Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Poonam DhawalYour feedback matters!
Hello Sir, Me and my wife is having same blood group (a+. Can you please tell me how it ll affect our childbirth. And how can we cured? Please explain a bit in detail.
With their laxative effect, dates can help people suffering from constipation. They are high in soluble fiber, which promotes healthy bowel movements and smooth passage of food through the intestinal tract.
1. Soak 8 to 10 dates, after removing the seeds, in a glass of water overnight.
2. The next morning, grind the dates along with the water until you get a syrup-like consistency.
3. Drink it on an empty stomach daily.
All women have to go through menstruation or periods with the only choice of endurance in hand. A woman's body and mind undergo distinct changes during the phase of menstruation. PMS or Premenstrual Syndrome refers to some symptoms which a woman experiences just before her monthly periods begin. These symptoms can be both physical and mental, and they vary among different women. Homeopathy helps in the effective cure of PMS, and has no side effects. Homeopathic medicines give women relief from the symptoms of PMS.
Here are some common homeopathic medicines for curing PMS:
- Sepia: This is the best homeopathic medicine for PMS. It helps in curbing the extreme irritability caused in women suffering from PMS and calms the mind. It is specially used in case of pain in the uterus during this phase and in women with irregular menstrual cycles.
- Ignatia: This homeopathic remedy is used during PMS for treating depression and mood swings that women undergo. Before periods, many women experience a state of sadness and become emotionally depressed. Ignatia cures this depression and makes the women happier.
- Pulsatilla: During PMS, it is likely for women to get extra sensitive towards everything, and they tend to get affected by the most insignificant matters. Pulsatilla can be used in such situations as it reduces the extra sensitivity and makes the women appear normal. It is used in cases of disrupted menstrual flow, accompanied by loss of thirst.
- Lachesis: This homeopathic medicine is used for women who suffer from body pain during PMS. The pain occurs due to the PMS and can be in the form of headaches and aches in other parts of the body. Women also tend to get over talkative, and the body may feel heated up.
- Conium: Some women develop breast tenderness during PMS, characterized by swelling, enlargement or pain in the breasts. The breasts also become hard and touching causes an increase in the pain. Conium is the best homeopathic medicine for treating this kind of pain.
- Chamomilla: This medicine is similar to sepia and helps in curing irritability in women before periods. It is used when irritability makes the women avoid talking and abstain from communicating.
- Bryonia: Similar to Conium, Bryonia is another homeopathic medicine, which helps in curing breast tenderness in women during PMS. Bryonia is used when the pain is extremely heavy and intense.
- Carbo veg: This is an effective homeopathic medicine for the treatment of abdominal bloating in women during PMS. Heaviness and distension are caused in the abdomen, which further lead to pain.
Women suffer quite a lot during PMS, just before their monthly periods, and homeopathic medicines provide the best, natural treatment for these symptoms and conditions.
My periods were late for 1st time. My doctor suggest me uterus sonography. The result is that there is suggestive of ovarian cyst in report, well defined anechoic cystic lesion of size, right ovary measures 2cm×3.1cm ×3.8cm n left ovary measures 1.4cm×1.8cm ×2.2cm n the volume 2.84cm. The next day of sonography my periods came after 43 days. So pls tell me what I do. Is there any chance of complication or any other disease. I'm 41 years old mother of 2 kids. My second kid is 10 years old.
Hi Doctor, we are couple and of very young age but suffering from few disorders, we are in physical relationship from last one and half year, now, we are lacking of excitement, we are unable to go twice, I feel like pain and burning sensation while taking inn, and sometimes while color liquid release and sometimes like while color layer. We want to try anal sex but I am unable to do so, I feel a lot of pain and burning while trying. And I also want to firm my breast and wants to lift up and wants to increase the size of breast (current breast size is 32 but I want to achieve 34 or 36). We want English medicine we can take before copulation which should be most effective and drives us madly with full of excitement and we go mad.
An effective parent to child conversation can shape the child’s listening, speaking and understanding capabilities whereas an inefficient communication can lead to numerous issues in later years likes like–not listening to their parents, emotional and psychological distancing from parents, teenage problems etc. The way parents speak to their kids and to the people around them show the kids how they should talk back to their parents.
Psychologist Shivani Misri Sadhoo in her practice has found parents generally use three different ways to communicate with their kids. The first one is in an aggressive way. These parents frequently yell and convey punishments. Their children respond in many different ways, mainly they feel fearful, yell back and ignore their parents’ constant orders. The second form of parent and child communication commonly seen is a passive form. These parents mutter soft, cautious words and tones to their kids. Unfortunately these parents are so passive that sometimes when they are pushed to their limits, they suddenly turn their communication into an aggressive tone.
The third way parents can communicate with their kids is in an assertive way, which is the most effective way to communicate with kids at all levels. An assertive way of communicating is firm, consistent, clear, positive, warm and confident. Communicating with kids in an assertive way is a real skill yet it shows your kids that mum and dad know what they’re going on about and to listen.
Psychologist Shivani shares today some of the tips of how parents can talk assertively with their kids so they listen to them and build a healthy listening and understanding capabilities.
1. Try to use positive language– avoid saying “no” or “don’t” to your child, as much as possible. There is no doubt that if we say “Don’t drop your glass of milk” or “Don’t drop the flower vase, I will slap you” your child has that image and thought imbedded in their mind and more times than not, they will drop the glass!
Instead of telling bad circumstances and their bad consequences, try to use words that you want them to do, like “Hold onto milk glass carefully, your glass is very special”. This requires some thought and practice but it will help your child to become thoughtful and more aware about his surroundings
Also never use words that ridicule the child like “you make me feel so ashamed in front of the relatives”, or “you were a bad boy today”. Such language achieves very little rather they develop a feeling of worthless in the child. Positive and kind words help the children to develop confidence, happy feeling and behave better, encourages them to try hard and achieve success.
2. Raise your volume carefully and appropriately – remember when you use volume of your voice appropriately for the majority of the time, raising your voice in an urgent situation will not be ignored. The child will sit up and take notice of his/her mother or father because it doesn’t happen all of the time. How to use volume of your voice appropriately? Here is the check list:-
a. In situations when your child turns emotionally charged, yell at you, never compete with them. Wait till your child calms down and then talk to him/her clearly and express your points firmly with confidence.
b. Never yell from another room, like telling your child to switch off TV from kitchen. This gives the impression that you’re busy and not too serious. Rather walk into the room, join your child for a minute or two and waiting for the commercial break and then ask them to switch off the TV. This will model respectful behaviour in your child and your child will more likely to listen to you as they will know that you really mean to switch off the TV (without your yelling).
3. Express reasons – generally, children activities that parents perceive dangerous or wrong may be perceived as amazing or innovative by the child. Telling your child not to do this or that may subconsciously raise question in their mind that my mother always say ‘NO’ to things that I enjoy doing. Hence it is advisable to express the importance of following an instruction to the child. Like instead of telling your child, “don’t jump on the sofa” you can tell them, “people fall from sofa if they jump on it and if you fall on the floor you will hurt yourself”. Communicating with kids in an assertive way is a real skill yet it shows your kids that mum and dad know what they’re going on about and to listen
Last 8 month before I am getting married now my period are coming irregular that mean my period date month of jan 17 but in the month of feb date will be change 12th feb and now march my period come in dated 5th march. So there is any problem. Please help me.
I am 32 years old. Married last 3 month. I do pregnancy test its positive. About 7 days. Last 2 day I have some bleeding now what should I do.
Hello, good morning. I want to know that is safe sex with using condom after finish the next day of women MC. I mean is any chance to get pregnant after finish the next day of MC when using condom also.
Hi I am newly married women and after 2 month of marriage I miss the periods but no pregnancy kit show that I am pregnancy .after two month of fake pregnancy or miss period one day period happen .a gynolgist Dr. Said that its common problem and truth is that I suffer this problem few year back but after treatment my period on time. Its a fact I am very emotional and suffer mentally torcher by my in laws relatives .my all medical like ultra sound tesr serum blood test thyroid are normal. Kindly tell me what is reason behind of this problem? Is I never pregnant? When I get ride the problem? What should I do?
I am 35 years old female. My period cycle is always regular from the beginning with 28 days cycle. This month I got my periods on dec 7thfor five days and again I got my periods on dec 22 for 5 days.
Kegel exercises are simple contraction-and-relaxation exercises that make the pelvic muscles stronger. The pelvis area holds a person's genitalia, which contains a series of muscles and tissues that work in coordination and combination to perform sexual and bowel functions. A set of weak pelvic muscles would lead to issues such as the inability to control bladder and bowel functions.
Finding the right muscles can be troubling. An easy way to locate these muscles would be to place a clean finger inside the vagina and tighten the vaginal muscles around it. Another way would be to stop urinating mid-flow. This is because the pelvic muscles, which pertain to sex, help to control this action too. Once a woman finds the right muscles, all she has to do is to contract and relax them periodically.
Kegel exercises are highly beneficial for sexual functions in a number of ways. Some of the benefits include:
- Kegel exercises help to control stress incontinence, which is a condition that causes spontaneous discharge of urine when abdominal pressure increases suddenly. This means a person would leak urine when he/she laughs, coughs, jogs, sneeze or lifts anything weighty.
- Kegel exercises also help to prevent urge incontinence, which has been described as a sudden and strong urge to urinate. In a healthy bladder, the muscles remain relaxed as the bladder progressively fills up. As the bladder finally fills up, a person gets the urge to urinate. In case one has urge incontinence, the bladder might feel full even if it is not. Kegel exercises help to strengthen these muscles and recover control.
- Kegel exercises can be particularly helpful after childbirth. This is so because pelvic muscles stretch and weaken during childbirth, which can cause problems such as urinary incontinence and can also cause the muscles to sag. In these cases, Kegel exercises are helpful.