Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Poonam
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. PoonamYour feedback matters!
I've already lost quite a lot of hair and the main problem seems to be dandruff. I use Selenium Sulfide soln regularly and am considering to use minoxidil. What should I do to prevent further hairloss and to get back the already lost hair?
Hello sir, On my body their is white spot? What medicine to my it's spot? Which vitamin are less in my body.
Hi How get rid of dandruff alopecia as this resulting hairfall and how to lose weight with help of diet.
I am 61 years old female and I have feet problem since last 2.5 years. Skin of my feet is hard and it gets very itchy. After sitting for long hours it gets hard for me to stand up as the skin of my feet cracks. It is very painful. The skin gets very itchy and after rubbing it, it pains for many days. I have consulted many doctors and used many ointments but the problem is not getting cured. Please help me with proper suggestions or any home remedies. Thank you.
Hair loss has a direct impact on the way you feel about yourself, your self-esteem and confidence. It is also true that it is a very common problem and can be controlled and stopped completely through proper treatment. Ayurvedic treatment for hair loss has long-term effects and it brings out the best results since the issues get rectified from the inside which prevents them from coming back.
Ayurveda and Hair Loss
According to Ayurveda, hair fall is associated with the body type that varies from person to person and also the stability of the mind-body structure. Hair is considered as a byproduct of bone formation, as stated by Ayurveda. The tissues which are responsible for the development of bones are also responsible for hair growth. Diet, yoga, meditation and medicated herbal oil massage are the ayurvedic treatments recommended for hair loss.
Here are some ways through which Ayurveda addresses the problem of hair fall.
1. Dietary modifications - It is important to identify the lifestyle habits that cause hair fall problems. Consumption of excessive alcohol, meat, coffee, tea, and smoking are some of these habits. Hair fall can also be aggravated by indulging in intake of too much greasy, spicy, oily, sour, fried and acidic foods.
Here are some ways suggested by Ayurveda to beat hair fall:
- Hair growth can be stimulated by drinking fresh juices of Pomegranate, carrot, spinach and Kokam.
- Sesame seeds promote hair growth as they are rich in magnesium and calcium.
- Cow's Ghee is a trusted remedy to resolve all scalp problems.
- Green vegetables and fruits are rich in fiber and hence help in preventing hair fall.
- To make the roots of hair strong foods rich in vitamin C, vitamin B-complex, sulphur and zinc must be consumed, which are found in whole grains, soybeans, buttermilk, nuts, and milk.
2. Yoga and meditation - Inverted asanas help in stimulating the blood flow to the head. Additionally, practicing deep breathing exercises to control anxiety, stress and keep the mind balanced is also advisable.
3. Ayurvedic herbs and medicated oil - Bhringaraja, Brahmi, Amla, Neem, Ritha and Ashwagandha are some ayurvedic herbs rich in essential nutrients that help in reducing stress and promoting hair growth. Different types of oils including coconut oil, brahmi oil, amla oil or mustard oil are useful in hair fall.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.