your child: Juice may be healthy for the body, but it leads to tooth decay in little kids. The amount of regular juice intake should never be above four ounces.
- Avoid excess use of a sippy cup: Sippy cups enable children to shift from bottles to a glass. However, all day long usage of sippy cups should be restricted as it may cause decay on the front and back portions of teeth, when the drinks are rich in sugar.
- Be careful about sweet medicines: Many medicines meant for children are sugary and stick to the teeth, increasing the chance of cavities. Several antibiotics cause overgrowth of Candida or yeast and cause an oral disease known as oral thrush. This disease causes creamy patches on the tongue. In case your child needs sweet medicines, brushing should be increased.
- Stop using a pacifier by the age of 2 or 3: Pacifiers are good for children, but using pacifiers for a long period of time affects the lining of teeth. The shape of the mouth may also change. Hence, do not let your child use pacifiers after 2 or 3 years of age.
Children are quite prone to teeth disorders and decay in the teeth. Hence, measures must be taken to protect the teeth of children from any kind of disorder.