Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Poonam Chandora
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Poonam ChandoraYour feedback matters!
For some women, having their own children is not as easy as it seems. Suffering from more than two or more miscarriage. is known as recurrent miscarriage. This experience affects every aspect of a woman’s life from her mental and emotional health to her physical health and social well-being.
It is important for a woman undergoing this experience to keep in mind that she can still give birth to a healthy baby even after recurrent miscarriages.
- Look after your health: Miscarriages are not very uncommon and in many instances are a result of the woman’s body not being able to take the strain if a growing fetus. Hence, pay attention to your health to prepare your body for future pregnancies. Avoid smoking, alcohol, caffeine and exposure to toxins that can cause fertility problems. Eat healthy food and start taking a multivitamin with folic acid on a daily basis. Exercise regularly, but avoid strenuous activities that involve heavy lifting or dangerous contact sports. Yoga is great for pregnant women or women planning a family as it tones your body keeps your stress levels low.
- Talk to people: A miscarriage can affect your emotional health and self-image, but you must remember that you are in a way responsible for the miscarriage. Talk to other women who have had a similar experience and share your feelings with them. Men and women cope with a miscarriage in different ways and hence work on communicating your feelings with your partner. Do not suppress your feelings, but acknowledge them and work through them. You may also find it beneficial to talk to a counsellor or get involved with a support group.
- Give yourself a break: It’s ok to not attend your friend’s baby shower when you’ve recently suffered a miscarriage. Instead of surrounding yourself with your friend’s babies and children, take a break and pay attention to yourself. Develop a hobby or find something to keep yourself busy. Take a holiday with your partner and find ways to reconnect with them. Find your own way of acknowledging the pregnancy. This could be in the form of writing about it, naming the baby or planting a tree in memory of the baby.
- Get proactive: Don’t sink into despair because of your miscarriages. Educate yourself about the various reasons you may have miscarried the baby by reading books or talking to medical professionals. This can help prevent future miscarriages.
I had cyst in my both ovaries due to which my periods were irregular. I had taken medicines for the same. But after few months I started facing irregular periods again. I want to know whether homeopathy has solution for this problem. If yes, please suggest me homeopathic medicine to cure this problem.
Hello sir I am me my question is my fever not cover my pain so I am totally tired so what can I do pls tell me and what I am say hello sir I am tod o my health totally thankful. So I am ding mine more with rk.
Are you looking for a treatment measure for infertility in females? You can go for an Ayurvedic treatment, which is completely natural and does not involve the use of any chemical. Infertility refers to the inability of a woman to conceive after having unprotected sex. The principles of Ayurveda states that infertility occurs when a woman’s Shukra dhatu, or the reproductive tissue does not get proper nutrition. This may happen because of improper digestion, and also because of some toxins in the body. Anxiety, insomnia, depression, and spicy food are other causes of infertility in females according to Ayurveda.
Ayurveda has a holistic approach towards health and treats the body as a whole, instead of treating a specific ailment. An Ayurvedic doctor needs to be certain about your body type before making a treatment suggestion. Ayurvedic treatment for infertility in women aims at ensuring the proper transformation of food into nutrients, which will move to your shukra dhatu.
The most important Ayurvedic remedies for treating female infertility are as follows:
- Swedanam: This method is used by Ayurvedic physicians for inducing sweating in patients who suffer from infertility. This is done with the help of exercises or blankets. It is meant for flushing out toxins from your body.
- Vamanam: This is a detoxing Ayurvedic therapy in which vomiting is induced for getting rid of undigested food from the body. In spite of being uncomfortable, this is an ideal detox therapy for infertility management.
- Banyan tree bark: The use of dried banyan tree bark powder is recommended by several Ayurvedic physicians for treating infertility problems in females. Remember to add sugar to the banyan bark powder before consuming it.
- Ashwagandha churna and kapikacchu: These are popular Ayurvedic medicines, which are used for treating infertility issues in women.
- Phala gritam: Consume phala gritam in the form of buttermilk mixed with milk. This medicine effectively treats several functional problems related to female infertility.
- Guduchi, triphala churna, and gokshura: These Ayurvedic medicines are used for clearing blockages in your body. This prevents the production of shukra dhatu and helps in the management of female infertility.
- Shatavari: This Ayurvedic medicine is designed only for women for the treatment of infertility.
- Dietary changes: Ayurveda states that a woman suffering from infertility must follow a strict diet plan. Spicy, oily, and extra salt foods should be strictly avoided. It is recommended for you to consume food items such as almonds, whole grains, fresh vegetables, fresh fruits, and dried fruits.
If you are suffering from infertility and seek Ayurvedic treatment, visit an experienced Ayurvedic practitioner for timely advise. He will be able to diagnose your cause and prescribe remedies based on the diagnosis.
What things should be eaten in period ,what should not, drinking warm water in period is good for relief from pain,
I am bleeding since 3 days but light bleeding, my regular periods are very heavy on first few days but not this time .I have to take pregnancy test also to be sure because I took turmeric in boiled water before 4 days from my due date that's why I think my periods preponed but on 3rd day also light bleeding is happening. I have my regular periods on 4th every month. This time they are on 30th august. I am in confusion with implantation bleeding or are they my regular periods only?(took I pill on 11th august after my intercourse).
A healthy lifestyle doesn't just mean eating right; it also means eating food prepared using the right cooking oil. Generally, people buy cooking oil that is advertised as healthy or the one which is being bought regularly for years. However, there is much more to choosing a good cooking oil than just that.
Basic things to remember when choosing an oil
1. Fat composition
-there are 3 types of fats: unsaturated fatty acids saturated and trans fats. Unsaturated are the best followed by saturated, worst being the trans fats.
-unsaturated fats are further classified into monounsaturated fatty acids (mufa) and polyunsaturated fatty acids (pufa)
-studies have shown that when used in place of saturated fats, pufa can help to improve cholesterol levels thereby reducing the risk for heart disease.
-as a rule of thumb, you should choose pufa and mufa containing oils like olive, rice bran, mustard and canola oil, over saturated fats, like butter and vanaspati ghee, to minimize your risk for heart disease.
-trans fats are a strict no-no and are best avoided.
2. Minor health components
-apart from the major components, some oils contain certain components which provide various nutritional benefits even in low levels.
-various such components include tocopherols, oryzanol, phytosterols. All these components have been shown to lower cholesterol levels in the body. They thus help in lowering the risk of heart diseases.
3. Smoke point
-smoking point is the tolerance of oil towards heat. When heated beyond a certain temperature, oil undergoes oxidation thereby forming free radicals which are harmful to your health.
-studies suggest that highly oxidized and heated fats may have carcinogenic effects due to toxic byproducts formed due to frying.
-canola oil, mustard oil, soybean oil, sunflower oil are the ones with a high smoke point and can be used for cooking at high temperature.
Which oils to use?
The oil has around 70% mufa and 22% pufa of which 10% is omega 3 fatty acid, and 12% is omega 6 fatty acid. It was once considered unhealthy, but studies prove that it is one of the healthiest cooking oils due to its high mufa and pufa content. It is low in saturated fatty acids and has an almost ideal omega 6: omega 3 ratio of 6: 5 (olive oil has around 20: 1). It is also rich in vitamin e and antioxidants. Another fact that goes in its favour is that it is cold pressed.
Rice bran oil
Rice bran oil has a very high smoke point and has a mild flavour. It is one of the most balanced oils with 47% mufa, 33% pufa, and 20% saturated fats. It also contains vitamin e, oryzanol and phytosterols. The only drawback of this oil is that it has less omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acid levels.
It is one of the most commonly used oils for cooking. It is a rich source of pufa. The unsaturated fatty acids include 10% alphaleinolenic acid, 50% linoleic acid and 23% oleic acid-all of which is good fat. It contains around 14% saturated fat. It has high smoke point and is commonly used in our homes.
It's a native of Canada and is low acidic in nature. It has a high smoke point and over 60% mufa. It has a neutral taste.
Extra virgin olive oil
It's better known for imparting benefits for the heart. It raises the good cholesterol and lowers the bad cholesterol. 75% fats in it are mufa. It has got the fruity aroma. The only limitation of this oil is that it does not have an ideal omega 6: omega 3 ratios (20: 1).
It is basically refined vegetable oil which is made more stable by increasing its shelf life and decreasing its chances to turn rancid. It is not suitable for deep frying due to its low smoke point. It is considered to be the unhealthiest of al oils since it lacks any vitamins, bioactive compounds and is loaded with trans fats. Consuming this oil is directly linked to high cholesterol and risk of heart diseases.
You should make it a habit of using oils like rice brand oil, canola oil, olive oil and mustard oil in rotation to get the maximum health benefits out of these oils. So go ahead and choose these simple tips to choose your cooking oil for a healthier you.
I'm 28 years old and i'm pregnant 2mth 3 day my usg report show left simple ovarian cyst (anechoic cyst 3.69x4.46 cm. It is complicated in my pregnancy or not and its treatment?
My sister in-law is about 32 years old. She was now 16 week pregnant. It is her 3rd pregnancy. Previous one was term IUD. Today she done Ultrasound and found a cyst measuring 13cmX12cm in right ovary. Some times she feels pain in lower abdomen. Doctor told her not to be worried. What will she do?
Over the years, infidelity has surfaced as the single most common reason that has the ability to shatter and dismantle a perfectly happy relationship. Infidelity can occur in any and every form of relationship and in each of them, it is deemed as unacceptable and uncalled for. Lack of affection has generally been identified as the primary cause why people stray.
However, there are other reasons too that cause infidelity. Some of them are:
- Bad judgment: The person who is held responsible for going astray may actually be the victim of bad judgement and an impulsive decision. There may not be anything wrong with the marriage, but momentary attraction and a rash decision are possible reasons that lead a person astray.
- Search for an emotional connect: The lack of emotional connect with the partner can be a possible reason for infidelity. An unquenchable thirst for attention and the need to be flattered as well as finding an emotional connect with a new person causes infidelity. Though the most common and devastating outcome of infidelity is the end of a relationship, there are ways, which helps one to overcome infidelity.
- Ending the affair immediately: The first and foremost step that you must take in overcoming infidelity is to end the affair immediately. If your relationship is important to you, then it would require your complete investment both physically and emotionally. You must snap all contacts with the other person and concentrate on rebuilding your relationship with renewed faith and trust.
- Open discussion: If you want your relationship to work then you must have a completely free and open discussion with your partner. Coming clean about your past affair is imperative if you want to begin anew. Your partner deserves a complete, honest discussion and you must do it delicately and with a lot of care.
- Willingness to compromise: Beginning a relationship after confessing about the past relationships requires a lot of hard work and compromises. It will take a long time for the relationship to be what it was before the infidelity and you should take complete responsibility for it as well have a willingness to compromise on certain issues.
- Marriage therapy: Apart from the attempt to amend yourself, you can also use the help of a marriage therapist. A marriage counselor or a therapist, through prolonged discussions and sound counselling can avert the possible ending of the relationship.